PDA

View Full Version : Advice appreciated...Heading to the TT game this weekend...

bmjlr
10/22/2013, 09:32 PM
Boomer Sooner! I am from Wichita and heading to Norman this weekend for the TT game. Coming in Friday, and leaving Sunday. I would appreciate it if anybody would offer suggestions on where to go Friday night, and after the game Saturday (or before)(no worries beer is in the plans) Was wondering if there is a popular bar/hangout on Friday's before the game, and after. Is the Switzer Center open on game days? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

8timechamps
10/22/2013, 09:38 PM
Boomer Sooner! I am from Wichita and heading to Norman this weekend for the TT game. Coming in Friday, and leaving Sunday. I would appreciate it if anybody would offer suggestions on where to go Friday night, and after the game Saturday (or before)(no worries beer is in the plans) Was wondering if there is a popular bar/hangout on Friday's before the game, and after. Is the Switzer Center open on game days? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Can't help you with the places on Friday night, but the Switzer Center is closed on game day. Not sure, but it may be closed on Friday too.

Have fun and BE LOUD!

bmjlr
10/22/2013, 11:08 PM
I will be freaking loud...Sooners need a WIN!!!!!!

PrideMom
10/23/2013, 08:51 AM
Oklahoma City's Bricktown is always a good place to go! The weather is going to be fantastic, so walking around will be okay.

badger
10/23/2013, 09:54 AM
You have chosen Homecoming week. Unless you find campus activities cheesy, here's some details:
- Banners on display in student union
- pep rally 7:30 p.m. Friday at McCasland Field House
- sidewalk chalk on display in South Oval
- display boards near Bizzell statue on South Oval
- 11 a.m. Saturday float parade

more info here (http://www.ou.edu/sga/cac.html).

bmjlr
10/23/2013, 10:08 AM
Oklahoma City's Bricktown is always a good place to go! The weather is going to be fantastic, so walking around will be okay.

Thank you! I appreciate it. I haven't been there yet.

bmjlr
10/23/2013, 10:09 AM
You have chosen Homecoming week. Unless you find campus activities cheesy, here's some details:
- Banners on display in student union
- pep rally 7:30 p.m. Friday at McCasland Field House
- sidewalk chalk on display in South Oval
- display boards near Bizzell statue on South Oval
- 11 a.m. Saturday float parade

more info here (http://www.ou.edu/sga/cac.html).

Actually, all those sound fun. Thank you very much!

sooneron
10/23/2013, 11:16 AM
Switzer Center is usually open on Fridays.

bmjlr
10/23/2013, 01:27 PM
Thank you all for the responses. I think I will try to get down there early enough Friday to go to the Switzer Center, and then check out the pep rally.

FlatLander
10/23/2013, 01:29 PM
McNellies on Main street for good beer selection.

badger
10/23/2013, 01:33 PM
Thank you all for the responses. I think I will try to get down there early enough Friday to go to the Switzer Center, and then check out the pep rally.

it will likely be a bunch of greek pledges making fools of themselves to impress the upperclassmen, which yes, will probably be funny

BermudaSooner
10/23/2013, 02:19 PM
Switzer Center is open 9-5 Thursdays and Fridays.

Must hit campus corner prior to game time, watch the floats go down Boyd (I think that is where they go), and see the band come through campus corner.

Definately go to Bricktown--I'd suggest Saturday night. Too bad the Thunder aren't in town this weekend.

bmjlr
10/23/2013, 03:27 PM
it will likely be a bunch of greek pledges making fools of themselves to impress the upperclassmen, which yes, will probably be funny

Awesome! I look forward to that..who hasn't done that....:redface:

bmjlr
10/23/2013, 03:34 PM
Switzer Center is open 9-5 Thursdays and Fridays.

Must hit campus corner prior to game time, watch the floats go down Boyd (I think that is where they go), and see the band come through campus corner.

Definately go to Bricktown--I'd suggest Saturday night. Too bad the Thunder aren't in town this weekend.

Campus Corner was on the list, didn't realize the parade was on Boyd. Looking forward to the whole weekend. Can't wait!