PDA

View Full Version : Labor Participation Rate Lowest Since Carter Presidency

FaninAma
10/22/2013, 10:08 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-employers-add-148k-jobs-123114504.html

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/22/Miss-September-Jobs-Report-Underwhelms

i call on all you greedy GOP and Tea Party types to do your fair share and work even harder in order to support this country's massive entitlement programs. If you have a job go get another. If you have 2 jobs go get a 3rd. If you can only find part time jobs then double the previous numbers.

Don't worry about a thing.Obama and his fellow Democrats have everything under control. If you don't feel the need to work just sign up for Obamacare, SNAP, housing subsidies, Obama phones and disability. It is a brave new world. Only stupid people work any more.

diverdog
10/22/2013, 01:20 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-employers-add-148k-jobs-123114504.html

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/22/Miss-September-Jobs-Report-Underwhelms

i call on all you greedy GOP and Tea Party types to do your fair share and work even harder in order to support this country's massive entitlement programs. If you have a job go get another. If you have 2 jobs go get a 3rd. If you can only find part time jobs then double the previous numbers.

Don't worry about a thing.Obama and his fellow Democrats have everything under control. If you don't feel the need to work just sign up for Obamacare, SNAP, housing subsidies, Obama phones and disability. It is a brave new world. Only stupid people work any more.

so your answer is austerity? Ask Colorado how that worked for them in the 90's.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=753

cleller
10/22/2013, 08:43 PM
I think his answer might be employment.

FaninAma
10/22/2013, 11:16 PM
so your answer is austerity? Ask Colorado how that worked for them in the 90's.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=753

What is your definition of austerity.....borrowing $850 billion a year? Printing $85 billion a month to buy our country's promissory notes because nobody else wants them? Increasing the country's $17 trillion debt or $90 trillion in unfunded federal liability.

diverdog
10/23/2013, 05:05 AM
What is your definition of austerity.....borrowing $850 billion a year? Printing $85 billion a month to buy our country's promissory notes because nobody else wants them? Increasing the country's $17 trillion debt or $90 trillion in unfunded federal liability.

we can not cut enough spending to balance the budget without tax increases. So my solution is to cut some spending, increase some taxes and grow the economy.

I think your solution is to massively cut spending ( austerity) and not much else.

FaninAma
10/23/2013, 07:29 AM
we can not cut enough spending to balance the budget without tax increases. So my solution is to cut some spending, increase some taxes and grow the economy.

I think your solution is to massively cut spending ( austerity) and not much else.

The government does not create any wealth. It redistributes it. It takes from one citizen and gives to another. It takes from future generation and gives to current gnerations. Why should current generations be able to live off debt that future generations have to pay for? I think we should have to live under an austerity program although I do not think depriving the federal government of money would necessarily be as painful as you Keynesians think it would.

diverdog
10/23/2013, 08:21 AM
The government does not create any wealth. It redistributes it. It takes from one citizen and gives to another. It takes from future generation and gives to current gnerations. Why should current generations be able to live off debt that future generations have to pay for? I think we should have to live under an austerity program although I do not think depriving the federal government of money would necessarily be as painful as you Keynesians think it would.

The argument government does not create wealth is bogus. There are zero facts to support that claim. Most major corporations do business with the government. Part of my job is banking with the government. There are times government awarded contracts enable companies to really expand into the private sector and the triangle industrial area in NC buries your argument.

Show me one place currently where austerity is working?

FaninAma
10/23/2013, 02:37 PM
The argument government does not create wealth is bogus. There are zero facts to support that claim. Most major corporations do business with the government. Part of my job is banking with the government. There are times government awarded contracts enable companies to really expand into the private sector and the triangle industrial area in NC buries your argument.

Show me one place currently where austerity is working?

The government does not create any wealth. Zero. It creates debt which siphons off wealth. You don't create long-lasting prosperity by constantly wracking up debt. You create a faux prosperity just like idiots who look temporarily prosperous when they max out their multiple Visa cards and borrow against their children's futures with home equity loans.

diverdog
10/23/2013, 06:06 PM
The government does not create any wealth. Zero. It creates debt which siphons off wealth. You don't create long-lasting prosperity by constantly wracking up debt. You create a faux prosperity just like idiots who look temporarily prosperous when they max out their multiple Visa cards and borrow against their children's futures with home equity loans.

Fanin credit can also be good. There are lots of great companies that carry debt. We also have natural resources worth hundreds of trillions of dollars and the ability to tax a whole lot more.

badger
10/24/2013, 11:10 AM
Jobs do so much more than give people income. It gives people identity, a sense of purpose, a sense of accomplishment, a means of taking care of one's family and self, and even some social time.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/26/2013, 06:20 AM
I think his answer might be employment.
Employment and getting the more people on defined benefits than have jobs into jobs and off the government teat...