PDA

View Full Version : And the 2013 Heisman Trophy goes to....

Soonerwake
10/21/2013, 10:44 PM
Whatcha think at this point??

I've watched a game or two and I don't think it's really that close. I know he's a prick and that the voters won't give it to him again, but Manziel is the best player in college football right now. For a guy thats too small with a weak arm, he seems to make all of the throws, rarely gets tackled for a loss, and keeps putting up crazy numbers with 1 good receiver, and no help from his defense.

I give it up to Winston from FSU who I put second, and Mariota from UO, third.. But right now, Manziel is it. And yes, that hurts to say..

Widescreen
10/21/2013, 11:14 PM
Frankly, I don't care who the best player is. I know that's who the Heisman is supposed to go to. But if I was a Heisman voter, there's no way I'd want it to go to that jackass again.

nighttrain12
10/21/2013, 11:30 PM
Frankly, I don't care who the best player is. I know that's who the Heisman is supposed to go to. But if I was a Heisman voter, there's no way I'd want it to go to that jackass again.

Johnny Knoxville?

yermom
10/21/2013, 11:41 PM
After that Clemson game it's Jameis' to lose

TheHumanAlphabet
10/22/2013, 12:24 AM
The heisman is fail now...

Pricetag
10/22/2013, 01:01 AM
For a guy thats too small with a weak arm, he seems to make all of the throws, rarely gets tackled for a loss, and keeps putting up crazy numbers with 1 good receiver
I'm beginning to think that one good receiver should be getting some consideration. There's no denying Manziel's elusiveness and running ability, but Evans (that's his name, right?) has used his size and physicality to bail Johnny out of some pretty silly throws.

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2013, 01:28 AM
Seastrunk

badger
10/22/2013, 08:22 AM
The quarterback of the team with the most ESPN hype :mad:

sooneron
10/22/2013, 08:57 AM
The guy that wanted to go to ut, but :mack: ignored him... :D

achiro
10/22/2013, 09:02 AM
I'm beginning to think that one good receiver should be getting some consideration. There's no denying Manziel's elusiveness and running ability, but Evans (that's his name, right?) has used his size and physicality to bail Johnny out of some pretty silly throws.

Yeah, I was going to say that if Johnny M wins it again he needs to give it to his receiver. FSU QB is legit.

Ruf/Nek7
10/22/2013, 09:06 AM
1.) Winston
2.) Mariota
3.) Manziel

stoops the eternal pimp
10/22/2013, 11:54 AM
1. Winston
2. Mike Evans
3. Manziel
4. Bryce Petty

EatLeadCommie
10/22/2013, 12:13 PM
Manziel, but there are going to be a lot of votes that won't go his way because he's such an asshat.

badger
10/22/2013, 12:15 PM
Manziel, but there are going to be a lot of votes that won't go his way because he's such an asshat.

You could also argue that the award is very political. Lots of anti-SEC bias, as well as those who don't want to see anyone win it more than once anymore. But more than anything, yes, Heisman snobs probably don't want an asshat representing them

BermudaSooner
10/22/2013, 12:18 PM
A&M will likely have 4 losses by the end of the voting. Hard for Jonny F-Head to win it with 4 losses...but the kid is a hell of a talent.

If FSU wins out, that kid wins it.

CowboyMRW
10/22/2013, 12:27 PM
I have a hard time not seeing Mariota get it. He's the best QB to play for Oregon and will make it in the NFL. He can do it all.

badger
10/22/2013, 12:39 PM
I have a hard time not seeing Mariota get it. He's the best QB to play for Oregon and will make it in the NFL. He can do it all.

Oregon quarterbacks have a sort of anti-Heisman curse surrounding them, which has also kept them from succeeding in the NFL and winning national championships.

Joey Harrington in 2001? Oregon infamously put up a huge New York billboard labeling him Joey Heisman. He finished fourth in voting.

Dennis Dixon in 2007? Led Oregon to the No. 2 ranking in the country... before ACLing against Mike Stoops' Arizona. NP and I watching the game still remember this craziness --- on the commercial break after this nationally-televised off-night game (I think it was either a Thursday or Friday), Oregon ran a salute-to-our-heisman-candidate ad featuring Dennis Dixon. It was the most poorly timed ad in the history of ever.

Quack quack. Ducks are for hunting, not for Heismans.

Ruf/Nek7
10/22/2013, 12:39 PM

Only reason i have him at #2 is because of his last performance against Wazzu

badger
10/22/2013, 12:57 PM

Tee hee... if a quarterback sets a record in your game, you better be the quarterback who sets it :D

CowboyMRW
10/22/2013, 02:49 PM

I think the Stanford game is going to make/break his chances. I have no problem right now with Winston as #1 based on the shellacking he gave Clemson.

I'm scared of what he's going to do to OSU next year when we lose almost every starter on defense. If it opens at anything less than -28 I would be surprised.

dennis580
10/22/2013, 02:59 PM
Whatcha think at this point??

I've watched a game or two and I don't think it's really that close. I know he's a prick and that the voters won't give it to him again, but Manziel is the best player in college football right now. For a guy thats too small with a weak arm, he seems to make all of the throws, rarely gets tackled for a loss, and keeps putting up crazy numbers with 1 good receiver, and no help from his defense.

I give it up to Winston from FSU who I put second, and Mariota from UO, third.. But right now, Manziel is it. And yes, that hurts to say..

I agree its not close because Winston is way out in front. Probably having the greatest freshmen season of any player in college football history.

CowboyMRW
10/22/2013, 03:16 PM
I agree its not close because Winston is way out in front. Probably having the greatest freshmen season of any player in college football history.

Is he ahead of where Manziel was last year? That was a truly special year to lead the SEC in rushing and passing.

Soonerwake
10/22/2013, 03:30 PM

Greatest freshman season in history?? As much as it pains me to say it, but 2012 Manziel says hello... You may want to check the stats before making a claim like that.

I can't believe that I'm arguing for Manziel, but damn, he's good. A&M may lose a couple more games, but they wouldn't even be close without him. Their defense is terrible.

badger
10/22/2013, 03:36 PM
Does the Big 12 have any serious candidates, or does it depend on if Tech and Baylor stay undefeated a bit longer

kbsooner21
10/22/2013, 03:39 PM
Winston

bmjlr
10/22/2013, 03:42 PM
Eric Stiker!!!!!

CowboyMRW
10/22/2013, 03:48 PM
Does the Big 12 have any serious candidates, or does it depend on if Tech and Baylor stay undefeated a bit longer

Tech doesn't. Petty and Seastrunk could, but the only way they get invites is if Baylor goes undefeated. I can't see a RB winning unless it's super down like Ingram's year.

8timechamps
10/22/2013, 05:06 PM
1. Winston
2. Mike Evans
3. Manziel
4. Bryce Petty

Exactly. If Manziel doesn't have Mike Evans, he's not putting up the same numbers.

I'll agree with STEP's list, except for one exception:

1. Winston
2. Evans
3. Bridgewater (I know they have a loss, but he is the reason they are sitting at 6-1 right now).
4. Petty

8timechamps
10/22/2013, 05:07 PM
Tech doesn't. Petty and Seastrunk could, but the only way they get invites is if Baylor goes undefeated. I can't see a RB winning unless it's super down like Ingram's year.

If, by chance, Tech goes undefeated, then Jace Amaro will be in NYC.

Statalyzer
10/22/2013, 05:13 PM
If it was really about best player and not "best QB/RB on a top 15 team", it would be going to Evans if the season ended now.

badger
10/23/2013, 08:34 AM

Heisman voters that year: Well crap, I guess we can't deny Bammer a Heisman anymore...

SicEmBaylor
10/23/2013, 03:08 PM
Your 2013 Heisman Trophy winner is at the :55 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptYwCp8jxkg