PDA

View Full Version : AD=not a good person...

ObiKaTony
10/21/2013, 07:32 PM
Great running back, very confused person. Don't know if he is a POS, but he sure acts like he is...
He never even met his own child until he was already in a coma...sorry, that just makes me sick.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/17/adrian-peterson-could-have-7-kids-ex/

DarrellZero
10/21/2013, 07:43 PM
Granted it doesn't make him man of the year to father children out of wedlock.

However, it's a little perverse to call him out because the child happened to be beaten to death by an infinitely more evil person.

Soonerwake
10/21/2013, 07:45 PM
Relax, he just found out the kid was his so it's no wonder that he never met him.

As far as the 7 kids out of wedlock, it's easy to pass judgement but he's a good looking, start athlete who obviously likes to "get his groove on".. Should he be more careful about birth control, absolutely. Is he being reckless, no doubt.. Does that make him a "bad person"?? I think that's a stretch.. According to that article, he supports all of his kids so that's not the issue. Could he do a better job, Im sure he could.

So, it comes down to the fact that apparently AD needs a lifetime supply of Trojans, and someone to remind him to use them. That's what makes you "sick"?? I guess you are a Tebow fan..

picasso
10/21/2013, 07:46 PM
It's a sad epidemic.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2013, 07:47 PM
He has very poor judgement, but I don't think I'd say he's a "bad" person. If he refused to support any of his kids then that'd make him a pretty ****ty guy, but I have not heard that to be the case.

Soonerwake
10/21/2013, 07:51 PM
If anyone thinks that unmarried star athletes aren't out getting busy on a regular basis and that there are women out there working the angles with these guys may want to pull their heads out of their asses...

Not saying its right, but.....

olevetonahill
10/21/2013, 07:59 PM
Another "Holier Than Thou" Hypocrite

nighttrain12
10/21/2013, 08:02 PM

Are you suggesting Tony may have a couple of 'accidents' running around out there?

BigTip
10/21/2013, 08:05 PM
Come on guys! Like all of us don't have out of wedlock kids out there? Geez.

:friendly_wink:

ouduckhunter
10/21/2013, 08:40 PM
He has repeatedly exercised poor judgement, but I would like to think that he is still a kind, and decent person.

olevetonahill
10/21/2013, 08:44 PM
Are you suggesting Tony may have a couple of 'accidents' running around out there?

Hell some of these Judgmental *** holes Act like they never got drunky laid before.

olevetonahill
10/21/2013, 08:45 PM
Come on guys! Like all of us don't have out of wedlock kids out there? Geez.

:friendly_wink:

I have 3 kids I can show Pictures of.

EatLeadCommie
10/21/2013, 08:52 PM
AD has 7 kids because he can go All Day.

AD has 7 kids because his Super Schlong cannot be contained by one of those puny, mortal condoms.

ObiKaTony
10/21/2013, 08:59 PM

Holier than thou? Call it like I see it, and I am not passing judgement, I'm making an informed opinion. Kids see AD, and it's just sad, it actually sucks. Much of it was/his upbringing, but that doesn't mean his behavior should be excused. It's BAD behavior, I don't think he is a bad person, who knows for sure. However, it should be told his behavior sucks...

ObiKaTony
10/21/2013, 09:02 PM
Ill rephrase, cuz the subject line actually says bad person, but I clarified in the statement. Not my place tk say he is a bad person, but I believe it should be said his behavior is bad, and it's a little ridiculous. It's also indicative of an american culture that is sub par, a d the pansies on tv won't say what is obvious...

EatLeadCommie
10/21/2013, 09:02 PM
Dude lost his son and everybody wants to moralize. OK, maybe he should go ahead and get snipped so that he can quit spending hard earned money on some stripper's kids, but there is a time and a place to have that debate, and it isn't now. It's obnoxious.

ObiKaTony
10/21/2013, 09:04 PM
Dude lost his son and everybody wants to moralize. OK, maybe he should go ahead and get snipped so that he can quit spending hard earned money on some stripper's kids, but there is a time and a place to have that debate, and it isn't now. It's obnoxious.

It's apparent ad didnt much care for his son, he never saw him conscience...

EatLeadCommie
10/21/2013, 09:15 PM

Do you read the articles that you post? He didn't know he was even his kid until recently. My guess is that football season isn't the most convenient time to go on a jaunt to South Dakota.

olevetonahill
10/21/2013, 09:18 PM

Yer a ****ing IDIOT JUDGMENTAL PRICK .
If you are so informed and kmow so much why dont you KNOW that He never KNEW he had this Kid until just a Month or so ago.
Go stand on a ****in street corner and PREACH .

Collier11
10/21/2013, 09:18 PM
Holier than thou? Call it like I see it, and I am not passing judgement, I'm making an informed opinion.

The problem is that you aren't informed. He literally found out about this kid 2 months ago. The women had no clue whose it was and hid it from AD. So...let me ask you this since it seems clear that you ignored that fact before posting your statement. The guy just found out that this is his kid, This kid has been raised by another man who believed that this was his kid. AD went to the ER when his kid was beaten and to his funeral. He had no attachment other than blood up to this point. How do you know that the woman and man who raised him even let AD see him until he was hurt? How do you know if AD called every single day, or hardly ever? How do you know AD wasn't supporting the kid? You literally know nothing of the situation other than what you decided to assume so you could pass judgment. Maybe all of the "AD is such a great DAD" statements were off base, but that doesn't tell you anything about if he is a bad dude. If he weren't rich would that make him a bad dude? How many kids in college or in their 20s have unprotected sex? Does that make them bad people? I think you need to reassess what you declare as informed, because it seems that you knew very little

sooneron
10/21/2013, 09:20 PM
nm, Collier 11 pretty much covered it.
OKT :succs:

ObiKaTony
10/21/2013, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=EatLeadCommie;4098189]Do you read the articles that you post? He didn't know he was even his kid until recently. My guess is that football season isn't the most convenient time to go on a jaunt to South Dakota.[/

Yes I did, there is also reports of him not seeing his other children.

Guys, I like ad as a player, and I'm not judging, I was just disappointed, it's just sad. If this were a Texas played everyone would be sayin the same thing I've been saying

olevetonahill
10/21/2013, 09:21 PM
The problem is that you aren't informed. He literally found out about this kid 2 months ago. The women had no clue whose it was and hid it from AD. So...let me ask you this since it seems clear that you ignored that fact before posting your statement. The guy just found out that this is his kid, This kid has been raised by another man who believed that this was his kid. AD went to the ER when his kid was beaten and to his funeral. He had no attachment other than blood up to this point. How do you know that the woman and man who raised him even let AD see him until he was hurt? How do you know if AD called every single day, or hardly ever? How do you know AD wasn't supporting the kid? You literally know nothing of the situation other than what you decided to assume so you could pass judgment. Maybe all of the "AD is such a great DAD" statements were off base, but that doesn't tell you anything about if he is a bad dude. If he weren't rich would that make him a bad dude? How many kids in college or in their 20s have unprotected sex? Does that make them bad people? I think you need to reassess what you declare as informed, because it seems that you knew very little

I said it simpler LOL

ObiKaTony
10/21/2013, 09:25 PM
I said it simpler LOL

I know about 98 percent of men who don't have 7 kids from various women, just sayin...

CatfishSooner
10/21/2013, 09:37 PM
I know about 98 percent of men who don't have 7 kids from various women, just sayin...

Shut the **** up and go somewhere else with your bull **** troll

olevetonahill
10/21/2013, 09:37 PM

So that gives you the right to Judge?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTyvcKhu1kcMddt4SoFAQ8lvrHFVpa5 yJI-0RENIvS67YG1St9

olevetonahill
10/21/2013, 09:38 PM
Shut the **** up and go somewhere else with your bull **** troll

Heh

Scott D
10/21/2013, 09:48 PM
Tony's dad is not a good person for lying to his mother about pulling out when he promised to.

EatLeadCommie
10/21/2013, 09:51 PM

I suspect that number would decline significantly if 98% of them were in AD's shoes.

NorthernIowaSooner
10/21/2013, 10:04 PM

Guys, I like ad as a player, and I'm not judging, I was just disappointed, it's just sad. If this were a Texas played everyone would be sayin the same thing I've been saying

Judge:form an opinion or conclusion about.

You are judging him. Not only are you misinformed, you're not real intelligent either.

You've made you statement, you think he's a bad person. That's your opinion, you have a right to it. Stop being a bitch and backtracking from it. Also, stop making such dumba$$ statements.

TXBOOMER
10/21/2013, 10:17 PM
AD is no Einstein, but has always seemed like a good dude. Better wrap it up before he pulls a Magic Johnson.

Therealsouthsider
10/21/2013, 10:23 PM
...it's really none of your business but since he is a public figure you decided to cast your opinion on the waters...fine, we understand your position and it means little. Put your money where your mouth is and adopt a disadvantaged or fatherless child and give them the home and love life took from them, otherwise, hypocrit yourass right out the door you came in

ss

Blue
10/21/2013, 10:56 PM
This board is the wrong place to state an opinion. The natives are restless and have nothing better to do than jump your ***.

For the record, imo, AD is just a symptom of a larger problem of having kids out of wedlock. Dumb, yes. Bad person? No.

ouwasp
10/21/2013, 11:04 PM
I remember every time Derrick Thomas played on TV the announcers would pump the story about his father being KIA in Vietnam. Kinda made me root for the guy.

Then, after Thomas died from injuries sustained in a car crash (he was the driver, going 100mph on an icy road, another passenger died as well), the news surfaced that Thomas had fathered 7 kids with five different women.

I figured D. Thomas was very lacking in judgement and responsibility. Was I wrong?

Collier11
10/21/2013, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=EatLeadCommie;4098189]Do you read the articles that you post? He didn't know he was even his kid until recently. My guess is that football season isn't the most convenient time to go on a jaunt to South Dakota.[/

His other kids live with him dumbass

Collier11
10/21/2013, 11:11 PM

what does it matter to you? I hope AD doesn't end up like TO with a ton of kids and no money, but ultimately it has no bearing on your life

stoopified
10/22/2013, 05:22 AM
Getting pregnant by a star athlete is a pretty easy way to ride a child support gravy train for 18 years.I'm willing to bet that not just AD's case but most cases the woman says that she has taken care of birth control but in reality is hoping for the pregnancy lottery ticket.I'd be willing to bet a child in this situation nets the mother 5-6K a month in child support; maybe more.

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2013, 06:01 AM
It's bad form to publicly eat your own.

Widescreen
10/22/2013, 07:40 AM
Getting pregnant by a star athlete is a pretty easy way to ride a child support gravy train for 18 years.I'm willing to bet that not just AD's case but most cases the woman says that she has taken care of birth control but in reality is hoping for the pregnancy lottery ticket.I'd be willing to bet a child in this situation nets the mother 5-6K a month in child support; maybe more.

These guys need to understand that they can't trust the woman. Like you said, a lot of women see the $$$$ opportunity and will absolutely lie to get it. Athletes need to take their own precautions - and not just for the pregnancy issue.

sooneron
10/22/2013, 07:48 AM
$2500/month will pay for a lot of weaves...

I thought the teams/nfl has guys that talk to the players about being rooked into this sort of thing. AD has shown Tiger Woods-like bad judgement in this regard. Banging someone with nothing to lose is fun at the time, but there are usually consequences. At this rate, AD is heading for Holyfield territory. A lot of these athletes didn't grow up with father figures, (I thought AD did-Preacher step dad), but they see nothing wrong with behavior that causes it to happen again because, heh, look at how they turned out- famous & wealthy.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/22/2013, 09:01 AM
$2500/month will pay for a lot of weaves...

Stereotype much?

As a matter of fact, the mother of the murdered baby is white.

badger
10/22/2013, 09:29 AM
can we lock this thread? just the thread title alone should be a delete-worthy :(

mojorisen2014
10/22/2013, 09:42 AM
Clearly this wouldn't have happened if AD would have came back for his senior season.

SoonerKnight
10/22/2013, 09:54 AM
can we lock this thread? just the thread title alone should be a delete-worthy :(

I agree. This is BS!

cherokeebrewer
10/22/2013, 09:55 AM

I say delete it...has to be one of the 10 worst threads ever on SF.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/22/2013, 10:00 AM
from all comments I heard about his son's death, most fans were most interested if it meant he wasn't playing this week

David Earl
10/22/2013, 10:28 AM
Sorry folks, I've been busy and missed this thing. We're gonna just shut this thread down. We all agree parents should love their kids and we shouldn't kick somebody when they're down and we shouldn't harshly judge situations when we don't have all the facts. So, let's drop it and everybody go back to what you were doing.