PDA

View Full Version : Rams QB Sam Bradford tore his ACL. He's out for year...

JLEW1818
10/20/2013, 11:21 PM
Bad start to his career. Unlucky

olevetonahill
10/20/2013, 11:31 PM
Bad start to his career. Unlucky

Thot O just heard that, bad news.

Blue
10/20/2013, 11:36 PM
Start? It is possibly over.

Curly Bill
10/20/2013, 11:39 PM
Seems his career has been underway for a while now, but this really sucks!

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2013, 11:45 PM
If he makes it back and as good, he needs to demand a trade!

The Rams could have ruined a perfectly good QB, again!

kevpks
10/20/2013, 11:46 PM

Name one QB in the past 10 years whose career ended because of an ACL injury.

Blue
10/20/2013, 11:52 PM
Name one QB in the past 10 years whose career ended because of an ACL injury.

I don't have to. He hasn't exactly been tearing it up regardless of whether its his fault or not. It'll be the end of next year before he is back and by then Fisher might've moved on.

kevpks
10/20/2013, 11:55 PM
I don't have to. He hasn't exactly been tearing it up regardless of whether its his fault or not. It'll be the end of next year before he is back and by then Fisher might've moved on.

What are you talking about? First, we don't know the severity of the injury. Second, how many QBs have come back for the next season following a knee injury like this? Brady, Palmer, RGIII to name a few. Why would it be the end of NEXT season before he came back? The Rams might well go in a different direction but have you seen some of the guys drawing a check at the QB position in this league? To say the injury itself is a career ender is asinine given the track record for recovery from ACL injuries for QBs and the fact that Bradford had a secure starting job before the injury.

kevpks
10/20/2013, 11:57 PM
I don't have to. Spoken like someone with no evidence to back up his claim whatsoever.

Blue
10/20/2013, 11:59 PM
What are you talking about? First, we don't know the severity of the injury. Second, how many QBs have come back for the next season following a knee injury like this? Brady, Palmer, RGIII to name a few. Why would it be the end of NEXT season before he came back? The Rams might well go in a different direction but have you seen some of the guys drawing a check at the QB position in this league? To say the injury itself is a career ender is asinine given the track record for recovery from ACL injuries for QBs and the fact that Bradford had a secure starting job before the injury.

End of next year/later half as of a year from now. I didn't say the acl itself was a career ender. Calm down. I'm just saying he was on a short leash as it was.

Blue
10/21/2013, 12:02 AM
Spoken like someone with no evidence to back up his claim whatsoever.

It's my opinion and it's a message board, numbnuts.

kevpks
10/21/2013, 12:08 AM
End of next year/later half as of a year from now. I didn't say the acl itself was a career ender. Calm down. I'm just saying he was on a short leash as it was.

If he were on a short leash Kellen Clemens would not be the backup. A short leash implies there is someone on the team who could be a legitimate NFL starter. I agree that he had 1 or 2 more years to be part of St. Louis moving in the right direction but again, this is a league where Ryan Fitzpatrick still gets paid to play football. You don't think Bradford could find another team? The Rams have too much invested in him to move on before giving him a chance to come back and any QB who has started as many games as him will get another shot.

kevpks
10/21/2013, 12:09 AM
It's my opinion and it's a message board, numbnuts.

And opinions backed up by nothing are pretty weak and can be called out as such. Just my opinion.

rock on sooner
10/21/2013, 06:22 AM
Didn't see it but read that it was a "questionable late hit out of bounds" that
caused the injury...according to the story was a pretty nasty game..lots of
personal foul penalties.

VA Sooner
10/21/2013, 06:25 AM
Ugly injury, out for the year. Rams with a salary cap coming and contract ending in 2015... spells trouble for Sam.

olevetonahill
10/21/2013, 06:37 AM
Didn't see it but read that it was a "questionable late hit out of bounds" that
caused the injury...according to the story was a pretty nasty game..lots of
personal foul penalties.

This says it was a Legit hit. Bummer for Sam

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rams-bradford-carted-locker-room-201015825--nfl.html;_ylt=AwrTWVU9D2VSiE8AeO5NbK5_

Aries
10/21/2013, 07:11 AM

I can assure you Bradford is not on a short leash. The Rams (Fisher, Demoff, Snead) have all said they are firmly behind Sam and he is their QB, Fisher stated in fact that Bradford was one of the reasons he chose the Rams over Miami. Look at his career statistics, while Bradford may not have been the greatest human being ever to play football, his stats are decent to good on an average team (and I'm being generous over the last four years). Watch the Rams with Clemens and see how they do with an average QB. It's only the fans who are hyper-critical of Bradford, not the Rams.

http://www.nfl.com/player/sambradford/497095/profile

jkjsooner
10/21/2013, 07:44 AM
That was my first regular season NFL game to attend. Ugh! Bradford actually played well other than the first play of the game... He hit guys perfectly in stride on three long passes - one of which was called back for offensive tripping.

swardboy
10/21/2013, 08:04 AM
Sam was headed out of bounds when Mike Mitchell gave him a hard push. I think his foot got caught and hence the crazy injury. He was hitting the long ball like I've never seen, with a drop in the endzone and a penalty keeping him from four td passes.

He impressed the heck out of us coming back from the shoulder injury. He'll hit this recuperation with a vengeance. He's not a read-option threat. If St. Louis will get with player development and get a legitimate WR, they won't lack for a great comeback from Sammy in my opinion. I think that Stacy can be the answer at running back.

Scott D
10/21/2013, 08:06 AM
oh dear god, the Rams are considering bringing Saint Timothy in.

Soonerjeepman
10/21/2013, 08:19 AM
I tore my acl last april hoopin. Schedule to go be back on the court here in Nov. Me being a 49 yr old weekend athlete and I can go back to playing in 8 months....with Sam being young and a pro athlete, he'll be fine.

sooneron
10/21/2013, 08:35 AM
I'm just saying he was on a short leash as it was.

I'm glad that you're in the know with the front office of the Rams.

Before Sunday’s season-ending injury, Bradford was piecing together the best season of his four-year career, on pace for career highs in nearly every passing category and playing better in the Rams’ more balanced offensive approach of the past few weeks.

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/2157/bradfords-injury-creates-long-term-uncertainty

Yep, you're like a genius or something... something...

As recently as three weeks ago, reports surfaced the Rams wanted to do a contract extension with Bradford and had decided he was the guy they wanted under center moving forward.

picasso
10/21/2013, 08:42 AM

Why? Torn ACL's are much more managable these days. Some kneed are even stronger afterwards.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2013, 08:52 AM
I think he was referring to the business side of it more than the injury itself.

badger
10/21/2013, 08:55 AM
Sadly, this seemed to be the make or break year, where the Rams either dug in deeper with Sam as the man, or pursue a potential replacement. With the ACL, they may look to draft a QB in an earlier round :(

kevpks
10/21/2013, 09:17 AM
Sadly, this seemed to be the make or break year, where the Rams either dug in deeper with Sam as the man, or pursue a potential replacement. With the ACL, they may look to draft a QB in an earlier round :(

You're probably right but I don't think an injury like this is enough to break his career in St. Louis. The Rams and Sam showed enough this year to demonstrate that QB is not the problem IMO. They are on the hook for huge money to him through 2015. It makes business and football sense to at least let him come back from injury. Using one of their 1st round picks on a QB would be foolish given their other needs. It might make sense to draft a QB in the later rounds though. I just can't see Fisher wanting to start over at QB.

PrideMom
10/21/2013, 09:26 AM
I have never understood what the Rams were doing when they pay for the top quarterback, and then do not protect him with an awesome offensive line. I have been watching them since Sam was drafted, and finally they get a head coach, Fisher, that seems to get it. The Pros have wasted a fabulous quarterback, because they did not get him the receivers he needed, nor the offensive line. I know Bradford will do everything right to recover, and luckily he isn't a running QB, so maybe the ACL will not damage his career.

rock on sooner
10/21/2013, 09:46 AM
I have never understood what the Rams were doing when they pay for the top quarterback, and then do not protect him with an awesome offensive line. I have been watching them since Sam was drafted, and finally they get a head coach, Fisher, that seems to get it. The Pros have wasted a fabulous quarterback, because they did not get him the receivers he needed, nor the offensive line. I know Bradford will do everything right to recover, and luckily he isn't a running QB, so maybe the ACL will not damage his career.

Excellent points! 50 million dollar QB plus $3.75 front line, with only one
wide out threat (trading Amendola) in Tavon Austin...don't even have decent
protection in the backfield...seems as though the Rams front office has rocks
for brains....

SoonerForLife92
10/21/2013, 10:07 AM
Ugly injury, out for the year. Rams with a salary cap coming and contract ending in 2015... spells trouble for Sam.

How does this spell trouble for sam?? It spells trouble for the rams. It's awesome for Sam because in a few more years he can get out of the ****ty situation in st louis and go somewhere that actually has an oline where his talents can be utilized.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2013, 10:55 AM
I think it depends on where they are draft position wise at the end of the year..Even then, I doubt they go away from Sam at this point with the investment already placed in him.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/21/2013, 11:27 AM
Excellent points! 50 million dollar QB plus $3.75 front line, with only one
wide out threat (trading Amendola) in Tavon Austin...don't even have decent
protection in the backfield...seems as though the Rams front office has rocks
for brains....

Up until the last game, Pettis had been the major receiving threat. Austin drops every other catchable pass thrown at him and don't even bother if it is a "tough catch". It isn't just him either.

The Rams (#3 in drops) and the Patriots (#1 in drops) have the exact same problem right now. They have QBs who don't necessarily go through progressions (like Peyton), but utilize accuracy to throw the ball to a place where only the receiver can catch it. The problem is that their WRs can't catch easy TD passes much less tougher catches. The only guy who seems like he thrives in the situation is Pettis and he just isn't good enough to get any room on a #1 corner.

Aries
10/21/2013, 12:11 PM

Again, it is just fans who say this. The Rams front office have said since the draft last April that it is NOT a make or break year for Sam.

Someone else questioned why the Rams didn't invest in better protection for Sam. They signed Jake Long to a FA contract, they signed Harvey Dahl a year or two ago, they signed Scott Wells a couple of years ago, they spent a 4th round draft pick on Barrett Jones from Alabama.... there is more but that should make the point. It is not that the Rams have done nothing to try and improve the OL, although the effectiveness of what they've done is certainly debatable at times. Injuries have been an issue at times on the OL

badger
10/21/2013, 12:17 PM
Again, it is just fans who say this. The Rams front office have said since the draft last April that it is NOT a make or break year for Sam.

And the USC AD said that Lane Kiffin's job was safe up till they removed him from the team bus and left him at the airport jobless.

Heads roll when a losing team continues to lose. The NFL is not a league where you can lose forever a la MLB. Every team is supposed to make the playoffs every few years and if they don't, coaching staffs get fired. Crazy draft picks are made. Star players are dealt.

I know that it isn't Sam's fault when his o-line can't protect him and his receivers have stone hands for his perfectly thrown passes. I know that he has potential to be a pro bowl, playoff quarterback. Maybe it's just not with the Rams.

PS: $50 million is no longer big quarterback money in the NFL. That'll get you 2.5 years of Joe ****ing Flacco

sooneron
10/21/2013, 12:22 PM
And the USC AD said that Lane Kiffin's job was safe up till they removed him from the team bus and left him at the airport jobless.

So they were looking to extend his contract in the measure of appearing loyal? lol

badger
10/21/2013, 12:29 PM
So they were looking to extend his contract in the measure of appearing loyal? lol

it is funny you say that, because as a resident meltdown thread contributor, USC Internet fans were saying that as Arizona State embarrassed their Trojans more and more.

Internet fans say funny things. In relation to Sam, I remember thinking that if only the Rams kept Mark Clayton around that Sam would have a reliable target. Well, Rams and the rest of the league obviously disagreed :(

Aries
10/21/2013, 12:36 PM

I can't predict the future or what anyone said about Lane Kiffin, but I can tell you what they have said all along, and that question came up during the off-season, and they said it is not a make or break year for Sam.

Salary cap reality in itself says Sam will probably be with the Rams through 2015. And I don't think you'll find one single quote from Jeff Fisher, Les Snead or Kevin Demoff that even suggests they want that to to be different. If you do, it's within the last 24 hours, but I doubt it.

That's all I'm trying to say... speculation that Sam is on a short leash, or it's a make or break year, or anything to that effect does not come from the Rams. They've never suggested anything like that.

badger
10/21/2013, 12:40 PM
Maybe it isn't that Sam is on short leash... maybe instead it's that the Rams will see value in trading him, like the Browns did with Trent. I saw this more as a year where Sam could solidify his position as the present and future of the franchise, not whether he would be a starting NFL quarterback.

Hell, do we need to go over what passes for an NFL starting quarterback these days? Can anyone out there even name who all 32 starters are currently?! No, because half of them SUCK!

Aries
10/21/2013, 12:42 PM
They really can't trade him right now, even if they wanted to.

(and I should have said without regard to the injury)

badger
10/21/2013, 12:51 PM

Yeah true. Although I guess a similar situation to the 49ers last year could happen, where a backup comes in and goes crazy and the team is practically forced to trade the ex-starter... who then can go undefeated with his new franchise...

I LIKE THIS LINE OF THOUGHT! :D

Aries
10/21/2013, 12:53 PM
I don't like that line of thought. I like the line where Sam comes back and wins a Super Bowl with the Rams. :)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/21/2013, 01:04 PM

Sam's cap numbers aren't really that bad for such a big contract. The problem for him is more this huge QB class coming out. The Rams might have 2 top 10 picks depending on how the Redskins finish. I'd use them as trade bait for the QBs but I don't know if the Rams will.

badger
10/21/2013, 01:08 PM
I don't like that line of thought. I like the line where Sam comes back and wins a Super Bowl with the Rams. :)

Oh, a Rams fan eh? Well in THAT case, I think you all need to bring Coach Mustache and VY back together. :P

And Sam can come to the Packers and win us another Super Bowl. Yes, I know we have that other guy. He can be Sam's backup :D

Aries
10/21/2013, 01:14 PM
Oh, now we just lost our only hope at anything resembling a successful season to injury, and you are wishing us ill will to not get him back. That's just mean.

EVEN WORSE you are wishing Vince Young on us??? I can't believe even a Packer's fan would do that.... :)

badger
10/21/2013, 01:15 PM
EVEN WORSE you are wishing Vince Young on us??? I can't believe even a Packer's fan would do that.... :)

I was very upset when we brought him in, but then surprised to see him cut... not sad, but surprised.

Thus, I am not wishing totally bad things on you. If I were to do that, I'd say "SIGN TIM TEBOW!"

Aries
10/21/2013, 01:17 PM
If I were to do that, I'd say "SIGN TIM TEBOW!"

Oh the HUMANITY!!!!

Ruf/Nek7
10/21/2013, 01:32 PM
Holy crap the amount of injuries yesterday and to the people that make a huge difference for their teams!
Sam Bradford- ACL
Doug Martin- Torn Labrum
Reggie Wayne- ACL
Jermichael Finley- Neck
Jay Cutler- Torn muscle in groin
Nick Foles- Concussion
Lance Briggs- Fractured shoulder
Brian Cushing- broken leg and torn LCL

HOLY ****!!!!!

Scott D
10/21/2013, 05:26 PM
for Cushing it's just his annual season ending injury

soonerhubs
10/21/2013, 06:05 PM
Could big Ben talk to the powers-that-be in Pittsburgh about signing him as a back up? ;)

engineer24
10/21/2013, 06:11 PM
Sam gets injured a lot because he cant feel the pressure of people closing in on him. QBs with great peripheral vision and awareness will move just enough to stay out of reach of defensive personnel, regadless of whether they are in the pocket or on the run. Sam just doesnt seem to be able to do this.

olevetonahill
10/21/2013, 06:18 PM
Sam gets injured a lot because he cant feel the pressure of people closing in on him. QBs with great peripheral vision and awareness will move just enough to stay out of reach of defensive personnel, regadless of whether they are in the pocket or on the run. Sam just doesnt seem to be able to do this.

Is it Painful to be this stupid? Did you even see the Play when Sam got injured?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/21/2013, 06:48 PM
Is it Painful to be this stupid? Did you even see the Play when Sam got injured?

heh. I'm like the defensive guy didn't get him so much as that moving carpet he got pushed onto.

olevetonahill
10/21/2013, 07:05 PM
heh. I'm like the defensive guy didn't get him so much as that moving carpet he got pushed onto.

Yea He should have "FELT " that slipping up on him. I swear there be some real winners come here from time to time.

sooneron
10/21/2013, 08:02 PM
for Cushing it's just his annual season ending injury
Does he still have his 'roid boobs or are those gone now?

Blue
10/21/2013, 10:58 PM
I'm glad that you're in the know with the front office of the Rams.

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/2157/bradfords-injury-creates-long-term-uncertainty

Yep, you're like a genius or something... something...

All before said player blew out his knee and pushed his development back another year. let's wait and see, smartass.

swardboy
10/22/2013, 05:08 AM
Why would the surgery be put off until next month? Is there swelling that needs to go down?

Aries
10/22/2013, 07:38 AM
Why would the surgery be put off until next month? Is there swelling that needs to go down?

Yes, they are saying sometime in the next 2-3 weeks, after the swelling subsides.

sooneron
10/22/2013, 07:50 AM
All before said player blew out his knee and pushed his development back another year. let's wait and see, smartass.

Better than a dumb one.

You basically stated that he was on thin ice with the team BEFORE the injury. I refuted. Learn the fundamentals of debate. PLZKTHNX

badger
10/22/2013, 08:21 AM
Could big Ben talk to the powers-that-be in Pittsburgh about signing him as a back up? ;)

oh ho ho you little bastard :P

**** the moving carpet and the ground it moved in on :mad:

He can still make it back for the Texas game!

:( too soon post-RRS

SoonerKnight
10/22/2013, 09:57 AM

You have to ask. LOL! Most of these "new" posters are here to stir things up.

SoonerKnight
10/22/2013, 10:22 AM
I just looked at the video of Sam going down. That safety for Panthers is a real *******. Taunting after a player is hurt and no flag thrown. Yeah. The threw the flag on the RAMs player and all he did was get the guys attention and let him know that he is a ****ing idiot. As far as Sam knowing where the pressure is. That O-line ended the last Ram's QB career and now Sam has a lot of work to do to come back from this injury. The Ram's suck no two ways about it but yeah let's blame the QB cuz that's easy.

soonerhubs
10/22/2013, 05:04 PM
oh ho ho you little bastard :P

**** the moving carpet and the ground it moved in on :mad:

He can still make it back for the Texas game!

:( too soon post-RRS

*Takes a bow.*;)