PDA

View Full Version : OU vs TTU prediction?

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2013, 09:50 PM
What you got?

For some reason I have a good feeling coming this weekend. I don't know why either.

Maybe it's the fact that TTU has struggled in every conference game just like OU? Maybe it's because TTU should have lost to TCU? Idk.

My prediction,

OU 34
TTU 17

8timechamps
10/20/2013, 09:55 PM
I'm pretty confident because:

Tech is one dimensional, which plays into our strength on defense.

It's at home.

Tech is undefeated and ranked 10th, so no fear they don't have our full attention.

Did I mention they are one dimensional?

And I remember the last time Tech brought a highly ranked team to Norman, the crowd wasn't very hospitable...I'm hoping that's the case Saturday.

OU 35
Tech 21

Therealsouthsider
10/20/2013, 10:10 PM
...OU 41 - sand bandits 21

ss

birddog
10/20/2013, 10:11 PM
24 20

Soonerwake
10/20/2013, 10:13 PM
Tech 38 - Us 21

Boooo......

Blue
10/20/2013, 10:17 PM
...OU 41 - sand bandits 21

ss

Exactly what I was going to post so I'll change it up and say 52-27 OU.

Therealsouthsider
10/20/2013, 10:26 PM
Exactly what I was going to post so I'll change it up and say 52-27 OU.

...OUs offense hopefully syncs this week

ss

yermom
10/20/2013, 10:31 PM
no rain delays please

Curly Bill
10/20/2013, 11:06 PM
OU 31

TT 28

JiminyChristmas
10/20/2013, 11:20 PM
I'm pretty confident because:

Tech is one dimensional, which plays into our strength on defense.

It's at home.

Tech is undefeated and ranked 10th, so no fear they don't have our full attention.

Did I mention they are one dimensional?

And I remember the last time Tech brought a highly ranked team to Norman, the crowd wasn't very hospitable...I'm hoping that's the case Saturday.

OU 35
Tech 21

I wish I could say I feel confident as well, but I just can't get there.

Unless we catch lightning in a bottle for a day, I just don't see how we can score 30 points. The offense is still searching for an identity. Unfortunately, that's probably because we aren't running the offense we spent all spring and fall camp installing.

Defensively, I worry that Tech throws the ball well enough that they won't miss the opportunities we've seen opponents miss earlier in the season. Plus, their quick passing game will negate a lot of our pressure on the QB which has been a big part of why our pass defense has been pretty good.

I hope I'm wrong, I just think we are searching on offense and now with injuries, we've lost some of our confidence and swagger on defense. I hope they feel disrespected and prepare and play as well as the jump around game. Never would have guessed that outcome either.

I do think you see some TK zone read package stuff at times that they did not want to show against KU.

rock on sooner
10/21/2013, 06:26 AM
Us one more than them...

olevetonahill
10/21/2013, 06:38 AM
Hellifiknow

sendbaht
10/21/2013, 07:12 AM
we win by 2 TDs

SoonerPride
10/21/2013, 07:42 AM
OU 33
TT 24

SoonerMarkVA
10/21/2013, 07:50 AM
No prediction because I never predict against OU.

sooneron
10/21/2013, 08:38 AM
Paperclips - 30
tortilla flingers - 27

DrZaius
10/21/2013, 08:39 AM
OU 42
TT 10

SoonerStormchaser
10/21/2013, 09:04 AM
38-17 Tech

deweydw
10/21/2013, 09:15 AM
OU - 36
Pirates - 28

PrideMom
10/21/2013, 09:17 AM
West Virginia gave Tech everything they had, and that is not saying much. Tech still has not played anyone, but in this conference, who has? IF (big IF), OU shows up like they did against Notre Dame, OU CAN win. Only a 30 percent chance of rain, but the stadium needs to have more energy than I have seen this year. The music on the jumbotron has been terrible, and the band is lackluster. We really need to CRANK IT UP!!!

OU 27, Tech 21

SoonerOX
10/21/2013, 09:31 AM
35-28 Sooners

sooner_born_1960
10/21/2013, 09:34 AM
No prediction because I never predict against OU.
You just did.

I Am Right
10/21/2013, 10:23 AM
Bell plays whole game throws 3 int's and Stoops says we lost because we didn't convert 3rd downs!

Ruf/Nek7
10/21/2013, 10:28 AM
Bell plays whole game throws 3 int's and Stoops says we lost because we didn't convert 3rd downs!

You Are Wrong----31 OU
23 Titty tech

cvsooner
10/21/2013, 12:23 PM
21-20 us. Tech fails on a two point conversion late in the game and we survive, barely. I'm not sure we can score much more than 20 points against anybody else left in the conference. Unless we get special teams points. But mostly we control the ball and the clock and finally turn around the turnover problem that seems to have cropped up the past couple of weeks.

Mike's D will give up two long pass plays for six...and several big gainers, 'cause that's just the way we're built. I will try not to get too aggravated when it happens.

Soonerjeepman
10/21/2013, 12:48 PM
I don't even want to touch this one. Should OU win...?..yes. I'm hoping that the issue at ku last Sat was alignment which is what was "said"....we'll see.

fadada1
10/21/2013, 12:57 PM
OU - 3 (73 yard field goal)
TT - 2 (sympathy sack given up as time expires)

8timechamps
10/21/2013, 04:38 PM
I wish I could say I feel confident as well, but I just can't get there.

Unless we catch lightning in a bottle for a day, I just don't see how we can score 30 points. The offense is still searching for an identity. Unfortunately, that's probably because we aren't running the offense we spent all spring and fall camp installing.

Defensively, I worry that Tech throws the ball well enough that they won't miss the opportunities we've seen opponents miss earlier in the season. Plus, their quick passing game will negate a lot of our pressure on the QB which has been a big part of why our pass defense has been pretty good.

I hope I'm wrong, I just think we are searching on offense and now with injuries, we've lost some of our confidence and swagger on defense. I hope they feel disrespected and prepare and play as well as the jump around game. Never would have guessed that outcome either.

I do think you see some TK zone read package stuff at times that they did not want to show against KU.

We've scored over 30 in 4 of the seven games we've played, and I just don't see Tech being able to stop the run.

I think you're overestimating how well Tech throws the ball. They do put up yards/points, but they aren't super efficient when passing (ranked 47th in the country).

The only way they win is if they run the ball effectively against us. And so far this year, they have been anemic in that area.

cvsooner
10/21/2013, 05:00 PM
8time, I'm just leery of your confidence after Texas. We'll see, I guess, and it helps that it's in Norman, and the last time Tech was ranked higher than us and we had lost to Texas...well, that worked out okay. We just cannot afford to fall more than seven points behind in the first quarter. We really haven't played anybody with a more-than-adequate passing game--except Texas. And we got smoked on two long passes and it could have been more.

Guess we'll see. I'm thinking every game from here on out is a nailbiter. Maybe even Iowa State. We can win them all...we can also lose them all. I won't be surprised either way.

sooner46
10/21/2013, 05:15 PM
OU 52

TT 21

8timechamps
10/21/2013, 05:29 PM
8time, I'm just leery of your confidence after Texas. We'll see, I guess, and it helps that it's in Norman, and the last time Tech was ranked higher than us and we had lost to Texas...well, that worked out okay. We just cannot afford to fall more than seven points behind in the first quarter. We really haven't played anybody with a more-than-adequate passing game--except Texas. And we got smoked on two long passes and it could have been more.

Guess we'll see. I'm thinking every game from here on out is a nailbiter. Maybe even Iowa State. We can win them all...we can also lose them all. I won't be surprised either way.

Ha, fair enough. However, in my defense, I did mention on a couple of occasions that things seemed "too right" in the week leading up to the game.

This game is completely different. Texas always had the talent to beat us (or at least play us close), they just hadn't done it recently. I'm not entirely convinced our guys gave everything they had either in the week leading up to the game, or in the game itself.

My confidence stems from the KU game. We got down early, and it looked like it could be a bad situation. However, we were able to correct the issues and take care of business. More importantly, I've heard that the players attitude in the locker room after the game was that the performance was "not acceptable". It's one thing for fans to be critical after a win, but when the players are that critical, there's some fire under them.

Texas also had the legitimate threat of running the ball. Tech doesn't have anything near what Texas had. We should be able to stop their run game without committing anyone extra in the box. That will hopefully allow this defense to do what it was designed to do, keep athletes on the field to defend the pass.

One other thing hit me today, and that is the impact Eric Striker will have on this game. There's enough film out there now that Tech knows what he can do. Will they use their NFL tight end to chip/block him, will they keep a back in for protection? They'll have to do something, and that takes one guy out of his route.

I honestly think Tech plays right into the strength of this defense, and what it was installed to do.

cvsooner
10/21/2013, 06:24 PM
Gosh, I hope you're right. It just seems to me we're only a key player here and there from being decent to awful...what happens if Millard goes down? Or Striker?

Hopefully Tech's freshman QB gets the jitters in Norman. It would also help if our DBs and LBs, who seem to regularly get hands on passes, can hang on to the dang ball.

Players being fired up will help a ton. I'm also a bit leery, admittedly, of Tech's record against us...though wins in Norman have been pretty rare. At least we clobbered 'em pretty good there.

So, I'm thinking a one or two point win, so we'll go out and win by 20. I'd prefer that.

webfoot
10/21/2013, 06:25 PM
Pain; I predict pain.

cvsooner
10/21/2013, 06:30 PM
For some reason I thought Tech was giving up 131 yards per game on the ground but I see it's 123...131 is how much they're averaging on offense. Hmmmm...and 10 interceptions in seven games. Seems like we've got some options there. But our pass D has got to be mistake free, or nearly so. There's little margin for error for this particular Sooners squad. We're KSU from last year, only Bell isn't quite as good a runner or passer as Collin Klein.

JKM pointed out when Bell throws a dart he's much better than touch passes. Seems like a valid observation based on the evidence to date. Why Josh keeps having him throw a rainbow to the corner of the end zone is beyond me.

8timechamps
10/21/2013, 06:32 PM
Gosh, I hope you're right. It just seems to me we're only a key player here and there from being decent to awful...what happens if Millard goes down? Or Striker?

Hopefully Tech's freshman QB gets the jitters in Norman. It would also help if our DBs and LBs, who seem to regularly get hands on passes, can hang on to the dang ball.

Players being fired up will help a ton. I'm also a bit leery, admittedly, of Tech's record against us...though wins in Norman have been pretty rare. At least we clobbered 'em pretty good there.

So, I'm thinking a one or two point win, so we'll go out and win by 20. I'd prefer that.

No question we are razor thin at some positions...I hope we're done with the injury bug for the year.

It could be a nail-biter, but I don't think it will be. If the team that went to South Bend shows up, it'll be ugly. If the team that played Texas shows up, it'll be close.

cvsooner
10/21/2013, 06:43 PM
The team that made the trip to South Bend doesn't exist any more, I fear. It's amazing how just a couple of key personnel going out can wreck the whole thing. Kansas was probably a good thing at the right time, allowing us to shake some stuff loose. Hopefully we play better from here on out, and JH gets more creative on playcalling.

8timechamps
10/21/2013, 07:05 PM
The team that made the trip to South Bend doesn't exist any more, I fear. It's amazing how just a couple of key personnel going out can wreck the whole thing. Kansas was probably a good thing at the right time, allowing us to shake some stuff loose. Hopefully we play better from here on out, and JH gets more creative on playcalling.

That's where I differ with you my friend. I think the team that made the trip to South Bend is very close to the same team we have now. Losing Nelson was bigger than I wanted to believe, and losing him right before Texas was rough. I've been really high on Alexander since he was being recruited, but he's still a true freshman, and has made some true freshman mistakes. However, I do believe he is getting better, and he will end up being a very good LB for us.

Losing Phillips was also a blow, but not as big a blow as I think some believe. Again, Jordan Wade is more than capable of doing what needs to be done, and having Peterson back will put us closer to being the defense that made the trip to South Bend.

I'm telling you, the defense is fine. If the pre injury defense was a 100, then I would say the current defense is a 95, and it's only going to improve.

cvsooner
10/21/2013, 07:20 PM
I would put the defense at 85 to 90 percent of what it was, but improving. We're not that far off...though our susceptibility to the big play just confounds and infuriates me. A few of those will just kill you (see: Texas), and special teams is also infuriating at times this season--brilliant for much of the game and then, pop!

Our gameplan has got to be control the clock, control the ball, run effectively, pass successfully enough to keep the Tech defense from just crowding the line of scrimmage, keep the Tech O off the field, quick and solid tackles, get turnovers, and no big plays. And no stupid penalties. Other than that, piece of cake.

:05.18-flustered:

ouduckhunter
10/21/2013, 08:43 PM
OU 39- 28.

EatLeadCommie
10/21/2013, 09:03 PM
38-24 Tech

OU_Sooners75
10/21/2013, 09:23 PM
Well thank god this thread got hijacked!

UteSooner
10/21/2013, 10:04 PM
41-20 OU. Our boys finally put things back together and Tech begins to show their true colors (Frosh QB, etc.). They aren't close to a top 10 team and their back-heavy schedule begins to show it starting Saturday.

SCSoonerfan
10/22/2013, 02:44 PM
OU 17-TT 14

VA Sooner
10/22/2013, 07:57 PM
Not sure what to predict now... that huge dose of optimism by 8timechamps just inflated my sense of what will happen in the game this Saturday...

I think we come out on top but not sure it will be by 52 points (my initial thought after reading 8times' posts)... more like 10-16 points.

8timechamps
10/22/2013, 08:21 PM
Not sure what to predict now... that huge dose of optimism by 8timechamps just inflated my sense of what will happen in the game this Saturday...

I think we come out on top but not sure it will be by 52 points (my initial thought after reading 8times' posts)... more like 10-16 points.

Now I've put the pressure on my self.

I stand by my prediction though.

Position Limit
10/23/2013, 01:22 PM
ou rushes 30 times for 350 yards. passes 96 times for 100 yards and 3 ints. 24-17 ou.

cvsooner
10/23/2013, 01:44 PM
Interesting stat: when OU rushes for over 200 yards under Stoops, we're 59-1, and the 1 should have an asterisk by it, as that was the ClusterDuck in Oregon. So, there's that stat to keep track of.

I'm still saying it's close...21-20 or 20-17, 20-19, something like that.

Position Limit
10/23/2013, 02:49 PM
Interesting stat: when OU rushes for over 200 yards under Stoops, we're 59-1, and the 1 should have an asterisk by it, as that was the ClusterDuck in Oregon. So, there's that stat to keep track of.

I'm still saying it's close...21-20 or 20-17, 20-19, something like that.

that statistic means so very, very little to heupel. what matter is 450 passing yards a game. that and 45 second drives.

pac10SUX
10/24/2013, 09:53 PM
Boomer 23
fight klingleberries 21

Soonerwake
10/24/2013, 10:37 PM
that statistic means so very, very little to heupel. what matter is 450 passing yards a game. that and 45 second drives.

I think that your hatred of Heupel has been quite well documented. Let's move on to the next chapter..

olevetonahill
10/24/2013, 10:55 PM
I think that your hatred of Heupel has been quite well documented. Let's move on to the next chapter..

Josh must have ****ed his Wife/Daughter er sompun.

BoulderSooner79
10/24/2013, 11:40 PM

What games are you watching? Nevermind, I don't care.

FlatLander
10/25/2013, 10:03 AM
OU 31
TT 17

ashley
10/25/2013, 02:32 PM
OU 27
TT 24

thecrimsoncrusader
10/25/2013, 04:26 PM
OU got exposed previously, but it's now 7 games into the season and it's Texas Tech's turn. The pressure mounts on Texas Tech and there is no pressure on OU and the OU players will actually be fired up for this game given Texas Tech's record and ranking and they are also extremely one-dimensional on offense in favor of the pass. OU can defend the pass just as they did last season and OU made Amaro a non-factor last season and will do the same this season with a much faster OU defense. And OU is going to bulldoze Texas Tech's light-weight defensive front for two hundred plus rushing yards:

Oklahoma 38, Texas Tech 21

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2013, 05:23 PM
OU got exposed previously, but it's now 7 games into the season and it's Texas Tech's turn. The pressure mounts on Texas Tech and there is no pressure on OU and the OU players will actually be fired up for this game given Texas Tech's record and ranking and they are also extremely one-dimensional on offense in favor of the pass. OU can defend the pass just as they did last season and OU made Amaro a non-factor last season and will do the same this season with a much faster OU defense. And OU is going to bulldoze Texas Tech's light-weight defensive front for two hundred plus rushing yards:

Oklahoma 38, Texas Tech 21

Yes, OU got exposed, but they ain't been covered-up yet. :black_eyed:

Rogue
10/26/2013, 12:59 PM
overtime

yermom
10/26/2013, 01:37 PM
no rain delays please

!!!

cburgsooner
10/26/2013, 01:50 PM
Per OU Football on Twitter. Kickoff delayed till 345

Okie35
10/26/2013, 02:33 PM
31-27 us

Blue
10/26/2013, 08:14 PM
OU 39- 28.

Spek. Now maybe UCLA can pull the upset and make your night even better.