PDA

View Full Version : The Pride update thread??? Restore the Pride working?

TheHumanAlphabet
10/20/2013, 07:41 PM
Anyone know about what is going on? I saw a post on the Pride Alumni Facebook page that the Restore the Pride efforts were working and that they are having more of an impact than they think... Anyone know whats up and what movements, if any, are happening?

Scott D
10/21/2013, 07:57 AM
Can we hire the Ohio State person who came up with their Michael Jackson tribute? That looked pretty effin' cool.

badger
10/21/2013, 08:54 AM
I know that a lot of media picked up on the billboard, which apparently was set to come down today. I think the "Restore" folks definitely got their money's worth of publicity outta a mere $2800 with that thing.

They were already dialing back beginning at the TCU game, where suddenly the old run-on popped in after the initial new stuff. The old interlocking OU is back, etc. etc.

I'd say that alumni have been heard on this matter. Alas, I hate to admit that I kind of enjoyed the way the O and U came together at the end, even if it looked a bit iffy at the first game. The tuba dancing stuff at the initial drum cadence? That looked like something that (at least the ones I remember) would have loved to do for the attention and the fun. Hell, they're tubas. Everything they do is for attention and fun.

Ah well. Hope it works out for them all and they enjoy the rest of the season.

SoonerStormchaser
10/21/2013, 09:06 AM
FIRE BRIAN BRITT