could be me.

olevetonahill
10/20/2013, 04:06 PM
Somebody's out of their mind.

could be me.

Whats this"Could be" ?

SoonerorLater
10/20/2013, 04:19 PM
Seriously? I'm thinking about cashing out the 401k, taking out a second mortgage and cash advancing every credit card I can find and heading to Vegas.

SoonerMarkVA
10/20/2013, 04:23 PM
Uh, OK. Not touching this one.

soonercastor
10/20/2013, 04:51 PM
Seriously? I'm thinking about cashing out the 401k, taking out a second mortgage and cash advancing every credit card I can find and heading to Vegas.

By betting on tech?

gl

SoonerForLife92
10/20/2013, 05:55 PM
Tech has gotten the better of us at home recently. However please remind me what happened last time they came to town with a higher ranking than us.

SoonerorLater
10/20/2013, 06:08 PM
By betting on tech?

gl

Yes. I know TT may not be world beaters but how could we be a TD favorite over any undefeated team at this point of the season? We just struggled to win against the worst team in the conference and had to get safeties and trick plays to do it.

Ruf/Nek7
10/20/2013, 06:26 PM
Tech has gotten the better of us at home recently. However please remind me what happened last time they came to town with a higher ranking than us.

I am still jumping around.

8timechamps
10/20/2013, 06:32 PM
Good grief, really?

Tech is undefeated, great. Who have they beaten? They beat TCU by 10 in a game full of absolutely horrible calls. They beat mighty WVU and don't forget Stephen F Austin and Texas State.

Tech has no run game, none.

One loss to Texas, and some of you are standing on the cliff.

yermom
10/20/2013, 06:47 PM
Vegas doesn't think anyone will bet on them otherwise

SoonerorLater
10/20/2013, 07:26 PM
Good grief, really?

Tech is undefeated, great. Who have they beaten? They beat TCU by 10 in a game full of absolutely horrible calls. They beat mighty WVU and don't forget Stephen F Austin and Texas State.

Tech has no run game, none.

One loss to Texas, and some of you are standing on the cliff.

The way I look at it is who have we beaten? We have one victory over a team with a winning record. We struggled against what most likely will end up being the two worst teams in the conference. There is nothing dynamic about our offense, the worst since I would say 2005. The defense has started showing cracks. There just isn't anything I see that would indicate being a touchdown favorite. I think the line will start drifting.

SoonerPride
10/20/2013, 07:27 PM
We cover.

SoonerForLife92
10/20/2013, 07:30 PM
The way I look at it is who have we beaten? We have one victory over a team with a winning record. We struggled against what most likely will end up being the two worst teams in the conference. There is nothing dynamic about our offense, the worst since I would say 2005. The defense has started showing cracks. There just isn't anything I see that would indicate being a touchdown favorite. I think the line will start drifting.

We still won in south bend which is a much better accomplishment than anyone they've beaten. We have the NUMBER 1 pass defense, number 9 overall defense.... Jesus i would of hated to see what this forum would have been like back in the 90s.

8timechamps
10/20/2013, 07:33 PM
We still won in south bend which is a much better accomplishment than anyone they've beaten. We have the NUMBER 1 pass defense, number 9 overall defense.... Jesus i would of hated to see what this forum would have been like back in the 90s.

I just posted the stats (through week 7), and they look exactly like what I expected. We're still the best overall defense in the conference. Baylor's defense is up there too, but no question we've played better competition.

The defense is fine. Maybe not a solid as it was with Nelson/Phillips, but it's fine.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/20/2013, 07:33 PM
I never do 2 things bet for the Sooners and bet against the Sooners... But looking at the last three weeks play, I might just bet the house against OU... Vegas is on drugs.

Then again, maybe they know something none of us on this boards knows...

yermom
10/20/2013, 08:34 PM

2009 was pretty terrible

8timechamps
10/20/2013, 09:38 PM

Are you really saying Tech has played a more difficult schedule? Please. Tech is notorious for having THE WORST out of conference schedule year in, and year out. As for their conference schedule so far, they've struggled to beat WVU and Iowa State. Iowa State will be the worst team in the conference, no question. They did beat TCU, but anyone that watched the game knows that TCU got hosed by officiating. I'm not saying Tech was given that game, but the margin of victory (10 points) is not indicative of how the game really went.

I'm not saying Tech is a bad team, because I don't think they are. But, they are not some behemoth that we'll be lucky to survive.

Our defense is not showing cracks. We are missing two starters. It takes some time to regain momentum when that happens, but we are basically the same defense we were against TCU. It's just surprising that after the Texas loss, people think the defense is somehow a sham. Go back and re-watch the last 3 quarters of the KU game, then come back and tell me where the cracks are. I know it was KU, but the defense was just about a dominate as they could be.

Tech has no run game, and Mike installed the 3-3-5 specifically to combat spread passing teams, like Tech.

As for you assertion that this is the worst defense since 2009. The stats would prove otherwise. That's a crazy statement.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/21/2013, 11:42 AM
Should be 17.

Boomer.....
10/21/2013, 11:48 AM
The line definitely has me puzzled, but it's good for us. I don't think Tech has really been tested and they are more than likely fools gold. We'll see.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/21/2013, 11:48 AM
Are you really saying Tech has played a more difficult schedule? Please. Tech is notorious for having THE WORST out of conference schedule year in, and year out. As for their conference schedule so far, they've struggled to beat WVU and Iowa State. Iowa State will be the worst team in the conference, no question. They did beat TCU, but anyone that watched the game knows that TCU got hosed by officiating. I'm not saying Tech was given that game, but the margin of victory (10 points) is not indicative of how the game really went.

I'm not saying Tech is a bad team, because I don't think they are. But, they are not some behemoth that we'll be lucky to survive.

Our defense is not showing cracks. We are missing two starters. It takes some time to regain momentum when that happens, but we are basically the same defense we were against TCU. It's just surprising that after the Texas loss, people think the defense is somehow a sham. Go back and re-watch the last 3 quarters of the KU game, then come back and tell me where the cracks are. I know it was KU, but the defense was just about a dominate as they could be.

Tech has no run game, and Mike installed the 3-3-5 specifically to combat spread passing teams, like Tech.

As for you assertion that this is the worst defense since 2009. The stats would prove otherwise. That's a crazy statement.

Agreed. This is OU's best defense since the 2009 season and the most points the defense itself has given up all season was 24 points against Texas and the Sooner offense did the Sooner defense no favors in that game.

And I think the defense can improve after some adjustment and dealing with the reality that Phillips and Nelson are gone for the season. OU had the same problem in 2008 when Reynolds was lost and it took OU a couple of games, but then the late Austin Box started playing really well before he was then unfortunately injured on the cheap shot in the Oklahoma St. game.

And before the injuries to Phillips and Nelson, this defense was actually better than the 2009 group due to the defensive backfield play that kind of suffered under Brent Venables watch.

OU handled Texas Tech last season with Seth Doege (his worst game of the season) and while Webb of Texas Tech has a lot of promise, he's still a true freshman that's more than likely going to make some big mistakes given the number of different looks that Mike Stoops and co. will show him.

SoonerorLater
10/21/2013, 12:38 PM

I don't think anywhere did I say this is the worst defense since 2009. I guess we will find out Saturday.

PLaw
10/21/2013, 02:08 PM
I look for this line to move a lot by Saturady. It may be one of those rare opportunities to bet in between the points.

Boomer

8timechamps
10/21/2013, 04:32 PM
I don't think anywhere did I say this is the worst defense since 2009. I guess we will find out Saturday.

You're right, I misread your post. I can't really argue about the offense.

I do think folks will be pleasantly surprised by how our defense plays Saturday.

cvsooner
10/21/2013, 04:34 PM
If this season has shown anything, it's that if you're a gambler, take the spread. I think you'd have made a lot of money by now. I see this weekend no different. I'm figuring we'll have a hard time beating Tech by a TD.

PrideMom
10/22/2013, 09:52 AM
ANY win is a good win!! I don't care if it is by one point or 40, just win, baby!