PDA

View Full Version : We are going to lose to OSU and KSU for sure; possibly Baylor as well

engineer24
10/19/2013, 08:37 PM
I think it is obvious by now that our defense has no way to counter a power running game.

OSU and KSU know this, they are going to pound us all day long, and we wont be able to do a thing about it.

We might be able to beat Baylor, simply because Baylor's rushing D is pretty terrible and I think we'll have a good shot to keep their offense off the field. But KSU and OSU have the horses up front to limit our rushing attack, and obviously Bell cant throw anything downfield at all.

olevetonahill
10/19/2013, 08:42 PM
Oh look another
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWzjDyG0aHsiQyXSU-7leJmK8mcSfSEMYjWaO-uf1XElVcXokrAw

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/19/2013, 08:51 PM
I think it is obvious by now that our defense has no way to counter a power running game.

OSU and KSU know this, they are going to pound us all day long, and we wont be able to do a thing about it.

We might be able to beat Baylor, simply because Baylor's rushing D is pretty terrible and I think we'll have a good shot to keep their offense off the field. But KSU and OSU have the horses up front to limit our rushing attack, and obviously Bell cant throw anything downfield at all.

Er, what's your accurate prediction percentage? :highly_amused:

I never thought this was the year, because our QB play hasnt been good enough to sniff a title or much less a Big 12 championship.

However, I thought our defense would be elite and it turns out that it is not. They got absolutely dominated by Texas yesterday. Texas played conservative, they coulda put up another 20 points if they wanted.

I'd rate our defense as a B- (thought it was an A earlier in the season) and our offense as a D+ at best.

rock on sooner
10/19/2013, 08:54 PM
Welp, I'm more worried about Baylor and Tech than the Pokes...
Baylor, especially....

Soonerus
10/19/2013, 08:56 PM
Not so fast, my friend...

olevetonahill
10/19/2013, 08:56 PM
Er, what's your accurate prediction percentage? :highly_amused:

Heh, The Boy should be glad Phil shut down my Travel agency :friendly_wink:

Welp, I'm more worried about Baylor and Tech than the Pokes...
Baylor, especially....

Hell Rock Im worried about every game we have left. Im just not gonna toss in the towel yet on any of em.

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2013, 09:03 PM
I'm amused you "definitely" think OU will lose to one of the worst teams in the Big XII but you may only "possibly" lose to what will be a Top-10 and possibly Top-5 team by this time tomorrow.

Soonerus
10/19/2013, 09:06 PM
Top 5 ??? Get serious...

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2013, 09:10 PM
Top 5 ??? Get serious...

We're 12th....have you seen how many teams above us lost today? It's a possibility.

olevetonahill
10/19/2013, 09:12 PM
We're 12th....have you seen how many teams above us lost today? It's a possibility.

Ya know little Bro, You are starting to sound alot like some of our Aggie posters.

Soonerus
10/19/2013, 09:13 PM
I have not run down the top 10 but I hope Baylor is as high as possible. Incredible offense...

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2013, 09:15 PM
Ya know little Bro, You are starting to sound alot like some of our Aggie posters.

I don't know what this means....We're #12 and a lot of teams above us lost. I'm speculating what our ranking may be after today and stated that Top 5 is a possibility considering everyone who lost. I don't know what is "Aggie" about that. An "Aggie" statement would be if we're ranked #25 and I'm arguing the voters should have us at #1. That's Aggie.

Flagstaffsooner
10/19/2013, 09:16 PM

The little snot is getting too big for his britches.:friendly_wink:

Soonerus
10/19/2013, 09:16 PM
There have been so many loseses this weekend I am scared OU may rise too much...

olevetonahill
10/19/2013, 09:22 PM
I don't know what this means....We're #12 and a lot of teams above us lost. I'm speculating what our ranking may be after today and stated that Top 5 is a possibility considering everyone who lost. I don't know what is "Aggie" about that. An "Aggie" statement would be if we're ranked #25 and I'm arguing the voters should have us at #1. That's Aggie.

The little snot is getting too big for his britches.:friendly_wink:

Pretty much Flag Pretty much
Sic Im talking about how you keep blowing an goin about how Great Baylor is. Sure Yall have had a couple Good years but that dont Make yall a Football dynasty.

Lets see this kinda of out put year after year for the next 10 er so then we can say Yall have GOT IT.

BigTip
10/19/2013, 09:25 PM
There have been so many loseses this weekend I am scared OU may rise too much...

Damnit! I hate having hope for success.

To the original poster, I am more worried about Baylor than anybody, and I have several worries about the remaining schedule.

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2013, 09:28 PM
Pretty much Flag Pretty much
Sic Im talking about how you keep blowing an goin about how Great Baylor is. Sure Yall have had a couple Good years but that dont Make yall a Football dynasty.

Lets see this kinda of out put year after year for the next 10 er so then we can say Yall have GOT IT.

I actually don't keep blowing on about how good Baylor is. I'm responding to a thread someone else started. I actually haven't said a whole lot about it.

olevetonahill
10/19/2013, 09:34 PM
I actually don't keep blowing on about how good Baylor is. I'm responding to a thread someone else started. I actually haven't said a whole lot about it.

Dint say you STARTED threads. Said you keep on Braggin, Go back and read the stuff youve posted the last few weeks Here and on FB.

soonerfan69
10/19/2013, 09:42 PM
Your just a little ray of sunshine aren't you

Temujin
10/19/2013, 09:46 PM
Dint say you STARTED threads. Said you keep on Braggin, Go back and read the stuff youve posted the last few weeks Here and on FB.

Well, you can't really blame him for being happy about the way his team is playing. They look very good so far this year. And technically Aggie is more like this: saying that "we're going to beat the hell outta OU" and when they lose, "god we suck, but at least we ain't gooners!"

SoCalBigRed
10/19/2013, 09:52 PM
Guess I don't have to waste my Saturday afternoons on those days.

Thanks for the heads up. :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2013, 09:52 PM
Well, Vet, as far as facebook is concerned....that's my private page. As far as what I say about Baylor, it isn't the least bit different than what everyone says about their team when they're good including OU fans. This is kind of a bull**** thing to say.

As far as here goes, I don't do a lot of bragging except to comment on what others say....I don't see what that's objectionable.

Soonerus
10/19/2013, 10:05 PM
Baylor looks like the team to try to beat...

Plexis22
10/19/2013, 10:11 PM
OU has undefeated Top 15 Tech and Top 10 Baylor (that will likely be undefeated and Top 5) over the next three weeks. We get a week and a half before the Thurs night game at Baylor. I hope we don't lay a big egg on national TV.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/19/2013, 10:17 PM
I have not run down the top 10 but I hope Baylor is as high as possible. Incredible offense...

With a totally craptastic OOC schedule! No way they are top 5.

Soonerus
10/19/2013, 10:19 PM

Who cares...

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/19/2013, 10:25 PM
OU has undefeated Top 15 Tech and Top 10 Baylor (that will likely be undefeated and Top 5) over the next three weeks. We get a week and a half before the Thurs night game at Baylor. I hope we don't lay another big egg on national TV.

FIFY

Scott D
10/19/2013, 11:07 PM
let him enjoy Baylor's dream season. Briles will be in Los Angeles this time next year ;)

olevetonahill
10/20/2013, 12:18 AM
Well, Vet, as far as facebook is concerned....that's my private page. As far as what I say about Baylor, it isn't the least bit different than what everyone says about their team when they're good including OU fans. This is kind of a bull**** thing to say.

As far as here goes, I don't do a lot of bragging except to comment on what others say....I don't see what that's objectionable.

Ok whatever you say sister. Evidently you and that other feller missed my point so Ill STFU for now,:black_eyed:

let him enjoy Baylor's dream season. Briles will be in Los Angeles this time next year ;)

Heh

BlownGP
10/20/2013, 12:53 AM
OU has undefeated Top 15 Tech and Top 10 Baylor (that will likely be undefeated and Top 5) over the next three weeks. We get a week and a half before the Thurs night game at Baylor. I hope we don't lay a big egg on national TV.

I just noticed this. They get a week and a half off too.......So that might not be a advantage after all..

TheHumanAlphabet
10/20/2013, 01:06 AM
LA, i figured Austin...

Salt City Sooner
10/20/2013, 02:14 AM

Kinda like having UTEP, Rice, & Arky State?

Okie35
10/20/2013, 05:09 AM
Baylor looks like the team to try to beat...

This and I didn't know the Baylor game was on a Thursday. That's weird then, the bye will help tremendously after the Baylor game. Playing on Thursday is kind of a bye afterwards too.

soonercastor
10/20/2013, 11:35 AM
"Possibly" Baylor?

Lulz

bluedogok
10/20/2013, 11:49 AM
I doubt Briles ever leaves the State of Texas and I don't think he goes to UT either.

SicEmBaylor
10/20/2013, 03:38 PM
I doubt Briles ever leaves the State of Texas and I don't think he goes to UT either.

He'll never ever leave Texas. I don't think he'll take the UT job (even if offered), but there is at least a possibility of that. The likelihood of him leaving for a non-Texas job is somewhere around the possibility of me becoming an Abe Lincoln impersonator.

olevetonahill
10/20/2013, 03:44 PM
He'll never ever leave Texas. I don't think he'll take the UT job (even if offered), but there is at least a possibility of that. The likelihood of him leaving for a non-Texas job is somewhere around the possibility of me becoming an Abe Lincoln impersonator.

Sic, I honestly dont know much about him, Why would he NOT leave texas?

thecrimsoncrusader
10/20/2013, 04:04 PM
Briles hates UT and not even 10 million a year for 10 years would change that. Briles will retire at Baylor.

bluedogok
10/20/2013, 05:32 PM
Sic, I honestly dont know much about him, Why would he NOT leave texas?

Briles hates UT and not even 10 million a year for 10 years would change that. Briles will retire at Baylor.
He is a Texas boy with deep roots who came up through the high school ranks and is very respected by the high school coaches in Texas. He also came up as an assistant at Tech and HC at Houston.

There is no doubt that Texas will make some back channel contact with him about the job, I don't think they make a public push for him because of the fear of someone actually turning down the self proclaimed "greatest job in football". Based on what some people who know him (including some UT people) have said they don't think he has the desire to coach at a big time program and really doesn't want to deal with everything (the crap) that the HC at a place like Texas would require of its HC. He likes the situation and people at Baylor and the lack of unrealistic expectations to play for a national championship every year that a place like Texas or A&M offers. He will have a nice, new stadium, players he recruited for his system, an administration and boosters that he likes and expectations that are manageable. He stays at Baylor for less money than he could get at UT, he is no Saban when it comes to that aspect but then Saban came up around college and pro football, not Texas high school football like Briles.

8timechamps
10/20/2013, 06:33 PM
Baylor is the only team remaining on our schedule that I fear. KSU and OSU, really?

SicEmBaylor
10/20/2013, 06:41 PM
Baylor is the only team remaining on our schedule that I fear. KSU and OSU, really?

Never ever underestimate KSU regardless of their record. That old coot can f'n coach and gameplan like nothing I've seen. If he can find a way to beat you -- he will.

As for OSU...I thought their offense was overrated before the season even started. I may eat those words later this year, but I wasn't overly impressed with them.

I expected us to lose two games this season. I figured OSU and OU would be losses. I'm far more confident now than before the season started. We have the #11 defense in the country which, despite our competition, is considerably better than what I had hoped for.

8timechamps
10/20/2013, 06:45 PM
Never ever underestimate KSU regardless of their record. That old coot can f'n coach and gameplan like nothing I've seen. If he can find a way to beat you -- he will.

As for OSU...I thought their offense was overrated before the season even started. I may eat those words later this year, but I wasn't overly impressed with them.

I expected us to lose two games this season. I figured OSU and OU would be losses. I'm far more confident now than before the season started. We have the #11 defense in the country which, despite our competition, is considerably better than what I had hoped for.

I haven't been worried about KSU since the middle of the summer. I know Snyder can coach, but our strength plays into their weakness. The only concern I had was that we would be overlooking them, I'm not worried about that now.

OSU is what OSU has been, a decent team, but not a great one.

Baylor could easily win out, but with OU and Texas still on the schedule, you never know. Texas showed some signs of life, but will it last? I like that we have a bye week before the Baylor game, but I think you guys do too.

SicEmBaylor
10/20/2013, 06:55 PM
I haven't been worried about KSU since the middle of the summer. I know Snyder can coach, but our strength plays into their weakness. The only concern I had was that we would be overlooking them, I'm not worried about that now.

Baylor could easily win out, but with OU and Texas still on the schedule, you never know. Texas showed some signs of life, but will it last? I like that we have a bye week before the Baylor game, but I think you guys do too.

I'm less worried about Texas only because of how big a deal that game is going to be....throwback uniforms, soldout stadium months ago, the last game at Floyd Casey, our play at home over the last few seasons....etc. etc. etc. It's going to be a huge f'n deal.

Curly Bill
10/20/2013, 08:08 PM

What are we?

8timechamps
10/20/2013, 08:14 PM
What are we?

A good team, but not a great one.

Curly Bill
10/20/2013, 08:20 PM
A good team, but not a great one.

So...if we aren't a great team, and OSU isn't a great team, why are you so sure we beat them?

8timechamps
10/20/2013, 09:49 PM
So...if we aren't a great team, and OSU isn't a great team, why are you so sure we beat them?

I'm never "sure" we'll beat anyone, but based on what I've seen, I think OU is better than OSU.

What has changed since the Notre Dame game? On defense, we've lost a couple of starters, so there is some reason for pause (although I don't think we'll suddenly become terrible because of that). This team went to South Bend and beat a pretty good ND team. I just don't think there is anyone left of the schedule (save maybe Baylor) that is any better than ND.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/21/2013, 09:52 AM
I'm less worried about Texas only because of how big a deal that game is going to be....throwback uniforms, soldout stadium months ago, the last game at Floyd Casey, our play at home over the last few seasons....etc. etc. etc. It's going to be a huge f'n deal.

Throwback uniforms? Hopefully you don't have a throwback football team. The final game at Floyd Casey should be celebrated properly with thousands of empty seats.

picasso
10/21/2013, 10:34 AM
Baylor would be even scarier if that Mulkey was playing LB.

Mjcpr
10/21/2013, 10:37 AM

And Brian Griner at TE.

PrideMom
10/21/2013, 10:43 AM
OSU is difficult at Stillwter, but they are not very good. They have a decent running back, that's about it. OSU defense looks better, but then I am waiting to see them PLAY somebody......

Baylor is a different story, KSU almost beat them, so maybe OU better take a good look what was working for them....KSU is not very good, no QB like last year. This conference is such a disappointment........

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2013, 03:38 PM
Throwback uniforms? Hopefully you don't have a throwback football team. The final game at Floyd Casey should be celebrated properly with thousands of empty seats.
It was sold out months ago. Saturday's game was sold out. We're averaging (I believe) around 43k this season. That's near capacity every game. The OU game is also almost sold out.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2013, 03:39 PM
Mulkey is tiny but ferocious. There was a time when I legitimately wanted her to coach the team. That was back in the olden days.

8timechamps
10/21/2013, 04:27 PM
OSU is difficult at Stillwter, but they are not very good. They have a decent running back, that's about it. OSU defense looks better, but then I am waiting to see them PLAY somebody......

Baylor is a different story, KSU almost beat them, so maybe OU better take a good look what was working for them....KSU is not very good, no QB like last year. This conference is such a disappointment........

I pretty much agree with your thinking.

I'm not disappointed in the conference though, I expected it to be down this year. Considering how many teams came into the year with a new QB.

Breadburner
10/21/2013, 04:56 PM
I'm concerned with our ****ty special teams play....!!!

Mjcpr
10/21/2013, 05:05 PM

I haven't understood that 3 man in front of the punter alignment since they started doing it. Every time it looks like somebody is just inches away from getting a block. I figured if it was the better fundamental alignment then all of the pro teams would be doing it but they don't.

8timechamps
10/21/2013, 05:13 PM

What's a little surprising is that in previous years, the fans cried for Stoops to hire a special teams coach, then he does, and they aren't playing great this year.

8timechamps
10/21/2013, 05:16 PM
I haven't understood that 3 man in front of the punter alignment since they started doing it. Every time it looks like somebody is just inches away from getting a block. I figured if it was the better fundamental alignment then all of the pro teams would be doing it but they don't.

Against KU, it would have been fine, except one of the front guys took off and left his man running free (I think it was Londell Taylor, but I'm not sure). Then, Barnett, for some reason, goes to the side of his protection, and gets blocked.

I remember when the 3 man package first started being used in college football, I think Virginia Tech stared it. Then, within a year, just about everyone in the country was using it.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/21/2013, 05:20 PM
There is a reason no NFL teams use it.

Mjcpr
10/21/2013, 05:37 PM
There is a reason no NFL teams use it.

That's what I was thinking.

engineer24
10/21/2013, 06:08 PM
You guys need to quit looking at records and stats and start looking at matchups.

OSU and KSU are worse matchups for OU than Baylor is.

Reason: OSU and KSU have semi-competent run defenses. Baylor cant stop anybody on the ground.

Dont get me wrong, I think there's a good chance we lose to Baylor too, but I put the higher odds on a loss vs KSU/OSU because we dont match up well with them. They both have very strong power running games (our weakness) and they both have good rushing defenses (our weakness). Baylor has a kick *** passing attack and a good rushing offense but their defense's weakness does not match up well against OU.

OU matches up pretty well with Texas Tech because like always they refuse to run the ball (which is by far our greatest weakness). If Kingsbury gets smart and stops throwing the ball 70% of the time then Texas Tech also has a good chance to beat OU.

Dont tell me about Notre Dame or other opponents when we were at full strength and before opposing coordinators saw the secret sauce which proved to be our Achilles heel, the same Achilles heel that TCU tried to pull off but didnt have the horses to do so, but Texas did manage to pull off and thoroughly kicked our asses in the process.

cvsooner
10/21/2013, 06:21 PM
Against KU, it would have been fine, except one of the front guys took off and left his man running free (I think it was Londell Taylor, but I'm not sure). Then, Barnett, for some reason, goes to the side of his protection, and gets blocked.

I remember when the 3 man package first started being used in college football, I think Virginia Tech stared it. Then, within a year, just about everyone in the country was using it.

This article explains the whys and hows of using the shield formation as opposed to the spread. It's to allow you to use your six or seven fastest sure tacklers on the field, while still allowing the punter to get the kick off. It's basically giving you two lines, is what it boils down to...but the back three really have to know their assignments.

http://fastandfuriousfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/coachingmaterial2/RutgersUniversityShieldPunt.pdf

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2013, 06:24 PM
Reason: OSU and KSU have semi-competent run defenses. Baylor cant stop anybody on the ground.
This blows my mind. You know our rush defense is rated higher than either KSU or OSU, right? Hell, our rush defense is rated higher than your rush defense. We have the #11 ranked defense in the nation. I'm far less worried about our defense now than earlier in the year especially considering OU's very lackluster offense.

Having said all of that, I chalk the KSU results up to a few factors. 1)We don't typically play well in away games. OU is not an away game. 2)KSU is always very crafty regardless of their win/loss total. 3)They were out for blood since we obliterated them last and destroyed their #1 ranking. 4)It was our first road game of the year. None of those issues will be true of the OU game.

Dont get me wrong, I think there's a good chance we lose to Baylor too, but I put the higher odds on a loss vs KSU/OSU because we dont match up well with them. They both have very strong power running games (our weakness) and they both have good rushing defenses (our weakness). Baylor has a kick *** passing attack and a good rushing offense but their defense's weakness does not match up well against OU.
lolz. I'm not necessarily saying we'll beat OU, but most of what you said is factually absurd.

Dont tell me about Notre Dame or other opponents when we were at full strength and before opposing coordinators saw the secret sauce which proved to be our Achilles heel, the same Achilles heel that TCU tried to pull off but didnt have the horses to do so, but Texas did manage to pull off and thoroughly kicked our asses in the process.
Fortunately, so do we.

cvsooner
10/21/2013, 06:39 PM
Yeah, well, you've pretty well thumped Wofford, Buffalo, ULM, West Virginia, Kansas State, Iowa State and you're about to thump Kansas. They're a combined 20-25, and Wofford has the best record. Closest game was against KSU, who lost to North Dakota State.

Granted, you've beaten them in very impressive fashion, but you haven't exactly played sterling opponents. You did beat ULM and WVU by more than we did, obviously, but those were our first two games, and things have changed since then.

Guess we'll see. First we have to play Tech.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2013, 06:44 PM
Yeah, well, you've pretty well thumped Wofford, Buffalo, ULM, West Virginia, Kansas State, Iowa State and you're about to thump Kansas. They're a combined 20-25, and Wofford has the best record. Closest game was against KSU, who lost to North Dakota State.

Granted, you've beaten them in very impressive fashion, but you haven't exactly played sterling opponents. You did beat ULM and WVU by more than we did, obviously, but those were our first two games, and things have changed since then.

Guess we'll see. First we have to play Tech.

If we're going to play that game then I'd reference our common opponents and the comparative scores between Baylor and OU in those games. Also, if you're going to make the argument our defense hasn't faced a real challenge then I'd make the same claim for OU based on the offensive opposition you've faced.

Look, OU may very well have success against our rush defense. I'm not saying they won't. But, OU's offense isn't exactly putting up gaudy numbers and our defense is nowhere near as bad as everyone seems to want to believe that it is. That's all I'm saying. We won't really know until the 7th.

olevetonahill
10/21/2013, 06:49 PM
If we're going to play that game then I'd reference our common opponents and the comparative scores between Baylor and OU in those games. Also, if you're going to make the argument our defense hasn't faced a real challenge then I'd make the same claim for OU based on the offensive opposition you've faced.

Look, OU may very well have success against our rush defense. I'm not saying they won't. But, OU's offense isn't exactly putting up gaudy numbers and our defense is nowhere near as bad as everyone seems to want to believe that it is. That's all I'm saying. We won't really know until the 7th.

Im agreeing with you Sic. (See I dont always Pick on ya LOL)

We aint zackly been setting the ****in world on fire with our Mighty opponents.

8timechamps
10/21/2013, 06:58 PM
You guys need to quit looking at records and stats and start looking at matchups.

OSU and KSU are worse matchups for OU than Baylor is.

Huh? KSU's run defense is NOT good, at all. So, that's wrong. Secondly, "Baylor can't stop anybody on the ground", what? Do you realize that Baylor hasn't played their starting defense past half-time, with the exception of KSU? Also, does it matter if you can't stop the run (which I think they can/do) if you're scoring 70 points?

I think OSU's defense is suspect, but I'll agree that they have a solid run defense. But, you lost me with the KSU and Baylor comment.

OU matches up pretty well with Texas Tech because like always they refuse to run the ball (which is by far our greatest weakness). If Kingsbury gets smart and stops throwing the ball 70% of the time then Texas Tech also has a good chance to beat OU.

So, the Notre Dame game doesn't count? We didn't really win that game. And TCU, the same TCU that kept OSU to pretty much the same thing they kept us to, that doesn't matter either? What is the "secret sauce" that is our Achilles? I'm not following your logic.

olevetonahill
10/21/2013, 07:04 PM
Huh? KSU's run defense is NOT good, at all. So, that's wrong. Secondly, "Baylor can't stop anybody on the ground", what? Do you realize that Baylor hasn't played their starting defense past half-time, with the exception of KSU? Also, does it matter if you can't stop the run (which I think they can/do) if you're scoring 70 points?

I think OSU's defense is suspect, but I'll agree that they have a solid run defense. But, you lost me with the KSU and Baylor comment.

So, the Notre Dame game doesn't count? We didn't really win that game. And TCU, the same TCU that kept OSU to pretty much the same thing they kept us to, that doesn't matter either? What is the "secret sauce" that is our Achilles? I'm not following your logic.

Bro, This dude is whack

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2013, 07:04 PM

One critical issue you forgot to mention is that the last time OU played in Waco, I conjured up some serious mamba jamba with the "Prepare Your Anus" thread: http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?162664-Prepare-Your-Anus

:D No such thread this year though. I'm going to stay quiet and let the football Gods bless the most worthy.

8timechamps
10/21/2013, 07:08 PM
One critical issue you forgot to mention is that the last time OU played in Waco, I conjured up some serious mamba jamba with the "Prepare Your Anus" thread: http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?162664-Prepare-Your-Anus

:D No such thread this year though. I'm going to stay quiet and let the football Gods bless the most worthy.

See, I HATE pumping up Baylor...but, it's hard to see them as anything but a good team. So, it's not so much "pumping them up", as it is respect.

Just wait until I start this year's "Prepare your anus" thread. Reverse Mojo!

(What's funny about that thread, was that nobody thought Baylor stood much of a chance that year).

cvsooner
10/21/2013, 07:13 PM

Hey, all I pointed out is we played ULM and WVU before you did. We gave you film to see what to do and softened 'em up. That's all I'm saying. You're welcome.

cvsooner
10/21/2013, 07:16 PM
Considering how many yards y'all gave up on the ground to KSU, stopping the run isn't exactly your strongest point. Well, Tech first, and then on to Baylor and the navel of Texas...Waco.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2013, 07:29 PM
Considering how many yards y'all gave up on the ground to KSU, stopping the run isn't exactly your strongest point. Well, Tech first, and then on to Baylor and the navel of Texas...Waco.

We gave up 25 points in Manhattan where we have never won and we never play well in road games. I'll take 25 points under those conditions so long as we have at least 26.

cvsooner
10/21/2013, 07:40 PM
Great. We pick this year to have to play you in Waco. Swell.

SicEmBaylor
10/21/2013, 07:48 PM
Great. We pick this year to have to play you in Waco. Swell.
I agree...I was actually hoping to play OU at Baylor Stadium's inaugural season.

Peeb
10/21/2013, 10:52 PM
OSU is difficult at Stillwter, AGREE
but they are not very good. DISAGREE
They have a decent running back, that's about it. DISAGREE
OSU defense looks better, AGREE

We aren't great, but we're pretty good at times - especially at home. Our running game is a profound disappointment this season, to date. Don't overlook Josh Stewart if you are evaluating offensive talent. Defense is better, but like you said- let's see how they do vs you all and Baylor.

I'd rate KSU as a very likely win for you; OSU as a pick-em; and Baylor as a likely loss. EDIT: my thinking as of TODAY. Injuries and other changes over time can change opinions.

Still- that's why we line up and play 'em. You never know.

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2013, 06:33 AM
Some of you may enjoy reading CAB's biography. It isn't a long read, but it's pretty good if you enjoy sports books. Give a lot of insight into what makes Briles tick, and has some fun "inside baseball" stuff as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Briles-Looking-Journey-ebook/dp/B00EXC1EUQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382441525&sr=8-1&keywords=art+briles

CowboyMRW
10/22/2013, 10:25 AM
This blows my mind. You know our rush defense is rated higher than either KSU or OSU, right? Hell, our rush defense is rated higher than your rush defense. We have the #11 ranked defense in the nation. I'm far less worried about our defense now than earlier in the year especially considering OU's very lackluster offense.

Actually that is false. OSU as the second ranked rush defense in the Big 12 at 117.5 yards/game while Baylor gives up a little over 136 yards a game.

I was surprised that Baylor didn't have more interceptions as one would think that teams would throw more when they got down.

Position Limit
10/22/2013, 10:41 AM
baylor is a gimmick team whose season will start going down hill soon. baylor sucks. tech sucks. both are gimmicks. watching these teams play, along with our suckage is another reason this conference blows.

BoulderSooner79
10/22/2013, 10:59 AM
baylor is a gimmick team whose season will start going down hill soon. baylor sucks. tech sucks. both are gimmicks. watching these teams play, along with our suckage is another reason this conference blows.

This conference is considered weak mainly due to OU and UT being down from elite status. Complaining about the conference is like cursing at the mirror.

mainline13
10/22/2013, 11:10 AM
We gave up 25 points in Manhattan where we have never won and we never play well in road games. I'll take 25 points under those conditions so long as we have at least 26.

You see, that's why you get accused of having that aggie "we are big time" attitude. Up until the last few years, y'all almost never played well anywhere. So when you say "we never play well in road games," it kind of implies that you do - always and forever - play well at home. These days, yes, you do. But over most of the history of the Big 12, Baylor has been a bit of a bottom feeder.

Bottom line, enjoy where you are, and how well your boys are playing. But remember that it's new for you.

CowboyMRW
10/22/2013, 11:37 AM

Baylor right now looks a lot like 2008 OU and 2011 OSU. Those seem like pretty good seasons for both teams. They could very well get beat and I think they eventually do lose, but to say they are a gimmick team is a little overboard. They lead the league in rushing AND passing. Doesn't sound like a gimmick.

badger
10/22/2013, 12:13 PM
2013 is the Baylor football revenge tour, in a nutshell. For years, the Big 12 North could rely on one South division win, mark it with a B and put it in the oven for baby and me.

Fortunately, Baylor has beaten us recently, so there's no need for revenge... even if we might have scored a lot of them over the years. (http://www.mcubed.net/ncaaf/series/baylor/ok.shtml)

Position Limit
10/22/2013, 01:07 PM
Baylor right now looks a lot like 2008 OU and 2011 OSU. Those seem like pretty good seasons for both teams. They could very well get beat and I think they eventually do lose, but to say they are a gimmick team is a little overboard. They lead the league in rushing AND passing. Doesn't sound like a gimmick.

2008 ou had a **** ton of talent. 2011 osu? is that the year they would have hung 70 on bama in the champ game if the only could get past the mighty cyclones? bad comparisons sheep humper... baylor is a mickey mouse ball club. big 12 is a bottom feeder conference right now. oh goodie baylor leads the conference in blah blah blah stats. they've played nobody with a pulse. it's gonna look bad when the lose to a few zombie big 12 teams in the next few weeks. but hey, the did hand 70 on wofford or however they've played.

cherokeebrewer
10/22/2013, 01:39 PM
2008 ou had a **** ton of talent. 2011 osu? is that the year they would have hung 70 on bama in the champ game if the only could get past the mighty cyclones? bad comparisons sheep humper... baylor is a mickey mouse ball club. big 12 is a bottom feeder conference right now. oh goodie baylor leads the conference in blah blah blah stats. they've played nobody with a pulse. it's gonna look bad when the lose to a few zombie big 12 teams in the next few weeks. but hey, the did hand 70 on wofford or however they've played.

This is not a well thought out post...

CowboyMRW
10/22/2013, 02:46 PM

We wouldn't have played Bama. That 2011 team was very good, even if they resided in Stillwater.

SoonerKnight
10/22/2013, 02:57 PM

Baylor looks good on O. They score fast and their D is average. Will they go undefeated? No, probably not. Will we beat them. We shall see. To say they still suck is inaccurate and just plain WRONG! They look very good.

I Am Right
10/22/2013, 02:59 PM
"We are going to lose to OSU and Baylor and KSU and TTech as well"

Fixed

SicEmBaylor
10/22/2013, 03:00 PM
You see, that's why you get accused of having that aggie "we are big time" attitude. Up until the last few years, y'all almost never played well anywhere. So when you say "we never play well in road games," it kind of implies that you do - always and forever - play well at home. These days, yes, you do. But over most of the history of the Big 12, Baylor has been a bit of a bottom feeder.

Bottom line, enjoy where you are, and how well your boys are playing. But remember that it's new for you.

Uhm, yeah, when I said that I clearly wasn't referring to the Roberts/Steele/GuyMo era. I don't think anyone thought for a moment that I was.

picasso
10/22/2013, 03:04 PM
You know nothing.

CowboyMRW
10/22/2013, 03:13 PM
You know nothing.

Thanks for showing me the light of where I was wrong.

picasso
10/22/2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks for showing me the light of where I was wrong.

You have a history of proving that on your own.
First of all, the '08 OU didn't lose to Iowa State when they were bad, or really bad.
We lost two close battles to arguably the best teams in the country that year other than OU.
Try again with your Aggy comparisons.

picasso
10/22/2013, 06:12 PM
Ok, sorry for picking on you.
But the OU defense played pretty salty at the end of '08.

olevetonahill
10/22/2013, 06:24 PM
Ok, sorry for picking on you.
But the OU defense played pretty salty at the end of '08.

Heh, He's an Aggie, they used to gettin picked on and Beat up LOL

CowboyMRW
10/22/2013, 06:30 PM
I wasn't referencing their losses.

2008 OU had a killer offense and decent defense. They played well against Florida for sure but they gave up a bunch of points that season much like OSU did in 2011. Whether that be because teams were throwing every down to play catch up or against their second string, my point was that a lot of points were given up.

I kind of see Baylor having the same caliber offense as OU did. They can run and throw in any situation, but I'm not convinced yet of their defense.

badger
10/23/2013, 12:43 PM
I think it would kick major arse to have Baylor vs Oregon in the national championship. Whose uniforms can be the brightest, shiniest and most viewer turn-offing?

Of course, that won't happen because Baylor will have at least one loss... on a Thursday... in Waco... :D

SicEmBaylor
10/23/2013, 12:49 PM
I think it would kick major arse to have Baylor vs Oregon in the national championship. Whose uniforms can be the brightest, shiniest and most viewer turn-offing?

Of course, that won't happen because Baylor will have at least one loss... on a Thursday... in Waco... :D

Someone mentioned it elsewhere, but I suspect Baylor v. Oregon would be a low scoring affair.

badger
10/23/2013, 01:52 PM
Someone mentioned it elsewhere, but I suspect Baylor v. Oregon would be a low scoring affair.

Sadly, only if you have a coordinator with a Heupel mindset. So everyone expects us to be high scoring on offense, eh? Let's low-score instead! Oooo, they'll never see it coming, much like Texas will never expect OU to NOT run the quarterback when whorn is notoriously bad at run defense!

*groan* i really, truly want Heupel to succeed, but it's really, really hard to live that decision down :(

SicEmBaylor
10/23/2013, 02:07 PM
Sadly, only if you have a coordinator with a Heupel mindset. So everyone expects us to be high scoring on offense, eh? Let's low-score instead! Oooo, they'll never see it coming, much like Texas will never expect OU to NOT run the quarterback when whorn is notoriously bad at run defense!

*groan* i really, truly want Heupel to succeed, but it's really, really hard to live that decision down :(

lol. I laughed. :D