PDA

View Full Version : SEC hugely overrated!!!

SoonerKnight
10/19/2013, 01:48 PM
The SEC is not the best conference this year!!!

Sammalone
10/19/2013, 02:20 PM
Agree 100%. PAC 12 takes their place this year.

SoonerKnight
10/19/2013, 02:31 PM
They have 2 and 1 loss SEC teams way to high in the polls!! This is the end of their dominance!! Florida can not beat Missouri!! These teams did not amour to **** in the Big 12!

SoonerForLife92
10/19/2013, 09:19 PM
Georgia lost to vandy. Georgia when they were healthy and "almighty" in the top 5, lost to a team getting their asses handed to them by Florida State right now. Missouri beat Florida. Auburn beat A&M. Alabama has had the worst ooc schedule lately. South Carolina proved today how overrated they always are. And lsu is down to ole miss right now. SEC SEC SEC! lol

Johnny Utah
10/19/2013, 09:43 PM
Georgia lost to vandy. Georgia when they were healthy and "almighty" in the top 5, lost to a team getting their asses handed to them by Florida State right now. Missouri beat Florida. Auburn beat A&M. Alabama has had the worst ooc schedule lately. South Carolina proved today how overrated they always are. And lsu is down to ole miss right now. SEC SEC SEC! lol

I mentioned in another thread that I am an OU fan that lived in the Atlanta area for 12 years. I had to endure the NC losses to LSU and Florida and so I look for every opportunity to take a shot against the sec. Who do you think has a legitimate shot to take down the sec/Bama this season?

SoonerKnight
10/19/2013, 09:54 PM
Oregon this year! Or if they fallFlorida St. Almost an omen!!!

OUinFLA
10/19/2013, 09:55 PM
Ducks

SoonerForLife92
10/19/2013, 10:00 PM
I mentioned in another thread that I am an OU fan that lived in the Atlanta area for 12 years. I had to endure the NC losses to LSU and Florida and so I look for every opportunity to take a shot against the sec. Who do you think has a legitimate shot to take down the sec/Bama this season?

Oregon or Florida State if they dont drop a game in their own conference first. I know kids need a break but with offenses like OU/Oregon who need a rhythm, the wait to bowl games does them absolutely no favors.

Johnny Utah
10/19/2013, 10:08 PM
FSU looks for real ...at least at this point in the season. Oregon always looks strong during the season but what's different about this team compared to the team(s) that lost to Auburn in the NC game and lsu in one of those "kickoff classics"?

BlownGP
10/19/2013, 11:47 PM
FSU looks for real ...at least at this point in the season. Oregon always looks strong during the season but what's different about this team compared to the team(s) that lost to Auburn in the NC game and lsu in one of those "kickoff classics"?

Nothing, except who's going to stop. Auburn and LSU had way better defenses those years.

BoulderSooner79
10/19/2013, 11:58 PM

The Ducks lost a tight game by 3 points to Auburn. Their QB this year is better than the one they had then and it appears they have a better defense too. FSU is starting to remind me of the 90's FSU teams - playmakers all over the field and what a steal to land that QB.

OUinFLA
10/20/2013, 08:14 AM
Top to bottom, I do think the SEC is stronger than other conferences.
Yep, a bunch of them lost yesterday, but, they lost to other SEC teams.

I do think there are other strong teams in other conferences, but top to bottom, I don't think they compare.

soonerhubs
10/20/2013, 08:23 AM
Top to bottom, I do think the SEC is stronger than other conferences.
Yep, a bunch of them lost yesterday, but, they lost to other SEC teams.

I do think there are other strong teams in other conferences, but top to bottom, I don't think they compare.

Espin talking point number one.

OUinFLA
10/20/2013, 08:58 AM
Espin talking point number one.

heh, now I feel insulted

:)

Ruf/Nek7
10/20/2013, 09:03 AM
You should have the seen the epic meltdown I caused on Facebook when I proposed that the SEC purposely threw those games in an attempt to make the conference strong from top to bottom.

rock on sooner
10/20/2013, 09:26 AM
You should have the seen the epic meltdown I caused on Facebook when I proposed that the SEC purposely threw those games in an attempt to make the conference strong from top to bottom.

That's funny!

soonerhubs
10/20/2013, 10:40 AM
heh, now I feel insulted

:)

My apologies. I'm just at the saturation point of SEC praise, so my replies may be ornery.

Nothing but love for ya, OUinFla. :)

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2013, 12:33 PM

Nothing, except who's going to stop. Auburn and LSU had way better defenses those years.

Umm, Auburn had the worst defense to win a national championship in some 25+ years. Their defense ranked outside the top 55 in most categories.

ashley
10/20/2013, 02:02 PM
Sec teams are beating other SEC teams. Yes they are the best conference. Not as good as the past but still the best.

OUinFLA
10/20/2013, 04:03 PM
My apologies. I'm just at the saturation point of SEC praise, so my replies may be ornery.

Nothing but love for ya, OUinFla. :)

Good, now I feel all warm and fuzzy again.......................... no, wait, there's still OU's performance this year to keep me from feeling warm......... so, I guess Im just fuzzy.

SoonerForLife92
10/20/2013, 05:52 PM
Sec teams are beating other SEC teams. Yes they are the best conference. Not as good as the past but still the best.

Nah. Georgia when they were healthy and supposedly only 2nd to bama in the conference, lost to clemson. Clemson got throttled at home by florida state. Flordia state will also hand florida's asses to them. In all honesty there is no way to know what the best conference is in the regular season because they hardly play each other. Lsu is the only sec team that always has a respectable ooc schedule. Oh yea and the other undefeated sec team besides bama is still playing with mostly big 12 recruits.

8timechamps
10/20/2013, 06:40 PM

That's what we always hear, but are you really going to defend the mighty SEC after watching Vandy beat UGA?

Please.

The PAC is the best conference in the country right now, followed by the ACC. Then the SEC.

ashley
10/20/2013, 07:18 PM
Georgia has too many injuries. I know you are kidding about the ACC and PAC whatever.

SoonerForLife92
10/20/2013, 07:25 PM
Georgia has too many injuries. I know you are kidding about the ACC and PAC whatever.

Like i said... The healthy georgia that was comparable to bama got beat by clemson. Clemson got manhandled in their own house by florida state. Lsu lost to an unranked team. SC lost to an unranked team. The only other unbeaten team besides alabama is playing with mostly big 12 recruits. AND like i said SEC ooc schedule every year (short of lsu) is laughable. Georgia did good this year with their ooc schedule but that's about it. Oh yea and florida who was top 15 at one point will also get killed by florida state. Basically all the points i made earlier that you have yet to make a legit argument against.

Wishboned
10/20/2013, 08:39 PM
Missouri beat a 22nd ranked Florida team at home and jumped 9 spots to #5. FSU beat the #3 team in Death Valley and only jumped 2.

Why? Because of the SEC hype.

TXBOOMER
10/20/2013, 09:13 PM
Top to bottom I'd have to go with SEC, but I really don't give a a crap what conference is the best. This bs talk started with bcs. When loser schools wanted to cling to the National Champion for representing their conference. Mainly, S E C chants by little sister sec schools in their bowls.

Johnny Utah
10/20/2013, 09:16 PM
Top to bottom I'd have to go with SEC, but I really don't give a a crap what conference is the best. This bs talk started with bcs. When loser schools wanted to cling to the National Champion for representing their conference. Mainly, S E C chants by little sister sec schools in their bowls.

Yes. Good assessment.

Soonerwake
10/20/2013, 09:16 PM

Agree x 100000000.. I really couldn't care less what the other Big XII schools do, and I'm not sure why other people do, other the SOS of course...

8timechamps
10/20/2013, 09:29 PM

Everyone has injuries. UGA recruits well enough, that it shouldn't matter against a team like Vandy. There is no excuse for losing that game.

I can see an argument against the ACC (since Clemson got blown away Saturday), but I don't see an argument that puts the SEC ahead of the PAC. Other than Alabama, who is so great in the SEC? LSU? No. A&M? No defense. Who?

Johnny Utah
10/20/2013, 09:31 PM
Everyone has injuries. UGA recruits well enough, that it shouldn't matter against a team like Vandy. There is no excuse for losing that game.

I can see an argument against the ACC (since Clemson got blown away Saturday), but I don't see an argument that puts the SEC ahead of the PAC. Other than Alabama, who is so great in the SEC? LSU? No. A&M? No defense. Who?

Didn't Clemson get blown away by another ACC team?

8timechamps
10/20/2013, 09:46 PM
Didn't Clemson get blown away by another ACC team?

Yeah, that's my point though...I'm not sure the ACC has a lot of really good teams. We know they have one (FSU). So, I was saying that I could understand an argument against the ACC, although I still think it would give the SEC a run.

SoonerForLife92
10/21/2013, 10:17 AM
Yeah, that's my point though...I'm not sure the ACC has a lot of really good teams. We know they have one (FSU). So, I was saying that I could understand an argument against the ACC, although I still think it would give the SEC a run.

As far as i'm concerned clemson beating the healthy georgia that was comparable to the "mighty" alabama (was one play away from winning the sec championship), then clemson getting it handed to them by 40 points at home, makes it impossible to tell the top conferemce this year. I wish more teams had better ooc strength.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/21/2013, 10:33 AM
UGA had some injuries and used it as an excuse to completely fall apart. They got run off their home field by Missouri and followed that up with a loss to vandy. Frankly, they never were a top 5 team. People thought they were good because they squeaked by two overrated teams at home - lsu and sc.

badger
10/21/2013, 10:34 AM
UGA had some injuries and used it as an excuse to completely fall apart. They got run off their home field by Missouri and followed that up with a loss to vandy. Frankly, they never were a top 5 team. People thought they were good because they squeaked by two overrated teams at home - lsu and sc.

Georgia is the new Virginia Tech --- regular preseason top 10s that get upset year after year. Va Tech wasn't even ranked this year. How soon will Georgia be in the same boat?

It's not an SEC vs non-SEC thing, it's a program reputation thing. The pollsters had been burned too many years ranking VT high and didn't want to bother this year. UGA is next. I hope we aren't following

picasso
10/21/2013, 10:36 AM
Lord, quit stroking Georgia already. Herschel's been gone for decades.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/21/2013, 10:45 AM
Georgia is the new Virginia Tech --- regular preseason top 10s that get upset year after year. Va Tech wasn't even ranked this year. How soon will Georgia be in the same boat?

It's not an SEC vs non-SEC thing, it's a program reputation thing. The pollsters had been burned too many years ranking VT high and didn't want to bother this year. UGA is next. I hope we aren't following

Well, they did almost beat Bama last year. Anybody that almost beats Bama is worthy of being ranked high. I think aTm could lose their next 3 games and still be ranked in the top 25.

mainline13
10/22/2013, 08:23 PM

You actually watch a lot of ESPiN, don't you?

:friendly_wink:

stoops the eternal pimp
10/22/2013, 08:59 PM
Florida State 4-0 6-0
Clemson 4-1 6-1
Wake Forest 2-2 4-3
Maryland 1-2 5-2
Boston College 1-2 3-3
Syracuse 1-2 3-4
North Carolina State 0-3 3-3
COASTAL CONF OVERALL
Virginia Tech 3-0 6-1
Miami (FL) 2-0 6-0
Georgia Tech 3-2 4-3
Pittsburgh 2-2 4-2
Duke 1-2 5-2
Virginia 0-3 2-5
North Carolina 0-3 1-5

Missouri 3-0 7-0
South Carolina 3-2 5-2
Florida 3-2 4-3
Georgia 3-2 4-3
Tennessee 1-2 4-3
Vanderbilt 1-3 4-3
Kentucky 0-3 1-5
WEST CONF OVERALL
Alabama 4-0 7-0
Auburn 3-1 6-1
LSU 3-2 6-2
Texas A&M 2-2 5-2
Ole Miss 2-3 4-3
Mississippi State 0-2 3-3
Arkansas 0-4 3-5

The top 2 in no particular order..now match em up bottom to the top and see who is better.

8timechamps
10/22/2013, 09:37 PM
Florida State 4-0 6-0
Clemson 4-1 6-1
Wake Forest 2-2 4-3
Maryland 1-2 5-2
Boston College 1-2 3-3
Syracuse 1-2 3-4
North Carolina State 0-3 3-3
COASTAL CONF OVERALL
Virginia Tech 3-0 6-1
Miami (FL) 2-0 6-0
Georgia Tech 3-2 4-3
Pittsburgh 2-2 4-2
Duke 1-2 5-2
Virginia 0-3 2-5
North Carolina 0-3 1-5

Missouri 3-0 7-0
South Carolina 3-2 5-2
Florida 3-2 4-3
Georgia 3-2 4-3
Tennessee 1-2 4-3
Vanderbilt 1-3 4-3
Kentucky 0-3 1-5
WEST CONF OVERALL
Alabama 4-0 7-0
Auburn 3-1 6-1
LSU 3-2 6-2
Texas A&M 2-2 5-2
Ole Miss 2-3 4-3
Mississippi State 0-2 3-3
Arkansas 0-4 3-5

The top 2 in no particular order..now match em up bottom to the top and see who is better.

I'd put the top 4 out of the ACC over the top 4 in the SEC.

After that, it's kind of a mess. The SEC may have a slight edge in the bottom teams though...not sure if Pittsburgh and Georgia Tech could beat Georgia and A&M (probably not).

EatLeadCommie
10/22/2013, 10:47 PM
This year is one of the best examples of SEC homerism in recent memory. Let's not include Bama in this discussion, because they're earned their spot.

Let's look at UGA. Overrated EVERY year. Typical Mark Richt team. Only now add injuries to the mix. Clemson, who was always overrated, gets stoked for a game they've been foaming at the mouth over all during the offseason, and beat UGA in Death Valley by a couple points. The result? Clemson gets more overrated and UGA dropped a couple spots.

UF is the same UF team from last year. Solid defense and an appalling offense. UM showed early on that you only have to score about 3 TDs to beat them. And that's what UM did, so logically it can't be that UF is overrated, but that UM was underrated. The result? UM moves up and UF drops a few.

LSU drops to overrated UGA but doesn't drop much because UGA is still overrated at that point. The result? UGA moves higher than they should be and LSU drops a few. LSU loses to a marginal Ole Miss team. Yes, I realize they put the bitchslap on UT and we lost to them, but my eyes don't deceive me. Am I supposed to worship BYU too for the similar slap they put on the Horns?

Mizzou plays a completely depleted UGA team in Athens, a UGA team which is overrated even when healthy, and they win. The result? Pollsters start thinking that Mizzou is for real because, by God, they're 6-0 in the mighty SEC and just beat the vaunted Dawgs. And oh my they go and beat overrated UF at home the next week so they must really be legit (to Mizzou's credit, they did do it with their backup QB).

South Carolina continues to be SC. Respected more than they should be because Spurrier is their coach and because of some Clowney guy. They lose to overrated UGA. The result? UGA gets a modest boost and SC hardly suffers at all...until they lose to terrible Tennessee this week.

Once again, the SEC is enormously top heavy. I really wish I could talk more crap about them, but the Big XII just keeps getting worse and worse every year. But my eyes don't lie. The SEC is not the best conference top to bottom this year. There are two teams in Bama and aTm who I would not want this OU team to play this year, but anybody else is fair game. Kinda like last year, only neither Bama nor aTm are as good as they were last year. If either OU or TX were up to snuff this year, the BXII would be on par with the SEC. Only problem is the SEC has like 50 teams now so of course they're going to be able to throw out a bunch of ranked teams as so-called proof of their dominance. Sorry, but quantity does not equal quality.

BoulderSooner79
10/22/2013, 11:03 PM
The SEC being weaker this year doesn't really hurt them as long as they have Bama. In fact, it helps them if it means Bama slides into the title game w/o as much risk of being upset along the way. If they get a few years of this, it will certainly hurt them because they could end up like big12 and B1G with Baylor and tOSU needing help even if they go undefeated. But there will be 4 slots by then, so the SEC champ would still have a playoff spot most likely. Now if they end up with more than 1 slot in a 4 team playoff due to undeserved reputation, then there will be something to bitch about.

OU_Sooners75
10/22/2013, 11:06 PM

Do you even watch football?

The SEC is nothing like they have been the last few years. It's a two horse race in Bama and Missouri right now. And Missouri is doing it with Big 12 Recruits.

The rest if the SEC is average at best!

8timechamps
10/23/2013, 02:39 PM
The SEC being weaker this year doesn't really hurt them as long as they have Bama. In fact, it helps them if it means Bama slides into the title game w/o as much risk of being upset along the way. If they get a few years of this, it will certainly hurt them because they could end up like big12 and B1G with Baylor and tOSU needing help even if they go undefeated. But there will be 4 slots by then, so the SEC champ would still have a playoff spot most likely. Now if they end up with more than 1 slot in a 4 team playoff due to undeserved reputation, then there will be something to bitch about.

Agreed. Bama is carrying the torch for the SEC this year (and really, isn't that what they've done the past couple of years? More so this year, though). Bama has a favorable schedule this year, and short of losing in the SEC CCG, I think they'll be right back in the title game. However, I don't think this year's Bama team would beat Oregon and/or Florida State.

This could be the year that starts the decline of the SEC.

SoonerKnight
10/23/2013, 04:34 PM
Agreed. Bama is carrying the torch for the SEC this year (and really, isn't that what they've done the past couple of years? More so this year, though). Bama has a favorable schedule this year, and short of losing in the SEC CCG, I think they'll be right back in the title game. However, I don't think this year's Bama team would beat Oregon and/or Florida State.

Oregon does not have a great defense. If they play Alabama I think that they would lose just because their D is not that great and look what happen when Alabama played A&M. They played until the time ran out and Alabam just happen to score last. Alabam still has decent defense. I think that FSU would give Alabama a better run for their money. I think not only their QB is better but I think they can play D as well.

I also think that LSU is a good team this year and I do not keep up enough to know if they play Alabama but I would suspect if they do that LSU will keep it close if not win. I do not think Alabama gets to the big game this year. I believe that there will not be an undefeated SEC team this year.

8timechamps
10/23/2013, 07:48 PM
Oregon does not have a great defense. If they play Alabama I think that they would lose just because their D is not that great and look what happen when Alabama played A&M. They played until the time ran out and Alabam just happen to score last. Alabam still has decent defense. I think that FSU would give Alabama a better run for their money. I think not only their QB is better but I think they can play D as well.

I also think that LSU is a good team this year and I do not keep up enough to know if they play Alabama but I would suspect if they do that LSU will keep it close if not win. I do not think Alabama gets to the big game this year. I believe that there will not be an undefeated SEC team this year.

Oregon doesn't have an elite defense, but it's probably the best they've had since they became relevant. Then again, they're a lot like Baylor...their starting unit hasn't played late in most games.

I think Bama is still a very good team, I'm just not sure they are as good as they have been. A&M played them close, but A&M isn't great. Offensively, they're awesome, but they have a pretty mediocre defense. I think Bama and LSU play later in the year, but I also think LSU suffers the same thing A&M suffers from, lack of a really good defense.

It's really hard to tell what's happening in the SEC this year. With so many quality QB's, are the defenses playing worse, or are the QB's just playing better? Could be a little of both.

To Stoops comments a few weeks ago, it is interesting that when the Big XII was going through this (over the past couple of years), the media was all over the "Big XII plays no defense", but now that the SEC is playing good offense, there's not much mention of the SEC not playing good defense.

arcman46
10/23/2013, 07:52 PM
Oregon's defense is head and shoulders above TAMU's defense.

SoonerForLife92
10/24/2013, 01:38 AM
Oregon doesn't have an elite defense, but it's probably the best they've had since they became relevant. Then again, they're a lot like Baylor...their starting unit hasn't played late in most games.

I think Bama is still a very good team, I'm just not sure they are as good as they have been. A&M played them close, but A&M isn't great. Offensively, they're awesome, but they have a pretty mediocre defense. I think Bama and LSU play later in the year, but I also think LSU suffers the same thing A&M suffers from, lack of a really good defense.

It's really hard to tell what's happening in the SEC this year. With so many quality QB's, are the defenses playing worse, or are the QB's just playing better? Could be a little of both.

To Stoops comments a few weeks ago, it is interesting that when the Big XII was going through this (over the past couple of years), the media was all over the "Big XII plays no defense", but now that the SEC is playing good offense, there's not much mention of the SEC not playing good defense.

Screw the media. The SEC hype is crap. Helps when a conference has a multi-million dollar contract with ESPN, more so than the other conferences.

Johnny Utah
10/24/2013, 08:22 AM
Gary Danielson blames it on the new targeting rule, which he evidently thinks is a conspiracy theory to take down the sec (I got this out of the Birmingham News http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/10/gary_danielson_take_targeting.html):

"The way it's happening now, it is neutering the aggressiveness of SEC defenses," said Danielson, who will call Saturday's Alabama-Tennessee game. "It has a bigger impact on the SEC than any other conference, because this conference has better football players on defense. All you have to do is look at the draft to know that. I believe the SEC is leveling the playing field by officiating this so closely."

Position Limit
10/24/2013, 08:27 AM
yep. and this year is ripe for the picking as far as an nc goes. but what does ou do? ****s the bed against texas. the only team remotely with any talent. let that sink in.

arcman46
10/24/2013, 08:54 AM
yep. and this year is ripe for the picking as far as an nc goes. but what does ou do? ****s the bed against texas. the only team remotely with any talent. let that sink in.

If you think that Oklahoma had a chance at winning the NC this year, having lost a 4 year starter at QB, and our 2 most productive WR's. With a porous defense, that has gotten remarkably better, then I want some of what you are smoking.

Position Limit
10/24/2013, 09:32 AM
If you think that Oklahoma had a chance at winning the NC this year, having lost a 4 year starter at QB, and our 2 most productive WR's. With a porous defense, that has gotten remarkably better, then I want some of what you are smoking.

ou should be able to run right through the joke of a conference and be at the championship table at the season. yes without your boy landry jones. also, this defense leads the conference. care to try again?

EDIT: No personal attacks.

BoulderSooner79
10/24/2013, 10:29 AM
you should just keep smoking pole. ou should be able to run right through the joke of a conference and be at the championship table at the season. yes without your boy landry jones. also, this defense leads the conference. care to try again?

you a funny man

badger
10/24/2013, 10:46 AM

Fingers crossed, pray pray pray, hope and change!

arcman46
10/24/2013, 11:55 AM
you should just keep smoking pole. ou should be able to run right through the joke of a conference and be at the championship table at the season. yes without your boy landry jones. also, this defense leads the conference. care to try again?

There are few people on these boards that actually think that we had any chance of being more than a 10-2 or 9-3 team this year before the season started. Yes I am glad that Landry graduated, but he was far better than anything that we have now at the QB position. Whether you like Landry or not, he was a senior QB, that despite his flaws, came up big in several games that we won. Yes he screwed up some others. I'm not going to criticize Bell, because that's not what I do. Right now, with our QB situation, I have little confidence that we can get behind in a game, against a quality opponent, and rely on the offense to get us back in it. We would have probably lost the Notre Dame game if the D hadn't given us basically 14 points to start the game. I have been impressed so far with the defense, but we have 3 opponents that are really, really good still to come.

SoonerKnight
10/24/2013, 12:48 PM

Seriously. We have a QB that had what 3 starts before Texas. We have WR's that are just now starting to be productive. WE were never going to be in the title hunt this year we are not that great on offense. Now our D has young guys stepping up but they are young and inexperienced.

SoonerForLife92
10/24/2013, 12:59 PM
Gary Danielson blames it on the new targeting rule, which he evidently thinks is a conspiracy theory to take down the sec (I got this out of the Birmingham News http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/10/gary_danielson_take_targeting.html):

"The way it's happening now, it is neutering the aggressiveness of SEC defenses," said Danielson, who will call Saturday's Alabama-Tennessee game. "It has a bigger impact on the SEC than any other conference, because this conference has better football players on defense. All you have to do is look at the draft to know that. I believe the SEC is leveling the playing field by officiating this so closely."

LOL. Yeah thats's why so many of the good defense players come from colleges where you would have never heard their name before the nfl. I absolutely hate the targeting rule. I am all for taking it away and still seeing all the offenses in the SEC struggle (not this year though), in turn making their defenses seem SSOOO much better. The only reason they are now slighty better than other conferences is because all this SEC bull**** hype in the media draws more recruits there the past few years. Yet they are still down this year HA.

Position Limit
10/24/2013, 01:02 PM
Seriously. We have a QB that had what 3 starts before Texas. We have WR's that are just now starting to be productive. WE were never going to be in the title hunt this year we are not that great on offense. Now our D has young guys stepping up but they are young and inexperienced.

blah. the days of needing a senior qb to make to the champ game are a thing of the past. same with wr's. we have a ton of talent at running back position but refuse to use it. the conference is as soft as it's ever been. thank god tamu and mizzou are gone this year. it was ripe for taking but josh heupel bent over for texas prison style. 2 teams were on the schedule with talent. notre dame and texas. and texas fuggin blows.

olevetonahill
10/24/2013, 01:23 PM
you a funny man

No he's not ! :wink:

BoulderSooner79
10/24/2013, 03:44 PM
you a funny man

No he's not ! :wink:

"Funny" in that his anger makes me laugh.

:surprise:

SoonerKnight
10/25/2013, 12:34 AM
We were behind against Texas and that would mean we need to throw in order to win. WR drop passes and a RB drops a TD pass. You blame play calling all you want. We did not execute in that game. If the D had stopped the run game then we may have won.

Sabanball
10/26/2013, 03:32 PM
I agree and it's been going on for at least 7 yrs now. We should just disband the sec and ban them from the NCAA .

Eielson
10/26/2013, 03:45 PM
Saban and Meyer are personally responsible for the myth of SEC dominance. They're legends, but the rest of the conference is no better than the other top conferences. Missouri and A&M were middle of the road Big XII teams and they're tearing it up in the SEC.

soonerhubs
10/26/2013, 04:26 PM
I agree and it's been going on for at least 7 yrs now. We should just disband the sec and ban them from the NCAA .

Bad idea. Let's keep the suicide rate among that weak-minded watered-down SEC fan base to a minimum. ESPiN would lose too large of a market share. ;)

JLEW1818
10/26/2013, 04:42 PM
Big12 is a ****ing joke of a football conference. All I got.

Rogue
10/26/2013, 08:02 PM
I wish we'd joined the SEC.

EatLeadCommie
10/26/2013, 08:52 PM
Mizzou is demonstrating that the mighty SEC east is, in fact, on par with the BXII north... At least this year

soonerhubs
10/26/2013, 08:55 PM
Big12 is a ****ing joke of a football conference. All I got.

Any fan who cheers on their conference is a ****ing joke.

Sabanball
10/26/2013, 09:32 PM

Yup.....I mean, why on earth would some people have something in common like regional pride in a shared passion like college football? Just boggles the mind and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

soonerhubs
10/26/2013, 09:37 PM

Yup.....I mean, why on earth would some people have something in common like regional pride in a shared passion like college football? Just boggles the mind and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever......and besides, they're not even good at it!

Don't you have enough pride in your team? Why the need to hitch onto multiple bandwagons, aside from a fragile self-esteem?

aurorasooner
10/26/2013, 09:41 PM
Mizzou is demonstrating that the mighty SEC east is, in fact, on par with the BXII north... At least this year Looks like Mizzou and So Carolina is going into OT. I may switch the volume to the World Series as Joe Tessitore has taken that ESPiN/SEC Mush to a new level.

Blue
10/26/2013, 09:42 PM
Typical SEC fan. Before Bama got a coach Sabanball was a "big" OU fan.

SoonerKnight
10/26/2013, 09:45 PM
HA! Ha!

soonerhubs
10/26/2013, 09:45 PM
Typical SEC fan. Before Bama got a coach Sabanball was a "big" OU fan. Heh! I hope he can afford therapy when the tide lose a few games. Oh wait, he'll just cheer for his rival, Auburn, as would any other pathetic SEC fan.

soonerhubs
10/26/2013, 09:48 PM
Typical SEC fan. Before Bama got a coach Sabanball was a "big" OU fan. Heh! I hope he can afford therapy when the tide lose a few games. Oh wait, he'll just cheer for his rival, Auburn, as would any other pathetic SEC fan.

"Ummm... Phil? Can I change my name to Sliveball?" ;)

BlownGP
10/26/2013, 09:54 PM

Yes it's sad, sec fans think that just because the likes of Kentucky and Vanderbilt are in the sec that they still can beat anybody in the country.

aurorasooner
10/26/2013, 10:00 PM
Mizzou coughs up another one. The Old Ball Coach wins in OT.

SCSoonerfan
10/26/2013, 10:01 PM
The Pinkle Stinkle strikes again.

Temujin
10/26/2013, 10:15 PM
Yup.....I mean, why on earth would some people have something in common like regional pride in a shared passion like college football? Just boggles the mind and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

The dumb part of it is that you're "conference" doesn't win championships. Your "conference" doesn't win games. Individual teams win games and championships. Although, it does make some sense that Alabama would claim championships from other SEC schools, they have a history of doing that kind of thing.

There are plenty of other ways to show regional pride. Cheering on teams, even rivals, that beat you is just an excuse to feel better about your team when you don't win. None of us would feel any better about OU if Texas won a championship. We'd be pissed as hell. The fact that SEC fans feel that way is largely because from the 70s through the early 2000s only Alabama was even remotely relevant on the national scene. Teams like LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn, Florida all needed to pat themselves on the back and make excuses for their mediocrity for most of that period. Football IS everything in the SEC and fans needed their pacifier. In reality, the fact that any SEC team outside of Bama is even competing for championships is a fairly recent phenomenon, and now everyone in the SEC has picked up the excuse-making in the hopes of making themselves look better than they really are.

BlownGP
10/26/2013, 10:59 PM
The dumb part of it is that you're "conference" doesn't win championships. Your "conference" doesn't win games. Individual teams win games and championships. Although, it does make some sense that Alabama would claim championships from other SEC schools, they have a history of doing that kind of thing.

There are plenty of other ways to show regional pride. Cheering on teams, even rivals, that beat you is just an excuse to feel better about your team when you don't win. None of us would feel any better about OU if Texas won a championship. We'd be pissed as hell. The fact that SEC fans feel that way is largely because from the 70s through the early 2000s only Alabama was even remotely relevant on the national scene. Teams like LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn, Florida all needed to pat themselves on the back and make excuses for their mediocrity for most of that period. Football IS everything in the SEC and fans needed their pacifier. In reality, the fact that any SEC team outside of Bama is even competing for championships is a fairly recent phenomenon, and now everyone in the SEC has picked up the excuse-making in the hopes of making themselves look better than they really are.

http://www.bluefountainmedia.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/FacebookLike2.jpg

picasso
10/27/2013, 12:30 AM

Zing!

Regional pride. Ppppft

Sabanball
10/27/2013, 12:45 PM
I still am a big OU fan, smartie...in fact, I was probably cheering for the sooners when you were in diapers.

In other news, the sec has 6 teams in the latest AP top 14. But, hey, we all know that's just because of one team and espn propaganda, damnit!

SoonerKnight
10/27/2013, 02:03 PM
I still am a big OU fan, smartie...in fact, I was probably cheering for the sooners when you were in diapers.

In other news, the sec has 6 teams in the latest AP top 14. But, hey, we all know that's just because of one team and espn propaganda, damnit!

Glad you agree.

soonerhubs
10/27/2013, 04:22 PM

It's good to have backups, right? War Eagle!