PDA

View Full Version : I Hate this place after a Loss

olevetonahill
10/15/2013, 04:55 PM
Its like all the ****ing Idiots show up and start Fire "This Person" , Threads :twinkies:

cherokeebrewer
10/15/2013, 04:58 PM
I hate it more!

olevetonahill
10/15/2013, 05:02 PM
I hate it more!

Uh UH I would rather get a Prostate exam as read all these Fire someone threads.

cherokeebrewer
10/15/2013, 05:21 PM
Uh UH I would rather get a Prostate exam as read all these Fire someone threads.

You win

8timechamps
10/15/2013, 05:35 PM
I think it's therapeutic for some people to "get it out".

Most of it is pretty damn funny, although the person writing it is probably not trying to be comical.

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2013, 05:36 PM
I agree. We should bain losses.

olevetonahill
10/15/2013, 05:39 PM
You win

I agree. We should bain losses.

Heh.

Soonerwake
10/15/2013, 06:32 PM
You got that right... I usually stay away for awhile, and certainly stay away from sports radio. There is only so damned much "the sky is falling" that I can put up with.

yermom
10/15/2013, 08:05 PM
fire Olevet!

birddog
10/15/2013, 08:20 PM
Fire OU and their so called swagger!

70sooner
10/15/2013, 09:42 PM

meh, I've done both and ya, a digital exam is a lot less painful, no doubt. hell, they knock yer arse out, so it's really no biggie, worst thing used to be the crap you had to drink before hand....

olevetonahill
10/15/2013, 10:25 PM
You win

fire Olevet!

Ya would miss the "Juice"

olevetonahill
10/15/2013, 10:27 PM
You win

meh, I've done both and ya, a digital exam is a lot less painful, no doubt. hell, they knock yer arse out, so it's really no biggie, worst thing used to be the crap you had to drink before hand....

You have to get Durnk and Pass out to get yer prostate checked? Ya do know, that may not be a Finger their slippin to ya.

OU_Sooners75
10/15/2013, 10:38 PM
Hey my fire Heupel thread was started with EOM....nothing else...haha

It was very therapeutic!

But I still think Heupel has no place as the OC at OU.

I guess I am to Heupel as Curly Bill was to Brent Venables.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/16/2013, 12:03 AM
I don't want anyone fired. In fact, all I want is our old coach back.

You know, that guy that pulled us back from the dark days and won an MNC with his risk-taking! Coaching Boo's recruits to their full potential!

Not this guy now who wouldn't know a trick play if it bit him in the *** or who dared go for it on 4th down without comfortable odds in his favor.

Temujin
10/16/2013, 01:24 AM
I don't want anyone fired. In fact, all I want is our old coach back.

You know, that guy that pulled us back from the dark days and won an MNC with his risk-taking! Coaching Boo's recruits to their full potential!

Not this guy now who wouldn't know a trick play if it bit him in the *** or who dared go for it on 4th down without comfortable odds in his favor.

Funny thing is that I heard Stoops say something about that recently. His comment is that people prefer that kind of riverboat gambling only when it works, and that he learned he had to stop doing that as a coach, that he had to mature as a coach. Ok, I get that you don't want to overdo the trickery, but that doesn't mean you have to abandon all creativity.

Position Limit
10/16/2013, 08:17 AM
if you hate this place now, just wait until the end of the season. you know with 2 more conference losses and our annual bowl game depantsing. Unless at some point between now and saturday night josh heupel gets **** canned and run out of town.

badger
10/16/2013, 09:10 AM
This place must have really sucked in the 90s... everyone waiting for their 28.8k modems to dial up the site... people's 10 by 10 OU logo avatars making the pages load slow... never being able to vent during a thunderstorm, lest your computer get ground surged...

Bourbon St Sooner
10/16/2013, 09:27 AM
My Pentium 75 was going on overdrive in the 90s.

badger
10/16/2013, 09:34 AM
Be honest: How many of you still use just two fingers when you type and have to look at the keyboard to figure out which letters you're about to hit?

olevetonahill
10/16/2013, 02:42 PM
Be honest: How many of you still use just two fingers when you type and have to look at the keyboard to figure out which letters you're about to hit?

Dont every Body?
Hell I took the Caps lock key Off my keyboard. and Prolly before you joined (I aint sure) before I had spell check. I mispelled evrything.

LesNessman
10/16/2013, 03:49 PM
Just thinkin' out loud but seems to me the Sooners have a good chance to win out and get another conference title.

Impossible you say? Stranger things have happened.

Look at last Saturday's Cotton Bowl game.

Curly Bill
10/16/2013, 10:03 PM
Bitching on a message board about what other people are posting on a message board? Why does that strike me as...oh I don't know, shall we say: silly?

olevetonahill
10/16/2013, 10:14 PM
Bitching on a message board about what other people are posting on a message board? Why does that strike me as...oh I don't know, shall we say: silly?

I aint Bitchin about anyones Posts, Ima bitchin about all the Bitchin http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Pay Tention

Soonerus
10/16/2013, 10:27 PM
My favorite time on SF is after a big loss...

Curly Bill
10/16/2013, 10:29 PM
I aint Bitchin about anyones Posts, Ima bitchin about all the Bitchin http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Pay Tention

Coming to a message board to bitch about people bitching on a message board. You're a silly silly man Olevet!

Soonerus
10/16/2013, 10:31 PM
I love all of the recurrent bitching...so funny...

Curly Bill
10/16/2013, 10:31 PM
My favorite time on SF is after a big loss...

Hellz yeah! I don't lose sleep at all when we kick the typical 2-3 games a year we don't bother showing up for. I just like to raise hell about it, and cause the "real fans" heartache in having to defend their beloved Stoopsy.

Soonerus
10/16/2013, 10:34 PM
I hate to lose but have learned to love the gnashing and grunting after losses...great entertainment...

Curly Bill
10/16/2013, 10:41 PM
Nothing like mixing it up with the Kool Aid crowd after a loss. It's great fun!

Soonerus
10/16/2013, 10:42 PM
Good stuff...

olevetonahill
10/16/2013, 10:46 PM
Coming to a message board to bitch about people bitching on a message board. You're a silly silly man Olevet!

Ya say that like its a Bad thing.:saturn:

Curly Bill
10/16/2013, 10:48 PM
It's amusing - not bad.

olevetonahill
10/16/2013, 10:50 PM
It's amusing - not bad.

Well Alright then :cocksure:

8timechamps
10/16/2013, 10:58 PM
Hellz yeah! I don't lose sleep at all when we kick the typical 2-3 games a year we don't bother showing up for. I just like to raise hell about it, and cause the "real fans" heartache in having to defend their beloved Stoopsy.

I guess this is what I just don't understand. Isn't Stoops the coach of OUR team? Shouldn't we all want him to do the best he can do? He makes mistakes, no question. But, to consistently find a way to bitch and moan about him at every available opportunity is grating. I know you aren't like that (other than the occasional "stir the pot" moments), but there are a couple that are motivated by that alone. They're usually the same ones that continue to bitch about being in the Big XII. Say it once or twice, and we all get it. Continue to say it over and over, it just becomes annoying.

Curly Bill
10/16/2013, 11:08 PM
I guess this is what I just don't understand. Isn't Stoops the coach of OUR team? Shouldn't we all want him to do the best he can do? He makes mistakes, no question. But, to consistently find a way to bitch and moan about him at every available opportunity is grating. I know you aren't like that (other than the occasional "stir the pot" moments), but there are a couple that are motivated by that alone. They're usually the same ones that continue to bitch about being in the Big XII. Say it once or twice, and we all get it. Continue to say it over and over, it just becomes annoying.

I went from believing Stoops would win every game we were in, that he would find a way. Big Game Bob, the Mojo, all that stuff.

But I'm a realist and I have seen what's happened the past several years with that - Big Game Bob has left the building and he took whatever mojo he had with him. I see it, people outside the Crimson Kool Aid Belt see it, more troubling is recruits around the country see it, and while I do like the coaching changes made this past off-season, things are NOT trending upwards.

I've never been a fan who ignored what to me is sooo obvious, just so I could be a "good fan" or a "real fan." I think Bob's better days are behind him, and frankly I like the other people who feel the same way to bitch about it. If nothing else it causes the Kool Aid drinkers such angst.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/16/2013, 11:36 PM
Just thinkin' out loud but seems to me the Sooners have a good chance to win out and get another conference title.

Impossible you say? Stranger things have happened.

Look at last Saturday's Cotton Bowl game.

http://i.imgur.com/bwU4r.gif

/obligatory

C&CDean
10/17/2013, 09:14 AM
I went from believing Stoops would win every game we were in, that he would find a way. Big Game Bob, the Mojo, all that stuff.

But I'm a realist and I have seen what's happened the past several years with that - Big Game Bob has left the building and he took whatever mojo he had with him. I see it, people outside the Crimson Kool Aid Belt see it, more troubling is recruits around the country see it, and while I do like the coaching changes made this past off-season, things are NOT trending upwards.

I've never been a fan who ignored what to me is sooo obvious, just so I could be a "good fan" or a "real fan." I think Bob's better days are behind him, and frankly I like the other people who feel the same way to bitch about it. If nothing else it causes the Kool Aid drinkers such angst.

Sometimes you can be so...****tarded?

Let's see, someone watches the game and sees a bunch of players slobbering down their jersey fronts while they're getting bitch slapped by the opponent and calls a spade a spade...and they're koolaid drinkers?

Someone supports a coach and they're a koolaid drinker? Someone doesn't just pull the dummy card and automatically scream "fire coach xxxx" and they're a koolaid drinker? I guess I'd rather be a koolaid drinker than a complete dumbass.

Carry on with your silliness.

picasso
10/17/2013, 09:50 AM
Old Riverboat Stoops did some gambling in our bowl game with West Virginia and it was a disaster.

Position Limit
10/17/2013, 09:59 AM
Old Riverboat Stoops did some gambling in our bowl game with West Virginia and it was a disaster.

the gambling wasnt the problem. the defense lifting up their skirts every time that big white fullback came running through was the problem. shocking i know. who would have ever thought to use a fullback and a running game to control a game?

Bourbon St Sooner
10/17/2013, 10:11 AM
the gambling wasnt the problem. the defense lifting up their skirts every time that big white fullback came running through was the problem. shocking i know. who would have ever thought to use a fullback and a running game to control a game?

Well if half the defense hadn't decided to pull a "Clowney" while waiting on their big NFL signing bonuses, it might have been a different outcome. Curtis Lofton played his *** off in that game. I wonder why he's such a good pro and some of those other not so much?

picasso
10/17/2013, 10:14 AM

Well yeah but giving them a short field and the momentum back was a dagger in the heart.
But hey, we should go full Mike Leach and just get rid of the punter.

Ruf/Nek7
10/17/2013, 10:22 AM
I hate everything after a loss. Just saying

Position Limit
10/17/2013, 10:30 AM
I hate everything after a loss. Just saying

losses wouldnt be so bad if they came at the hands of better teams. instead it's the same **** year after year after year...when stoops got here, he brought something the league and the ncaa as a whole had never really seen to the extent that stoops implemented it. it changed the landscape of the big12. and in a lot of ways college football for a few years. now other teams look to the future and implement CHANGE!!!!! good/decent defense with a strong running game wins championships. it's sooooo crazy but all the rage. but we stick with video game football. every year we have a stable full of running backs the go underutilized. expect for when demarco murray was here. oh yeah, we went to the championship game that year. bizzare....

70sooner
10/17/2013, 12:25 PM
hmm, I don't see anywhere I claimed I got drunk and passed out, but if that's what you got out of my reply, more power to ya...

BoulderSooner79
10/17/2013, 12:50 PM
losses wouldnt be so bad if they came at the hands of better teams....

Okay, looking at our remaining schedule which team qualifies as good enough that the loss wouldn't be so bad? None of them would be my guess if it happens. People always post stuff like that, but I never see a post after a loss that says "tip your cap, they were just better". If you look at all the pre-season predictions, they had OSU,OU,UT and Baylor at the top in various orders. Some even had the horns getting national attention. Could it be that teams are settling into their potential at mid-season? OU was always listed as the biggest question mark in the conference due to the QB position. Seems that question was the correct one.

PLaw
10/17/2013, 12:58 PM
Its like all the ****ing Idiots show up and start Fire "This Person" , Threads :twinkies:

Amigo, I hate losing (and especially to orange vermin) more.

Bummer

Curly Bill
10/17/2013, 07:41 PM

Let's see, someone watches the game and sees a bunch of players slobbering down their jersey fronts while they're getting bitch slapped by the opponent and calls a spade a spade...and they're koolaid drinkers?

Someone supports a coach and they're a koolaid drinker? Someone doesn't just pull the dummy card and automatically scream "fire coach xxxx" and they're a koolaid drinker? I guess I'd rather be a koolaid drinker than a complete dumbass.

You're so cute when you're all mad and stuff! ;)

Johnny Utah
10/17/2013, 09:04 PM

So you're saying it was both coaching and recruiting that contributed to the loss vs texas?

Johnny Utah
10/17/2013, 09:07 PM
Nothing like mixing it up with the Kool Aid crowd after a loss. It's great fun!

It's comparable to discussing politics with the pro 0bama crowd!

sooner46
10/18/2013, 12:24 AM
I guess I am a kool aid drinker because I am a Sooner Fan win or lose. Yes, I want to win. BOOMER SOONER all the way.

olevetonahill
10/18/2013, 12:37 AM
I guess I am a kool aid drinker because I am a Sooner Fan win or lose. Yes, I want to win. BOOMER SOONER all the way.

Good Point.
I think most of us want to enjoy the THRILL of victory to the fullest and suffer the agony of defeat with out being ridiculed and called Koolaid drinkers. Hell if these few that want to fire every body are so dayum smart why aint they Making the Big bucks?

I have no problem with someone pointing out mistakes But the constant harping grates a bit.

swardboy
10/18/2013, 08:28 AM
UT's bust for getting the high quality qb's in-state is becoming legendary. Someday, the odds demand it, they're going to land one or two of them. It has to happen. I'm not talking "Colt Mccoy" good, but a real NFL-starting caliber stud. This won't be a happy camp when that happens.