PDA

View Full Version : what a load of crapp...stoops on ut loss.

Soonerjeepman
10/14/2013, 04:25 PM
Stoops said Texas made four big plays that essentially won the game for the Longhorns - touchdown passes of 59 yards and 38 yards by Case McCoy to Marcus Johnson and Mike Davis, respectively, an 85-yard punt return for a touchdown by Daje Johnson and a 31-yard interception return by Chris Whaley.

What about the def pressure all game to FORCE those bad passes by Bell...just 4 plays...right.

Or the fact that they had 2 guys rush for 100+ yards therefor us biting on any play fake giving the pass a great look....

UGH~ and this little tid bit...

''I've talked to our guys about playing this week against Kansas,'' Stoops said. ''Everybody wants to project to the end of the year. We've been doing it for the last couple of weeks and you can't do it. All we can do is prepare to be as good as we can be for Kansas and that's it.''

WTH really? get tired of this talk all the time...anytime there is a loss it's "we didn't prepare or come out tough" then "we need to be tough every week"...ummm, I would think you'd know that.

I actually think it's humorous, and yes, I know we'll lose...just be honest as to why.

Jacie
10/14/2013, 04:52 PM
Sooners lost in every phase of the game, we got out-everythinged by sa*et.

A stat that would be telling is the whorns average yards on first down compared to OU's.

8timechamps
10/14/2013, 05:13 PM
He's not really wrong though. Take away the pick six and the punt return, and it's a 22-20 game. Take away the two big pass plays and it's 20-6.

Overall, we played like crap in just about every way. I thought the defense did a little better in the second half, but it wasn't enough.

8timechamps
10/14/2013, 05:15 PM
Stoops said Texas made four big plays that essentially won the game for the Longhorns - touchdown passes of 59 yards and 38 yards by Case McCoy to Marcus Johnson and Mike Davis, respectively, an 85-yard punt return for a touchdown by Daje Johnson and a 31-yard interception return by Chris Whaley.

What about the def pressure all game to FORCE those bad passes by Bell...just 4 plays...right.

Or the fact that they had 2 guys rush for 100+ yards therefor us biting on any play fake giving the pass a great look....

UGH~ and this little tid bit...

''I've talked to our guys about playing this week against Kansas,'' Stoops said. ''Everybody wants to project to the end of the year. We've been doing it for the last couple of weeks and you can't do it. All we can do is prepare to be as good as we can be for Kansas and that's it.''

WTH really? get tired of this talk all the time...anytime there is a loss it's "we didn't prepare or come out tough" then "we need to be tough every week"...ummm, I would think you'd know that.

I actually think it's humorous, and yes, I know we'll lose...just be honest as to why.

I watched both the post game and today's press conferences, and I guess I'm not taking it the way you're taking it. He didn't sugar coat anything, he made it pretty clear that we looked bad.

What would you prefer he said? He's never going to throw individual players under the bus (any good coach wouldn't do that), so I'm not sure what you're looking for.

SoonerKnight
10/14/2013, 05:33 PM
I agree. He is going to say we had a chance to win it and it did not happen. Actually we should have gotten that last chance to score. If we had scored game is closer!!! Much closer!! The thing is we were not the better team. Now Blake Bell has only been in what 4 games as a starter? You expect us to have a perfect season? What concerned me was he said that Bell throw a great deep ball!!! :eek:

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2013, 05:41 PM
He's not really wrong though. Take away the pick six and the punt return, and it's a 22-20 game. Take away the two big pass plays and it's 20-6.

Overall, we played like crap in just about every way. I thought the defense did a little better in the second half, but it wasn't enough.

That's certainly one way to look at it :)

The way I look at it is that both teams got a pick 6 and both teams had a long kick return that lead to another TD (theirs directly). So if you remove the special teams and defensive scores as being a wash, their offense outscored our offense 23-6. Give our offense a little more credit since they did have to finish the drive after the Finch KO return (but then you have to give UT more credit for taking their punt return to the house). You can win a lot of games if your defense gives up 23 points, but you won't win many if your offense only drives for a pair of FGs. With equal QB play, this would have been a very even game.

oupride
10/14/2013, 05:42 PM

fadada1
10/14/2013, 06:19 PM

that way of thinking is a black hole of disappointment. my old boss used to ask me how i played after a golf tournament. usually i'd say something like, "well, if it weren't for the 4th and 13th hole, i would have been even par." his response was usually, "well, you still have to count those holes... i guess."

we make ourselves sound like mack when we use those excuses - too much wind, not enough time, etc...

our coaches simply didn't have us ready to play. period.

cvsooner
10/14/2013, 06:34 PM
I think we lost that game to save Holakyle a lot of work on not having to put together highlights this week.

Maybe it's because my special unbeaten t-shirt for this season was inadvertently in the wash.

8timechamps
10/14/2013, 09:17 PM
that way of thinking is a black hole of disappointment. my old boss used to ask me how i played after a golf tournament. usually i'd say something like, "well, if it weren't for the 4th and 13th hole, i would have been even par." his response was usually, "well, you still have to count those holes... i guess."

we make ourselves sound like mack when we use those excuses - too much wind, not enough time, etc...

Eh, I'm not sitting around thinking about the "what if" scenario, but in response to the original post, Stoops is correct. As poorly as we played, it came down to a few big plays. They made them, we didn't.

I never think much about the "our coaches didn't have us ready to play" comments, because I have no idea what went on in practice last week, nor if our guys executed what was asked of them. The one thing I can say is that the offensive game plan (whatever it was), was simply not good enough. Otherwise, I can't say we weren't ready to play, because, like I said, I have no idea if that's true.

I still don't know what the OP wanted to hear in the press conference. Stoops didn't sugar coat anything. I thought he summed it up about as good as he could have.

Curly Bill
10/14/2013, 09:19 PM

Indeed!

SoonerKnight
10/14/2013, 09:20 PM
Eh, I'm not sitting around thinking about the "what if" scenario, but in response to the original post, Stoops is correct. As poorly as we played, it came down to a few big plays. They made them, we didn't.

I never think much about the "our coaches didn't have us ready to play" comments, because I have no idea what went on in practice last week, nor if our guys executed what was asked of them. The one thing I can say is that the offensive game plan (whatever it was), was simply not good enough. Otherwise, I can't say we weren't ready to play, because, like I said, I have no idea if that's true.

I still don't know what the OP wanted to hear in the press conference. Stoops didn't sugar coat anything. I thought he summed it up about as good as he could have.

Stoops said he thought Bell threw a nice deep ball!!! That is concerning cuz I have not seen it yet!!

8timechamps
10/14/2013, 09:24 PM
Stoops said he thought Bell threw a nice deep ball!!! That is concerning cuz I have not seen it yet!!

I thought he made pretty much every throw he needed to make against Tulsa. Then again, it was against Tulsa.

As for his deep ball, I thought the pass to Sheppard looked good, but I'm not sure if it was overthrown or if Shep stumbled.

Stoops sees him everyday in practice, if any one knows what kind of deep ball he throws, it's Stoops. I'd like to see him given the opportunity to throw it down field more, and hopefully that happens.

soonercastor
10/14/2013, 09:33 PM
As poorly as we played, it came down to a few big plays. They made them, we didn't.

This is false though, those big plays (except for the punt return) were a product of a bunch of other things; for example if they do rush all those yards then the play action pass unlikely to yield TD.
It's not like they were broken plays

Therealsouthsider
10/14/2013, 09:37 PM
...you can say 3 or 4 plays cost any game...just an excuse

ss

Soonerjeepman
10/14/2013, 09:39 PM
I don't expect stoops to throw anyone under the bus...nor do I expect the team to play perfect or great ball every game...not going to happen. What my post was trying to show is the ...."we can't think ahead" comments...but yet every week..."we are only focused on X".

They contradict each other. Even the players..."we have to be prepared every week in the big 12" "we weren't focused".

I totally disagree on the "4 big plays" as well. As a coach, I never pinpointed 1, 2, 3 or 5 plays...it's a collection of work. Our Off play was horrendous...which led to a tired Def..which gave up over 200 yrds rushing to 2 guys...it's a collection. Hell, I've even heard Stoops say that before when defending a players bad game."it's not just one play or one guy"...so which is it?

fadada1
10/14/2013, 09:45 PM

abso-freaking-lutely!!!!! if we use one of our tight ends (assuming we have one) against kansas, i'll belly-flop on pavement.

Therealsouthsider
10/14/2013, 09:49 PM
...Texas could say the same thing and would have beaten the Sooners by 40pts or more

ss

OU_Sooners75
10/14/2013, 10:05 PM
Come on guys.

Fact is Texas has better talent, just usually poorly coached.

They apparently treat the game as their Super Bowl. Everyone around the nation was disrespecting them.

They came out hungry. OU came out expecting UT to roll over.

It was a bad combination all around.

8timechamps
10/14/2013, 10:48 PM
I don't expect stoops to throw anyone under the bus...nor do I expect the team to play perfect or great ball every game...not going to happen. What my post was trying to show is the ...."we can't think ahead" comments...but yet every week..."we are only focused on X".

They contradict each other. Even the players..."we have to be prepared every week in the big 12" "we weren't focused".

I totally disagree on the "4 big plays" as well. As a coach, I never pinpointed 1, 2, 3 or 5 plays...it's a collection of work. Our Off play was horrendous...which led to a tired Def..which gave up over 200 yrds rushing to 2 guys...it's a collection. Hell, I've even heard Stoops say that before when defending a players bad game."it's not just one play or one guy"...so which is it?

I think you misinterpreted Stoops. If you go back and listen to his comments, when he said "We were doing that..." (regarding looking ahead), I took it as "you", the media have been looking ahead. I didn't take it as the coaches or players were looking ahead to the end of the year. i think it was his wording.

I know you can't pull out 3 or 4 plays from a game, and blame just those plays. My point is that there were two plays that were HUGE (the pick 6 and the punt return), and could be contributed as absolute factors in the loss.

I don't know what you guys want to hear from Stoops (not trying to single you out SoonerJeep). If he doesn't talk to the media or allow open practice, he's being an ***. If he does talk, then he's not saying the "right" things.

I listened to both press conferences, and went away thinking "yep, that pretty much sums it up". Then again, I'm not trying to analyze what he's saying.

8timechamps
10/14/2013, 10:50 PM
...you can say 3 or 4 plays cost any game...just an excuse

ss

Okay, what did you not hear that you wanted to hear? We were horrible on 3rd down conversion? Bell was inaccurate? The offense played poorly? The defense didn't stop the run? Stoops said all of those things.

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2013, 11:00 PM
Come on guys.

Fact is Texas has better talent, just usually poorly coached.

They apparently treat the game as their Super Bowl. Everyone around the nation was disrespecting them.

They came out hungry. OU came out expecting UT to roll over.

It was a bad combination all around.

I mostly agree with this. Can't really comment on their hunger or OU expecting them to roll over. That's just unprovable speculation.

But the horns do have better talent, at least their D-line. They were winning in the trenches and it wasn't because of any fancy game plan. It was physical superiority. And in other areas of the game, they were at least our equal talent wise. It's tough to game plan around a fundamental disadvantage like that. A good coaching staff will compensate to lessen the advantage and I fully expect that from our coaches. And I don't think we got that in this game. But throw in the disparity in QB play, and the chasm really widens and the coaches are very limited in what they can do. No one wants to admit the horns just may be better, plain and simple. We'll find out soon enough if the horns put together a streak or return to their early season form.

Sooner70
10/15/2013, 06:23 AM
Finally got up enough to watch Stoops' taped show last nite. Yep, Texas had some big plays that if erased, would've made it closer & within reach. Bob gave credit where it was due & was again forthright in his assessment. Sooners just didn't get it done.

I live in Texas & can say that as much bad press & Longhorn fan wrath that Mack Brown is getting, I think this game was as much "win one for the Clapper" on the part of the players as anything. Texas has always had the talent & potential, and say what you will, Mack Brown's players love Mack Brown. Brown sticks by his players to a fault.. always has.....the recent Mike Davis (unjustified) cut block at Iowa State is the latest example. They hate to see their coach embattled like this. "Won one for the Clapper"

PrideMom
10/15/2013, 08:30 AM
It was watching the indecision on the 4 yard line, and getting called for a delay of game, pushing OU back another five on the fourth down. That touch down could have gotten us within one touch down with 4 minutes to go. Unfortunately, this type of offense is not a quick strike, and when you get behind it is almost impossible to catch up. Nothing was working right that day. But three wins out of four against Texas isn't too shabby. Also, they say Dallas is a neutral site, but I have never bought into that!!! Still I would not trade the experience of that game for anything! I always have fun no matter what.

Soonerjeepman
10/15/2013, 10:22 AM
Believe me, I trust stoops, I've loved the way OU is no longer the program it once was (illegal issues)...he deals with those quickly and correctly.

It just hit me wrong the way it seemed he was thinking...which I have no idea...but to say it was 4 big plays was not true. Maybe the writer took it wrong, but it was quoted. Then the next paragraph he made the comment about thinking ahead and apparently the coaches were doing that as well as the players.

I thought a year or 2 ago he got a little fire in the belly again...the year didn't go as expected...we'll see how it goes this year. I will add, the fact that we have 2 D starters go out and get the ball rammed up the hole doesn't look good...we didn't use to miss starters, back-ups were just as good. I know, Shipp is now gone but Stoops is still the main guy and how long was Shipp here...?.. it's not just a one yr issue.

above all....BOOMER SOONER!

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2013, 11:48 AM
It just hit me wrong the way it seemed he was thinking...which I have no idea...but to say it was 4 big plays was not true. Maybe the writer took it wrong, but it was quoted. Then the next paragraph he made the comment about thinking ahead and apparently the coaches were doing that as well as the players.

I don't think what he says publicly after a game, especially a loss, has any connection to what he really thinks or believes. He is obligated to speak and he's not in a very good mood. I'd probably be surly in a similar situation and say stuff just to pizz people off.

SoonerKnight
10/15/2013, 11:53 AM
Stoops loves the media!!! HA!! Bad mood indeed sir that is what happens!

Ruf/Nek7
10/15/2013, 12:05 PM
I do not find anything wrong with his comments. I feel as though this is a comment many coaches make, including myself. I tell my players, often times, that the game could be lost or won in just 5 plays. It could be a penalty. A turnover. A big run or pass. Or a special teams TD.

It is football.

"It is what it is."

8timechamps
10/15/2013, 05:55 PM
Believe me, I trust stoops, I've loved the way OU is no longer the program it once was (illegal issues)...he deals with those quickly and correctly.

I thought a year or 2 ago he got a little fire in the belly again...the year didn't go as expected...we'll see how it goes this year. I will add, the fact that we have 2 D starters go out and get the ball rammed up the hole doesn't look good...we didn't use to miss starters, back-ups were just as good. I know, Shipp is now gone but Stoops is still the main guy and how long was Shipp here...?.. it's not just a one yr issue.

above all....BOOMER SOONER!

Stoops has been very guarded all year when asked "how good is this team", "is this a special team". etc. He's consistently said things like "We'll see". He hasn't set any crazy expectations, and he's been consistent in saying that the coaches and players are working as hard as possible to get better. Even after a painful loss, I have no reason to think otherwise.

You can't forget, regardless of our record going into the Texas game, we are a very young team, and there were so many questions coming into this season. Some have been answered, but there are still many that remain. This year was always a rebuilding year. However, the way it started may have caused many to forget that.

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2013, 06:09 PM
Stoops has been very guarded all year when asked "how good is this team", "is this a special team". etc. He's consistently said things like "We'll see". He hasn't set any crazy expectations, and he's been consistent in saying that the coaches and players are working as hard as possible to get better. Even after a painful loss, I have no reason to think otherwise.

You can't forget, regardless of our record going into the Texas game, we are a very young team, and there were so many questions coming into this season. Some have been answered, but there are still many that remain. This year was always a rebuilding year. However, the way it started may have caused many to forget that.

After the ND game, he was asked about the team as he was leaving the field. He said it was "a work in progress" or something to that effect. He's not nearly as surly after a win.

soonersweetie
10/15/2013, 09:05 PM
I get really tired of the obligatory coach speak after a loss. Look, Coach, we know what happened. We watched it, we were yelling like crazy banshees at the tv while the lines didn't block/tackle, when receivers dropped balls and when Blake looked lost.

What I (and many Sooner fans) want to know is what are you going to do to FIX IT! Show up at your weekly press conference and say look, we didn't do this well, so here's what we're going to do to fix it. Then, do it. You guys are smart. You recruit great talent. Yet, more times than not, they aren't prepared or they don't play a very good game or they were just not playing well that day....NOT ACCEPTABLE! Not against tx, kansas or any other team.

Ok, off my soapbox. Just get so tired of hearing the same regurgitated crap.

8timechamps
10/15/2013, 09:41 PM
I get really tired of the obligatory coach speak after a loss. Look, Coach, we know what happened. We watched it, we were yelling like crazy banshees at the tv while the lines didn't block/tackle, when receivers dropped balls and when Blake looked lost.

What I (and many Sooner fans) want to know is what are you going to do to FIX IT! Show up at your weekly press conference and say look, we didn't do this well, so here's what we're going to do to fix it. Then, do it. You guys are smart. You recruit great talent. Yet, more times than not, they aren't prepared or they don't play a very good game or they were just not playing well that day....NOT ACCEPTABLE! Not against tx, kansas or any other team.

Ok, off my soapbox. Just get so tired of hearing the same regurgitated crap.

So, you want the coach to tell everyone exactly what they're doing to correct things they think are wrong? And you want him to do this through the media? Think about that for a minute.

As for the coach speak, I get tired of that too, however, that's on the media for asking the same, tired questions.

As for "more times than not, they aren't prepared...", um, we're 5-1.

soonersweetie
10/16/2013, 05:59 PM
I understand the idea of not telling everyone what we are doing. That's just my emotions speaking and not my brain. However, it's just maddening.

And, I should have been more specific when I said "...they aren't prepared..." for the "on the national stage, in the limelight, the country's watching you" kind of games.

8timechamps
10/16/2013, 06:38 PM
I understand the idea of not telling everyone what we are doing. That's just my emotions speaking and not my brain. However, it's just maddening.

And, I should have been more specific when I said "...they aren't prepared..." for the "on the national stage, in the limelight, the country's watching you" kind of games.

Fair enough.

I know that a lot of what gets posted after a loss is emotional, I was just unsure about the comments.

As for the "limelight" kind of games, all I can say is that OU has won 3 of the past 4 RRR. That's a pretty good record. I know this one hurt, but I don't think it's a sign of underlying issues. I think there were some issues, but I also believe Stoops addressed those in the off season.

cvsooner
10/16/2013, 06:52 PM
Some very enlightening comments from Texas players in this report (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--texas-helps-mack-brown-s-job-security-with-upset-of-oklahoma-233133953.html):

"...the talk on the way back out to the field for the third quarter was anything but complacent.

"Foot on the throat, man!" offensive guard Mason Walters said in the tunnel. "Foot on the throat!" ...

"Look at this [expletive]!" yelled defensive tackle Desmond Jackson at the yawning sections at one end of the Cotton Bowl as the clocked ticked down in the fourth quarter. "Take your [expletive] home!"

That raw emotion was the exact opposite of the feeling in the locker room following last year's blowout loss here. It was then that the Longhorns seethed and vowed to change this rivalry.

"A bunch of people were mad," said defensive tackle Chris Whaley, who had the play of the game with a pick-six off Oklahoma quarterback Blake Bell that put Texas ahead to stay. "We said we gotta get everything turned around and play as one."

That's the sanitized version.

"It was embarrassing," said Texas defensive end Jackson Jeffcoat. "It shouldn't happen. We should never let that happen. We were out-physical'd and it was a slap in the face."

From that moment until Saturday, this game wasn't far from anyone's mind in Austin. Offensive guard Trey Hopkins said he thought about Oklahoma during every offseason workout and every last rep of every squat.

"Definitely there was an edge today, from three years of losing," he said. "The worst experience I had at school was here. It can't happen again. These were ridiculous games. This is a game I hated."

The praise goes to the players for their commitment to "go out and punch them in the mouth the whole game," in the words of Whaley. And to offensive coordinator Major Applewhite for an aggressive game plan that sent a message even when it failed (like a pass on fourth and short). And defensive coordinator Greg Robinson, who has the Longhorns tackling in space better than they have in recent memory.

The question is: Where has this team been? This is the Texas everyone imagines under the hypothetical next coach: hungry, disciplined, angry. "It's crazy," defensive back Carrington Byndom said. "Some weeks it's there, some weeks it's not."

Talent has never been an issue for Texas; it's been will and technique. For some reason, those ingredients have waned in key moments, or for entire games. "I guess our minds just got to us," defensive tackle Malcom Brown said of past losses. "We just had to be physical from the get-go."

Suddenly, on Saturday, the 'Horns looked fearsome. Two Texas running backs, Johnathan Gray and Malcolm Brown, rushed for more than 100 yards each. Asked the last time his team had been that physical, the head coach had to think for a few seconds.

"Been a while," he said. "This is as well as we've run the ball against them since '05."

....really the whole team played Saturday without the confusion and tentativeness of weeks past. Blitzes worked, making Bell look downright skittish in the pocket. Deep routes worked – not to the extent that they should, but enough to throw the Sooners off. Special teams worked, with a 50-yard field goal and an 85-yard punt return that left an Oklahoma player so frustrated that he unleashed a haymaker at a Texas blocker. Most important, blocking schemes worked. "We needed to come out with an edge," Byndom said. "With high intensity. With presence."

cvsooner
10/16/2013, 06:54 PM
I think we walked into a whirlwind. If Stoops and Co. are at blame for anything it's for not convincing their players how up Texas would be for this game. Thought it would be easy, and the roof caved in. That's my final take.

Beat Kansas and win out is all I can say.

BoulderSooner79
10/16/2013, 07:35 PM
I don't think for a second OUr guys we not up for this game or they thought it would be easy. And all those horn player comment were after the game or after the 1st half when things were going well. I'm sure they had the same feelings 2 years ago after getting whipped and it made zero difference last year. The only thing that determined this game was how it was played on the field Saturday. If we had won the game, all that talk horn talk about how mad they were after last year would have gone silent. Revisionist history is easy.

cvsooner
10/16/2013, 07:56 PM
Revisionist history or not, there was a clear difference in player attitudes late in the first quarter. It only went downhill from there. Stoops like to approach games like a business trip; there are times it's got to be more than that.

BoulderSooner79
10/16/2013, 08:11 PM
Sure, those attitudes reflected how the game was going. The horns had a good plan to attack our weaknesses and the players to pull it off. And it was obviously working at that point. Reverse the situation, the attitudes reverse. Players aren't dumb, they know if they are behind because of a few random plays that could easily be reversed or if there is a fundamental game plan disadvantage and it might be a long day.

ashley
10/17/2013, 07:07 AM
Our problems start with the QB and the defensive front.

C&CDean
10/17/2013, 08:43 AM
Anyone blaming the coaches for this year's UT debacle are a) stupid, b) blind, and c) retarded.

There wasn't a damn thing wrong with the playcalling, the schemes, or pretty much anything else coaching related.

This loss is on the players. 100%. They pulled a longwhorn. They quit. They pussed out. They crapped their chaps. The pissed their britches. They got their dicks knocked in the dirt. They were dominated. They were UT's bitches. End of story.

If our players don't have enough pride, guts, and determination to get up for a game like this then they need to go sign up for intramural soccer or something.

engineer24
10/18/2013, 01:37 PM
I mostly agree with this. Can't really comment on their hunger or OU expecting them to roll over. That's just unprovable speculation.

But the horns do have better talent, at least their D-line. They were winning in the trenches and it wasn't because of any fancy game plan. It was physical superiority. And in other areas of the game, they were at least our equal talent wise. It's tough to game plan around a fundamental disadvantage like that. A good coaching staff will compensate to lessen the advantage and I fully expect that from our coaches. And I don't think we got that in this game. But throw in the disparity in QB play, and the chasm really widens and the coaches are very limited in what they can do. No one wants to admit the horns just may be better, plain and simple. We'll find out soon enough if the horns put together a streak or return to their early season form.

Talent is not the determining factor, although it certainly helps.

I rewatched the OU/Texas 2000 game and the Texas DL that day had Cory Redding, Shaun Rogers, and Casey Hampton on it. They were drafted in rounds 1, 2, 3 and all are still playing in the league as far as I know. The OU OL had a bunch of no name guys like Frank Romero who never sniffed a down in the league. Yet in spite of that, the OU OL absolutely dominated the Texas DL.

Talent is a big advantage, sure. But talent alone doesnt decide games. A bunch of mediocre guys can outplay All Americans if properly motivated.

Take a look at the BYU/Texas and Ole Miss/Texas games. Texas has far more talent than either of those teams yet they got dominated in the trenches.

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2013, 11:35 PM
Anyone blaming the coaches for this year's UT debacle are a) stupid, b) blind, and c) retarded.

There wasn't a damn thing wrong with the playcalling, the schemes, or pretty much anything else coaching related.

This loss is on the players. 100%. They pulled a longwhorn. They quit. They pussed out. They crapped their chaps. The pissed their britches. They got their dicks knocked in the dirt. They were dominated. They were UT's bitches. End of story.

If our players don't have enough pride, guts, and determination to get up for a game like this then they need to go sign up for intramural soccer or something.

And anyone that thinks there wasn't anything wrong with the play calling is a) stupid, b) blind, and c) retarded.

The Texas loss wasn't 100% on the players. To even suggest that is a) stupid, b) blind, c) retarded.

Who was the one that kept calling the plays that weren't working? Was that on the players? Who was the one that went away from what worked until Texas was able to stop it? Wasn't the players.

I suppose it was the players that put together an offensive game plan that didn't include zone read option plays? That didn't include roll outs, flares, middle screens? Was it the players that didn't design any run/pass options?

What is even more perplexing is that when the coaches actually called a middle screen it went for good yardage. When they actually called a play action out of the diamond formation it went for good yardage.

I also guess it was the players inside the 5 that decided to not get the play called in, so they would receive a 5 yard delay of game penalty?

Apparently you didn't pay attention to the game.