PDA

View Full Version : Typical...for all those folks that say the welfare folks are just tryin to get by..

Soonerjeepman
10/14/2013, 04:19 PM
Guess I grew up with a different set of morals. BOTH the people abusing and Wal-mart...I hope they get sued by the gov.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/14/computer-glitches-causes-public-assistance-frenzy/

Jacie
10/14/2013, 04:46 PM
Once shoppers realized the problem had been resolved, they abandoned their carts and fled the stores.

The greediest ones waited too long to checkout and had to abandon their "free" loot.

cleller
10/14/2013, 05:28 PM
The government giving money to people is such a great idea.

Can't imagine why the Founding Fathers didn't think of it right off the bat. Guess they were just a bunch of out of touch idiots.

Sooners78
10/14/2013, 06:10 PM
everyone of them should immediately lose their benefits.

TitoMorelli
10/14/2013, 07:53 PM
I found this interesting, don't know whether it's accurate:

When I read John McWhorter’s superb Losing the Race: Self-Sabotage in Black America, I learned something I hadn’t known before. Outside of the Jim Crow South, in the years leading up to the Civil Rights movement, black people were very slowly, but still steadily, moving into the middle class. They had stable nuclear families, with working fathers. The Civil Rights movement should have accelerated this trend by removing barriers to black employment.

But something happened at the same time as the Civil Rights movement, and that “something” was Johnson’s Great Society. Burdened by white guilt, and holding welfare checks, well-meaning whites fanned out through black communities and told black men to stop working. Black men had been slaves for too long, they said, and it was time for the government to pay them back. When the men spoke of pride, and manliness, and responsibility, they were told not to let their pride stand in the way of getting what was “owed” them.

The result was inevitable: black men quickly became useful only for sex and procreation. The government stepped in as the family breadwinner. Women with children didn’t have to rely on a man who might do everything from drinking and beating her to leaving the toilet seat up, and men were able to get sex without the burden of fatherhood. Blacks became the only minority group in America that was perpetually mired in the lowest societal echelons.

http://www.bookwormroom.com/2013/10/13/obamacare-come-join-the-welfare-state/

cleller
10/14/2013, 08:00 PM
I found this interesting, don't know whether it's accurate:

When I read John McWhorter’s superb Losing the Race: Self-Sabotage in Black America, I learned something I hadn’t known before. Outside of the Jim Crow South, in the years leading up to the Civil Rights movement, black people were very slowly, but still steadily, moving into the middle class. They had stable nuclear families, with working fathers. The Civil Rights movement should have accelerated this trend by removing barriers to black employment.

But something happened at the same time as the Civil Rights movement, and that “something” was Johnson’s Great Society. Burdened by white guilt, and holding welfare checks, well-meaning whites fanned out through black communities and told black men to stop working. Black men had been slaves for too long, they said, and it was time for the government to pay them back. When the men spoke of pride, and manliness, and responsibility, they were told not to let their pride stand in the way of getting what was “owed” them.

The result was inevitable: black men quickly became useful only for sex and procreation. The government stepped in as the family breadwinner. Women with children didn’t have to rely on a man who might do everything from drinking and beating her to leaving the toilet seat up, and men were able to get sex without the burden of fatherhood. Blacks became the only minority group in America that was perpetually mired in the lowest societal echelons.

http://www.bookwormroom.com/2013/10/13/obamacare-come-join-the-welfare-state/

Does that piece sound inaccurate? Of course not.

The truth is the Democratic party and welfare have been devastating to the black race, and black families in particular. To deny this is pure idiocy, and against all the facts.

Yet anyone who challenges the system is branded racist. The Dems are hurtfully racist in the highest order, but too selfish, righteous, and naive to admit it.

Curly Bill
10/14/2013, 09:48 PM
If blacks were allowed to try and become self-sufficient and support themselves and their families they might not be so certain to vote donk, no way the donks and their social do-gooder allies allow that to happen.

Soonerjeepman
10/14/2013, 09:52 PM
as Charles Barkley said...blacks been voted democrat for 60 years and their still poor...

olevetonahill
10/15/2013, 12:46 AM
What is the common denominator?

HMMMMMMM Let me think.

http://www.obxconnection.com/outer-banks-forum/images/upload/pvqetjrvz5G_looter11.jpg

badger
10/15/2013, 09:40 AM
I admittedly had a similar story once --- Dave and Busters just opened in town and one of their machines was not charging our punchcard for plays. I was continually swiping the card with no deduction, while NP was constantly feeding the machine with all of the tokens I was handing him. We weren't even waiting for the crane push to go backwards --- it was just constantly feeding the game --- tokentokentoken.

Anyway, the machine quickly ran out of yellow tickets (many others got on to the act just because it was hilarious what was happening), so a clueless attendant refilled the machine... then quickly realized that things were horribly wrong, so they yanked the plug. Bawwwww. Fun over? No, someone else turned it back on and the token train continued.

and then, the plug was re-yanked. I fully expected D&B's to have their hand out for our ill-gotten yellow tickets, but no, for some reason, they let us keep our massive ticket string... probably because they knew that 1,000 tickets would only get us a sparkly bouncing ball, or they were afraid of causing a scene?

With that silly arcade story in mind, I understand totally what happened here. You mean they're not charging us food?! FREE FOOD! They yanked the plug?! Awwww. Oh well. Bye.

Soonerjeepman
10/15/2013, 10:27 AM
There is a BIG difference...I know you are just adding your input, but they are getting the food FREE to begin with. I'm sure you were NOT the one to replug in the machine..?...

badger
10/15/2013, 10:43 AM
There is a BIG difference...I know you are just adding your input, but they are getting the food FREE to begin with. I'm sure you were NOT the one to replug in the machine..?...

No, we were all just fascinated with a clearly broken arcade machine and fully expected them to not honor any of the hundreds of yellow tickets they were dispensing.

I was just reminded of that when I saw this story, that's all. I definitely do not think these people were going for the same challenge we were, but I'm sure it would have been fun if there were no victims --- see how much free food you can grab in two hours while competing with hundreds of others and only one cart! However, should you exceed the two hour time limit, you get NOTHING that you have collected! Dare you go for just a bit more free food? Or proceed to the checkout line (if you can navigate the crowded aisles) as soon as possible?

It would make a fun gameshow. Definitely not cool for all the Walmart employees that had to restock or throw away ruined produce/frozen food/etc.

Soonerjeepman
10/16/2013, 03:46 PM
lol...reminds me of that game show a long time ago...you had 5 minutes to get the most $$ in food...ugh, what was the name..?..

cleller
10/16/2013, 04:54 PM
Yesterday my mom received a letter (at my brother's house) from the VA saying that they are planning to cut off her VA survivor benefits on Dec 1 because she has not returned a form regarding her marital status. My dad died while in the Air Force after a career in the Army, Army Air Corps, then USAF after WWII.

My mom is 91 and in a nursing home. There was absolutely no such form/request sent to her. No way my brother or I would have missed this.

Now, surely we will get this straightened out, but its is still upsetting to think about and deal with. Sure, she's been receiving the VA benefit for a long time, but its no different that a pension from lots of employers, public and private.

Just burns me to think of people like these welfare types grabbing what they can while pensioners are treated this way.

(that game show was Supermarket Sweep. Had to look it up.)

Turd_Ferguson
10/16/2013, 05:54 PM
Can't remember if it was here or in some other state, but I remember when the DL's started coming with the magnetic strip on the back...well, some wise guy decided to swipe it at a gas pump and it let him fill up. He told somebody who told somebody and soon, peeps were filling up left and right. However, 7/11 or whoever it was quickly found out the gas pump was saving the info off of everybody's DL's, which turned out to be their DL #. SUCKA'S!!!!!

FaninAma
10/16/2013, 07:48 PM
as Charles Barkley said...blacks been voted democrat for 60 years and their still poor...
As is every group who sells out to the siren call of federal government dependency.

8timechamps
10/16/2013, 08:17 PM
Can't remember if it was here or in some other state, but I remember when the DL's started coming with the magnetic strip on the back...well, some wise guy decided to swipe it at a gas pump and it let him fill up. He told somebody who told somebody and soon, peeps were filling up left and right. However, 7/11 or whoever it was quickly found out the gas pump was saving the info off of everybody's DL's, which turned out to be their DL #. SUCKA'S!!!!!

The first thing I thought about after reading this story, was how dumb would one have to be not to realize the card can easily be traced back to the buyer. But, we do live in a country full of absolute morons...as your story reminded me.

rock on sooner
10/16/2013, 08:54 PM
It is clear that most who post in this thread are fortunate enough to not have
to worry about their next meal or about being turned down for a job that they're
qualified for (but are too old, too young, too black, too brown, not legal) or are
not qualified for but can't get help to get qualified. While there are many who
game the system, just because they can, there just as many who don't game it
but need the help.....lessee, WIC, SNAP, county help (many different acronyms)...

Having been a boy in southern OK eating powdered potatoes, drinking powdered
milk, eating peanut butter and a lousy imitation of Velveeta and watching the welfare
queens pick up their monthly allotments while driving their new Caddies and listening
to my parents (a decorated WWII vet and a slightly disabled mom) talk about how can
they do that....I have sympathy for those that need the help and have nothing but disgust
for those who paint ALL those in need with the same "deadbeat" brush. The majority of
those in need would like to not be and most that I know are trying to be better.

I spend some of my time packaging food for kids that have to be on free/reduced lunches
at their schools. I deliver food packages for them on Fridays so they have some decent
nourishment on the weekends and can come to school in a little better shape to learn. My
fear is that there are many who slip through the cracks and are unable to get along. Many
of these are immigrants (LEGAL, so get that idea out of your heads) relocated because of
droughts, famine, wars and many other issues that not one of us has to face.

My younger days were hard but I and my siblings worked at it and we got better. It serves
no useful purpose to denigrate all for the sins of a few. Jus sayin....

cleller
10/16/2013, 10:22 PM
Seems pretty clear to me who we are denigrating. The sorry excuses that took/stole/exploited/thieved like outlaw criminals at the drop of a computer chip.

The government has created generations hapless unmotivated leeches with the overuse of these programs.

At some point humans need to understand that procreating results in having to feed and provide for your offspring, rather than expecting your incredibly indebted Uncle Sam to hand you a debit card.

Just for the record, I was denied a job for being too white. At OU, no less.

olevetonahill
10/16/2013, 10:39 PM
Hey Rock, Can you explain why ANY one in this country goes hungry? ANYONE?
If people are to ****in lazy to go get in line Why do you feel the need to Hand carry free food to them and then I bet ya spoon feed em also dont ya?

rock on sooner
10/17/2013, 08:08 AM
Hey Rock, Can you explain why ANY one in this country goes hungry? ANYONE?
If people are to ****in lazy to go get in line Why do you feel the need to Hand carry free food to them and then I bet ya spoon feed em also dont ya?

Vet, I don't have any explanation for hunger in this country. There are a
number of different reasons that some have..."single mom" at home while
dad is serving comes to mind, "single mom refugee" (husband killed in
African civil conflict) comes to mind, "Single mom" whose husband is in
prison comes to mind, young woman recently released from prison trying
to find work but can't get hired because of employment gap comes to mind,
husband and wife and kids (both parents in uniform) at the Food Bank because
gov't screws up their pay comes to mind. These are all real examples. No, Vet,
I don't spoon feed them. If those kids didn't get the food packages on Friday,
they most likely go hungry for the weekend, for any number of reasons. We
see measured improvements in those kids' learning when they get the help.
Those kids' parent(s) work either at low paying full time jobs with no health benefits
or two and three parttime jobs with no health benefits. Why do I feel the need?
I guess I have a soft spot for kids, who through no fault of their own, are in tough
situations. What I do is small in comparison to the need (although I handled
1200 pounds of food twice, yesterday, in and out of my vehicle so my back thinks
that it wasn't so small). In some measure, the help might make it possible for
those kids to not fall through the cracks.

olevetonahill
10/17/2013, 08:30 AM
Vet, I don't have any explanation for hunger in this country. There are a
number of different reasons that some have..."single mom" at home while
dad is serving comes to mind, "single mom refugee" (husband killed in
African civil conflict) comes to mind, "Single mom" whose husband is in
prison comes to mind, young woman recently released from prison trying
to find work but can't get hired because of employment gap comes to mind,
husband and wife and kids (both parents in uniform) at the Food Bank because
gov't screws up their pay comes to mind. These are all real examples. No, Vet,
I don't spoon feed them. If those kids didn't get the food packages on Friday,
they most likely go hungry for the weekend, for any number of reasons. We
see measured improvements in those kids' learning when they get the help.
Those kids' parent(s) work either at low paying full time jobs with no health benefits
or two and three parttime jobs with no health benefits. Why do I feel the need?
I guess I have a soft spot for kids, who through no fault of their own, are in tough
situations. What I do is small in comparison to the need (although I handled
1200 pounds of food twice, yesterday, in and out of my vehicle so my back thinks
that it wasn't so small). In some measure, the help might make it possible for
those kids to not fall through the cracks.

All of those instances you cited are covered by Food stamps. So why is there still a Need?
If the Parents arnt feeding the Kids Take the dayum kids from em and sterilize the sorry bastards

Its Because they are either TOO ****in lazy to even stand in line for free food or they trade said Food (Stamps) for 50 cents on the dollar to buy Cigarettes, Booze, drugs etc.

badger
10/17/2013, 08:55 AM
I am kind of surprised with the meddling Michelle Obama is doing with school lunch programs that we haven't seen more meddling with the food stamp program.

Concerned about healthy eating about among kids and their families? Don't give away food stamps, just give them the food you want them to eat! No telling what problems will arise out of that, but you won't see people buying ice cream and soda with food stamps, nor will you see people exchanging food stamps for cash if they don't exist.

One concern might be that kids will not get enough to eat this way or refuse to eat what is provided for them. Heh, sounds a lot like these reformed school lunches.

olevetonahill
10/17/2013, 09:01 AM
I am kind of surprised with the meddling Michelle Obama is doing with school lunch programs that we haven't seen more meddling with the food stamp program.

Concerned about healthy eating about among kids and their families? Don't give away food stamps, just give them the food you want them to eat! No telling what problems will arise out of that, but you won't see people buying ice cream and soda with food stamps, nor will you see people exchanging food stamps for cash if they don't exist.

One concern might be that kids will not get enough to eat this way or refuse to eat what is provided for them. Heh, sounds a lot like these reformed school lunches.

Badj Prior to the explosion of Food Stamps Each county gave away Commodities , Cheese, Peanut butter, Powdered milk etc. Also in the early spring they gave away Garden seeds and expected you to use em.
If the little bastards refuse to eat it then They aint ****ing HUNGRY are they?

badger
10/17/2013, 09:09 AM
If the little bastards refuse to eat it then They aint ****ing HUNGRY are they?

I have used this logic often while dieting. It's why something that used to repulse me - avocado - is now on every veggie sandwich I order. Slimy and green stuff healthy? Dammit!

rock on sooner
10/17/2013, 10:56 AM
All of those instances you cited are covered by Food stamps. So why is there still a Need?
If the Parents arnt feeding the Kids Take the dayum kids from em and sterilize the sorry bastards

Its Because they are either TOO ****in lazy to even stand in line for free food or they trade said Food (Stamps) for 50 cents on the dollar to buy Cigarettes, Booze, drugs etc.

I don't know the exact amount of food stamps that a recipient gets but
most don't have enough to last. Yes, I know what some buy and what
some trade for and it angers me. I also know how expensive food is
now...I shop four different markets, use coupons, don't buy name brands
when I can get private label (good quality) instead. The sequester and
the farm bill being held up doesn't help the issue.

Last I checked forced sterilization is against the law and taking the kids
from the parents would put an even greater strain on the system. Vet,
I get your frustrations and on some of the things you aren't too far off
base. My motivation still is about the kids...some of the parents move
them from place to place, school to school, when others helping them can
no longer do it.....the kids are still hungry and need help!

Des Moines seems to be a magnet for a number of different ethnicities to
congregate. The high school that is about a mile from my home had 33,
33!, different languages spoken in their graduating class this past spring.

I don't the answer to a lot of this but I know the need exists and in some
small way I intend to help.

Soonerjeepman
10/17/2013, 12:04 PM
I had a young woman, maybe 19/20...22. Stop me in the parking lot of Aldi's. She was dressed decent, clean, hair clean, etc. Started out with the usual, "sorry to bother you sir...." finished up with she just lost her job, etc. Asking for money. I calmly told her, "you're in luck...Aldi's is hiring, just saw the flyer in the store. $11.50 an hour, FULL TIME"...she just walked away. I watched her...didn't even go in. Headed to Hyvee, across the street to pander.

THAT is a problem. People don't WANT to work.

badger
10/17/2013, 12:08 PM
I had a young woman, maybe 19/20...22. Stop me in the parking lot of Aldi's. She was dressed decent, clean, hair clean, etc. Started out with the usual, "sorry to bother you sir...." finished up with she just lost her job, etc. Asking for money. I calmly told her, "you're in luck...Aldi's is hiring, just saw the flyer in the store. $11.50 an hour, FULL TIME"...she just walked away. I watched her...didn't even go in. Headed to Hyvee, across the street to pander.

THAT is a problem. People don't WANT to work.

Working at Aldi's would be awesome --- you don't have to bag groceries, your employee discount would make already cheap food even cheaper and if you end up pushing back carts, you'll get a quarter per cart you push!

Aldi's for the win. Everytime we had a canned food drive for OU band, guess which store we headed to in order to stretch funds :)

Soonerjeepman
10/17/2013, 12:10 PM
I shop aldis, price chopper and rarely Hyvee....only for sales. peas, are peas...I'm on a budget.
Bought my meat from a buddy's ranch in neb.

** working...yeah, you don't sack the groceries, don't get up (sit down) and people usually aren't there for the service. I am amazed at the number of folks going there...didn't use to be so busy, now it's packed.

olevetonahill
10/17/2013, 01:24 PM
I don't know the exact amount of food stamps that a recipient gets but
most don't have enough to last. Yes, I know what some buy and what
some trade for and it angers me. I also know how expensive food is
now...I shop four different markets, use coupons, don't buy name brands
when I can get private label (good quality) instead. The sequester and
the farm bill being held up doesn't help the issue.

Last I checked forced sterilization is against the law and taking the kids
from the parents would put an even greater strain on the system. Vet,
I get your frustrations and on some of the things you aren't too far off
base. My motivation still is about the kids...some of the parents move
them from place to place, school to school, when others helping them can
no longer do it.....the kids are still hungry and need help!

Des Moines seems to be a magnet for a number of different ethnicities to
congregate. The high school that is about a mile from my home had 33,
33!, different languages spoken in their graduating class this past spring.

I don't the answer to a lot of this but I know the need exists and in some
small way I intend to help.

Average according to Google is in the area of 150 bucks PER person a month, Dont know about you but I dont spend that much on food a month, Course I eat Country, so a Food dollar goes a LONG way
I dint mean to imply Forced sterilization on all of em. Just those worthless mother****ers that have Kids then wont feed em while using the Food stamps and WIC to support drug habits and ****.

rock on sooner
10/17/2013, 01:51 PM
Average according to Google is in the area of 150 bucks PER person a month, Dont know about you but I dont spend that much on food a month, Course I eat Country, so a Food dollar goes a LONG way
I dint mean to imply Forced sterilization on all of em. Just those worthless mother****ers that have Kids then wont feed em while using the Food stamps and WIC to support drug habits and ****.

I agree with you about the irresponsible chicks that spread 'em without
regard to the end result...there orta be sumpin for the horny SOB's that
stalk those chicks, too. There are more than a few of both out there!
Having said that, the kids that come along don't deserve to be abandoned.

olevetonahill
10/17/2013, 02:02 PM
I agree with you about the irresponsible chicks that spread 'em without
regard to the end result...there orta be sumpin for the horny SOB's that
stalk those chicks, too. There are more than a few of both out there!
Having said that, the kids that come along don't deserve to be abandoned.

Why I said Take em away and Do some snippin on the breeders! Easy Oh and DONT give the Breeders ANY handouts. Let the mother ****ers starve out or find a Job. Plus make it Open season on thieves!

Turd_Ferguson
10/17/2013, 07:43 PM
When I was a kid, our cabinets could have nothing but flour, lard, cheese and a pack of Pall Mall's in it and I could go to bed with a full stomach...

rock on sooner
10/17/2013, 08:36 PM
Welp, dunno bout the cigs but a little flour with water, dropped into hot
lard would make a dumpling of sorts. Hot outa the grease and rolled in
shredded cheese or cheese chunks could be filling, so guess I can go along
with that.

That said, stuff I remember from age 5 on where I lived would make for a
helluva story...two er three steps up from Tom Joad...till about 12 er 13....

Rogue
10/19/2013, 02:14 PM
Badger's story fits, when the system glitches, people take advantage. Across all demographics regardless of perceived moral fiber or good raisin'.

It's amazing to me that people continue to believe that the poverty class is there by choice and because they just don't try hard enough. I think it's related to the reaction to POTUS' "you didn't build that" (usually taken out of context" comment on opportunity and advantages some enjoy.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/19/2013, 06:05 PM
everyone of them should immediately lose their benefits.
Agree, but the Leftist wont let that happen, they need the stupid and ignorant to vote for them...

TheHumanAlphabet
10/19/2013, 06:08 PM
Why I said Take em away and Do some snippin on the breeders! Easy Oh and DONT give the Breeders ANY handouts. Let the mother ****ers starve out or find a Job. Plus make it Open season on thieves!
We need to chemically castrate people and they need approval to procreate. Otherwise, this country will be overrun by ignorant and stupid people with no morals or compass. A la Idiocracy.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/19/2013, 06:11 PM
Badger's story fits, when the system glitches, people take advantage. Across all demographics regardless of perceived moral fiber or good raisin'.

It's amazing to me that people continue to believe that the poverty class is there by choice and because they just don't try hard enough. I think it's related to the reaction to POTUS' "you didn't build that" (usually taken out of context" comment on opportunity and advantages some enjoy.
Rogue, two things. They are there by choice because the government makes it easy for them to live like that and two, the people for the most part are not from nuclear families, have no moral compass and do not have the education or intelligence to get a job.