PDA

View Full Version : I used to be a KD fan

mhackl
10/14/2013, 12:27 PM
He initially congratulated UT on the win, which is perfectly understandable, but he should have stopped while he was ahead.

https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/s720x720/1381365_725040734176190_441908015_n.jpg

Peeb
10/14/2013, 12:29 PM
That's gotta be a fake. No one is that stupid as to say that about their fan-base.

mojorisen2014
10/14/2013, 12:30 PM
He wasn't lying

Soonerjeepman
10/14/2013, 12:31 PM
lol...yup OU did on saturday...

badger
10/14/2013, 12:37 PM
It's all in good fun. If it really bothers you, don't buy his merchandise and sh!t.

SeattleOUstudent
10/14/2013, 12:39 PM
Are you really getting upset that he supports his beloved UT? Seriously? "OU Sucks" is UT support rhetoric. Come on, get over it.

ousooners182
10/14/2013, 12:57 PM
Eh whatever. Let him support his college. Its a rivalry, lets not all get butthurt over him saying the word sucks lol

SoonerKnight
10/14/2013, 01:07 PM
He went to UT what do you expect?

Statalyzer
10/14/2013, 02:03 PM
Maybe it's different because Los Angeles is a long way from Austin, but if Blake Griffin said "Texas sucks" I doubt anybody would have a problem with it.

FaninAma
10/14/2013, 02:07 PM
Who is Kevin Durant and what team does he play for?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/14/2013, 02:20 PM
Eh whatever. Let him support his college. Its a rivalry, lets not all get butthurt over him saying the word sucks lolWho would be surprised:surprise: if Durant was aware and approved of the reality that pro sports detract from local colleges.

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2013, 02:26 PM
Okies will all love KD once he starts poring in 30pts per game.

Position Limit
10/14/2013, 02:40 PM
could the op be a little more of a vag?

picasso
10/14/2013, 02:49 PM
I doubt he ever even attended class at UT.
Let him have his fun.

sooneron
10/14/2013, 08:04 PM
You will hear OU sucks more from ut fans than you will hear "h e h". And yet, we're the ones that are fixated...

Collier11
10/14/2013, 08:24 PM
Who GAF? Seriously...it is his #1 rival from college, get over it...Should Demarco Murray say he loves ut because he plays for the Cowboys?

sooneron
10/14/2013, 08:40 PM
Until he wins a championship, **** him. He's always gone out of his way to be dooshy about OU. I'd love to see the transcripts from his years (*snicker) at UTerus.

It looks like he removed it. Maybe he is as smart as he looks... heh

bluedogok
10/14/2013, 11:39 PM
Might be hard to get "years" worth of transcripts since he was one and done there.

No big deal, just giving people crap over the loss. Not much different than any other fan or ex-player.

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2013, 11:40 PM
Might be hard to get "years" worth of transcripts since he was one and done there.

And hoops season is over before the end of spring semester. He only had to endure fall studies.

SOONER44EVER
10/15/2013, 01:16 AM
KD has done nothing but praise our city and state since he got here. He's done more with his own money for the metro area than any one single person I can think of. He treats the Thunder fans and the public in general with respect and courtesy. He doesn't get caught with drugs or beating up women. I think he is a graet guy and ambassador to Oklahoma and if he says OU SUCKS every day it's his God given right. We need more people like Kevin Durant in this state and less people that bitch about stupid insignifigant stuff.

stoopified
10/15/2013, 06:34 AM
Maybe it's different because Los Angeles is a long way from Austin, but if Blake Griffin said "Texas sucks" I doubt anybody would have a problem with it.Yeah but if he did it while playing for the Spurs,Mavs orRockets the sh!t would hit the fan

Sooners78
10/15/2013, 08:26 AM
Have to agree with the OP on this one. Just not a smart thing to say. But, I don't watch the NBA anyway. Even though I'm from here and we now have a major sports team, I just can't get into what the NBA has become. As far as I'm concerned, it's not even a legitimate sport.

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2013, 08:33 AM
Yeah but if he did it while playing for the Spurs,Mavs orRockets the sh!t would hit the fan

And then he would do a monster dunk over a hated rival player and all would be forgiven.

Wishboned
10/15/2013, 09:15 AM
KD has done nothing but praise our city and state since he got here. He's done more with his own money for the metro area than any one single person I can think of. He treats the Thunder fans and the public in general with respect and courtesy. He doesn't get caught with drugs or beating up women. I think he is a graet guy and ambassador to Oklahoma and if he says OU SUCKS every day it's his God given right. We need more people like Kevin Durant in this state and less people that bitch about stupid insignifigant stuff.

I agree. He has no ties to any of the universities here other than playing for their biggest rival. If he said the state of Oklahoma sucks I'd have an issue with that, but I respect him for staying loyal to the school he played for.

mojorisen2014
10/15/2013, 09:53 AM

I agree. He has no ties to any of the universities here other than playing for their biggest rival. If he said the state of Oklahoma sucks I'd have an issue with that, but I respect him for staying loyal to the school he played for.yes and yes

jkjsooner
10/15/2013, 10:21 AM
It's all in fun. Don't take it so seriously.

10/15/2013, 10:43 AM
Yeah but if he did it while playing for the Spurs,Mavs orRockets the sh!t would hit the fanTrue, and those aren't even where UT is located. It's even worse for Durant to sound off Sooner hatred while playing for a team right in OU's home town.

stoopified
10/15/2013, 11:56 AM
True, and those aren't even where UT is located. It's even worse for Durant to sound off Sooner hatred while playing for a team right in OU's home town. OU is no more in OKC than UT is in Dallas,San Antonio or Houston.

10/15/2013, 06:49 PM
OU is no more in OKC than UT is in Dallas,San Antonio or Houston.technically correct. Practically incorrect. However you want to look at it, it seems like he should be able and willing to STFU about bad-mouthing a college team that appeals to half his own fan base. His behavior knocks down a lot of enthusiasm I would otherwise feel for the Thunder franchise.

Collier11
10/15/2013, 06:54 PM
Some of you sound like children...seriously. Can you really not separate a college rivalry with a pro athlete? You all sound like the same ones that bitch and whine about NFL players who list their highschool during introductions rather than OU

10/15/2013, 07:07 PM
Pro franchises are detrimental to local college programs, anyway. FWIW.

Collier11
10/15/2013, 07:18 PM
that it is, but mostly only to our hoops program which couldn't sell out with Blake Griffin in town anyway. So does it really matter, lol

yermom
10/15/2013, 08:00 PM

let's not get carried away here

sooneron
10/15/2013, 08:32 PM
Some of you sound like children...seriously. Can you really not separate a college rivalry with a pro athlete? You all sound like the same ones that bitch and whine about NFL players who list their highschool during introductions rather than OU

We sound like children? Really? I have no issue with him saying "yay we beat them", "great win" or "whook'em", but saying "OU sucks" is ****ing childish for a public figure that that is basically broadcasting it over twitter. I consider it stupid when OU is 17 miles from where he earns a living.

CowboyMRW
10/15/2013, 08:45 PM
Why not post what the Moody guy said in his previous tweet?

Collier11
10/15/2013, 09:09 PM
We sound like children? Really? I have no issue with him saying "yay we beat them", "great win" or "whook'em", but saying "OU sucks" is ****ing childish for a public figure that that is basically broadcasting it over twitter. I consider it stupid when OU is 17 miles from where he earns a living.

Yes, you sound childish. If that really bothers you that much then I feel bad for you

sooneron
10/15/2013, 09:21 PM
It doesn't bother me that much, just enough that if someone brings it up, I'll chime in. That is the purpose of a message board, right? He's always acted dooshy towards OU - the flag football game at osu and the stuff he said there... Maybe HE needs to move on. Again, if you are a public figure, act with a little class. I know plenty of ut people that MAY say "OU sucks" to me in jest, but they wouldn't publicly. They've moved beyond it at this point. How much time did he spend on campus? 18 months?

Collier11
10/15/2013, 09:53 PM
So lets just talk about your main points in that last post...

1: Attitude towards OU- whether we like it or not, whether he was at ut for 1 year or 6, he is a longhorn and loves his alma mater. He has every right to trash talk OU. As long as he doesn't say something tasteless, why should it matter? (and no, I don't think OU sucks is tasteless)

2: Football game at osu- If you remember, KD tweeted out something like "anything going on, im bored" or something similar and the guy sent him a message saying he could play flag football. This as during the lock out so he drove up there and played some football. I invited him to come play in my church hoops league but he didn't respond :D

3: When you say move on, how exactly does he move on? That is his alma mater...don't you say texas sucks or osu sucks, or something similar? If that is dooshy in your book, then I cant imagine what you think of your fellow soonerfans.com buddies who want to call for a different coaches head every single week on here and whine and cry about how OU football has ruined their life as a grown *** man because they lost a game

SOONER44EVER
10/15/2013, 10:14 PM
let's not get carried away hereCarried away how? What did I say that isn't true?

sooneron
10/15/2013, 10:21 PM
So lets just talk about your main points in that last post...

1: Attitude towards OU- whether we like it or not, whether he was at ut for 1 year or 6, he is a longhorn and loves his alma mater. He has every right to trash talk OU. As long as he doesn't say something tasteless, why should it matter? (and no, I don't think OU sucks is tasteless)

One alma mater is usually a school or institution that one has graduated from. He has every right, however, more than half the people paying to see him play home games are probably OU fans/alums. I call that a little dumb for biting the hand that feeds you. Yes, he could play anywhere for serious bank, but he's in Oklahoma. I don't consider it tasteless, it's fun between friends AS I STATED ABOVE. Publicly goes back to dumb. It was obviously so awesome of him to tweet it that he felt nothing wrong by doing it, yet he deleted it. hmm

2: Football game at osu- If you remember, KD tweeted out something like "anything going on, im bored" or something similar and the guy sent him a message saying he could play flag football. This as during the lock out so he drove up there and played some football. I invited him to come play in my church hoops league but he didn't respond :D

Were you in Norman? Cuz someone suggested Norman when he said he was bored and he said something to the effect of "No way". He chose the garden spot of Stoolwater. He has also said something else to the effect in the past. I think it be a pattern of dooshy. MY OPINION.

3: When you say move on, how exactly does he move on? That is his alma mater...don't you say texas sucks or osu sucks, or something similar? If that is dooshy in your book, then I cant imagine what you think of your fellow soonerfans.com buddies who want to call for a different coaches head every single week on here and whine and cry about how OU football has ruined their life as a grown *** man because they lost a game

Let's see here... alma mater, covered that.
Like I said, between friends - fun or whatever. Broadcasting it... different story.

I think SF posters can be childish as well, I occasionally call them out on it.
We differ on opinion. Why are you trying to change mine? Not gonna happen,
not gonna get on his dick..
feel free to...

10/16/2013, 12:27 AM
We sound like children? Really? I have no issue with him saying "yay we beat them", "great win" or "whook'em", but saying "OU sucks" is ****ing childish for a public figure that that is basically broadcasting it over twitter. I consider it stupid when OU is 17 miles from where he earns a living.Rocket science it ain't.

Collier11
10/16/2013, 06:28 PM
One alma mater is usually a school or institution that one has graduated from. He has every right, however, more than half the people paying to see him play home games are probably OU fans/alums. I call that a little dumb for biting the hand that feeds you. Yes, he could play anywhere for serious bank, but he's in Oklahoma. I don't consider it tasteless, it's fun between friends AS I STATED ABOVE. Publicly goes back to dumb. It was obviously so awesome of him to tweet it that he felt nothing wrong by doing it, yet he deleted it. hmm

Were you in Norman? Cuz someone suggested Norman when he said he was bored and he said something to the effect of "No way". He chose the garden spot of Stoolwater. He has also said something else to the effect in the past. I think it be a pattern of dooshy. MY OPINION.

Let's see here... alma mater, covered that.
Like I said, between friends - fun or whatever. Broadcasting it... different story.

I think SF posters can be childish as well, I occasionally call them out on it.
We differ on opinion. Why are you trying to change mine? Not gonna happen,
not gonna get on his dick..
feel free to...

Not trying to change yours, I just think that anyone who feels it was over the top are being over the top themselves...maybe childish was too strong, over the top is more accurate. As for whether half of his fans are Sooners or not...I am sure he probably figured that most are level headed enough to know that he said that not as a dig towards his fans, but as a dig towards his biggest college rival

yermom
10/16/2013, 07:22 PM
I'd respect him less if he faked support for OU

OU sucks is hardly over the top.

As far as I'm concerned Texas will always suck. Even if I'm in Austin I'm still going to say it