PDA

View Full Version : After RE watching the game today.............

85Sooner
10/12/2013, 10:43 PM
This is not a negative “rant” it is a factual “rant”.
Just finished watching the debacle in Dallas again. It confirmed what I have been thinking for a long time and right NOW I am wishing I were a Longhorn fan. Because OU has the same syndrome the Longhorns have… but they have not recognized it yet.......Won't bother to gripe...those who know, see it too...they have for a few years.... the patterns, the numbers do not lie and the spin cannot be supported any more. It has nothing to do with the talent on the field. OU has the talent to win championships! Those boys play their hearts out and do what they are told. Things will continue as they have in the past.....until the fans and (REGENTS) finally recognize and are no longer happy with being 2nd, 3rd, 4th best…IN THE CONFERENCE. Being a Champion is about an attitude.
Had hope in 2000 that it was the new coaching change that made the difference, but was skeptical because of one thing Bob Stoops said. He said...(when recruiting Heupal out of Jr College) that Josh, asked HIM if they had a chance to win a national title. Bob said he was surprised by the question and by reflex told him to answer "yes". THAT told me that Stoops did not believe they could despite his words when he took the job. NOW….don’t get mad at me… I think Bob Stoops restored the program to respectability and I believe he is a winner..but I also believe he is a politician and a person who thinks along the lines of Jerry Jones rather than Nick Saban.

That situation…psychologically, told me a lot. It is the players attitude that wins. It is an attitude that works, that finds a way, that finds a way to overcome and win. THAT was the OU Sooners in 2000....and seems to be the natural, every day, feeling at LSU, Alabama, etc. The BIG 12????? They have become the "pretty conference"..they put up pretty numbers against weak opponents TO GET TO "THE" game...... and hope that odds will work out... (they don't) which has been revealed by OU's Bowl record in the past decade.

OU will be OU..but it is NOT Barry Switzers OU…….It is under the leadership of mediocrity in a mediocre conference…. The leadership of the University has accepted that, the fans have been blinded that actually Bob Stoops has a worse record than Gary Gibbs did..but yet they/we still support him.. and the players know better than all of us……………… OU is the Big 12 Bully….. Beats up on weaker talent and thrusts its chest out to say WE ARE POWERFUL AND THE BEST…. Then we get to games against BIG TALENT and ………. Cower in the losses. NOW YOU’RE MAD AT ME….Think I am a bad fan… a sunshine fan…. But I would ask you….go look at the record. The things I am saying are true and beyond repute.

OU Won the Natl Championship in 2000 and has played for it 3 more times to bad losse. The SEC , despite what Stoops says ..is the dominate conference.
I know Bob ( the gambler) Stoops…has denied that but the fact are the facts. Bob was PRAISED by everyone by winning the Natl Championship in 2000 in his second year… WOW..he was KING…. Now we have the former Coach at OSU who has won 2 National Championships since then. Nick Saban has won more with different teams in that period…….and Bob (the gambler) Stoops has become Bob (the predictable) Stoops. The media has loved him but ……
I really admire Mike Gundy at OSU… HE has the winning attitude and HE will eventually get there.
Bob is on the same page as Mack…does not seem to want to change and so OU is getting a preview of their future in the performance of the Longhorns in the past few years. Todays game was about a bunch of talented guys backed up against a wall…… against a bunch of guys who have won the last three games were heavily favored and felt as though, all they had to do was show up. That is what we saw today.

Mack will be gone next year….. Bob will still be doing the same as Bob has been doing..IF OU fans are OK with that …fine……..Mediocre it is.

achiro
10/12/2013, 11:00 PM
You are out of you mind.

SoonerKnight
10/12/2013, 11:55 PM
You lost your mind 85! Jesus H Christ!!! Texas treated this game like a bowl game! Mack admitted he had been planning for this game since January!! So Texas a school with whole lot of talent came out kicking and they won! Will it happen next year? No!

Now I do not remember when we finished last or middle of the conference!

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 11:59 PM
I'm not gonna totally discredit what 85 is saying, as I do think the program is flawed and that it starts at the top.

There is however no question that he is out of his mind, and we know that because he chose to re-watch that debacle! ;)

SCOUT
10/12/2013, 11:59 PM
I am glad you are getting use out of your "Jumping to Conclusions" mat.

Rogue
10/13/2013, 12:03 AM
2 key injuries on defense cost us huge. That and the (lack of) QB play.

Therealsouthsider
10/13/2013, 12:08 AM
...In 2000 Stoops caught lightning in a bottle and cashed in. I doubt he will repeat that level of success again, he's free to prove me wrong, I've been waiting 13 years.

ss

SoonerKnight
10/13/2013, 12:11 AM
No program can win all of their games when was the last time Saban went undefeated?

bluedogok
10/13/2013, 12:13 AM
There is however no question that he is out of his mind, and we know that because he chose to re-watch that debacle! ;)
I've known him since elementary school, he's just a glutton for punishment.

Curly Bill
10/13/2013, 12:13 AM
No program can win all of their games when was the last time Saban went undefeated?

I know he's won what... 3 NC's since we have??

yermom
10/13/2013, 12:43 AM

SOONER44EVER
10/13/2013, 12:44 AM
4 after this year.

SoonerKnight
10/13/2013, 02:46 AM
Yeah he did but not undefeated and with an ESPiN machine's help!! The fact is he loses games all good coaches do!

Okie35
10/13/2013, 05:15 AM
4 after this year.

Oregon is winning but yea the SEC cheats and if we need to do that now I'm all for it.

yermom
10/13/2013, 08:01 AM
4 after this year.

4 after last year... LSU lost to Florida that year, so they weren't undefeated then either though

cleller
10/13/2013, 09:40 AM
How many "hang your head"-type losses has Saban had that jump to mind?

yermom
10/13/2013, 09:45 AM
Hawai'i comes to mind

how about Texas in 2002? :D

OU_Sooners75
10/13/2013, 10:02 AM
2 key injuries on defense cost us huge. That and the (lack of) QB play.

I would say one hurt us more than the other!

That injury was Jordan Phillips.

Dom Alexander had 17 tackles to lead the team. Yes he made a few mistakes, but Texas never broke a big run for a score.

I honestly thought the Defense played well enough to win the game had the offense did its part.

yermom
10/13/2013, 10:07 AM
i don't disagree with that. especially with all the field goals the had

cleller
10/13/2013, 01:17 PM
Hawai'i comes to mind

how about Texas in 2002? :D

So, about 1 bad loss for Saban in the last decade? That sound about right?

How many could we count for the Sooners in the last decade? 10 times that many? Not saying bounce Bob yet, but he in no way compares to Saban in putting away the competition, and avoiding embarrassment.

SoonerorLater
10/13/2013, 01:34 PM
Don't forget Louisiana Monroe and a loss to an average South Carolina team. Oh and Saban dropped one to Utah also. That Utah team was pretty decent but Alabama was a heavy favorite in the game

engineer24
10/13/2013, 02:15 PM
...In 2000 Stoops caught lightning in a bottle and cashed in. I doubt he will repeat that level of success again, he's free to prove me wrong, I've been waiting 13 years.

ss

I agree. Stoops is not capable of bringing this team back to a reasonable chance of winning an NC. Sure we might make the NC game again, but we will never beat an SEC team in the title game. If we played those SEC teams 100 times in the NC games we would lose all 100 of them.

Johnny Utah
10/13/2013, 02:34 PM
I agree. Stoops is not capable of bringing this team back to a reasonable chance of winning an NC. Sure we might make the NC game again, but we will never beat an SEC team in the title game. If we played those SEC teams 100 times in the NC games we would lose all 100 of them.

I hate to agree with you but wonder why you think so?

too much of a "finesse" culture?
lack of focus on controlling the lines of scrimmage?
failure to commit to the complimentary style of offense and defense that is proven to win NCs?
lack of focus on developing backups or critical depth?
playing in a weak conference?

Like Joe Walsh ... "I'm just lookin' for clues at the scene of the crime".

Piware
10/13/2013, 02:57 PM
You are tougher than I am 85. No way was I going to watch that disaster again!

bluedogok
10/13/2013, 05:04 PM
So, about 1 bad loss for Saban in the last decade? That sound about right?

How many could we count for the Sooners in the last decade? 10 times that many? Not saying bounce Bob yet, but he in no way compares to Saban in putting away the competition, and avoiding embarrassment.
Saban is not walking through the Switzer Center door to move into the head coaches office. Saban had a lot of embarrassing losses before he was at Bama, especially in his first 15 years as head coach. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Stoops moved on, even back when the talk was about the Cleveland Browns job but I don't expect it to happen now. It is what it is....

soonerhubs
10/13/2013, 05:20 PM
I may be drinking koolaid, but I think Stoops et al. are building something special in Norman. They're slowing down the offense and shaping up the defense. They aren't there, yet. However, I see the makings of a special set of seasons.

My only caveat is that this philosophy parallels Saban's. Saban did this with lots of oversigning, and I'm not sure Stoops can get that.

aurorasooner
10/13/2013, 05:44 PM
I may be drinking koolaid, but I think Stoops et al. are building something special in Norman. They're slowing down the offense and shaping up the defense. They aren't there, yet. However, I see the makings of a special set of seasons.

My only caveat is that this philosophy parallels Saban's. Saban did this with lots of oversigning, and I'm not sure Stoops can get that. Obviously they're slowing down the offense. It couldn't get any slower than yesterday. As far as ""oversigning, I'd settle for just some quality signings in the trenches.
Stoops is between a rock and a hard spot with his coordinators as far as friends and family. Saban probably would still be chewing on his OCs azz if the Tide OC would've come out with an abortion such as we did yesterday.
I'm glad someone is drinking the kool-aid, because I just don't see anything but more of the same, whipping up on the lesser-talented teams followed by an occasional good win over a talented team when we get the early breaks, followed with a totally embarrassing unexplainable loss or 2 mixed in.
Then we go to a bowl game, and while other staffs work their azzs off and come out with a quality game plan, our staff takes the holidays off before the final recruiting push, and craps the bed in the bowl game.

Johnny Utah
10/13/2013, 07:23 PM
Obviously they're slowing down the offense. It couldn't get any slower than yesterday. As far as ""oversigning, I'd settle for just some quality signings in the trenches.
Stoops is between a rock and a hard spot with his coordinators as far as friends and family. Saban probably would still be chewing on his OCs azz if the Tide OC would've come out with an abortion such as we did yesterday.
I'm glad someone is drinking the kool-aid, because I just don't see anything but more of the same, whipping up on the lesser-talented teams followed by an occasional good win over a talented team when we get the early breaks, followed with a totally embarrassing unexplainable loss or 2 mixed in.
Then we go to a bowl game, and while other staffs work their azzs off and come out with a quality game plan, our staff takes the holidays off before the final recruiting push, and craps the bed in the bowl game.

I have to agree with you here. Otherwise why wouldn't things have changed years ago?

soonerhubs
10/13/2013, 07:39 PM
If this team doesn't commit the stupid mistakes that got them in the hole, early on, the offense could have chewed up the clock, making it much easier on the defense.

It's not there yet, but I see what they're trying to do, and I don't think it's a bad change from the past 3 (or so) years of video game offenses.

You're correct, Aurora. There's a dire need for improved recruiting.

sooneron
10/13/2013, 08:21 PM
I really thought this was going to be a GBCW thread. Hilarious. A recruit asks him as he has just taken over a program that went 3-8 and he had reservations about winning a title in 2 years? LOL! Yeah, that's Bob's measuring stick, he's afraid OR he's a realist... I don't love Bob, but this is high comedy.

JLEW1818
10/13/2013, 08:27 PM

sooneron
10/13/2013, 08:31 PM
I love how everyone names one coach when bitching about Bob. ONE Coach. Nick is a great coach or the best cheater evar. He is the best for a while now, but name other coaches that are so much awesomer than Bob. Once again, I ask this as being someone that doesn't love Bob.

Curly Bill
10/13/2013, 08:57 PM
This improved recruiting you guys speak of, and no doubt it's needed, but how do we do that when our coach/team has a national perception as chokers? I don't know which all big-time recruits were there yesterday, but they couldn't have been impressed with what they seen.

Curly Bill
10/13/2013, 08:58 PM
I love how everyone names one coach when bitching about Bob. ONE Coach. Nick is a great coach or the best cheater evar. He is the best for a while now, but name other coaches that are so much awesomer than Bob. Once again, I ask this as being someone that doesn't love Bob.

I'd take Art Briles or Gary Patterson either one over Bob right now. That's 2 just from within our own conference.

85Sooner
10/13/2013, 09:21 PM
AGREED WITH ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

85Sooner
10/13/2013, 09:27 PM
So, you all have had your chances to attack me.....fine, but I have been watching Sooner Football for over 45 years and do not feel one bit sorry for my observations............. OU is and always be a great school and football team...but IF they want to be the powerhouse they have been in the past, Bob Stoops, at least the Bob Stoops we have seen for the past 7 years will not be the answer. I wish, have hoped and prayed he would see the light but I really believe that he is a coach in search of a team that will play HIS was rather than a Coach who evaluates what he has and finds a way to win...... success does that to a person..so there is no blame other than not being able to recognize that fact and make the changes nessesary...but 4-5 million a year whether you win or lose wil do that to a fella.

Johnny Utah
10/13/2013, 09:50 PM
So is the overriding "sentiment" here a fear that OU is headed down the same road as Texas?

Curly Bill
10/13/2013, 09:56 PM
So is the overriding "sentiment" here a fear that OU is headed down the same road as Texas?

No, but I think we're likely to stay mired in that good but not great range of teams.

DBrown
10/13/2013, 10:47 PM
How many "hang your head"-type losses has Saban had that jump to mind?
Losing to Auburn 28-27 in 2010....still got a mad-on about that one,his first season at Tuscaloosa was his worst one. His first game in the newly expanded Tiger Stadium
was LSU's HOMECOMING GAME......the opponent??? 1st year Division 1 UAB......the score UAB 13-LSU 10 in overtime....the opposing coach??? Watson Brown!
Things are cyclical sometime,the key is to be on the upside of that cycle more than the downside.
There needs to be more emphasis on controlling the line of scrimmage and being focused on building that depth and experience......don't be afraid to copy what works
elsewhere (to a point) but don't be afraid to be a trendsetter once in a while either....to sum it up.....WORK HARDER,WORK SMARTER....the results are already seen
elsewhere......the BIBLE even supports that with a "WHY SIT WE HERE TILL WE DIE?" where some lepers decided to TAKE ACTION DESPITE GREAT ODDS.
We've been there before,we can be there again.....the key is FINISH!

olevetonahill
10/13/2013, 10:49 PM

What the hell does "Sentiment" from a message board have to do with anything?

DBrown
10/13/2013, 10:52 PM
Oh,one game lost in that first season featured a 9/11/01 photo on one side of him,with a picture of the scoreboard on his other side.

Johnny Utah
10/13/2013, 10:54 PM

From Merriam Webster:
a : an attitude, thought, or judgment prompted by feeling : predilection
b : a specific view or notion : opinion

olevetonahill
10/13/2013, 11:06 PM

From Merriam Webster:
a : an attitude, thought, or judgment prompted by feeling : predilection
b : a specific view or notion : opinion
Well thank you Mr ****in Idiot.
I ask again WHT the **** does this Board have to do with How well we play?

How much does THIS message board or for that fact Any message board have to do with how well a Team plays ?

Peeb
10/13/2013, 11:07 PM

Quoted for truth. If one thinks that the UT debacle can be explained away as 'lack of swagger' or 'desire' or some other 'sentiment' from players, coaches, or ESPECIALLY message board fans, then I say dream on- that's not what caused that mess.

And to the original poster- OU has some wonderful talent, but NOT the across-the-board depth and overall embarrassment of riches available in the good old days. Those 70's and 80's squads- wow was that an awesome collection of power and skill. Those teams were dominant.

Johnny Utah
10/13/2013, 11:20 PM
Well thank you Mr ****in Idiot.
I ask again WHT the **** does this Board have to do with How well we play?

How much does THIS message board or for that fact Any message board have to do with how well a Team plays ?

Stay classy S/E OK.

And I think / hope we all know the answer to your message board question. So I ask ... What do you think the purpose of this message board is???

DBrown
10/13/2013, 11:26 PM
Major Applewhite was the OC for Saban at Alabama in Saban's first season at Alabama.

cleller
10/14/2013, 07:26 AM
Saban is not walking through the Switzer Center door to move into the head coaches office. Saban had a lot of embarrassing losses before he was at Bama, especially in his first 15 years as head coach. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Stoops moved on, even back when the talk was about the Cleveland Browns job but I don't expect it to happen now. It is what it is....

For the record, nobody was advocating trying to lure Saban here. A few folks had mentioned that Saban loses games, too. I was merely pointing out that in recent memory, Saban hardly equates to Stoops in terms of laying eggs in big games.

jkjsooner
10/14/2013, 08:56 AM
This improved recruiting you guys speak of, and no doubt it's needed, but how do we do that when our coach/team has a national perception as chokers? I don't know which all big-time recruits were there yesterday, but they couldn't have been impressed with what they seen.

We have a perception of being chokers mainly because we've lost three consecutive national title games. Well, 2/3 were against the SEC and if we're chokers against the SEC in national title games then the rest of the country is as well.

I know we didn't play well against USC. That is the only national title game where we didn't come to play. In the two SEC games we came in not nearly 100% yet we made a game of them. Our NC games against the SEC were a hell of a lot better than Ohio State's.

There were lesser games where we didn't play well. Boise State always comes to mind but we weren't a great team that year. That OU team really got lucky to win the conference that year. Talent wise we were probably 3rd or so in the conference. Why don't we give Bob credit for taking that team to a BCS bowl? Paul Thompson missed some plays that could have put the game away but that was who Paul Thompson was.

The WVU game was bad. I'll give you that one.

My biggest problem is that every time we lose it all of a sudden becomes a big game that we choked in. When we beat Miami, FSU (twice), Notre Dame, Texas, or even a good OSU team it wasn't a "big game." When we win a BCS game (UCONN) it doesn't count.

A part of me hopes you guys get your way and Stoops moves on. I think there's about a 95% chance you will regret it if that happens.

picasso
10/14/2013, 09:55 AM
It's funnier than hell that you compare the present landscape to the days of Switzer and in the same breath say we just beat up on cupcakes in our conference. I guess you've conveniently forgotten how terrible the Big 8 was back in the day despite the occasional scare from KU, Mizzou and Colorado.

PrideMom
10/14/2013, 10:09 AM
The REASON we LOVE college football is because it is so unpredictable! If there were no such thing as and upset, no one would want to watch. I was thrilled to see Stanford lose to Utah, that Missouri beat Georgia, and Kansas State gave Baylor everything they had, and Ole Miss should have beat Texas A&M. And I watched the Penn State/ Michigan game with that crazy finish. I do not like to see OU lose ANYTIME, but maybe this is a wake-up call for everyone to realize you have to BRING IT in every game. ALL teams want to beat OU. I was concerned with team attitude at the TCU game, and very uneasy going into the game......

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2013, 11:09 AM
The REASON we LOVE college football is because it is so unpredictable! If there were no such thing as and upset, no one would want to watch. I was thrilled to see Stanford lose to Utah, that Missouri beat Georgia, and Kansas State gave Baylor everything they had, and Ole Miss should have beat Texas A&M. And I watched the Penn State/ Michigan game with that crazy finish. I do not like to see OU lose ANYTIME, but maybe this is a wake-up call for everyone to realize you have to BRING IT in every game. ALL teams want to beat OU. I was concerned with team attitude at the TCU game, and very uneasy going into the game......

Have you not being reading this board? We HATE that college football is unpredictable. We want the COMFORT of knowing that OU will have 50 on the board by halftime so the young stars get some PT in the 2nd. We want to HANG OUR HATS on the inevitable fact that all our hated rivals will choke big time to some lowly bottom dweller on national TV. We pray these things of the mighty football gods. AMEN.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/14/2013, 11:29 AM

The leadership of the University has accepted that, the fans have been blinded that actually Bob Stoops has a worse record than Gary Gibbs did.

OU Won the Natl Championship in 2000 and has played for it 3 more times to bad losse.

I know Bob ( the gambler) Stoops…has denied that but the fact are the facts. Bob was PRAISED by everyone by winning the Natl Championship in 2000 in his second year… WOW..he was KING…. Now we have the former Coach at OSU who has won 2 National Championships since then. Nick Saban has won more with different teams in that period…….and Bob (the gambler) Stoops has become Bob (the predictable) Stoops. The media has loved him but ……

I really admire Mike Gundy at OSU… HE has the winning attitude and HE will eventually get there.

Stoops has a worse record than Gibbs? Not sure what you could be talking about. I liked Gibbs BTW.

OU has had one bad loss in a championship game. Two of the losses were meh and luck plays a big part in that. Some of that luck- Playing LSU in the Sugar Bowl and Florida in the Orange Bowl. A healthy Jason White would have been nice. A healthy DeMarco Murray would have been nice.

The SEC has looser rules, over signing, greyshirting, and it is in a fantastic recruiting area.

As far as OSU and their rocketship to stardome, I think that you should wait and see what the NCAA violations do to that program. Bob has been pretty good about keeping this program solid and clean.

I just want to see tough play out of our lines. The O line is improving. We are seeing less injury there. That's a big plus.

ashley
10/14/2013, 11:52 AM
Just finished watching the debacle in Dallas again. It confirmed what I have been thinking for a long time and right NOW I am wishing I were a Longhorn fan. Because OU has the same syndrome the Longhorns have… but they have not recognized it yet.......Won't bother to gripe...those who know, see it too...they have for a few years.... the patterns, the numbers do not lie and the spin cannot be supported any more. It has nothing to do with the talent on the field. OU has the talent to win championships! Those boys play their hearts out and do what they are told. Things will continue as they have in the past.....until the fans and (REGENTS) finally recognize and are no longer happy with being 2nd, 3rd, 4th best…IN THE CONFERENCE. Being a Champion is about an attitude.
Had hope in 2000 that it was the new coaching change that made the difference, but was skeptical because of one thing Bob Stoops said. He said...(when recruiting Heupal out of Jr College) that Josh, asked HIM if they had a chance to win a national title. Bob said he was surprised by the question and by reflex told him to answer "yes". THAT told me that Stoops did not believe they could despite his words when he took the job. NOW….don’t get mad at me… I think Bob Stoops restored the program to respectability and I believe he is a winner..but I also believe he is a politician and a person who thinks along the lines of Jerry Jones rather than Nick Saban.

That situation…psychologically, told me a lot. It is the players attitude that wins. It is an attitude that works, that finds a way, that finds a way to overcome and win. THAT was the OU Sooners in 2000....and seems to be the natural, every day, feeling at LSU, Alabama, etc. The BIG 12????? They have become the "pretty conference"..they put up pretty numbers against weak opponents TO GET TO "THE" game...... and hope that odds will work out... (they don't) which has been revealed by OU's Bowl record in the past decade.

OU will be OU..but it is NOT Barry Switzers OU…….It is under the leadership of mediocrity in a mediocre conference…. The leadership of the University has accepted that, the fans have been blinded that actually Bob Stoops has a worse record than Gary Gibbs did..but yet they/we still support him.. and the players know better than all of us……………… OU is the Big 12 Bully….. Beats up on weaker talent and thrusts its chest out to say WE ARE POWERFUL AND THE BEST…. Then we get to games against BIG TALENT and ………. Cower in the losses. NOW YOU’RE MAD AT ME….Think I am a bad fan… a sunshine fan…. But I would ask you….go look at the record. The things I am saying are true and beyond repute.

OU Won the Natl Championship in 2000 and has played for it 3 more times to bad losse. The SEC , despite what Stoops says ..is the dominate conference.
Bob is on the same page as Mack…does not seem to want to change and so OU is getting a preview of their future in the performance of the Longhorns in the past few years. Todays game was about a bunch of talented guys backed up against a wall…… against a bunch of guys who have won the last three games were heavily favored and felt as though, all they had to do was show up. That is what we saw today.

Mack will be gone next year….. Bob will still be doing the same as Bob has been doing..IF OU fans are OK with that …fine……..Mediocre it is.

I knew you knew very little about football when you said we had the talent to win the NC. Any one that watches our talent and says that know very little.

Peeb
10/14/2013, 12:28 PM
It's funnier than hell that you compare the present landscape to the days of Switzer and in the same breath say we just beat up on cupcakes in our conference. I guess you've conveniently forgotten how terrible the Big 8 was back in the day despite the occasional scare from KU, Mizzou and Colorado.

It was pretty much: beat Nebraska and you would get to the MNC Game. They called the Big 8 the Big 2 and Little 6.

SoonerKnight
10/14/2013, 02:50 PM
Good Lord!! Why rewatch that game!!! We sucked all the way around!!! No question.

SoonerKnight
10/14/2013, 02:51 PM
Go rewatch the 2005 Orange Bowl there is a fun one!!! LOL!

picasso
10/14/2013, 02:54 PM
Good Lord!! Why rewatch that game!!! We sucked all the way around!!! No question.

No ****. I was at an art exhibit and didn't watch my recorded effort.
So i didn't even watch it the first time!
Then again, I'm not an internet QB.

SoonerKnight
10/14/2013, 02:55 PM
No ****. I was at an art exhibit and didn't watch my recorded effort.
So i disn't even watch it the first time!
Then again, I'm not an internet QB.

I hear we are in short supply of internet QB's and OC!!!

picasso
10/14/2013, 03:00 PM
How about internet towel boy? There's a job for Dean.

SoonerKnight
10/14/2013, 03:09 PM
That's funny!

jkjsooner
10/14/2013, 03:13 PM

You say that because we lost by 7 and 10 points to SEC teams in title games where we were not near 100% going in?

People started thinking the same thing after the Bomar/Thompson years. Then Stoops put a pretty darn good team together that gave Florida all they wanted until they wore us down at the end. Nobody in their right mind would say that Florida team would beat us 100/100 times. With Murray I think we win that game more times than not.

jkjsooner
10/14/2013, 03:18 PM
I'd take Art Briles or Gary Patterson either one over Bob right now. That's 2 just from within our own conference.

Do you think either would be guaranteed to win big at OU? People said the same thing about Gary Barnett with the way he won at Northwestern of all places. Alabama thought Franchione was a lock to win there after what he did at TCU.

Meanwhile, Patterson moved up the the Big 12 and proceeded to lose more conference games than he won.

Anyway, those guys could end up being another Urban Meyer or they could end up being a Barnett, Franchione, or even a Dan Hawkins. There are plenty of guys who manage to have a high level of success at a place where it wasn't expected only to fail at bigger programs. It's darn sure not the slam dunk you think it is.

One last point. Let's say OU goes 10-2 or 9-3 this year and fires Stoops. You think there's a chance in hell that Briles or Patterson would walk into that cluster f'?

Go ahead, guys, turn our program into Tennessee...

cvsooner
10/14/2013, 03:39 PM
Patterson is too much of a hot head. Watching him on the sidelines of our game...uh, no. We've already got Mike Stoops and that's enough of that.

SoonerKnight
10/14/2013, 03:44 PM
WOW! I would not take any other coach right now!! We gonna be alright people!!! Bad recruiting by former coaches takes time to fix. Was that on Stoops sure. But the coaches had been around awhile I'd say that he trusted them to do it the right way and they probably believed Stoops would never get rid of them. I think our D will be fine going foward just need to adjust and our O needs some help but if we stick with the running game we will win.

I want #8 as well! I don't see a bunch of undefeated teams at the end of the year!!! Who knows what happens in 2008 we thought we were doomed!!!

picasso
10/14/2013, 03:48 PM
Naw let's get Art Briles or Gary England. That's a guaranteed 10 win season either way!

cvsooner
10/14/2013, 04:08 PM
The only real change I see as really necessary going forward is a better offensive coordinator. Having co-offensive coordinators is like the two QB system. It isn't working so good. Heupel and Norvell seem to be pretty good position coaches and that's the height of their ability. They've been quite good at that. I know there are limits on the number of coaches but that may be what it takes.

Ruf/Nek7
10/14/2013, 05:10 PM
Where were these comments post ND game?

FaninAma
10/14/2013, 05:19 PM
Good point. I think the program is headed in the right direction. Saturday was a setback but hopeully it will reinforce the trend toward being more physical.

oupride
10/14/2013, 05:40 PM
WOW! I would not take any other coach right now!! We gonna be alright people!!! Bad recruiting by former coaches takes time to fix. Was that on Stoops sure. But the coaches had been around awhile I'd say that he trusted them to do it the right way and they probably believed Stoops would never get rid of them. I think our D will be fine going foward just need to adjust and our O needs some help but if we stick with the running game we will win.

I want #8 as well! I don't see a bunch of undefeated teams at the end of the year!!! Who knows what happens in 2008 we thought we were doomed!!!

Copy that.

cvsooner
10/14/2013, 05:40 PM
Oddly enough the factor cited in 2006 in the Texas game was that we weren't physical enough. Then we won 2007. We lost 2008, which we shouldn't have, and then 2009, we weren't the better team, and if not for Colt McCoy's best play of the day--a tackle following an interception--we'd have won that one. Then we won three straight, and the last two by a gazillion points, because we were the more physical team.

These are 19 and 20 year old dudes. Sometimes they just disappoint you no matter how hard you've worked with them.

Curly Bill
10/14/2013, 09:31 PM

Are we supposed to bitch about losing after winning a game? If you think so please explain...

SoonerKnight
10/15/2013, 10:26 AM
Are we supposed to bitch about losing after winning a game? If you think so please explain...

No, but it's just like when women get mad they bring everything from the past up!!!! Sheesh!!!

Soonerjeepman
10/15/2013, 10:31 AM
Stoops need to do something about JH (not fire but have him just work with QB's or something)..he had no problems with firing 3 guys last year.

SoonerKnight
10/15/2013, 11:31 AM
Who would be the OC? No room unless someone leaves.

Ruf/Nek7
10/15/2013, 12:10 PM

No, we just have too many unrealistic people in here. After we beat ND, most people here started calling for a Natty. Now, we are wanting to fire our coach. That is all I am saying.

yermom
10/15/2013, 12:17 PM
isn't he already sharing with Norvell?

stoopified
10/15/2013, 12:18 PM
You are out of you mind.That was my conclusion too.The capper for me was claimingStoops is the second coming of Gibbs.If he meant Joe,I could maybe see the point but he was talking about Gary.

85Sooner
10/15/2013, 04:47 PM
Because everyone was saying how good Bell was..... one game is not enough to make that determination....just like 90 minutes was NOT enough to pull Knight. Bell has shown he is mediocre at best....for AN EXPERIENCED .......MOBILE......PASSING QB as so many here have expained to me.;)

SoonerKnight
10/15/2013, 08:21 PM
Because everyone was saying how good Bell was..... one game is not enough to make that determination....just like 90 minutes was NOT enough to pull Knight. Bell has shown he is mediocre at best....for AN EXPERIENCED .......MOBILE......PASSING QB as so many here have expained to me.;)

I thought it was the play calling not the QB. Wait it's our recruiting? Wait it's....... I give up!

Curly Bill
10/16/2013, 09:48 PM
No, but it's just like when women get mad they bring everything from the past up!!!! Sheesh!!!

It's a message board, I'd suggest if you don't want to read it don't come here. It's silly to bitch on a message board that people are posting stuff on a message board.

Position Limit
10/17/2013, 10:23 AM
Who would be the OC? No room unless someone leaves.

i would take a clown mask stapled to a 2x4 over josh heupel.

sooneron
10/17/2013, 08:35 PM
i would take a clown mask stapled to a 2x4 over josh heupel.

I do NOT agree, but that made me laugh!

sooneron
10/17/2013, 08:36 PM
These are 19 and 20 year old dudes. Sometimes they just disappoint you no matter how hard you've worked with them.

THIS...

but Josh's play calling? meh

PrideMom
10/18/2013, 10:46 AM
Josh did not throw the interception, and he wasn't on the punt team that allowed the run-back. The TEAM did not EXECUTE the plays, and TEXAS wanted and NEEDED the win more......