PDA

View Full Version : Well we weren't the biggest upset today. #5 Stanford just lost to Utah

dennis580
10/12/2013, 08:19 PM
nm

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/12/2013, 08:28 PM
I think I have just entered another dimension.

Jacie
10/12/2013, 08:43 PM
Every season there is one Saturday where several ranked teams lose to the underdog. It would be a good week for a bye.

Therealsouthsider
10/12/2013, 08:50 PM
...too bad the kitties couldnt finish off Baylor

ss

Wishboned
10/12/2013, 08:51 PM
Every season there is one Saturday where several ranked teams lose to the underdog. It would be a good week for a bye.

It seems like the last few years it would have been a great opportunity for OU to move up in the rankings but we seem to screw the pooch that weekend.

Johnny Utah
10/12/2013, 09:01 PM
Stanford went down swinging ... OU went down pretty early.

Therealsouthsider
10/12/2013, 09:13 PM
Stanford went down swinging ... OU went down pretty early.

...I remember when Stanford went down on OU

ss

Johnny Utah
10/12/2013, 09:17 PM
...I remember when Stanford went down on OU

ss

You referring to the 4 point margin in the 09 Sun Bowl?

Therealsouthsider
10/12/2013, 09:20 PM
You referring to the 4 point margin in the 09 Sun Bowl?

...yes, exactly...helped Broyles draft status tremendously

ss

I Am Right
10/12/2013, 09:20 PM
who gives a **** about Stanford, we looked as good in person as we did on TV

Wishboned
10/12/2013, 09:23 PM
who gives a **** about Stanford, we looked as good in person as we did on TV

I've always heard the camera adds 10 pounds.

Today it would have been 10 pounds of ****.

BoulderSooner79
10/12/2013, 09:49 PM
I wasn't surprised about Stanford. Washington outplayed them last week on both sides of the ball, but lost because of 2 long KO returns. Utah is tough at home.

SoCalBigRed
10/13/2013, 02:06 AM
LOL at anyone trying to compare being #5, losing to an unranked NON-RIVAL compared to a loss to a bitter rival, that admitted, having prepared for this game, since January.

Some serious delusion.

Today's loss sucked... but, the sky is not falling.

Stanford got EMBARRASSED. OU got what happens to one of them, every year.
Just not ready for Prime Time and not a single one of you thought it, going into the season.

aurorasooner
10/13/2013, 12:27 PM
LOL at anyone trying to compare being #5, losing to an unranked NON-RIVAL compared to a loss to a bitter rival, that admitted, having prepared for this game, since January.

Some serious delusion.

Today's loss sucked... but, the sky is not falling.

Stanford got EMBARRASSED. OU got what happens to one of them, every year.
Just not ready for Prime Time and not a single one of you thought it, going into the season. I watched the 2nd half of the Stanford/Utah game last night, and imho neither team embarrassed themselves. The players played with passion and heart and knocked the snot out of each other. The coaches on both sides had a quality game-plan and didn't cheet their pants nor did they roll over during the game.
IMO, both teams would stomp our azz on any given Saturday, and would've definitely whipped us yesterday. To say that Stanford got embarrassed is just not right. They ran into a buzz-saw and still almost pulled the game out.

BoulderSooner79
10/13/2013, 12:32 PM
I watched the 2nd half of the Stanford/Utah game last night, and imho neither team embarrassed themselves. The players played with passion and heart and knocked the snot out of each other. The coaches on both sides had a quality game-plan and didn't cheet their pants nor did they roll over during the game.
IMO, both teams would stomp our azz on any given Saturday, and would've definitely whipped us yesterday. To say that Stanford got embarrassed is just not right. They ran into a buzz-saw and still almost pulled the game out.

Totally agree. I follow Stanford as my 2nd team and this game did not surprise me at all. Stanford is efficient and will grind a team to death that isn't up for a battle. But they lack the big play ability to put them over the top. They did get 2 big plays from KO returns to survive Washington last week, but didn't happen for them this week. Never know what will happen in CFB, but I expect the Ducks to be too much for Stanford this year if they stay healthy.