PDA

View Full Version : Hey COach Stoops how many times getting punched in the mouth...

SoCalBigRed
10/12/2013, 04:19 PM
in the national spotlight, does it take for you to 1) get the clue, the other team is going to come out, with the intent of punching you in the mouth and 2) doing something to prepare the team, for blocking, slipping, taking the punch and punching back?

There's a reason I hadn't said @#$% about this game, all week long.

I knew this was coming. The talent levels are the same. You can ALWAYS throw out the rankings.

OU was a 13 pt favorite and believed it. texas took it personal.

Plus, that group of seniors was going to send Mack out with a win over OU (because he's gone).

Stoops should have known this was coming. Who else didn't?

SOONER44EVER
10/12/2013, 04:22 PM
in the national spotlight, does it take for you to 1) get the clue, the other team is going to come out, with the intent of punching you in the mouth and 2) doing something to prepare the team, for blocking, slipping, taking the punch and punching back?

I knew this was coming. The talent levels are the same. You can ALWAYS throw out the rankings.

Plus, that group of seniors was going to send Mack out with a win over OU (because he's gone).

Stoops should have known this was coming. Who else didn't?According to what I've read and seen on tv, you are the only one who saw this coming. I honestly thought we'd win. Awesome job.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 04:24 PM
I thought we'd win big - had it 48-14 I think???

...but I'm hardly shocked by what happened.

This will make it easier when Baylor kicks us, and when we lose one of two against TT and OSU.

85Sooner
10/12/2013, 04:25 PM
PRedicted it ALL week!!!!!!!!!!!! My co-workers can confirm it.

Texas has had talent...they just have not been motivated

OU has been getting by.. 3 rd down conversions for the past 3 weeks tells the story that the Offense is NOT what the yardage and scores say they are.

SoCalBigRed
10/12/2013, 04:26 PM
According to what I've read and seen on tv, you are the only one who saw this coming. I honestly thought we'd win. Awesome job.

Because I didn't read, or pay attention to anything leading up to the game (other than the injury reports).

Honestly. Look at my post count over the last week. I avoided coming here.

Had a very bad feeling this whole week about it. Sometimes I get a gut feeling. Nothing unusual or earth-shattering.

How many others here, know... "throw ranking out the window, in this game"?

Who else knows, no matter how crappy the LosuRS are... they're going to bring their very best, the day we play?

These are pretty much given, in all the years of my lifetime, following OU football. But, hey... I don't always go with the flow, nor popular opinion. I knew we were going to get punched in the mouth... I just didn't know how we would respond.

They're not ready for primetime.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 04:29 PM
It did kinda suck to hear from friends who are whorn fans, and whom almost to a person admitted during the week how bad they were and we'd likely kill them, but then have them comment how "big game bob" choked again.

That's the recurring theme when these things happen now, and though I don't totally buy it, and I largely don't care what whorn fans think, there is that ol thing about smoke and fire and whatnot.

SoonerorLater
10/12/2013, 04:33 PM
It did kinda suck to hear from friends who are whorn fans, and whom almost to a person admitted during the week how bad they were and we'd likely kill them, but then have them comment how "big game bob" choked again.

That's the recurring theme when these things happen now, and though I don't totally buy it, and I largely don't care what whorn fans think, there is that ol thing about smoke and fire and whatnot.

It wasn't a choke by "Big Game Bob". We simply didn't have the physical presence up front on the DL to handle their OL. I'm trying to remember if we even got one 3 and out.

cleller
10/12/2013, 04:35 PM
And I thought I was being an unduly superstitious while worrying amid the "how much do we win by" threads the week:

The foregone conclusion that the whorns are gonna be stomped is like nothing I've ever seen this year. Across the board agreement from Soonerfans to Shaggy Bevo, to the media.

Sure looks like the likely scenario, but that kind of stuff spooks me when it comes to college football. Having Mike Stoops on the sidelines calms me, though.

Holy Cow, the tempting of the gods is in full swing.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 04:36 PM
It wasn't a choke by "Big Game Bob". We simply didn't have the physical presence up front on the DL to handle their OL. I'm trying to remember if we even got one 3 and out.

I didn't say it was a choke by "big game bob." I'm merely commenting on what the perception is these days about him from other folks around the country.

NorthernIowaSooner
10/12/2013, 04:39 PM

Stoops should have known this was coming. Who else didn't?

I'd agree that OU seemed to think it would be handed to them. Texas looked PO'd from the get go.

Wishboned
10/12/2013, 05:28 PM
I was worried when the announcers said they'd been to OU's practices and they were practicing "loose and confident".

I think they said the same thing about a certain Orange Bowl game a few years ago that never happened.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 05:30 PM
I was worried when the announcers said they'd been to OU's practices and they were practicing "loose and confident".

I think they said the same thing about a certain Orange Bowl game a few years ago that never happened.

That comment caught my attention as well.

SoCalBigRed
10/12/2013, 06:38 PM
I remember the past, practicing loose and confident comments to. Anyone think texas was loose and confident this week... or maybe Hell-bent on destroying the Sooners?

I didn't like it then, I'm glad I didn't hear it this time... though, same outcome.

My Cardinals won, so that's kind of an empty, hollow, satisfaction I suppose. Why texas, Bob? WHY!?

wishbonesooner
10/12/2013, 07:03 PM
Not prepared and looking like they weren't ready to play. That's just the same scenario we see 4 out of 5 times in big games.

okiewaker
10/12/2013, 07:09 PM
I was not at all confident going in,,,too many were confident which scared me. Obviously I was correct

SoonerorLater
10/12/2013, 07:18 PM
We lost because we lack physical talent in various areas. To some extent due to injury, to a greater extent due to recruiting. Over the past 3 years or so we have failed to land blockbuster recruits and it shows. We just aren't that great of a football team and unless we turn it around our future looks something like Nebraska's current situation.

mojorisen2014
10/12/2013, 07:57 PM
PRedicted it ALL week!!!!!!!!!!!! My co-workers can confirm it.

Texas has had talent...they just have not been motivated

OU has been getting by.. 3 rd down conversions for the past 3 weeks tells the story that the Offense is NOT what the yardage and scores say they are.im gonna need your coworkers to come on here to confirm

badger
10/12/2013, 08:58 PM
I admit that I feared texas would find a way... I just thought it would be pulling a redshirt from a quarterback, not sooner offense issues

mojorisen2014
10/12/2013, 10:38 PM
I admit that I feared texas would find a way... I just thought it would be pulling a redshirt from a quarterback, not sooner offense issues wasn't just sooner offense

Okie35
10/12/2013, 11:22 PM
I thought we'd win big - had it 48-14 I think???

...but I'm hardly shocked by what happened.

This will make it easier when Baylor kicks us, and when we lose one of two against TT and OSU.

I don't know usually we lose and play better the next few games. I won't be surprised if we only had 1 loss after this or none going into the bowl game.

Okie35
10/12/2013, 11:24 PM
wasn't just sooner offense

offense and special teams ... that pick 6 is what started it and the punt return pretty much ended it. We could've won w/ the rushing yards given up... we've done it before and we did it against ND.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 11:47 PM
I don't know usually we lose and play better the next few games. I won't be surprised if we only had 1 loss after this or none going into the bowl game.

Not out of the realm of possibility that we only have one more loss, but NO WAY we win out. If I were to predict I think we lose 2 more going into the bowl game.