PDA

View Full Version : Horn friends vs. Poke friends.

SOONER44EVER
10/12/2013, 03:37 PM
Are your Texas or OSU friends easier to live with after they beat us. I said Texas friends. my OSU friends are far more obnoxious.

bringit
10/12/2013, 03:41 PM
I live in Florida and don't have that problem. Thank God.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 03:42 PM
Texas fans way worse!

bluedogok
10/12/2013, 03:44 PM
OSU fans are much, much worse.

SOONER44EVER
10/12/2013, 03:45 PM
It must be proximity. Lots of neighbors are OSU fans so I get assaulted on social media and in person. Most of my texas friends are only on the net. They still seem to be nicer about it.

bluedogok
10/12/2013, 03:55 PM
I found during my 9 years in Austin they were much better in their own town, they seem to worse the further you get away from Austin. The older ones are better than the younger ones since they have seen the ups and downs, most of the younger ones think this is the dark period and do not acknowledge the past.

The large office I worked at in OKC (300 employees) was about half Pokes, they could be horrible. Especially during the Blake years.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/12/2013, 04:04 PM
I don't have either out here in Southern Cali, but I would think OSU fans would be worse. They will forever have the little brother chip on their shoulder, while TX fans have that whole ego thing going.

The little punk that manages to give you a black eye once in a while is always going to be more obnoxious about that occasional black eye than the adversary who considers himself your equal and beats you in a fair fight now and then.

Sooner70
10/12/2013, 04:13 PM
I live north of Houston, & have Horn neighbors on both sides. They're not radical, though. One of them & I have an annual beer bet, and he brought over the beer before the game because "...I know Texas will lose." I had to go back over to his house & give him 2 beers in return after the game. His original & my loss. I didn't drink much during the game because I wasn't enjoying it much. I probably should've drank more. He was truly shocked at the outcome.

I hate living in Texas when OU loses. Oh well, 3/4 ain't bad I guess. I had an uneasy feeling about this one all week.

Maybe having Corey Nelson out hurt more than we thought it would. Sooners sure couldn't stop the 3rd down conversions, but Texas does have talent. Running backs, D Line & special teams.

BajaOklahoma
10/12/2013, 04:36 PM
I got two texts from horn "friends" within 5 minutes after the game. I am rethinking the friendship.

I can honestly say that I don't contact my friends who are fans of opposing teams for at least 24 hours after we beat them. And then I avoid talking about the game.

Piware
10/12/2013, 05:14 PM
Poke fans by a sheep's length. They don't tease - they are downright nasty!

bluedogok
10/12/2013, 05:19 PM
I don't have either out here in Southern Cali, but I would think OSU fans would be worse. They will forever have the little brother chip on their shoulder, while TX fans have that whole ego thing going.

The little punk that manages to give you a black eye once in a while is always going to be more obnoxious about that occasional black eye than the adversary who considers himself your equal and beats you in a fair fight now and then.
Pretty much what I found out from them, they have a respect for OU even if they don't like us. I never felt the same level of "hate" like they have for the aggies. They down right loathe A&M and it gets a whole lot nastier in both directions.

Wishboned
10/12/2013, 05:20 PM
Poke fans by a sheep's length. They don't tease - they are downright nasty!

This is 100% accurate.