PDA

View Full Version : Okay Kool Aid drinkers...

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 03:26 PM
....put your spin on this one for me will ya!

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 03:28 PM
Seriously, what do we take positive from this?

Soonerus
10/12/2013, 03:29 PM
Good D in second half...highlight play by Grissom...Ford played more...we have won 3 out of the last 4...sun will rise tomorrow...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/12/2013, 03:30 PM
Mike needs Brent..Brent needs Mike.

soonerloyal
10/12/2013, 03:32 PM
The high expectation of failure made texas fans sell their seats, making them have to watch it in replay? Mack is safe for another decade? Shaggy's redo of MS Paint should make him happy?

I got nothin'.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 03:32 PM
I'll go with defense not being a huge problem - they weren't great, but I don't think they lost it for us. I think Ford is gonna be the real deal, but will we ride him, or is he gonna get 4-5 carries a game so we can utilize everybody and no one get into a rhythm?

And I know the sun will rise tomorrow, though they are predicting rain. This just puts us back on pace to be the team most of us thought we'd be coming into the year, and that's an average to good team with 3-4 losses when it's all said and done.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 03:33 PM
Mike needs Brent..Brent needs Mike.

Unless Brent can call offense I don't want him back!

ashley
10/12/2013, 03:35 PM
We were beaten in every phase. We are better than we showed today but we mush have better QB play and front D play.

SoonerMarkVA
10/12/2013, 03:39 PM
It showed me that having Rip, Millard, Ford, and Bell in the backfield can make for a very effective run attack, even in the absence of any legitimate passing threat. Now, if Heup will just leave them on the field ...

Widescreen
10/12/2013, 03:46 PM
It's a good thing everyone spent so much energy worrying about whether Quincy Russell would make it in or not.

dossett5
10/12/2013, 03:47 PM
I completely agree!! The finger pointing at Huepel is misdirected. Bob needs to go back to the type of offense that can control the game. The offense he ran when he was called big game Bob. Making room for his brother because he couldn't win games as a head coach has hurt tremendously look how many points were put on the board by Texas. The same old hurry up let's make a mistake and play sloppy is the problem. Also when we get inside the twenty we make a mental errors 90 percent of the time and settle for field goals. I could tell we were not ready to play after the 1st series on both sides of the ball.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 03:50 PM
I completely agree!! The finger pointing at Huepel is misdirected. Bob needs to go back to the type of offense that can control the game. The offense he ran when he was called big game Bob. Making room for his brother because he couldn't win games as a head coach has hurt tremendously look how many points were put on the board by Texas. The same old hurry up let's make a mistake and play sloppy is the problem. Also when we get inside the twenty we make a mental errors 90 percent of the time and settle for field goals. I could tell we were not ready to play after the 1st series on both sides of the ball.

Dumb!!! Don't forget 14 of those points came off of a pick-6 and a punt return TD. The defense wasn't great today, but it's a hell of a lot better than it was before Mike came back!

dossett5
10/12/2013, 03:51 PM
Getting beat is always hard to swallow but getting beat by Texas is something that stays with me all season. I know many will disagree with this but playing in Texas every year is a disadvantage.

BoulderSooner79
10/12/2013, 03:52 PM
I still like this team. It is what we expected (or maybe what I expected). It's a transition team that was picked to finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference before the season started and that's the way they have looked in all 3 conference games so far. I was amazed folks here started worrying about how we were ranked just because we have managed to win so far. We did not look at all dominate against WVU, TCU and now the horns. And ND was a nice win, but they are an unranked team. But I do like this team and the way they play and I expect them to bounce back and improve as the season goes on. If not, I'll be disappointed.

Widescreen
10/12/2013, 03:53 PM
Getting beat is always hard to swallow but getting beat by Texas is something that stays with me all season. I know many will disagree with this but playing in Texas every year is a disadvantage.

Funny how people only trot that out when Texas beats us. We kicked them around the last 3 years and no one said anything about the game being in Texas.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 03:54 PM
I still like this team. It is what we expected (or maybe what I expected). It's a transition team that was picked to finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference before the season started and that's the way they have looked in all 3 conference games so far. I was amazed folks here started worrying about how we were ranked just because we have managed to win so far. We did not look at all dominate against WVU, TCU and now the horns. And ND was a nice win, but they are an unranked team. But I do like this team and the way they play and I expect them to bounce back and improve as the season goes on. If not, I'll be disappointed.

I think this largely comes down to QB play, and that is a scary proposition for this team.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 03:55 PM
Funny how people only trot that out when Texas beats us. We kicked them around the last 3 years and no one said anything about the game being in Texas.

Yup, no biggie. Dallas is closer to Norman than it is Austin, crowd split 50-50, it's not the location.

BoulderSooner79
10/12/2013, 03:57 PM
I think this largely comes down to QB play, and that is a scary proposition for this team.

No doubt. Bell did not win the job and the guy that did is not ready for the big stage. It will be interesting to see if the coaches go back to TK or give Thompson a shot. We would be a much better team if we were settled at QB, but still not national contender good.

bluedogok
10/12/2013, 03:58 PM
Yup, no biggie. Dallas is closer to Norman than it is Austin, crowd split 50-50, it's not the location.
...and a longer drive this year (around 5 hours) according to some friends driving up.

ashley
10/12/2013, 04:01 PM
Can't get it done without a good passing attack.

Curly Bill
No doubt. Bell did not win the job and the guy that did is not ready for the big stage. It will be interesting to see if the coaches go back to TK or give Thompson a shot. We would be a much better team if we were settled at QB, but still not national contender good.

Yup, I think we're damned if we do and damned if we don't with our QB's. TK certainly did not look ready, Bell has to have receivers WIDE open to complete passes, and who knows about Thompson?? Having seen what I have of TK and Bell, I wouldn't be opposed to Bob saying what the hell, and seeing what Thompson can do.

dossett5
It just seems logical that we would play better at home than at a neutral site regardless of of the outcome the previous years.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 04:02 PM
...and a longer drive this year (around 5 hours) according to some friends driving up.

Yeah, I'd much rather drive south into Dallas than come up north from Austin!

SOONER44EVER
10/12/2013, 04:03 PM
Yup, I think we're damned if we do and damned if we don't with our QB's. TK certainly did not look ready, Bell has to have receivers WIDE open to complete passes, and who knows about Thompson?? Having seen what I have of TK and Bell, I wouldn't be opposed to Bob saying what the hell, and seeing what Thompson can do. You really think Bob would do this? It would mean having to admit he was wrong about who the starter should be not once, but twice.

nmsoonergirl
10/12/2013, 04:06 PM
I hate losing to Texas, but we did get to sit in the new club seats at the cotton bowl. Comfy seats, unlimited wine, and there was a separate club entrance which was nice. I didn't get to see the other cotton bowl upgrades, but they did a good job with the club. And Texas still sucks. Even though they won. This time.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 04:07 PM
You really think Bob would do this? It would mean having to admit he was wrong about who the starter should be not once, but twice.

Oh, no way he'd EVER do this!

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/12/2013, 04:08 PM
Our punter is an ANIMAL!

SOONER44EVER
10/12/2013, 04:10 PM
Our punter is an ANIMAL!Heh!

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 04:11 PM
Cheerleaders and dance team looked better than what Texas put out there!

dossett5
10/12/2013, 04:12 PM
I have to agree with fact our QB play has been inconsistent. We dropped one in the corner of the end zone and after that we seemed to play without any urgency. Bell is limited with what he can do. He didn't run with the ball today because Texas did a decent job of staying home and LBs working downhill into their gaps. We will see more of the same. Also I think we may have went to more of a conservative game plan with Bell because he was so beat up from last week. He is a huge target that runs straight up and down . I'm sure they were concerned with him getting injured. I think everybody expected Bell to run more with ball.

rock on sooner
10/12/2013, 04:16 PM
Dint want to start a thread with this, so here's my two cents...

Sooners came out flat, having heard all the experts say Sooners roll,
the players thought that was the case.

UT went to school on ND and TCU...run between the tackles from 7 yards
deep in the backfield and swarm our wideouts to limit YAC.

Sooners may need to rethink the 3-4 for speed vs 4-3 for beef and, finally,
Texas STILL sucks! (And, we get to keep Mack.)

dossett5
10/12/2013, 04:21 PM
Well said rock on!!

SoonerorLater
10/12/2013, 04:21 PM
Until we get a dominate DL we are going to have these kind of games. You can't let teams smash you inside and set up continual 2nd and 3's. When you do that it just opens up everything else in your playbook.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 04:22 PM
I think Mack is still gone, but he probably ensured he gets to go out at the end of the year with a little dignity.

Temujin
10/12/2013, 04:22 PM
I guess what I don't understand is this: Texas had a very distinct weakness defending against the run, particularly in defending the read-option. I'm not a fan of the read-option myself, but if a team can't defend it, and we're WELL equipped to run it, why was it never even attempted? Just the same old "throw it short and say a prayer that someone misses a tackle" that we've seen for 3 straight years.

It scares me that Heupel was completely outwitted by a defensive coordinator that has been responsible for some of the worst defensive performances in the history of college and professional football. This is the same guy that allowed us to pile up 65 points on this same team in 2004. (edit: I'm incorrect, 2004 was 12-0, but we still piled up 300+ rushing yards that year) And Heupel was completely lost.

Not that it's all on Heupel. We had sloppy play across the board. But the offense, particularly the baffling play selection, was the low-light of a really ****ty day.

SOONER44EVER
10/12/2013, 04:25 PM
I think Mack is still gone, but he probably ensured he's gets to go out at the end of the year with a little dignity. If, by some miracle, Texas gets Saban, we are done. Imagine what he'd do with all the high school talent in the state of Texas and how much he'd take from us.

dossett5
10/12/2013, 04:31 PM
Soonerorlater you reinforce my point about our defense. On the other side of the ball the line couldn't keep a hat on anybody when we did break the line of scrimmage and get downfield nobody put a block on anyone. Several plays I watched our te and wo just watch. Again we didn't play with any urgency and we were surprised Texas could still play football despite the talk about Mac being over the hill.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 04:34 PM
If, by some miracle, Texas gets Saban, we are done. Imagine what he'd do with all the high school talent in the state of Texas and how much he'd take from us.

Yeah, it might be scary. They already get most of the talent they want. With anyone running things who can truly evaluate talent, which Saban certainly can, and who can truly coach, which Saban certainly can, it could be pretty ugly. That being said: I have every confidence that Texas will screw up whatever they do, and Texas being Texas they'd still find a way to suck (most of the time) no matter who they hire.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 04:35 PM
....and I'd be shocked if Saban left Bama for Austin.

cleller
10/12/2013, 04:44 PM
....and I'd be shocked if Saban left Bama for Austin.

Yeah, look at today's game. I think Saban realizes that beating Big 12 teams is not going to get him the glory and respect that beating SEC teams does.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/12/2013, 04:48 PM
I'll go with defense not being a huge problem - they weren't great, but I don't think they lost it for us. I think Ford is gonna be the real deal, but will we ride him, or is he gonna get 4-5 carries a game so we can utilize everybody and no one get into a rhythm?

And I know the sun will rise tomorrow, though they are predicting rain. This just puts us back on pace to be the team most of us thought we'd be coming into the year, and that's an average to good team with 3-4 losses when it's all said and done.

As I've been saying since last spring, we are weak in the middle of our D. We showed signs of it against ND, but they didn't press it and kept trying to use it to open up their normal offense allowing Nelson (or Sanchez) to come up with a big play. Today we played without Nelson and without Phillips and a borderline unit became really weak in a hurry. The major difference was that -1 and 0 yardage plays became 3, 4, and 5 yard plays. This allowed them to just run the ball for most of the 1st half. Ndulae had a lot of tackles where he'd already been pushed back 3 yards. I just think we are still another year or 2 away from having a good interior line.

On offense, I don't even know what to say. This offense is such a mishmash of disjointed parts. The OL isn't very good at run blocking, but the FBs are so good at it that it works. WRs great in the passing game, but crappy run blockers yet we have a QB who is inconsistent at best at hitting them. Personally, there just seems to be a disconnect between what our OC wants our team to do and what they can do.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 04:48 PM
Yeah, look at today's game. I think Saban realizes that beating Big 12 teams is not going to get him the glory and respect that beating SEC teams does.

Uh-oh, you done sorta said the SEC is better than the Big 12! We got a coupla posters around here that went all haywire last week about the untruth in that! Maybe seeing a trash Texas team beat us today will temper their enthusiasm for making that argument?

dossett5
10/12/2013, 04:57 PM
How much control does Josh have? After 20 years of dealing with the egos of head coaches I'm going to guess Bob creates a game plan of what to call on certain down and distance and that is what is called. Josh alerts Bob of adjustments made by the opposing d and is a sounding board for Bob. Bob is not wired to let anybody take over his offense. We have not run any type of game management offense since Bradford's freshman year.

soonerhubs
10/12/2013, 05:09 PM
Uh-oh, you done sorta said the SEC is better than the Big 12! We got a coupla posters around here that went all haywire last week about the untruth in that! Maybe seeing a trash Texas team beat us today will temper there enthusiasm for making that argument?

1) OU was exposed for its weaknesses. I'll concede that they were overrated, and that they were outplayed and outcoached.
2) Surprise! Surprise! So was this team, Einstein! This is the team that I said didn't belong in the top ten, as well, if you'll go look: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=332850061

Honestly, I think Stoops and company should stay the course with what they're doing. It's a year removed, but I feel this change of philosophy has staying power.

bluedogok
10/12/2013, 05:11 PM
On defense I think they are improving but don't have the needed talent yet. On offense, I have no clue.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/12/2013, 05:12 PM
1) OU was exposed for its weaknesses. I'll concede that they were overrated, and that they were outplayed and outcoached.
2) Surprise! Surprise! So was this team, Einstein! This is the team that I said didn't belong in the top ten, as well, if you'll go look: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=332850061

Honestly, I think Stoops and company should stay the course with what they're doing. It's a year removed, but I feel this change of philosophy has staying power.

Completely healthy, this is a Top 10 team (not a Top 5 team, Top 10). With the injuries we are piling up, we are a 21-25 team.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/12/2013, 05:15 PM
So, delete the game off my TIVO before I can watch it?

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 05:19 PM
On defense I think they are improving but don't have the needed talent yet. On offense, I have no clue.

Recruiting has not been a strength the past few years, and it isn't looking great for this coming class. Unless we are becoming much better at evaluating talent than others are, we are not getting that needed talent.

SoonerorLater
10/12/2013, 05:35 PM
Completely healthy, this is a Top 10 team (not a Top 5 team, Top 10). With the injuries we are piling up, we are a 21-25 team.

I don't know. Maybe, but even completely healthy our DL is pretty ordinary at best. Our QB play is limited. I don't see this team as one that can come back from behind. Before the season I saw this team as an 8-4 type team. I would think that we are kind of in the 15-20 range at full strength. As we are now we are flirting with dropping out of the top 25 though after next week we probably go to 6-1.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/12/2013, 05:37 PM
During most of the first half Alexander was horrible. Looked like he needed to know what the game plan was.

bluedogok
10/12/2013, 05:38 PM
I thought starting the season they would be a 10-15 at best, I think 15-20 is a bit more realistic.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/12/2013, 05:44 PM
I never do what I am about to do; Josh was incredibly predictable today. While formations give you a good idea of what the play call is, today it was remarkable. When we put in specific personnel, there is no versatility. And for the love of God, Ford blocking for Millard was pitiful.

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 05:46 PM
I never do what I am about to do; Josh was incredibly predictable today. While formations give you a good idea of what the play call is, today it was remarkable. When we put in specific personnel, there is no versatility. And for the love of God, Ford blocking for Millard was pitiful.

That was odd. Maybe that was our attempt at being sneaky? LOL

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/12/2013, 06:12 PM
That was odd. Maybe that was our attempt at being sneaky? LOL

It was a variant of the Wishbone outside dive (which has a further option look off of it with the QB). The major difference was 2 fullbacks and 1 halfback vs 2 halfbacks and 1 fullback.

SOONER44EVER
10/12/2013, 06:13 PM
It was a variant of the Wishbone outside dive (which has a further option look off of it with the QB). The major difference was 2 fullbacks and 1 halfback vs 2 halfbacks and 1 fullback.Inverted Wishbone?

bluedogok
10/12/2013, 06:14 PM
Inverted Wishbone?
Pistolbone

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 06:16 PM
It was a variant of the Wishbone outside dive (which has a further option look off of it with the QB). The major difference was 2 fullbacks and 1 halfback vs 2 halfbacks and 1 fullback.

It wasn't odd in that I didn't know what it was, it was odd in that while I like Millard I don't wanna see him toting the ball while a halfback that we're apparently pretty high on is lead blocking. I'd like to see a lot more of Ford out there, but not as a blocker.

Jacie
10/12/2013, 06:22 PM
Well, I said if I had to choose between beating sa*et and beating the domers, then let it be the domers but seeing the reality of it is b*tch.

BoulderSooner79
10/12/2013, 06:41 PM
So, delete the game off my TIVO before I can watch it?

Depends. Do you let people tie you up and beat you for your own pleasure?

Curly Bill
10/12/2013, 06:41 PM
LOL

BoulderSooner79
10/12/2013, 06:48 PM

This is where I'd put us too. To be fair to other teams, everyone has injuries and ours seem lighter than usual (look at UGA). I think not having Phillips in the middle today was big because we are thin at DT. That allowed UT to get 3-4 yards on most runs that were defended well. Not sure how much losing Nelson hurt. Alexander missed a couple of plays I saw, but I thought he played pretty well. Never know what kind of big plays Nelson might have made though.

ashley
10/12/2013, 07:14 PM
Fan stands for FANATIC.

soonergirlNeugene
10/12/2013, 07:15 PM
I think Mack is still gone, but he probably ensured he gets to go out at the end of the year with a little dignity.

How does it go? He may have his pride, but his dignity walked out the door years ago.

SOONER44EVER
10/12/2013, 07:18 PM
How does it go? He may have his pride, but his dignity walked out the door years ago.
Sad thing is that Mack's biggest problem is that he's too nice of a guy.

okiewaker
10/12/2013, 07:20 PM
Pretty simple really. D and ST's played well enough to win. My spin,,,Bell was put in an uncomfortable position ( by his own coaches). The offense I seen out there today was NOT even close to what we've seen in the first few games. Bell was forced to run an unfamiliar offense, hence the happy feet, etc. The sputtering of the offense was NOT Bells fault. IMHO

SOONER44EVER
10/12/2013, 07:27 PM
Pretty simple really. D and ST's played well enough to win. My spin,,,Bell was put in an uncomfortable position ( by his own coaches). The offense I seen out there today was NOT even close to what we've seen in the first few games. Bell was forced to run an unfamiliar offense, hence the happy feet, etc. The sputtering of the offense was NOT Bells fault. IMHOSome of that may be true,.............however............Bell just doesn't look tome to have the tools to be either a running qb or a passing qb. He is too slow to be a runner and too inaccurate to be a passer. I know he has only started a few games but I can't think of a starting QB in the stoops era with less tools/talent, whatever you want to call it. Just my opinion.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/12/2013, 08:12 PM
Because today was all about the offense.. Go..tit.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/12/2013, 08:16 PM
Pretty simple really. D and ST's played well enough to win. My spin,,,Bell was put in an uncomfortable position ( by his own coaches). The offense I seen out there today was NOT even close to what we've seen in the first few games. Bell was forced to run an unfamiliar offense, hence the happy feet, etc. The sputtering of the offense was NOT Bells fault. IMHO

We gave up a punt return for a TD. How did our ST play well enough?

CatfishSooner
10/12/2013, 08:37 PM
f. u. c . k

okiewaker
10/12/2013, 08:40 PM

We gave up a punt return for a TD. How did our ST play well enough?

I said well Enuf to win. Do you disagree?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/12/2013, 08:45 PM
The defense gave up 22 points and scored 7 including 2 long pass plays.

ST gave up 1 PR for a TD and had one long KO return.

Iffy argument on the D. Definitely not on ST.

Tear Down This Wall
10/12/2013, 08:45 PM
I'm not a kool aid drinker, but here's my two cents...

...they better find two guys quick that can clog up the run like Phillips and make plays like Nelson, or else we're looking at another 10-3 season with average bowl for a reward.

(NOTE: Yes, it's crazy to complain about another potential 10 win season but that's the cross we seem to bear as Sooner fans. We are turning into the Georgia of the Big 12 - win tons of games, never in the national title picture past October.)

sooneron
10/12/2013, 09:02 PM
The difference is, how many conf titles has UGa amassed?

sooneron
10/12/2013, 09:03 PM
I missed the 2nd half. "well, I wouldn't say that I MISSED it, Bob."

I'm going to watch some of it now. The rest tomorrow. Intensity had as much to do with the whorn's win today as schemes.

Therealsouthsider
10/12/2013, 09:08 PM
....if we are going to do nothing more than live on short to intermediate routes and check-downs then I would rather have a qb who runs a 4.5 forty at the wheel.

ss

Johnny Utah
10/12/2013, 09:25 PM
I missed the 2nd half. "well, I wouldn't say that I MISSED it, Bob."

Nice job working in the "Office Space" reference although you will be in a much better mood if you were to watch that instead.

Sabanball
10/12/2013, 09:26 PM
Tough loss for you guys. I think the upset bug must just be in the air today.

I must admit though I really don't understand why Bob didn't make a change at qb once it became apparent that Bell was not up to the task.

soonerfan69
10/12/2013, 09:32 PM
....if we are going to do nothing more than live on short to intermediate routes and check-downs then I would rather have a qb who runs a 4.5 forty at the wheel.

ss

Me too Bell has sucked *** the last 2 games and is sooooooooooo slow

Johnny Utah
10/12/2013, 09:41 PM
Tough loss for you guys. I think the upset bug must just be in the air today.

I must admit though I really don't understand why Bob didn't make a change at qb once it became apparent that Bell was not up to the task.

add that to the long list of questions

okiewaker
10/12/2013, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=sooneron;4066483]I missed the 2nd half. "well, I wouldn't say that I MISSED it, Bob."
[QUOTE]

Weird!

picasso
10/13/2013, 12:05 PM
Ah yes, the I told you so thread.

Brilliant!

opksooner
10/13/2013, 12:17 PM
....put your spin on this one for me will ya!

**** happens.

We had an off day.

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

We'll get 'em next time.

[/worn out clichés]

Tear Down This Wall
10/14/2013, 02:32 AM
The difference is, how many conf titles has UGa amassed?

Two with Richt. A very Mack Brown-like two in 12 seasons.

We are going that route; 2010 was last outright title. "Shared" title last year with a team that beat us, K-State. Vomit.

We're creeping up on as many season between national championships as Barry's last (1985) and Bob's only (2000). Yes, 14 seasons (86-99) without a national title. This will be our 13th season in a row without one since the 2000 title.

Amazing.

As I've said many times before, our problem is that same as Texas': Our decision-makers believe that because money in coming into the program that there are no problems.

We're staring at going three consecutive seasons with going to a BCS bowl; it'd be the fourth miss in five seasons.

Every year, Bob and his coaching staff fart away at least one sure win. The crazy thing is, he criticizes and pokes at the SEC. But, their lead horse, Alabama, doesn't fart away regular season games.

Tear Down This Wall
10/14/2013, 02:41 AM
Bob's Fart Aways, since 2004:

2005: The whole season. Panicked in game one, pulling ENA for that pinhead Bomar. Lose at home to TCU, who lost the very next weekend to SMU. UCLA beating us into submission. Screw it...this season isn't even worth talking about. The whole season was fart.

2006: The Fiesta Bowl against Boise State. Players yawn through the first half, catch up in the second. **** it away with less than a minute left in the game.

2007: Lost to a Colorado team with finished 6-7. And, lost - at home - to the garbagey, west Texas outfit, Tech. Gross. A team that went 8-4 in the regular season that year. Suckfarts.

2008: Amazingly...none.

2009: BYU...four loss Miami squad...four touchdown loss to four loss Texas Tech. Stupid. Lost to a Nebraska that had lost to home to friggin' Iowa State.

2010: Missouri and Texas A&M

2011: Texas Tech, who finished the season with a stellar 5-7 mark, Baylor with 8 seconds left on the clock...34 point loss to Oklahoma State - the game right after Iowa State beat them.

2012: Kansas State and their one-dimensional offense.

I don't give a flying frog's fat as*s what people here think about Alabama. They don't **** away conference games to team going 5-7 or 8-4. They go ahead and squash them.

Bob can say all the bad things about the SEC he wants. The problem is, they are committed to completing for national titles. And, we are not. We're committed to still believing the Texas game means something...a two loss Texas team who can barely get past Iowa State is our threshold for success.

Widescreen
10/14/2013, 05:28 AM
Solid post but the 2007 loss to TTU was in Lubbock.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/14/2013, 06:34 AM

2005: The whole season. Panicked in game one, pulling ENA for that pinhead Bomar. Lose at home to TCU, who lost the very next weekend to SMU. UCLA beating us into submission. Screw it...this season isn't even worth talking about. The whole season was fart.

2006: The Fiesta Bowl against Boise State. Players yawn through the first half, catch up in the second. **** it away with less than a minute left in the game.

2007: Lost to a Colorado team with finished 6-7. And, lost - at home - to the garbagey, west Texas outfit, Tech. Gross. A team that went 8-4 in the regular season that year. Suckfarts.

2008: Amazingly...none.

2009: BYU...four loss Miami squad...four touchdown loss to four loss Texas Tech. Stupid. Lost to a Nebraska that had lost to home to friggin' Iowa State.

2010: Missouri and Texas A&M

2011: Texas Tech, who finished the season with a stellar 5-7 mark, Baylor with 8 seconds left on the clock...34 point loss to Oklahoma State - the game right after Iowa State beat them.

2012: Kansas State and their one-dimensional offense.

I don't give a flying frog's fat as*s what people here think about Alabama. They don't **** away conference games to team going 5-7 or 8-4. They go ahead and squash them.

Bob can say all the bad things about the SEC he wants. The problem is, they are committed to completing for national titles. And, we are not. We're committed to still believing the Texas game means something...a two loss Texas team who can barely get past Iowa State is our threshold for success.

So what you have to look at is Bob's framework here. Bob believes in overloading a very talented class and trying for 2 Title runs every 4 years. It is the same strategy that Roy Williams has employed for 30 years coaching basketball. The problem is when the talented class ends up being untalented.

For example, 2005 - We graduated an insanely large senior class in 2004 (31) and couldn't even replace them all (I think we only had 78 on scholarship come fall). That class had been to 2 MNC games, but I now can groom my next QB of the future (Bomar) for the next run in 2007 and 2008.

2007/2008 - Unlike the 2003/2004 teams, these teams were filled with prima donnas. Our WR corps under Sumlin were punks who only ran routes when they got the ball. We also lost a lot of key guys as early entrants (compared with 2003/2004 where we lost 2 - Pool/Harris) which just absolutely killed any continuity.

2011/2012 - This has been rehashed over and over, but Bob's blueprint doesn't work when you have coaches that don't bring in talent at their positions. The lack of any talent at all at DT and LB just doomed them.

Bob's teams are always built around a core of unheralded "eval" picks with some big name recruits sprinkled in that get pub. When I look at this team, I'm starting to see that again on defense not so much on the offense. For example, Sanchez is the best young corner I've seen at OU in forever. He was one of the lowest rated recruits on a supposedly terrible class.

cleller
10/14/2013, 07:40 AM
If anyone listens to sports radio, or watches ESPN, what was the big story for the three weeks preceding this game?

It was how bad Texas is, how poorly they are coached, how they bungle every play, their poor QB play, and guessing how long until Mack was fired. Those are the guys that just steamrolled us. Surely that will put a little water in the Kool-aid.

Yes, I know they have good players. It was obvious they were better than most of ours by the way they smacked us down.

jkjsooner
10/14/2013, 10:33 AM

That is such B.S. 2005 was a major rebuilding year. We didn't have a QB and our offensive line sucked. It happens. Also, Bomar was more effective than Thompson. Did Thompson ever hit a receiver on a throw longer than 30 yards? If he hits one of numerous wide open receivers we beat TCU and later Boise State easily.

See above. 2006 wasn't a great team and we didn't have a QB. That wasn't nearly the upset that everyone likes to think it was. This was by far Stoops's worst conference championship team. Maybe give Stoops credit for winning the Big 12 with a mediocre team - and without Peterson for much of the year?

Again, a rebuilding year. We again had a sucky offensive line and lost our Heisman QB early in the season.

Maybe Bama doesn't have to rebuild. Everyone else does.

Say what you want but most teams lose games they shouldn't from time to time. That's especially true when you're expected to win 10 or more of them a year. That's a lot of opportunities for someone to step up and beat you.

Barry Switzer sure as hell lost his share of games he should have won. West Virginia blowing us out? Stanford blowing us out? What about poor bowl performances games against Arkansas and Washington?

jkjsooner
10/14/2013, 10:36 AM
And writing the above post brought up something. Up until this year we were on a four year rotation with offensive lines. 2000, 2004, 2008 were great lines. 2001, 2005, and 2009 were terrible.

According to that we should have a terrible offensive line this year. It looks like we broke that trend which is good.

SoonerorLater
10/14/2013, 11:12 AM
Barry Switzer sure as hell lost his share of games he should have won. West Virginia blowing us out? Stanford blowing us out? What about poor bowl performances games against Arkansas and Washington?

And that was when the people started calling for Barry's head

Piware
10/14/2013, 11:29 AM
IMHO, Bob should take a look at what a coaching change can do. I watched the Texas spring game and they couldn't defend against each other. It looked like the Keystone Cops. When they fired Diaz and brought Robinson in, you could see the difference i2 games later. Wish Bob didn't ride a horse until it was dead but we just don't get the linebackers like Teddy, Torrance, Rocky, etc.

Tear Down This Wall
10/14/2013, 11:41 AM
I'm not saying fire him. What I'm saying is, there is a distinct lack of a killer instinct.

Texas was ripe for the kill Saturday, for sure. I expected the game to be closer than many thought because Phillips and Nelson were out.

But, let me say something...if those two being out means we have the type of defense that gives up 100+ to two runners, we are in heap big trouble, tribe.

There was no secret that Texas was going to have to run to win. And, they did. That we fiddly-farted around knowing full well that the run game was going to be the thing is worrisome.

I'm not even going to get into our veteran offensive line p*issing itself.

As far as playcalling, I've said for a couple of seasons that we need to cut bait with Heupel and this "record-setting" spread attack that gets us nowhere national title-wise.

Here's what I think, the two paths we can go down:
(1) Stay the course of being King of the Dipsh*ts, being satisfied with Big 12 Conference titles every other year, or
(2) Get serious about going back to major bowls and competing for national titles. That means potentially ridding ourselves of Heupel and Norvell...I don't think Stoops will.

People look at Nick Saban and say, "Well, the guy's an a*shole. All he does is football. Yada-yada-yada." Well, what the hell do you think Alabama is paying him to do? Pass out milk and cookies at bedtime?

Here's the difference between the Sabans of the world and the Stoopses and Mack Browns of the world: Saban hates to lose, the others merely don't like to lose.

(BONUS: The upside to Texas winning is that, perhaps, Mack Brown stays another season. The thought of Nick Saban at Texas is an absolute nightmare scenario.)

Tear Down This Wall
10/14/2013, 11:45 AM
Also, to lurkers who think it's insane to complain about 10+ win seasons and conference titles...screw you. Go back to watching the C-USA or some other watered down conference where schools wet themselves with excitement just to qualify for a bowl game.

This ain't that. We don't pony up $5 million+ per season to a head coach to be satisfied that we got by Kansas and Louisiana-Monroe.

Stop spitting the bit on games where we're favored to win, and...go ahead and win.

cvsooner
10/14/2013, 11:51 AM
If anyone listens to sports radio, or watches ESPN, what was the big story for the three weeks preceding this game?

It was how bad Texas is, how poorly they are coached, how they bungle every play, their poor QB play, and guessing how long until Mack was fired. Those are the guys that just steamrolled us. Surely that will put a little water in the Kool-aid.

Yes, I know they have good players. It was obvious they were better than most of ours by the way they smacked us down.

And yet most of those same players were there the past two seasons. So there's that.

Tear Down This Wall
10/14/2013, 12:04 PM
And yet most of those same players were there the past two seasons. So there's that.

Right. Their senior were 0-3 against us going into the game. So, telling me they have better talent is horsesh*t. We have equal talent. What we didn't have Saturday was equal want to.

And, remember this, Texas was also without two of their starting defenders, their top returning linebacker and one of their starters in the secondary...and they didn't wet themselves.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/14/2013, 01:03 PM
Right. Their senior were 0-3 against us going into the game. So, telling me they have better talent is horsesh*t. We have equal talent. What we didn't have Saturday was equal want to.

And, remember this, Texas was also without two of their starting defenders, their top returning linebacker and one of their starters in the secondary...and they didn't wet themselves.

Yes, and we had lost the only 2 guys keeping the middle of our defense from being a sieve. The difference in this game was that their QB was able to make plays for a half and ours couldn't.

cvsooner
10/14/2013, 01:10 PM
Texas basically beat us the way I thought we'd play them...running the ball a lot, and effectively, throwing the ball on key third downs, and making stops where necessary, pressuring the QB...about the only thing that worked for us was special teams and even that was mixed--good kickoff return, mostly effective punting, blocked extra point, but gave up a TD on a punt return.

I don't know if we just looked at film and decided, "hey, this will be easy, let's plan for Kansas" (or, more likely, Texas Tech), or we just ran into a buzzsaw. Maybe a little of both.

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2013, 01:17 PM
Texas basically beat us the way I thought we'd play them...running the ball a lot, and effectively, throwing the ball on key third downs, and making stops where necessary, pressuring the QB...about the only thing that worked for us was special teams and even that was mixed--good kickoff return, mostly effective punting, blocked extra point, but gave up a TD on a punt return.

I don't know if we just looked at film and decided, "hey, this will be easy, let's plan for Kansas" (or, more likely, Texas Tech), or we just ran into a buzzsaw. Maybe a little of both.

That's it! We were looking ahead to the KU game. This was a trap game!

cvsooner
10/14/2013, 01:29 PM
You know, in all seriousness, I thought the three game gauntlet of Notre Dame, TCU and Texas would be tough. The first one wound up being perhaps the easiest. We squeaked by TCU and then laid a total egg against Texas with us being schooled with exactly what was working for us. Disheartening, to say the least.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/14/2013, 01:56 PM
Uh-oh, you done sorta said the SEC is better than the Big 12! We got a coupla posters around here that went all haywire last week about the untruth in that! Maybe seeing a trash Texas team beat us today will temper their enthusiasm for making that argument?

Wasn't Georgia supposed to set the world on fire this year? Did they just get rolled by Missouri? I guess Mo is in the SEC now so their recruiting is amazing and their level of play is well above Big XII play.

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2013, 02:24 PM
I'm actually bummed for UGA. Murray was having one of those magical years and injuries have just wiped them out. I can't imagine what we would look like if we lost Saunders, Shepard, Bester, and DD Willams for the season. And if that wasn't enough, thrown in Clay and Reynolds "indefinitely". I was hoping UGA could break up the inevitable Bama/LSU lock on the SEC this year, but no way in heck now.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/14/2013, 02:50 PM

I agree with the steam-rolling part. Our D-line was pushed back all game long. Our linebackers were pretty bad too. I thought we were great in pass coverage. Those 2 long passes that McCoy made were just great f'ing passes. I didn't think he had it in him. Better players? Eh, whatever. We could have won the game, but they were simply better that day.

Temujin
10/14/2013, 02:52 PM
I hate to even suggest it, because Bob has done a LOT of great things here. But at some point he has to answer for these letdowns. I'm not hitting the panic button on Bob like UT fans are with Mack, but I think everyone needs to be accountable. The re-hiring of Mike (clearly a great move so far) and the off-season changes in staff were enough to extend him a little extra leeway...mainly because he's been so stubborn about that stuff in the past. I think it also shows that he actually does recognize where the problems are. I'm hopeful he can find a way to fix the offense, too. But I'm also tired of watching us flail away helplessly when times get tough.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/14/2013, 02:55 PM
I'm actually bummed for UGA. Murray was having one of those magical years and injuries have just wiped them out. I can't imagine what we would look like if we lost Saunders, Shepard, Bester, and DD Willams for the season. And if that wasn't enough, thrown in Clay and Reynolds "indefinitely". I was hoping UGA could break up the inevitable Bama/LSU lock on the SEC this year, but no way in heck now.

You can't? What if you lose 4 guys on your o-line? Didn't we do that 2 years ago at the beginning of the season? That **** seems to happen to us too often! We lose Bradford, Murray, White, Peterson, Broyels, and guys that that at key times. Sucks, but it happens all the time.

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2013, 03:09 PM
You can't? What if you lose 4 guys on your o-line? Didn't we do that 2 years ago at the beginning of the season? That **** seems to happen to us too often! We lose Bradford, Murray, White, Peterson, Broyels, and guys that that at key times. Sucks, but it happens all the time.

I was talking about this years team. I didn't have to imagine what happened to our '09 team :(

But if we're talking reality of today's team, I now don't have to imagine what would happen if our already thin middle defense lost our only true NT and best LB.

Curly Bill
10/14/2013, 09:44 PM
Wasn't Georgia supposed to set the world on fire this year? Did they just get rolled by Missouri? I guess Mo is in the SEC now so their recruiting is amazing and their level of play is well above Big XII play.

Georgia is a lot like us - no matter how high or low the expectations they'll find a way to disappoint. Missouri beating them is like Texas beating us, except Georgia had better excuses with its top 2 backs being out (one of em perhaps the best back in college football). Anyway, we could trade Bob for Mark Richt and not miss a beat, and vice versa.

OU_Sooners75
10/14/2013, 09:53 PM
Not a kool aid drinker, but I would say there were some good stuff, not much, but some.

The play action pass out of the diamond to Millard was a great play.

The diamond runs for Ford were pretty good too.

The FG and PK kicking was a good thing.

Deep snapping was awesome.

Dom Alexander was a bright spot overall as well. He wasn't perfect, but recorded 17 tackles.

Outside a couple of deep balls, the DBs played well too. Just that the middle was like puddy.

8timechamps
10/14/2013, 10:57 PM
Georgia is a lot like us - no matter how high or low the expectations they'll find a way to disappoint. Missouri beating them is like Texas beating us, except Georgia had better excuses with its top 2 backs being out (one of em perhaps the best back in college football). Anyway, we could trade Bob for Mark Richt and not miss a beat, and vice versa.

So, missing our starting MLB and DT isn't bad enough?

I'm not really going to argue the merits of missing players, but I will concede that I didn't think missing Nelson would hurt us as much as it did. Anytime you take a solid contributor off of the field, it's going to hurt somewhere.

I'm also not going to argue your point about UGA and OU being very similar. I've thought that for a long time.

OU_Sooners75
10/14/2013, 11:05 PM

So, missing our starting MLB and DT isn't bad enough?

I'm not really going to argue the merits of missing players, but I will concede that I didn't think missing Nelson would hurt us as much as it did. Anytime you take a solid contributor off of the field, it's going to hurt somewhere.

I'm also not going to argue your point about UGA and OU being very similar. I've thought that for a long time.

I have to disagree here somewhat...
Missing Nelson we are missing a leader. But it really didn't hurt us as bad as missing a dominate NG....Phillips.

Alexander didn't have a perfect game by any stretch, but he had a good game. Recorded 17 tackles. So he was around the ball a lot.

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2013, 11:11 PM
Missing Nelson we are missing a leader. But it really didn't hurt us as bad as missing a dominate NG....Phillips.

Alexander didn't have a perfect game by any stretch, but he had a good game. Recorded 17 tackles. So he was around the ball a lot.

Stop it, I hate having to agree with you. :surprise: I thought Alexander played pretty well and only missed a couple of plays that cost us a few yards. Can't say what Nelson would have done or the impact he has on other players though. But missing Phillips was huge and the impact was obvious. Running a 3 man front defense without a true anchor at NT doesn't fly. I have no doubt Phillips would have disrupted enough running plays to interrupt drives and put them in harder 3rd down situations. Just 1 play per drive can make a huge difference. The horns dominated our D line consistently on running plays.

Curly Bill
10/14/2013, 11:22 PM
No doubt missing Phillips was huge, but at this point in the season you're gonna be missing some players. But the defense wasn't our biggest problem!

My point was Georgia missing the guy who may be the best back in college football (and his very talented backup) was a bigger deal to them, than OU missing Phillips and Nelson was. This is arguable I guess, but again our defense wasn't our biggest problem.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/14/2013, 11:24 PM

The problem with using that stat is it doesn't tell us WHERE he was when he made them. He had 13 solo tackles and only 1 TFL whereas Nelson up to this game had 13 solos with 3 TFLs. So lets take a look shall we (anything 2 or under is good)...

-1 yards
4 yards
22 yards
6 yards (assist)
4 yards
3 yards
3 yards (assist)
5 yards
[end of first quarter]
5 yards (assist)
13 yards
[end of 2nd quarter]
1 yard (assist)
1 yard
3 yards (assist)
[end of 3rd quarter]
4 yards
4 yards
3 yards
2 yards (assist)
5 yards
[end of 4th]

Curly Bill
10/14/2013, 11:26 PM
The problem with using that stat is it doesn't tell us WHERE he was when he made them. He had 13 solo tackles and only 1 TFL whereas Nelson up to this game had 13 solos with 3 TFLs. So lets take a look shall we (anything 2 or under is good)...

-1 yards
4 yards
22 yards
6 yards (assist)
4 yards
3 yards
3 yards (assist)
5 yards
[end of first quarter]
5 yards (assist)
13 yards
[end of 2nd quarter]
1 yard (assist)
1 yard
3 yards (assist)
[end of 3rd quarter]
4 yards
4 yards
3 yards
2 yards (assist)
5 yards
[end of 4th]

On the plus side: He's fast enough to catch guys from behind! ;)

OU_Sooners75
10/14/2013, 11:27 PM

-1 yards
4 yards
22 yards
6 yards (assist)
4 yards
3 yards
3 yards (assist)
5 yards
[end of first quarter]
5 yards (assist)
13 yards
[end of 2nd quarter]
1 yard (assist)
1 yard
3 yards (assist)
[end of 3rd quarter]
4 yards
4 yards
3 yards
2 yards (assist)
5 yards
[end of 4th]

It doesn't matter where he was when he made the tackles. The fact remains he made the tackles.

Surely you are not suggesting Nelson makes all of them behind the LOS?

The fact remains he made the plays. 17 tackles means he was hustling to the ball. you obviously want to discredit his game.

OU_Sooners75
10/14/2013, 11:29 PM
No doubt missing Phillips was huge, but at this point in the season you're gonna be missing some players. But the defense wasn't our biggest problem!

My point was Georgia missing the guy who may be the best back in college football (and his very talented backup) was a bigger deal to them, than OU missing Phillips and Nelson was. This is arguable I guess, but again our defense wasn't our biggest problem.

Actually agree with Curly on this...so you know you mofos are screwed when we agree!

Curly Bill
10/14/2013, 11:33 PM
Actually agree with Curly on this...so you know you mofos are screwed when we agree!

:surprise:

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2013, 11:39 PM
It doesn't matter where he was when he made the tackles. The fact remains he made the tackles.

The fact remains he made the plays. 17 tackles means he was hustling to the ball. you obviously want to discredit his game.

Many of those 1-4 yard gains were pretty good stops and I doubt Nelson does much better. Their O-line got that much push against our D-line with blockers left over to help with LBs.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/15/2013, 04:48 PM

It doesn't matter where the tackle was made? Are you insane? Run defense is ALL about WHERE the tackle was made. If you give up 10 yards a carry and your safety makes 22 tackles your run defense sucks. If you give up 4 yards a carry the other team never has to pass. Thus, in order to be good against the run, the object is to stop someone in 2 yards or less >75% of the time (hopefully netting a 3.2 average).

Right now we are giving up 4.3 yards/rush which is much improved over last year's 5.2. However, we are also not even into the meat of the schedule.

Mjcpr
10/15/2013, 04:51 PM
It doesn't matter where the tackle was made? Are you insane? Run defense is ALL about WHERE the tackle was made. If you give up 10 yards a carry and your safety makes 22 tackles your run defense sucks. If you give up 4 yards a carry the other team never has to pass. Thus, in order to be good against the run, the object is to stop someone in 2 yards or less >75% of the time (hopefully netting a 3.2 average).

Right now we are giving up 4.3 yards/rush which is much improved over last year's 5.2. However, we are also not even into the meat of the schedule.

ND, Texas and TCU don't count as meat?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/15/2013, 04:52 PM
Many of those 1-4 yard gains were pretty good stops and I doubt Nelson does much better. Their O-line got that much push against our D-line with blockers left over to help with LBs.

The one thing about Nelson this year has been that he is more decisive. He makes his read and goes whereas the last several years it took 2 seconds before our LBs even moved. I think that Nelson would have cut some of those gains in half because he would have had more momentum at the point of contact and not allowed Gray to get an extra yard or 2 on the takedown. I also think that some of those tackles wouldn't have been made as Nelson does tend to randomly disappear.

At this point, Alexander is Travis Lewis with a motor. I have no idea if that is going to get our run defense worked out, but we'll have to see.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/15/2013, 04:55 PM
ND, Texas and TCU don't count as meat?

Teams at the end of the season have a clear advantage scheming personnel because of film. Historically, OU has been in 2 camps on defense -> Most of the time we get worse statistically as the season progresses, occasionally we get better statistically.

edit: although you may have a point now that I finally found the ncaa statistics page. Texas is the 2nd best rushing offense we'll face all season (behind Baylor). I didn't realize just how bad our conference was in running the ball.

Mjcpr
10/15/2013, 05:00 PM
I would think TCU and ND should be decent running teams as well. Mainly because they can't throw it.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/15/2013, 05:02 PM
I would think TCU and ND should be decent running teams as well. Mainly because they can't throw it.

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/ranking_summary

Prepare to be as surprised as I was ;)

TCU is ranked 93rd in rushing offense, Notre Dame 95

Heck, even Leach in dead last kind of surprised me.

8timechamps
10/15/2013, 05:41 PM
Last week, I made the comment that the loss of Nelson wouldn't be too hurtful overall. I was wrong.

I love Alexander, and I think he'll be a very good player, but he's a freshman and it shows. He was out of position quite a few times in the first half (he did seem to do better with that later in the game), and is struggling with his pass protection responsibility when in coverage.

Fortunately, he's fast enough to recover, but he still has a lot to develop in this defensive scheme.

No doubt that Phillips was the more obvious absence Saturday, but I think Nelson's absence was just as big.

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2013, 05:49 PM
Last week, I made the comment that the loss of Nelson wouldn't be too hurtful overall. I was wrong.

I love Alexander, and I think he'll be a very good player, but he's a freshman and it shows. He was out of position quite a few times in the first half (he did seem to do better with that later in the game), and is struggling with his pass protection responsibility when in coverage.

Fortunately, he's fast enough to recover, but he still has a lot to develop in this defensive scheme.

No doubt that Phillips was the more obvious absence Saturday, but I think Nelson's absence was just as big.

No doubt both players absence made a difference - there is a reason they were both starters. Not that it matters what they might have done - it's history now. They may have made last weeks game more competitive, but I can't see us winning unless they forced a bevy of turnovers and did the offenses' job too.

Johnny Utah
10/19/2013, 02:21 PM

I know Badger has said the same, and there are some similarities, but I think Georgia could be more of an underachiever based on the talent it recruits and sends to the NFL. That being said, I think Georgia responds better to adversity and can be a come from behind team. It's coaches seem to make in-game or halftime adjustments to get the team back in the game, even if they're in a pretty big hole. JMHO.

Johnny Utah
10/19/2013, 04:52 PM
I know Badger has said the same, and there are some similarities, but I think Georgia could be more of an underachiever based on the talent it recruits and sends to the NFL. That being said, I think Georgia responds better to adversity and can be a come from behind team. It's coaches seem to make in-game or halftime adjustments to get the team back in the game, even if they're in a pretty big hole. JMHO.

As I was saying ...

Nice to see OU responding to some adversity and changing the momentum of the game.