PDA

View Full Version : CFB Experts....

rock on sooner
10/11/2013, 11:02 AM
on ESPNU...commercial teaser...interesting point they make...It's
not IF UT loses, it's HOW they lose is whether or not Mack stays
or goes....The Herd is in Dallas...Mack supposed to be on in a while...

badger
10/11/2013, 11:07 AM
About the only thing that can save him is if the quarterback they're redshirting comes in and acts like the second coming of Vince Young... the version that beat us once, not the version that lost to us twice.

MyT Oklahoma
10/11/2013, 12:09 PM
Ain't nothing on Heaven or Earth gonna save Mack's a$$ this weekend.

DrZaius
10/11/2013, 12:13 PM
Unfortunately I think the Mack Clap era is over regardless of tomorrow. I sure would like him to stay though

thecrimsoncrusader
10/11/2013, 12:21 PM
UT is dumb enough and certainly deserving enough to hire an even worse coach.

SoonerInHSV
10/11/2013, 02:51 PM

Well historically Mack has the best percentage record since Berry Whitaker coached there from 1920-1922. So yeah the chances are not in their favor.

stoopified
10/11/2013, 04:00 PM
I think it is funny that UT and many National so-called football experts think UT will be able to make a big splash in hiring Mack's replacement.Look at their track record after Royal: Akers,McWilliams,Mackovic,Beown.None of them came from a major program or had an elite program going attheir last job.Akers came from Wyoming,Mackovic from Wake Forest- Illinois,Mack form North Carolina.I have no idea where McWilliams came from.

stoopified
10/11/2013, 04:09 PM
McWilliams came from ONE YEAR as HCat Texas Tech.

bluedogok
10/11/2013, 04:29 PM
McWilliams was a former UT player and assistant under Akers. The brass in Belmont told him they wouldn't promote or hire an assistant as head coach so he went and found him a head coaching gig. Then UT hired him after that year, the Tech people were pissed. My wife was a student there at the time and a friend was a player and there were some pretty venomous stories going on about it.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/11/2013, 06:00 PM
Akers wasnt bad. But the others...

PLaw
10/11/2013, 06:10 PM
McWilliams came from ONE YEAR as HCat Texas Tech.

McWilliams was sent to ttu by uterus ad to get a year of HC experience on his résumé so that he could be named uterus HC with credentials.

Jacie
10/11/2013, 08:11 PM
About the only thing that can save him is if the quarterback they're redshirting comes in and acts like the second coming of Vince Young... the version that beat us once, not the version that lost to us twice.

That would be either Holtz or Swoopes.

I think Mack will actually do this if the Sooners get up on them by three scores and the offense is unable to move the ball. It will be a desperation move considering neither of them has played a single down this year. Whorn faithful point to the '77 game when the Sooner defense knocked out the 1st and 2nd string QB's early on, forcing Akers to send in the 3rd stringer, a kid named Randy McEachern. As he had no grasp of the offense the only play they could run was to hand it off to Earl Campbell, which turned out to be the spark they needed to move the ball in what was a low-scoring game. It was also the one game in three that Earl played when sa*et beat OU (he also played in the '76 tie and a loss in '75). The problem facing a Holtz/Swoopes led offense is Jonathan Gray, as good a RB as he may be, is no Earl Campbell . . .

kevpks
10/11/2013, 09:10 PM

This is what I've been saying. They have not yet hired their Howard or Blake. In fact, I think both are available.