PDA

View Full Version : "Tragic" situation for AD

swardboy
10/11/2013, 08:39 AM
Posted by Mike Florio on October 11, 2013, 7:01 AM EDT

AP
Adrian Peterson (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4169/adrian-peterson) is indeed dealing with a personal situation that a source close to Peterson describes as “tragic.”

The source declined to share any further details, explaining that it’s a subject Peterson will address at the appropriate time.

On Thursday, Stu Whitney of the Argus (S.D.)Leader reported that Peterson remains in Sioux Falls (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/10/peterson-remains-in-south-dakota-for-very-serious-family-medical-issue/), “dealing with [a] medical issue (https://twitter.com/stuwhitney/status/388411549158608896) involving [a] young family member that likely will be a police matter” and that it is a “very serious (https://twitter.com/stuwhitney/status/388382626832072704)” health situation.

No further details are currently available. Multiple tipsters have suggested a possible link (http://www.argusleader.com/article/20131010/ARGUS911/131010015/Toddler-hospitalized-Sioux-Falls-man-arrested?nclick_check=1) to news of a Sioux Falls toddler being in critical condition, and a man named Robert Joseph Patterson charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant.

We continue to extend our best wishes to Adrian Peterson and his family.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/11/2013, 08:41 AM
Hate to hear that. AD knows tragedy all too well unfortunately.

Sooner11JK
10/11/2013, 09:39 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/11/adrian-peterson-son-assault-battery-2-year-old-police-child-abuse/

Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son is currently in critical condition in a South Dakota hospital ... after he was allegedly severely beaten by the man dating the mother of his child, TMZ has learned.

The Minnesota Vikings running back immediately left his team to be with his son.

Officials tell us they've arrested the suspect, 27-year-old Joseph Patterson ... who's been charged with aggravated felony assault and battery of an infant.

According to law enforcement, emergency responders arrived to the apartment where Peterson's son was living at 5:46 PM on Wednesday ... and found the child unresponsive.

He was rushed to a nearby hospital and medical experts determined the injuries were consistent with abuse.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the child suffered severe head injuries.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/11/adrian-peterson-son-assault-battery-2-year-old-police-child-abuse/#ixzz2hQNi3cXV
Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com

cherokeebrewer
10/11/2013, 09:46 AM
Those who abuse children are the scum of the Earth...

rock on sooner
10/11/2013, 11:44 AM
Those who abuse children are the scum of the Earth...

Shouldn't insult "scum" that way....SOB should never see the light
of day in prison and must be put in the general population where
he'll be at the bottom of the food chain!!

Wishboned
10/11/2013, 11:48 AM
My heart goes out to AD and his family, and my prayers are with his son.

And I hope that bastard that did this gets what's coming to him. Vengeance is mine saith The Lord...but I'm a believer that sometimes even The Lord need a little help.

MyT Oklahoma
10/11/2013, 12:02 PM
Sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to AD and his family.

olevetonahill
10/11/2013, 12:13 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/11/4827392/adrian-peterson-son-critical-condition-vikings

SoonerForLife92
10/11/2013, 12:15 PM
Its just too bad he went to prison before AD and/or his posse could get to this idiotic individual.

Piware
10/11/2013, 12:31 PM
Poor Adrian. Where was the mother when this baby was being abused? They would have had to lock me up for attempted murder if this had been my child! As a mom myself, I simply cannot fathom standing by and letting some man abuse my child or anyone else's for that matter.

Hope this innocent is not just a trophy and meal ticket for the mom. She should be charged too.

badger
10/11/2013, 01:05 PM
Poor Adrian. Where was the mother when this baby was being abused? They would have had to lock me up for attempted murder if this had been my child! As a mom myself, I simply cannot fathom standing by and letting some man abuse my child or anyone else's for that matter.

Hope this innocent is not just a trophy and meal ticket for the mom. She should be charged too.

It sounds like the boyfriend has been accused in the past of beating her too, from what TMZ said earlier.

I agree that AD needs to file for custody to ensure that beatin' boyfriend gets no gravy train off baby mama child support payments. Seeing all of those happy photos of AD with his other son AD Jr -- that is what this boy deserves, not this imposter dad

PS: I know we are supposed to hate texas this week, but shaggy has joined forces in sh!t talking the kid beater (http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/136938-Adrian-Peterson-s-2-Year-Old-Son-in-ICU)

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/11/2013, 01:20 PM
SI now reporting that the child is not expected to survive. @#$#@!

Boomer.....
10/11/2013, 01:28 PM
How tragic. I could never imagine what AD is going through. Prayers for him and his family. I hope this ****er gets what's coming to him in prison!

LakeRat
10/11/2013, 01:34 PM
I have to keep this short as to keep my post from being completely *'s.

KantoSooner
10/11/2013, 01:46 PM
Beating an infant. Lovely. He's 27 the article said? I'm afraid there's no unlearning whatever crap is inside his head. Quite frankly the best thing for all involved would be to put a bullet behind his ear and dump his body in a dumpster.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/11/2013, 01:58 PM
Beating an infant. Lovely. He's 27 the article said? I'm afraid there's no unlearning whatever crap is inside his head. Quite frankly the best thing for all involved would be to put a bullet behind his ear and dump his body in a dumpster.

Too quick and painless. I'm normally a nonviolent person but I'd vote for giving him a taste of his own medicine.

nighttrain12
10/11/2013, 02:23 PM
http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2013/10/adrian_petersons_sioux_falls_child_was_a_secret_so urce_says.php

He didn't even know it was his kid until very recently since it was a casual relationship with the mother. It was a 'secret' child.

SoonerStormchaser
10/11/2013, 02:35 PM
Baby momma had better have a few charges thrown her way too...

olevetonahill
10/11/2013, 02:44 PM
Baby momma had better have a few charges thrown her way too...

Why? being stupid? She wasnt there when it happened.

Yet she should have known this maggots past
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2013/10/11/adrian-peterson-son-critical-condition/2966015/

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/11/2013, 02:49 PM
How would she have known his past? I doubt it's the kind of the thing he would have told her.

Still, it does sound like she was way stupid.

olevetonahill
10/11/2013, 03:17 PM
How would she have known his past? I doubt it's the kind of the thing he would have told her.

Still, it does sound like she was way stupid.

If you are going to leave your 2 year old with a dude aren't you going to do a Minimal Check? I know I would. I dont trust ANYONE.

stoopified
10/11/2013, 03:50 PM
Too quick and painless. I'm normally a nonviolent person but I'd vote for giving him a taste of his own medicine.Let AD beat him until he gets too tired to beat him anymore.AD being the physical specimen he is,that would take quite a while.Thoughts and prayers with AD and his family.

cvsooner
10/11/2013, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't want to be the Panthers' defense Sunday either.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/11/2013, 04:20 PM
If you are going to leave your 2 year old with a dude aren't you going to do a Minimal Check? I know I would. I dont trust ANYONE.

Well, that's a moot point because I'm not going to leave my 2-year-old with a dude I've only been recently dating. Nor am I going to move in with a dude I've only been recently dating.

The stupid started well before it got to the point where she left the child with the guy.

bmjlr
10/11/2013, 04:37 PM
Report is out that his son has passed away. Too freaking sad...how horrible.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/11/us/adrian-peterson-son-alleged-assault/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

olevetonahill
10/11/2013, 04:57 PM
Well, that's a moot point because I'm not going to leave my 2-year-old with a dude I've only been recently dating. Nor am I going to move in with a dude I've only been recently dating.

The stupid started well before it got to the point where she left the child with the guy.

Thats MY point Gal. She should have KNOWN about him.

Wishboned
10/11/2013, 05:02 PM

Amen. I dated a girl for six months before we even met each others kids.

SicEmBaylor
10/11/2013, 05:07 PM
Terrible terrible news. Some people just need to be ended, and anyone who would beat up and kill a toddler certainly qualifies for that slug behind the ear. No kid deserves that ****.

How involved was AD in this kid's life?

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/11/2013, 05:10 PM
Terrible terrible news. Some people just need to be ended, and anyone who would beat up and kill a toddler certainly qualifies for that slug behind the ear. No kid deserves that ****.

So involved that he was back practicing today for Sunday's game, which he's said he'll play in.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/11/2013, 05:12 PM
Thats MY point Gal. She should have KNOWN about him.

Gotcha. My point is if you're dumb enough to do the things in my post, you're way too dumb to even think about checking into the guy's background.

Poor kid.

olevetonahill
10/11/2013, 05:12 PM

He didnt even know he had a Kid there until just a few months ago.Like he said Football is his release

nighttrain12
10/11/2013, 06:49 PM
I doubt he plays on Sunday now. He needs to get away from things for awhile and spend time with his family. That's at least a thousand times more important.

rock on sooner
10/11/2013, 06:52 PM
No matter the circumstance, heartfelt prayers for the little guy...
my heart aches for the defenseless...how does God answer this
toddler's question? Why me? What did I do, except exist?

olevetonahill
10/11/2013, 06:55 PM
I doubt he plays on Sunday now. He needs to get away from things for awhile and spend time with his family. That's at least a thousand times more important.

Pretty sure he said he WOULD play.
Like I said it was reported he dint even know he had a son with this ya-inch until a month er so ago.She dint know her own slutty self who the baby Daddy was until they did a DNA.
If I had a son who died from sompun like this and I dint even know him much Id be sad but Not all broke up.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/11/2013, 07:12 PM
Well, I'd say she's no sluttier than AD, if he has two kids by different women both about two years old. Goose, gander.

olevetonahill
10/11/2013, 07:39 PM
Well, I'd say she's no sluttier than AD, if he has two kids by different women both about two years old. Goose, gander.

Pull in the Claws LOL

about 1/2 the wimmens out there are Sluts. where as 99% of the Mens are.

SicEmBaylor
10/11/2013, 07:57 PM
Pull in the Claws LOL

Everyone is a whore, they're just haggling over price.

That was one of the best pieces of advice my old debate coach gave me. He was a Vietnam fighter pilot...he could be pretty salty. :D

I forgot my briefcase in the bathroom once...he told me, "Son, you keep your business in one hand and your business in the other!"

Sorry back to the subject at hand..

C&CDean
10/11/2013, 08:08 PM
For the record, I wouldn't be playing Sunday because a) I'd be in jail, and b) you can't play football in jail.

I've always loved AD, but the boy better get his dick clipped and focus on what's really important. Sheez. First, it's "I'm a slave" and now this horse****. C'mon man.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/11/2013, 08:18 PM
Pull in the Claws LOL

LOL. I would never claw at you, Vet.

birddog
10/11/2013, 08:43 PM
My thoughts go to AD. It is hard to imagine losing a child so violently. I'm sure it's gone thru his mind continuously as he gets mental images of the atrocity against his child.
The very thought that this sort of thing happens all over and way too often causes me to replay how I've treated my son for all of his 6 yrs on this earth. I have nothing but love and protection on my mind and to consider hurting him in any way leads me to believe I am not privileged to exist. Unfortunately there are bout 5 million people unfit to breath our air.

FaninAma
10/11/2013, 08:51 PM
The little guy deserved a lot more from ALL of the adults in his life.

Eielson
10/11/2013, 09:09 PM
So involved that he was back practicing today for Sunday's game, which he's said he'll play in.

What else is he going to do? I doubt you've ever been in this situation.

okiewaker
10/11/2013, 09:15 PM
Horrible! Regardless AD is a star,,,horrible. On another note,,,Casillas called AD AP on the radio waves today. smh

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/11/2013, 10:40 PM
What else is he going to do? I doubt you've ever been in this situation.

You're right, I haven't.

Using my imagination, if in some alternative universe where males and females both gave birth, I found out I was the parent of a child I didn't previously know about, and then that child was brutally murdered not long after, I'd be devastated.

Whether I knew him or not, I would be devastated that this part of myself that I could have had the opportunity to nurture, support, love, make smile, parent into becoming an exceptional adult was snuffed out for no reason. I would be so devastated I couldn't possibly go to work. I couldn't possibly even get out of bed.

Then again I'm female so apparently if I were a male, I wouldn't be too broken up in this situation. (Sorry, Vet, I lied, that was a claw at you. Are you SERIOUS? Just because you didn't know your own child well you wouldn't be too broken up about him being beaten to death? Tell me I misunderstood you.)

All that being said, I also recognize that people grieve in different ways. So if going back to his usual routine helps AD grieve, who am I to judge? The outrage I felt when I made this post (the post quoted above, I mean) has worn off. Now I just feel sad.

nighttrain12
10/11/2013, 11:02 PM
I believe AD said 'before' his son passed away that he would play on Sunday. I think he will change his mind now and might have changed it anyway if his son were still fighting for his life.

okiewaker
10/11/2013, 11:15 PM
What gets lost in all the bickering,,don't matter what sperm cell hatched that egg, An innocent soul was lost. FTW!!!

olevetonahill
10/11/2013, 11:27 PM
Everyone is a whore, they're just haggling over price.

That was one of the best pieces of advice my old debate coach gave me. He was a Vietnam fighter pilot...he could be pretty salty. :D

I forgot my briefcase in the bathroom once...he told me, "Son, you keep your business in one hand and your business in the other!"

Sorry back to the subject at hand..

What He fly?

olevetonahill
10/11/2013, 11:29 PM
LOL. I would never claw at you, Vet.

But I mite like it !:friendly_wink:

olevetonahill
10/11/2013, 11:30 PM
The little guy deserved a lot more from ALL of the adults in his life.

THIS!!!!!!!

hawaii 5-0
10/11/2013, 11:39 PM
It's unimaginable what AD's going thru. My deepest sympathies to the Peterson family.

5-0

olevetonahill
10/11/2013, 11:43 PM
It's unimaginable what AD's going thru. My deepest sympathies to the Peterson family.

5-0

http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/yes.gif

sendbaht
10/12/2013, 12:34 AM
Gosh, thought I turn on the computer and read some horn misery news and relax...then I read this about AD..OMG sorry AD we all love you man...

SicEmBaylor
10/13/2013, 05:38 AM
What He fly?

F-4s. At the very end, he was assigned to the retraining program for POWs to get them back in the air ASAP should the need arise. When they retired the F-4s he switched to the F-15 and did some work for the Pentagon. He retired in the late 80's.

Great guy -- I think the world of him. He was a debater at OU before going into the military. The crazy thing about him though was that he got lost EVERYWHERE he went. He'd even get lost when we had tournaments at OU....and he went to OU! I asked him one time how on Earth he flew fighter jets with his sense of direction and he said, "It's easy to make up lost time when you're going Mach 2." :D

Soonerfossil
10/13/2013, 07:37 AM
I feel very sad for the death of this child, but honestly, I'm having great difficulties having too much sympathy for AD over this. "THE FIRST TIME HE HAD SEEN THIS CHILD WAS WHEN IT WAS ON LIFE SUPPORT!". Then, I found out he's fathered two other children by one or two other women, and so far as I know, he isn't married to either.

Dammit!! He may be a hero to OU fans, but this is irresponsible behavior and I actually thought AD had his crap together and was a mature, responsible individual. Seems I was wrong on both counts!!

olevetonahill
10/13/2013, 07:49 AM
I feel very sad for the death of this child, but honestly, I'm having great difficulties having too much sympathy for AD over this. "THE FIRST TIME HE HAD SEEN THIS CHILD WAS WHEN IT WAS ON LIFE SUPPORT!". Then, I found out he's fathered two other children by one or two other women, and so far as I know, he isn't married to either.

Dammit!! He may be a hero to OU fans, but this is irresponsible behavior and I actually thought AD had his crap together and was a mature, responsible individual. Seems I was wrong on both counts!!

Dont even try to TELL us that You never had sex with a woman and then just moved on. Maybe not even knowing her Full name.
As for his "Other" 2 children I believe Him and the Baby Momma LIVE together

cherokeebrewer
10/13/2013, 10:11 AM
Great guy -- I think the world of him. He was a debater at OU before going into the military. The crazy thing about him though was that he got lost EVERYWHERE he went. He'd even get lost when we had tournaments at OU....and he went to OU! I asked him one time how on Earth he flew fighter jets with his sense of direction and he said, "It's easy to make up lost time when you're going Mach 2." :D

My first flight instructor was an old retired B52 pilot. He was a character and a little dizzy too. He knew stuff others didn't know but was a little weak on navigation. Still makes me smile to think about...

nighttrain12
10/13/2013, 12:55 PM
Here's his explanation on why he is playing today:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/vikings-running-back-adrian-peterson-explains-why-playing-164158944--nfl.html

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWeAmilCYAAqvk9.jpg

SoonerTerry
10/13/2013, 02:17 PM
I'll be saying prayers for AD and his family.

Soonerfossil
10/13/2013, 06:22 PM
Dont even try to TELL us that You never had sex with a woman and then just moved on. Maybe not even knowing her Full name.
As for his "Other" 2 children I believe Him and the Baby Momma LIVE together

I can do better than try olevet, I can assure I have never done that. If I did have sex with a woman and then just moved on, it wouldn't be until AFTER I made damned sure she was protected and wouldn't give birth to my offspring later. How's that? Good enough for you?

Statalyzer
10/15/2013, 05:34 PM
Regardless, some people handle painful situations better by not interrupting their routines. If that's how things are for him, it's not up to any of us to say that's a bad idea.

olevetonahill
10/15/2013, 05:37 PM
I can do better than try olevet, I can assure I have never done that. If I did have sex with a woman and then just moved on, it wouldn't be until AFTER I made damned sure she was protected and wouldn't give birth to my offspring later. How's that? Good enough for you?

Then yer user name should Be "Sooner SAINTfossil" LOL

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2013, 05:41 PM
Pro football is unlike normal professions. Careers are compressed into a few short years and players are expected to play in spite of life events that excuse most people from their jobs. I'm guessing 99% of NFL players would have chosen to play as AD did.

badger
10/17/2013, 02:44 PM
The rhetoric today has changed on this story after AD admitted that the first time he met this son was in the hospital last week. There are now reports that say he has up to 7 children with multiple women, including the two with his current girlfriend.

And yes, criticism follows. (http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-10-16/news/bs-ed-reimer-adrian-peterson-20131016_1_2-year-old-boy-child-abuse-sunday-night-football) Before everyone in the media gets on their high horse and questions his lack of condoms or marriage or whatever, three words:

LET. HIM. GRIEVE.

:(

olevetonahill
10/17/2013, 03:11 PM
Heh AD the Purple Swordsman
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130420233159/marvelcrossroads/images/3/3a/Swordsman_5.jpg

BoulderSooner79
10/17/2013, 03:24 PM
Crankin' out future Heisman finalists.

EatLeadCommie
10/17/2013, 05:16 PM
The rhetoric today has changed on this story after AD admitted that the first time he met this son was in the hospital last week. There are now reports that say he has up to 7 children with multiple women, including the two with his current girlfriend.

And yes, criticism follows. (http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-10-16/news/bs-ed-reimer-adrian-peterson-20131016_1_2-year-old-boy-child-abuse-sunday-night-football) Before everyone in the media gets on their high horse and questions his lack of condoms or marriage or whatever, three words:

LET. HIM. GRIEVE.

:(

LET.HIM.GRIEVE.WITH.A.RUBBER.ON.

UteSooner
10/17/2013, 06:08 PM
...but WITH is just so...meh

olevetonahill
10/17/2013, 06:29 PM
He Always Played Offense, Never had a need to WRAP it up.