PDA

View Full Version : Teddy Bridgewater on ESPN

cleller
10/10/2013, 07:30 PM
I've been more or less watching most of ESPN's broadcast of Teddy Bridgewater and his team vs another team wearing red/white jerseys.

I did spend several minutes outside just now, and was wondering if I missed any of the discussion of Bridgewater's contribution to cell therapy, or nuclear medicine?

I think most people understand he is smart and capable without ESPN's obsequious obsession with pummeling us over the head with it. I guess its preferable to the piece on Jesse Palmer's shirt tailor, though. And I thought those were just shrink-to-fit.

8timechamps
10/10/2013, 08:00 PM
I've been more or less watching most of ESPN's broadcast of Teddy Bridgewater and his team vs another team wearing red/white jerseys.

I did spend several minutes outside just now, and was wondering if I missed any of the discussion of Bridgewater's contribution to cell therapy, or nuclear medicine?

I think most people understand he is smart and capable without ESPN's obsequious obsession with pummeling us over the head with it. I guess its preferable to the piece on Jesse Palmer's shirt tailor, though. And I thought those were just shrink-to-fit.

I've had it on, but not really watching the game, so I haven't heard everything. But, most of what I have heard is about how great is his. I hate when they do this, because I usually end up disliking the guy they are pumping. And, I like Bridgewater...so we'll see if ESPN can change that.

Jacie
10/10/2013, 09:22 PM
I knew the guy's streak was over as soon as they showed the stat, 138 passes w/o an INT . . .

cleller
10/10/2013, 09:22 PM
Louisville is less impressive than I expected. We could take 'em.

aurorasooner
10/10/2013, 09:39 PM
Don't watch ESPiN unless they have the only decent game on. I've been watching Da Bears vs Giants on the NFL channel waiting for the USCw/Zona game on FX SP-1.
I usually forget about the NFL game on Thurs Night and I like Nessler and Mayock, but the rest of their talking heads, pregame/halftime etc suck, and their NFL mush is almost as bad as ESPiN's mush.

8timechamps
10/10/2013, 09:42 PM
Louisville has one half-way decent opponent left on their schedule this year; Houston.

Otherwise, they'll go unbeaten. They didn't look like the #8 team in the country against their first real opponent (and not really a good one).

Soonerfan88
10/10/2013, 09:58 PM
ESPN has no sound on my tv tonight. Works for every other channel except them. Apparently, I've trained the tv well as it's always muted when I watch a game.

So does this mean T. Bridgewater is the next in line for ESPN overhype after Tebow and Te'o?

bluedogok
10/10/2013, 10:03 PM
Haven't seen any of it, NFL game on the big TV and Avs-Bruins (now ALDS) on the small TV.

Bridgewater is probably the most deserving so far after watching some of his games early in the season.

swardboy
10/11/2013, 08:43 AM
I did sense a little deflation from some of the talking heads that Louisville didn't blow out Rutgers. Kind of a "if they don't blow out the caliber teams they're playing then they're not deserving" kind of talk.

KantoSooner
10/11/2013, 08:48 AM
I heard them say that Sward, but then turn around and announce that Louisville had as good a chance as anyone on a given night. Really? I wanted to ask? Did anyone viewing that game have a serious doubt that any other top 15 team would fail to thrash Louisville? 'Bama or Oregon might well put up 100 on them. Baylor might score 200. They are a disappointingly mediocre team who will go undefeated.
good God, Rutgers would have lost to seven or eight high schools in OK/TX that I can think of.

okiewaker
10/11/2013, 10:59 PM
What exactly should ESPN do? They began nut sucking early (predictable), and slowed it as he was not producing. I mean, after-all, it's a business. Geez! :)