PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Oklahoman needs new sports columnist

Flagstaffsooner
10/10/2013, 07:11 PM
Barry Trammel, Jeni Carlson and John Rhode are bottom of the barrel.

This guy in Ft Worth can write.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/10/09/5234090/will-it-be-lights-out-on-mack.html?rh=1

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/10/2013, 07:35 PM
Galloway has been down there a long time. It seems the media is pushing for Mack to be gone. 'Tis a shame, as he needs to be in charge of those cows.

Collier11
10/10/2013, 08:09 PM
My problem with most of the DOK writers is that they write a bunch of fluff pieces, don't seem to ever want to ruffle feathers, and will hardly ever challenge the powers that be

8timechamps
10/10/2013, 08:22 PM
My problem with most of the DOK writers is that they write a bunch of fluff pieces, don't seem to ever want to ruffle feathers, and will hardly ever challenge the powers that be

Hoover is good for that reason, but I think he almost has a personal vendetta out for Stoops. I like the hard hitting, keep 'em honest approach, but his seem to be in every piece he writes.

As for the DOK, I like Tramel, but he isn't exactly the edgy reporter. He might as well work for SoonerSports.

picasso
10/10/2013, 08:23 PM

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/10/09/5234090/will-it-be-lights-out-on-mack.html?rh=1
I completely disagree. Trammel is good.
And he's level headed on the radio.
I've emailed him many times about my direct relation to Jim Thorpe and all the stats I have on him that belonged to my Grandfather (Jim's Nephew).
Trammel is first class.

picasso
10/10/2013, 08:25 PM
Trammel's piece on the Penn State debacle was excellent. No fluff there.

Jacie
10/10/2013, 08:43 PM
If it weren't for Jenni Carlson, we'd never have heard, "I'm a man! I'm forty!"

Soonerus
10/10/2013, 09:09 PM
That's funny, Rhode left the Oklahoman about 6 weeks ago...

BajaOklahoma
10/10/2013, 09:10 PM

Seriously? Randy Galloway? The best thing that happened to Dallas radio is that his last day on ESPN-Dallas was last Monday. He will be leaving the Star-Telegram in the next few months. He hates Switzer, OU and Oklahoma (in that order).

badger
10/11/2013, 10:11 AM
Hoover is good for that reason, but I think he almost has a personal vendetta out for Stoops.

Remember last year's RRS postgame presser? oooo, Stoops not be happy with him :D
WlTkPxebvbA

instigator
10/11/2013, 10:26 AM
Seriously? Randy Galloway? The best thing that happened to Dallas radio is that his last day on ESPN-Dallas was last Monday. He will be leaving the Star-Telegram in the next few months. He hates Switzer, OU and Oklahoma (in that order).

Thank you! Galloway is not a good writer. Read that first sentence again and tell me that's quality work.

This Red River Rivalry thing is upon us again with a Saturday morning kickoff at the Cotton Bowl, and the one thing missing will be the immense national neon once frequently associated with the event

I just found this gem of a paragraph in that "column"

And the way Texas won the game was like a total gift from a Big 12 officiating crew/replay official. And I say that despite being the world’s biggest Johnathan Gray fan from his Aledo High School days, but my guy had the ball taken away from him on the goal line. No, he wasn’t down. And no, his forward progress had not been stopped.

WTF is that?

His radios show was just about as ridiculous.

As for the DOK, I enjoy reading most of Trammel's work but I skip every one of Jenni's articles.

colleyvillesooner
10/11/2013, 10:32 AM
Galloway only ever reffered to OU as "Zero" U. he blows.