PDA

View Full Version : RRR Tickets are going cheap

BigJerm7
10/9/2013, 11:50 AM
I got a pair from a Texas fan for $144 shipped. Texas side, upper deck. I'm not worried, they should be gone by halftime again.

badger
10/9/2013, 11:53 AM
Yeah $77 right now on TicketCity. (http://www.ticketcity.com/college-football-tickets/big-12/texas-longhorns-football-tickets/texas-longhorns-vs-oklahoma-sooners-tickets-cotton-bowl-october-12-1100am.html)

For a really cheap date though, wait a week and go north to Lawrence :D

Sooners78
10/9/2013, 12:47 PM
Yeah $77 right now on TicketCity. (http://www.ticketcity.com/college-football-tickets/big-12/texas-longhorns-football-tickets/texas-longhorns-vs-oklahoma-sooners-tickets-cotton-bowl-october-12-1100am.html)

For a really cheap date though, wait a week and go north to Lawrence :D

That's not really the same thing

stoopified
10/9/2013, 02:01 PM
That's not really the same thingNot yet, anyway.

JiminyChristmas
10/9/2013, 04:36 PM
Anyone ever tried to buy them from scalpers at the fair on gameday? Don't have tix yet, but hearing they may be as cheap as $50 then. Where is the best place to find the scalpers?

5noubus
10/9/2013, 05:27 PM
We have held out and bought some right before the game .
It's kinda crazy because of the early kick off
We found people in the tram lines and right in front if the fair gate.
Not sure where the scalper area actually is

Jacie
10/9/2013, 07:30 PM
I have seen scalpers just outside the fairground gates on both sides of where the stadium is, what I would call the front and back of the fairgrounds as opposed to the side entrance over by the parking lot.

mojorisen2014
10/9/2013, 08:06 PM
Anyone ever tried to buy them from scalpers at the fair on gameday? Don't have tix yet, but hearing they may be as cheap as $50 then. Where is the best place to find the scalpers? best place to find scalpers is about 3 blocks south of the fairgrounds around 11pm the night before the game.

8timechamps
10/9/2013, 10:11 PM
Anyone ever tried to buy them from scalpers at the fair on gameday? Don't have tix yet, but hearing they may be as cheap as $50 then. Where is the best place to find the scalpers?

As cheap as they are online, I bet the scalpers will have them cheap too. Well, cheaper than recent years.

yankee
10/10/2013, 08:59 AM
Me and a couple buddies bought 3 tickets last night on the Texas side, $95 a ticket. Figure if it rains like it's supposed to, we can make our way to the OU side sometime during the second half and sit with people we know, like, and respect. Either way, I think there will be more crimson on the Texas side than there has been in a very long time, possibly ever.

PrideMom
10/10/2013, 09:33 AM
Maybe the Cotton Bowl won't be even half & half. Wouldn't it be great if the Cotton Bowl looked like an OU home game? I remember a couple of years ago when OU was having problems (Bomaer, etc.) and I was so angry to see the Burnt Orange in the OU side. I know some people just consider it a business deal, but surely they could find a fan that has never been able to go to the game.......

mhackl
10/10/2013, 12:11 PM
I've attended the game twice without a ticket, and purchased from scalpers (after kick-off) in the $40 range.

badger
10/10/2013, 12:12 PM
I've attended the game twice without a ticket, and purchased from scalpers (after kick-off) in the $40 range.

Couldn't you just pick up some deposited whorn tickets from the garbage and make up some BS excuse to security as to why it doesn't scan? Whorns will be out by end of first quarter :mack:

BigJerm7
10/10/2013, 12:14 PM
I ended up getting 4 on the Texas side for $75 a piece. I too am hoping that there is more Crimson in the burnt orange side.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/10/2013, 12:20 PM
Just say you're there for the butt sex. They'll let you in the texass side, no questions asked.

Jacie
10/10/2013, 08:38 PM

One year we got four people in without their own tickets. Two of em went in on already used stubs carried back out and two others, a friend and his date, went over the chain link fence by grabbing a hold of this small tree and swinging over, this was by the corner closest to the midway.

Those were the days!

BigJerm7
10/11/2013, 06:49 AM
Post from shaggybevo about tickets...

Used to be that a $1000 LHF donation got you $#@!ty seats, now they are practically giving them away. We've hit rock bottom.

They should just give them to OU. Their first string players are gonna need a place to sit by the end of the first quarter.

I'd rather go down on Rosie O'Donnell.

The zone was saying that this is the first year in 15 years that tickets were being sold at face value.

Since 1992, I've purchased tickets inside the fair right outside the CB. Each ticket cost anywhere from $180 to $350 depending on team rankings. There should be tickets for $20 this year. Im not going. Im tired of macks $#@! and getting kicked in the nuts every year.

70% OU, 30% Texas. Lots of empties.

Down to $80 on stubhub! What a $#@!in joke!

It official, no one gives a $#@! about Texas Football.

If you are going to go to the $#@!ing game at least have the dignity to wear a paper bag over your heads with some anti DeLoss and Mack message on them.

if anyone is going into that stadium thinking we have a chance you should promptly see a neurologist.

40% chance of rain Saturday; 100% chance of anal penetration

I might pay $10 for the game ticket just to enter the Fair and have a corny dog or the latest deep fried monstrosity. The game ticket is otherwise worthless to me.

I have a guy at work offering me free tickets (and they are pretty good seats) and I can't find a single person I know who wants to drive up for the game.

These ticket prices tell us something about how OU is also down this year. If this were really a step towards the national championship game, they would be guzzling up all the UT castoff tickets. Still it's gonna suck seeing the overhead shot look like a home game in Norman

...I did find the tickets but actually may use them as a drink holder at my house on Saturday...hook em!

MyT Oklahoma
10/11/2013, 12:25 PM
^^ Classic!

This is what we live for, watching UT slowly self destruct over a period of years and then finally eating their livers after eating their young.

Sucks to be a whorn.