PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare Premium Calculator

FaninAma
10/9/2013, 11:27 AM
http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/

I put in my current income and used Oklahoma as my state of residence. A silver plan would have cost $7700 a year. Then I put in my annual income if I were retired and drawing only social security and my premiums were $720 a year.....even though my net worth is still the same. I found it very interesting that they do not ask about age.

People under 40 are totally getting screwed by this program.

olevetonahill
10/9/2013, 11:37 AM
Just did one for My son Guessed at his income, It asked the ages for them . came out to be a tad more than hes paying now. How is that deductible figured? Is that per family member ? Entire family? each illness? what?

FaninAma
10/9/2013, 01:02 PM
Just did one for My son Guessed at his income, It asked the ages for them . came out to be a tad more than hes paying now. How is that deductible figured? Is that per family member ? Entire family? each illness? what?
it asked for my kids's ages but not mine. I have 2 in college that are still on my insurance.

Exactly. I guess the $12,000 a year cap on out of pocket expenses means that includes deductibles and copays. I assume that is for an entire family.

One other thing you can bank on is that these rates are the insurance companies' hooker rates to entice people to sign up. They will go up after this year.

yermom
10/9/2013, 01:23 PM
it asked for ages of the adults in the family... and this is some calculator for some lobby group right? it's not some official rate site

FaninAma
10/9/2013, 02:43 PM
it asked for ages of the adults in the family... and this is some calculator for some lobby group right? it's not some official rate site
It only asks if there are adults over 21. It does not ask for specific ages.

the Kaiser Family Foundation is a non-partisan think tank on health care issues whose studies are often used by the left. This group has done several projects with Harvard and other bastions of liberalism. I think they lean left but I also think they have provided some solid information regarding health cate needs in this country.

yermom
10/9/2013, 03:36 PM
I put ages in... it wouldn't let me submit. I think it might have browser issues

stoopified
10/10/2013, 09:25 AM
There are ALL kind of issues