PDA

View Full Version : HAHAHA...Poor ut

Sooner in Tampa
10/8/2013, 12:13 PM
Linkage (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20131008/texas-longhorns-athletics/?sct=cf_t11_a2)

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/dam/assets/131008120033-texas-t1-with-tabs.jpg (http://www.soonerfans.com/college-football/news/20131008/texas-longhorns-athletics/?sct=cf_t11_a2)

BoulderSooner79
10/8/2013, 12:21 PM
I'm starting to really hate all this negative UT press. This is when the football gods rise up throw UT a bone just to smite all the know-it-all media types. Can't this wait a week? I don't want OU to be collateral damage from such a smite.

Soonerjeepman
10/8/2013, 12:25 PM
"What I want to do is win games and do it within the rules, and I want to help these young men lead better lives when they leave here," Brown said. "I don't care about the rest of it."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20131008/texas-longhorns-athletics/#ixzz2h9VccPMF

WITHIN the rules...what a crock of $hit...

Jason White's Third Knee
10/8/2013, 12:26 PM
OU is in a no-win situation here. If we lose, we got beat by a bad texas team. If we win, we lose Mack. I don't want to see Mack go.

badger
10/8/2013, 12:27 PM
If hordes of money meant winning football games, then the Big Ten would be rolling in crystal footballs along with Texas, not the SEC.

The problem is that SEC money goes directly to players, whereas Big Ten is wasting it on things like 100K stadiums and other facilities, coaches, and academic crap. Pbbbbbth. Who needs AAU status?

David Earl
10/8/2013, 01:30 PM
OU is in a no-win situation here. If we lose, we got beat by a bad texas team. If we win, we lose Mack. I don't want to see Mack go.

Mack is gone no matter what, IMHO.

Jacie
10/8/2013, 01:42 PM

So you equate sa*et with UL-M as far as OUr schedule is concerned?

badger
10/8/2013, 01:46 PM
I don't want to see Mack go.
It's over with, it's done, it's a foregone conclusion that Texas is cleaning house this year, because Dodds' replacement is going to want to get his own coaches in place, not the hires of the former regime.

Nobody else in the Big 12 wants to see Mack go either. It was fun knowing that you had a chance to beat Texas in football every year, much like it is fun knowing you can beat them in basketball (Rick is also gonna be gone).

Alas, the gravy train is over for Texas victories (for everyone else --- OU is still going to be UT's biggest competition regardless of who's in charge at Texas).

oudanny
10/8/2013, 01:47 PM
This type of situation worries me. Too many people have already concluded that we will win. Some of our fans are already celebrating. Texas is like a cornered, wounded animal and will come out fighting with nothing to lose. We will need to match their intensity and be ready for a dog fight.

picasso
10/8/2013, 01:47 PM
Beating Texas should be satisfying enough.
Keep some perspective people!

badger
10/8/2013, 01:53 PM
We will need to match their intensity

All right. Here's their intensity level:
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2013/10/04/100313-CFB-Texas-Case-McCoy-TV-Pi_20131004005349700_660_320.JPG

KantoSooner
10/8/2013, 02:33 PM
Good reality check, Badge.

Also, for those of us who watched the ISU game (which was, if anything MORE of a must win for the Baja Okies) you saw a very wobbly football team. A football team that might give a fight, but also could fold like Uncle Fred's 50 year old lawn chair.

badger
10/8/2013, 02:39 PM
that bevo hug photo was post-ISU, btw.

i know we looked iffy against TCU, but I don't recall any year when Stoops' team was embarrassed by UT, even when outmatched by a longshot (Bomar year excluded. that game can DIAF)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/8/2013, 02:58 PM
The problem is that SEC money goes directly to players, whereas Big Ten is wasting it on things like 100K stadiums and other facilities, coaches, and academic crap. Pbbbbbth. Who needs AAU status?you be ROLLIN'...SMOKIN'

Piware
10/8/2013, 03:07 PM
Anything can happen in this game ~ has always been that way and probably always will. The little Bevos will come out with as much cumulative intensity as they have been able to muster all season, Mack will know this is the last nail in his coffin and they will probably have some officiating help. What I hope I see from the Sooners is the same passion on the field as we had with Notre Dame.

Soonerjeepman
10/8/2013, 03:28 PM
This type of situation worries me. Too many people have already concluded that we will win. Some of our fans are already celebrating. Texas is like a cornered, wounded animal and will come out fighting with nothing to lose. We will need to match their intensity and be ready for a dog fight.

although I've had that thought before...we fans don't play the game. I have all the faith in the world that Stoops will keep his guys focused. We have a chance to go UNDEFEATED going into the game...that will keep the guys focused.

Jacie
10/8/2013, 06:43 PM
I realize there have been plenty of instances of the underdog rising up to smite the favorite in this series.

Maybe we as fans should be more concerned, less confident but frankly, nothing I have witnessed from watching the whorns this season gives me any reason to expect them to be competitive, let alone better than OU on Saturday.

It could be that Mack has been as cagey as a coyote sneaking up on a rabbit, not revealing what sa*et is capable of doing and it is also within the same realm of possibility I am going to reveal the winning lottery numbers in this post.

6-13-25-27-33-42 with a powerball of, wait for it . . . 19

BoulderSooner79
10/8/2013, 06:50 PM

Mack is gone no matter what, IMHO.

^This! The new AD will want to bring in his own guy. Might as well give Mack a nice send off.

stoopified
10/8/2013, 07:05 PM
Mack is gone no matter what, IMHO.DE is alive? Dayum bro,thot you was dead,hadn't seen ya post in so long.

yermom
10/8/2013, 07:19 PM
the thing is that Texas will probably wallow around in the Bob Davie/Gary Gibbs/Dennis Francione hires for a while

i still think Mack gets promoted to AD

David Earl
10/8/2013, 07:32 PM
DE is alive? ,thot you was dead,hadn't seen ya post in so long.

I have been busy spying on Nazi space aliens that have been trying to open a paperclip factory in Manitoba.

Temujin
10/8/2013, 09:42 PM

Eh, the only coach we've had a problem beating in the last 6-7 decades is Darrell Royal. Hell, I'd guess the only reason he was so good at UT was because he went through OU first and learned how to play football like a champion.

MyT Oklahoma
10/8/2013, 10:43 PM
Mack is a dead man walking and so is his team. So are their fans if you've bothered reading any of their boards the past couple of weeks.

This may be an 11 a.m. game but Bob and the boys will be beating UT long into Saturday night, and there ain't enough dope in all of Austin to ease the pain that be a coming.

Right now UT has no pride. No self respect. No confidence. Thanks Mack.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/9/2013, 11:58 AM
So you equate sa*et with UL-M as far as OUr schedule is concerned?

Huh?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/9/2013, 12:07 PM
Eh, the only coach we've had a problem beating in the last 6-7 decades is Darrell Royal. Hell, I'd guess the only reason he was so good at UT was because he went through OU first and learned how to play football like a champion.Fred Akers had some good teams at the cows, as well. But in my memory, those 2 are about it, since before WWII

sooneron
10/9/2013, 12:15 PM
Fred Akers had some good teams at the cows, as well. But in my memory, those 2 are about it, since before WWII

Yeah, Akers had a couple of pretty good teams, but the ones that beat OU were mostly when OU was weaker in the early 80s. There were some 4 loss seasons in there. The best team he beat was the 79 OU squad.

Jacie
10/9/2013, 12:51 PM
Akers beat OU in 77, his first year

BoulderSooner79
10/9/2013, 01:13 PM

Akers beat OU in 77, his first year

More precisely, injuries (Lott and Sims) combined with Earl Campbell beat OU in '77. But Akers was on the sidelines watching :)

Edmond Sooner
10/9/2013, 01:58 PM

I think Coach Stoops is aware of this peril, and is working to keep the Sooners focused. I watched his show with Toby Rowland last night and he deliberately downplayed the hype. I know he does this as a rule anyway, but last night he was really adamant about how the important thing was not the hype of the RRR but the team tuning that out and focusing on getting a win.

FWIW, I share your concern.