PDA

View Full Version : TK-RRS

Ruf/Nek7
10/7/2013, 12:06 PM
I just wanted to pick the brain of some you guys (and gals) about the upcoming game against saxet.

I was looking at NCAA statistics and realized just how bad saxet is against the run and wondered if it would be worth throwing TK in there from time to time to mix it up a little bit or do you guys think we are good with Bell and how we run the offense as is?

Also, I would really like to see some more Ford.

fwsooner22
10/7/2013, 12:13 PM
If we don't see a lot of everybody won't that be a disappointment ? They are going to have to take chances right from the start on offense if they are playing to win the game....if those (chances) work maybe it's a game for awhile but if they result in turnovers I suspect we see Knight quite a bit in the 2nd half. Hope so; love sitting in the stands for the entire second half in total confidence. That may not be "how it is supposed to be" but I am getting used to it and it doesn't suck.

MyT Oklahoma
10/7/2013, 12:19 PM
Everybody gets to play Saturday. Empty the bench and turn Keith Ford lose.

May God have mercy on UT.

Soonerwake
10/7/2013, 12:32 PM
I don't believe that BYU's QB is a fast, athletic type. If we play well and don't turn it over, Bell could run for 150 yards.. In this case, the big strong type QB can go off against this horn D.

BoulderSooner79
10/7/2013, 12:48 PM
TK would be perfect against the longhorn D -- *if he could throw the ball* effectively. Robinson hasn't changed the D that much. Against ISU they played a bunch of man coverage and if the ISU QB broke the pocket, he had plenty of room to run before the DBs even knew he was running. I suspect they would play TK differently and force him to pass until he could prove that he could. Would be interesting if Stoops inserted him into a series just to see if the horns prepared for such an occurrence.

flysooner9
10/7/2013, 12:48 PM
I'd rather just see Bell handle it. He's proven he can bust long runs from time to time. I've just never been a fan of rotating QB's in middle of a series.

Soonerwake
10/7/2013, 12:57 PM
I think that's the key. They have to believe that we can throw, and beat them thru the air. If they do, then I see Bell running wild once the back 7 clear out.. Plus, he adds the dimension of running over someone or breaking out of an arm tackle at the line of scrimmage. I think Bell is the QB who is perfect to go against the horn D. In addition, he can beat them with his arm if they choose to sell out to stop the run.

Of course, all of this means nothing if we don't show up hungry and ready to go on Saturday. That's my biggest fear.

okiewaker
10/7/2013, 01:04 PM
I know this sounds ridiculous but I'd like to see knight trot out there when Bell is out there too. IDK,,some kind of crazy play. Just one play tho. Just to watch the whorns D scramble around in confusion.

picasso
10/7/2013, 01:07 PM
You guys are just crazy if you think Ford is going to play more than DD and Clay.

JiminyChristmas
10/7/2013, 01:07 PM
I don't think you will see a TK zone read package from the Sooners. If Bell were more like Landry where the run was not a threat, then I bet you would, but Bell can run enough to do both.

Soonerwake
10/7/2013, 01:10 PM
You guys are just crazy if you think Ford is going to play more than DD and Clay.

I don't think anyone said that. I think the point was having Ford in the game means we are up big and he runs over a tired and down horn defense..

Ruf/Nek7
10/7/2013, 01:28 PM
I don't think anyone said that. I think the point was having Ford in the game means we are up big and he runs over a tired and down horn defense..

Spot on. Clay has ran the ball great. Williams, could do better. I just want to see more of Ford. Also, where did Finch go? I only saw him on the field against tcu a couple of times.

picasso
10/7/2013, 01:38 PM
Williams has fought through tackles to make a few key first downs and he has absolutely great hands as a receiver.

picasso
10/7/2013, 01:40 PM
And I'd love to see Ford in late to knock heads.
No doubt he's going to be good!

Widescreen
10/7/2013, 01:50 PM
I suspect they would play TK differently and force him to pass until he could prove that he could.

I don't think Texas is good enough to force anyone to do anything they don't want to do.

swardboy
10/7/2013, 01:57 PM
Oh yeah, spot the starters in a fourth quarter blow-out with Mr. Ford. Inhumane. Love it.

BoulderSooner79
10/7/2013, 02:40 PM
I don't think Texas is good enough to force anyone to do anything they don't want to do.

No, but they would surely spy TK to hedge against the run and not worry about someone getting open. I think if TK got a series, he would burn them for big play or 2 just like he did against ND when Bell cramped up. Then they would adjust. I'd love to see it just because it would cause future opponents to have to burn practice time to prepare for something that may not ever happen. Those little twists can be important.

Soonerwake
10/7/2013, 02:53 PM
No, but they would surely spy TK to hedge against the run and not worry about someone getting open. I think if TK got a series, he would burn them for big play or 2 just like he did against ND when Bell cramped up. Then they would adjust. I'd love to see it just because it would cause future opponents to have to burn practice time to prepare for something that may not ever happen. Those little twists can be important.
Agree..

okiewaker
10/7/2013, 03:11 PM
Mack's last chance at RRR,,backs severely against the wall,,whatever stops they have will be pulled on Saturday. I bet we see the whorns do a lot shat they don't normally do,,not that it's good or will work. This will be Mack's NC game. I would like to see Knight in for a few plays,,run or pass.

MyT Oklahoma
10/7/2013, 08:20 PM

Yeah, least of all their women. LOL

Therealsouthsider
10/7/2013, 09:56 PM
...as everyone knows from the history of this rivalry the potential for anything and everything is possible...uterus has nothing to lose and everything to gain, that is bothersome. That said, OU by 24pts

ss

cvsooner
10/7/2013, 10:10 PM
I'm having a really hard time being that confident of what's going to happen in this game. I suspect it will be closer than most of the predictions on here. I figure the Texas players have got to be figuring they've got something to prove...plus they've had an extra couple of days to prep, so...I'm thinking if we can ship them by 14 that'll do it. Just hang on though, I'm betting this one goes to the 4th quarter before we really put it away.

8timechamps
10/7/2013, 10:24 PM
Like many of you, I've watched entirely too much texas football this year. After the BYU game, I thought maybe "they're overrated...again...but they will be improved". Then, after the Ole Miss game, I thought "they really do suck, but maybe they'll improve since Diaz is gone". Since them, I've seen them struggle to beat KSU and ISU, two teams that will not finish in the top half of the conference this year. In both games, they've had awful run defense.

So, with everything seemingly so right for a big Sooner win, I can't get confident in this game. Things seem "too right". However, my brain is telling me that the Texas team I've watched this year is just not good. I think it's just the whole "throw out the records" thing.

Anyway, here's how I think it plays out:

Texas comes out early (really early) and plays sorta tough, and they are falling over themselves celebrating how well they're doing. Then, OU punches them square in the cake hole. Either through a big offense score, or turnover, or something that changes momentum. After that, it's all Sooners.

One thing we know is that Texas can't handle getting down in this game. Once that happens, it'll be over.

I don't think Mack views this as his last hurrah. in fact, I think he thinks he'll get this thing turned around and buy himself another year or three. Since he feels like this team "is so close", he'll coach this one like he does every RRR, and he'll be saying the same ole **** in the press conference after the game "I thought the kids played hard, blah, blah, blah...".

I imagine right about now (since Stoops has had a chance to review the scouting report with his staff), they're licking their chops at the possibilities of gouging texas' inept defense. I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

OU_Sooners75
10/7/2013, 10:39 PM

OU has already burnt any chance of a redshirt this year for Ford, so why not use him more?

Besides DD Williams doesn't seem to have good vision of the field. So why not put a back in that can truck someone when he hits the hole?

Didn't Peterson get his breakout game vs. Texas in 2004?

I'm not comparing Ford to Peterson by any means, just sayin!

OU_Sooners75
10/7/2013, 10:44 PM
...as everyone knows from the history of this rivalry the potential for anything and everything is possible...uterus has nothing to lose and everything to gain, that is bothersome. That said, OU by 24pts

ss

Texas has plenty to lose. They are undefeated in conference play so they are very much going to lose a lot if they do too much stupid shat.

Brown is confident in his team, says it all the time. He honestly still believes his team can win the Big 12. So they aren't going to go into this game and throw a bunch of stuff they have had very limited time to work on at OU.

I would be very surprised to see Swoopes in this game. They havent burnt his red shirt yet. And it wouldn't surprise me if higher ups than Mack has said not to burn it this year.

aurorasooner
10/8/2013, 09:48 AM
Holy cow, would I love to see the wishbone with TK at QB, Millard at FB, Rip as the TE, and Finch/Ford or D. Williams/Clay as the HBs. Shep or J. Saunders as the sole split receiver. That would be some creative stuff and the whorn D wouldn't know whether to cheet or go blind.
Maybe if we're lucky enough to be up by a bunch at halftime like last year, the staff could improvise the wishbone set in the locker room, even if TK just kept the ball or handed it of to one of the backs. That would be some downhill rushing. Our fans would definitely go nuts.
Just dreaming, of course.
What a way to send Mack packing home from Dallas.

ashley
10/8/2013, 10:45 AM
UT hasn't stopped the zone read keep weak all year.

PrideMom
10/8/2013, 11:04 AM
Trevor Knight in the fourth quarter sounds great ot me!

TAFBSooner
10/8/2013, 02:16 PM
. . . the whorn D wouldn't know whether to cheet or . . .

Do you mean cheat or ****? That is about the limit of saxet's choices.

badger
10/8/2013, 02:36 PM
I was looking at NCAA statistics

How bout an NFL stat: UT hasn't had a first round offensive lineman draft pick since 2002.

Their recruiting of o-linemen consists of how fat are they and how fast will they verbal. If they are really fat and really fast to verbal, they are a UT offensive lineman.

Since their defense practices against Stay Puft clones all week, no wonder they suck defending the run. D.D. Williams got 100+ on em last year. Demarco was spinning like a record into the endzone a few year back... AD was a beast against em. Quentin Griffin? We all love Q (except Texas). List goes on.

ouwasp
10/8/2013, 03:49 PM
This is one of those games I just want OU to get a handle on, early. You let Tex hang around, funny things start to happen. Myself, I'll be plenty relieved to (hopefully) see OU with a big enough lead to hear the announcers say "Well, here comes the Sooner reserves. They want to show what they have..."

Ruf/Nek7
10/8/2013, 05:15 PM
I hope to see saxet's third ream color in the stands by half....bleacher gray.

8timechamps
10/8/2013, 05:58 PM
This is one of those games I just want OU to get a handle on, early. You let Tex hang around, funny things start to happen. Myself, I'll be plenty relieved to (hopefully) see OU with a big enough lead to hear the announcers say "Well, here comes the Sooner reserves. They want to show what they have..."

I think 14 will do it. Not for the OU reserves to come in, but that should be enough of a lead by half-time to win the game. Like I said in an earlier post, if OU can smack texas in the mouth early, I think they'll go into "here it comes again" mode.

Soonerfossil
10/8/2013, 06:03 PM
I don't wanna see TK in the game unless we get up by enough to warrant pulling Bell. To be switching the QBs in and out just for the heck of it just messes with peoples heads. I hope we get far enough ahead to play him though. I'd like to see it get so bad that the water boy and the cheerleaders get in for a series or two. But remember gang, this is UT VS OU and need I remind you that records go out the window. This could be one of those games. Lets not get to cocky!!!

BoulderSooner79
10/8/2013, 06:12 PM
I don't wanna see TK in the game unless we get up by enough to warrant pulling Bell. To be switching the QBs in and out just for the heck of it just messes with peoples heads. I hope we get far enough ahead to play him though. I'd like to see it get so bad that the water boy and the cheerleaders get in for a series or two. But remember gang, this is UT VS OU and need I remind you that records go out the window. This could be one of those games. Lets not get to cocky!!!

The only way for fans to get too cocky is to bet real money and a game played by 20yo kids. They could also be feeding their horn fan friends too large a portion of sh*t this week and then be forced to eat it (10 times over) next week.