PDA

View Full Version : New Road uniforms from Nike for RRS

colleyvillesooner
10/7/2013, 11:17 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/fls/31000/gold/

Stoops Twitter announced it:

You guys have been asking for it & here it is with our GOLDen touch. #BeatTexas http://bit.ly/16tiQ71 | pic.twitter.com/4YwPcG9Nra

http://www.soonersports.com/fls/31000/gold/images/full.jpg

http://www.soonersports.com/fls/31000/gold/images/full-back.jpg

colleyvillesooner
10/7/2013, 11:19 AM
Texas got em too:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BV_IXMwCIAAXWEQ.jpg:large

picasso
10/7/2013, 11:21 AM
Not drastic. I'm cool with it.
Just never the white helmets again.

picasso
10/7/2013, 11:22 AM
And it looks like the helmets aren't that trendy matte finish crap.

Mac94
10/7/2013, 11:24 AM
Not bad ... being an old's I really don't like uni changes for the most part, esp from the traditional programs (looking at you Michigan) ... but this changes are very small ... they look ok

badger
10/7/2013, 11:25 AM
Texas got em too:

Meanwhile at Shaggy (http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/136731-Gold-unis-for-Saturday!!!!!-%28Kill-me%29)

I guess we want to look pretty for the raping.

picasso
10/7/2013, 11:26 AM
Mac, do you like the aTm white helmet?
I'm meh.

colleyvillesooner
10/7/2013, 11:36 AM
I would be cool with a white helmet with the OU logo on the road once a season

Mjcpr
10/7/2013, 11:40 AM
I kind of like the matte finish. I wouldn't want to see it often but all of the cool kids are demanding things like that now I guess.

I don't really see the point with the gold outline but other than that, it looks about the same.

Mac94
10/7/2013, 11:41 AM
Mac, do you like the aTm white helmet?

It's ok I guess ... like them better with the road whites than with the home maroon. I prefer our uni's as they were in the early 1990's but again, I'm old, lol. Not sure why we went to the 1970's for uni fashion ideas, lol.

EatLeadCommie
10/7/2013, 11:56 AM
They look stupid to me. What's the point? Because it's the Golden Hat? We aren't FSU. There is no gold in our color scheme. And for God's sake, lose the Oklahoma on the reverse.

badger
10/7/2013, 12:08 PM
They look stupid to me. What's the point? Because it's the Golden Hat? We aren't FSU. There is no gold in our color scheme. And for God's sake, lose the Oklahoma on the reverse.

My guess is that is just for the sample and that the player names will be on the reserve side.

I think this is a bad omen. We're about to get upset by two-loss Texas, aren't we :mack:

BermudaSooner
10/7/2013, 12:11 PM
And for God's sake, lose the Oklahoma on the reverse.

I'm guessing that is just to show what the name will look like? I assume we will have the players names on the back, not Oklahoma.

BermudaSooner
10/7/2013, 12:12 PM
My guess is that is just for the sample and that the player names will be on the reserve side.

:

Damnit Badger...you just beat me. At least I spelled reverse correctly!

badger
10/7/2013, 12:14 PM
Damnit Badger...you just beat me. At least I spelled reverse correctly!

I think the whole of Narnia will be overturned if golden colored gloves touch a golden colored hat. For the sake of the talking animals, we should probably not wear gold till we earn it after the game

MyT Oklahoma
10/7/2013, 12:14 PM
Nike should just stick to making shoes and let each school make their own uniform decisions.

Jacie
10/7/2013, 12:19 PM
I don't have a problem with a jersey that commemorates this game. If any game deserves it, the RRS does.

JiminyChristmas
10/7/2013, 01:12 PM
Stoops hinted, pretty strongly I think, at his presser today that there are more "special" uniforms coming from time to time in the future.

picasso
10/7/2013, 01:16 PM
I would be cool with a white helmet with the OU logo on the road once a season

Last time we wore white helmets was at Tech in '09.
Keep the dark helmets. It reminds opponents they are playing OU.

And the matte finish is for wannabes.
Look it up.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/7/2013, 01:22 PM
The gloves are cool. Also like the OU on the chest instead of the V-neck showing the shoulder pads

Boomer.....
10/7/2013, 01:28 PM
Last time we wore white helmets was at Tech in '09.
Keep the dark helmets. It reminds opponents they are playing OU.

And the matte finish is for wannabes.
Look it up.

Maybe a matte white helmet.

picasso
10/7/2013, 01:35 PM
Doh!

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2013, 02:25 PM
These uniforms need to be killed with fire. If Liberace were a football player....

colleyvillesooner
10/7/2013, 02:29 PM
COUGH COUGH

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVcM-xlCAAAVgWW.jpg

Breadburner
10/7/2013, 02:30 PM
**** Nike.....!!!

Scott D
10/7/2013, 02:42 PM
These uniforms need to be killed with fire. If Liberace were a football player....

he'd go to Baylor or Oregon. :)

stoopified
10/7/2013, 02:46 PM
they suck....yea I am an old fogey

okiewaker
10/7/2013, 02:48 PM
Instead of little sponsorship patches all over like the race car drivers suits, these unis are one big patch. Not really liking the gold trim around the numbers. But,,,WTF ever.

Soonerwake
10/7/2013, 02:48 PM

Nice!!!

salth2o
10/7/2013, 02:50 PM
Florida state? WTF?

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2013, 02:52 PM
COUGH COUGH

Uh...I hate to be the one to tell you this but gold is one of our colors....

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2013, 02:56 PM

Ours aren't nearly as insane and horrible looking as Oregon. They're still more sedated than that...if the day ever comes that ours look like tire treads then you'll have a point. :D

colleyvillesooner
10/7/2013, 02:57 PM
Uh...I hate to be the one to tell you this but gold is one of our colors....

One of Liberace's as well. ;)

I was talking about how ****ty it looks, not that it's gold.

okiewaker
10/7/2013, 03:01 PM
Kinda even keeled,,,not fond of the matte finish on helmets but certainly don't like chrome finishes like Washington Huskies either. Gimme a Semi-gloss,, I'm good.

cherokeebrewer
10/7/2013, 03:07 PM
Uniform smack talk...I mean you gotta love this place.

vtsooner21
10/7/2013, 03:47 PM
I say keep it simple. All this talk about uniforms designed for the RRR...Dare I say that by the end of the game, I'm hoping that grass stains will adorn most of the Longhorns particularly on their backsides. Add to that color variation with some black & blues and the Horns uni's will be what I want to see.

BOOMER

8timechamps
10/7/2013, 03:55 PM
I like it. It's small enough that it won't really even show up on TV, but big enough that it noticeable up close.

I also like that both teams are doing it, and there's an actual reason behind it (the Golden hat). Of course, if we happen to lose, it'll be the worst thing to ever been seen.

Sic'Em, I can't argue with your teams performance this year, because what's to argue? However, if you can say they (OU/TX uniforms for this game) look "horrible" with a straight face, given the Las Vegas Show Girl costumes your team wore last week, then you may need to go to a sweat lodge or something and clear your head...

Scott D
10/7/2013, 05:59 PM
Ours aren't nearly as insane and horrible looking as Oregon. They're still more sedated than that...if the day ever comes that ours look like tire treads then you'll have a point. :D

don't look at the right shoulder on that uniform. Truthfully those black unis are about as Oregon as you can get without the threat of being sued by Oregon.

olevetonahill
10/7/2013, 06:25 PM

Agreed everyone KNOWS we are Oklahoma Put the players Names there instead.

olevetonahill
10/7/2013, 06:27 PM
COUGH COUGH

Heh, Good one Bro

soonergirlNeugene
10/7/2013, 07:56 PM
Agreed everyone KNOWS we are Oklahoma Put the players Names there instead.

I assumed that was just there as placeholder art.

I don't mind them making a few subtle tweaks. It should still look like OU from a distance, but subtle changes like this could be fun from time to time.

Phil
10/7/2013, 09:41 PM
Our neck logo is gold and theirs is white, because we own the Hat right now. Kinda like that little touch. Nothing like hanging around and watching the awarding of the Hat.

ouwasp
10/7/2013, 11:05 PM
Okay, my 20 yr old son came through the room a bit ago and I rewound the TV to the sports bit on ch 6 Tulsa regarding the new unis. I didn't say anything, just told him to watch it.

"Why are they putting gold on there? That's not an OU color... I think they ought to leave them alone..."

I explained about the Hat trophy, that's where the gold idea came from. He didn't agree. I told him I was proud to have him as a son, that he had the right sort of values! That more young men should... he stopped me.

"Dad, I like Oregon's uniforms, they're cool! I wish that..."

"That's enough! Stop! go on back to your bedroom so I can pretend you didn't say that!" He walked away, chuckling at his old fossil of a dad...

Edmond Sooner
10/7/2013, 11:21 PM
Nike should just stick to making shoes and let each school make their own uniform decisions.

^This

Edmond Sooner
10/7/2013, 11:22 PM

Yup.

Aries
10/8/2013, 07:21 AM
All the players they interviewed on the news last night seem to like it and are excited about it.

colleyvillesooner
10/8/2013, 07:51 AM
All the players they interviewed on the news last night seem to like it and are excited about it.

Ikard on twitter:

@GabeIkard: This is the most excitement I've ever seen in this locker room! This gold has everybody acting like its Christmas morning.

C&CDean
10/8/2013, 08:04 AM
That model has some seriously skinny ankles.

salth2o
10/8/2013, 08:10 AM
In my experience, all players like new uniforms.

I hate the gold piping and trim around the numbers, etc. Looks like Free Shoes U.

The gold patch, neck logo, and swoosh look good.

SoonerSeattle
10/8/2013, 09:44 AM
Aesthetically, I don't find the special edition uni to be visually offensive, unlike some of the eye-bleach-worthy stuff that's currently seen on Saturdays.

Call me a cynic, though, because the multiple Facebook posts, tweets and emails I've read in the last 24 hours - offering the special opportunity to purchase this limited edition apparel - confirms what I thought from the get-go: that this is just one more way for Nike to make money. And knowing that some percentage of Nike's profits go from Phil Knight's bank account to Oregon's football coffers, I don't and won't buy anything with a swoosh on it.

That is all. Carry on. Have a delightful day.

badger
10/8/2013, 09:58 AM

Can you imagine if Texas got the shiny new unis and we didn't get sh!t? Would the discussion today be about how important tradition is for OU and how we were going to continue using our tride and true crimson and white look... or would it be about how Nike favors Texas and doesn't give a sh!t about OU?

So yeah... I can bite my tongue on having an FSU look for one game if the players like it :)

aurorasooner
10/8/2013, 10:01 AM
Aesthetically, I don't find the special edition uni to be visually offensive, unlike some of the eye-bleach-worthy stuff that's currently seen on Saturdays.

Call me a cynic, though, because the multiple Facebook posts, tweets and emails I've read in the last 24 hours - offering the special opportunity to purchase this limited edition apparel - confirms what I thought from the get-go: that this is just one more way for Nike to make money. And knowing that some percentage of Nike's profits go from Phil Knight's bank account to Oregon's football coffers, I don't and won't buy anything with a swoosh on it.

That is all. Carry on. Have a delightful day. Agree, this is just Nike advertising to try and stimulate some merchandise sales and they (along with both athletic depts who will get a cut) hope the team's fans will shell out the bucks to purchase the jersey and the accessories.
I read this this AM and laughed.
Fans can also purchase the specially designed jerseys and apparel to mark the 108th matchup between the two teams. Whether you believe the 'Horns can pull off the upset or you’re ready to just forget that this season ever happened, you have one more option of clothing to wear when tailgating this weekend. And perhaps that white Longhorn can motivate the players to give Mack Brown one more big win to remember.

badger
10/8/2013, 10:05 AM
Agree, this is just Nike advertising to try and stimulate some merchandise sales and they (along with both athletic depts who will get a cut) hope the team's fans will shell out the bucks to purchase the jersey and the accessories.
I read this this AM and laughed.

Wait till after the game to buy. Win or lose, game-specific stuff always gets marked down after the fact.

If I'm in any luck, I'll find it on a Marshall's rack this summer :D

rock on sooner
10/8/2013, 10:19 AM
Stoops hinted, pretty strongly I think, at his presser today that there are more "special" uniforms coming from time to time in the future.

Ima guessin that this marketing hard at work...coming to a sporting
goods store rack/shelf/spinner near you...NEW SOONER GEAR to buy!

rock on sooner
10/8/2013, 10:23 AM
Huh, took me too long typing with one finger ....lotsa folks
postulating about marketing before me...:friendly_wink:

soonerloyal
10/8/2013, 10:40 AM

That is all. Carry on. Have a delightful day.

Good points all, but...me likey:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/usmcholmans/2013-10-08_RRS2013_LadiesTeeOU.png

Added bonus? The Down 'horns sign on this stuff is r-r-reh-eally pissing tu fans off. Yay.

EatLeadCommie
10/8/2013, 11:14 AM
I assumed that was just there as placeholder art.

It could be that the player's name will end up there, but for the Army/Navy game last year I remember that Army had "West Point" on the backs of their jerseys.

guzziguy
10/8/2013, 01:00 PM
The player's names need to be bigger. How will the whorn players know who it is 30 yards ahead of them that they're chasing if the print is too smaill?

badger
10/8/2013, 01:12 PM
Added bonus? The Down 'horns sign on this stuff is r-r-reh-eally pissing tu fans off. Yay.

hell, they also hated the version with horns up

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2013, 02:21 PM
Honestly, I'm a traditionalist when it comes to uniform design. I personally believe it dilutes the brand to constantly change the logo and uniform design.

We don't have a deep and storied tradition at Baylor, but I would like to see us stick to something traditional like solid gold pants/solid green jersey with the traditional interlocking-BU (which at one point the athletic department considered abandoning entirely).

The thing is, it really is true that young recruits like flashy new uniforms so constantly changing the uniforms does help with recruiting as insane as that sounds. Nonetheless, I wish it weren't that way.

OU needs to stick to what makes OU great....its tradition. Same is true of UT though to a lesser extent.

soonerloyal
10/8/2013, 04:39 PM
Yeah, Badj - they're quite full of the pi** and vinegar at this point. Creates a warm, happy feeling in the tummy; like warm oatmeal, hot chocolate and a mama's love on a cold winter's day.

olevetonahill
10/8/2013, 04:53 PM
Yea I'll pass
140 bucks right now
http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2fproductImages%2f_1511000%2fff_1511 179_xl.jpg&w=400

http://shop.soonersports.com/search/nike%202013%20red%20river/source/BMDL_OUSocial?hq_e=el&hq_m=545632&hq_l=1&hq_v=131de66bc7

salth2o
10/8/2013, 08:33 PM
Yea I'll pass
140 bucks right now
http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2fproductImages%2f_1511000%2fff_1511 179_xl.jpg&w=400

http://shop.soonersports.com/search/nike%202013%20red%20river/source/BMDL_OUSocial?hq_e=el&hq_m=545632&hq_l=1&hq_v=131de66bc7

Looks like Free Shoes U.

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=%2fproductImages%2f_1163000%2fff_1163 446_xl.jpg&w=400

http://ladyornot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/facebook-dislike-button.png

EatLeadCommie
10/8/2013, 08:38 PM
another reason to sever the Nike connection... they're making the Pro Bowl unis look like Oregon and Oregon State's

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24050978/nfl-announces-new-pro-bowl-uniforms-for-2014

Soonerfan88
10/8/2013, 09:40 PM
Good points all, but...me likey:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/usmcholmans/2013-10-08_RRS2013_LadiesTeeOU.png

Just one request - please don't wear it to the game. I know the puke orange wearers are giving away their tickets this year, but white is still one of their colors and Sooners should be in crimson. Certainly love the horns down though and I might get one of these to wear on Friday or Sunday.

soonerloyal
10/8/2013, 10:09 PM
Just one request - please don't wear it to the game. I know the puke orange wearers are giving away their tickets this year, but white is still one of their colors and Sooners should be in crimson. Certainly love the horns down though and I might get one of these to wear on Friday or Sunday.

Not going to the game this year; watching it with family. I'll still layer it with crimson, always do white/cream for game day. I know it's sure to annoy a texas fan at work. Also, the "Annoying Orange" candy box decorated with red notes that insult his team on his desk will do that too. Add in a (hopefully) smug "we beat y'all again, 'horn" smirk all Monday and I'm all set.

mhackl
10/8/2013, 11:47 PM
The gold is only for this game, right?
If so, I'm good with it (minus the stroke on the numbers).

God help us if we get one of those ghey uni contracts lke little bro did.
Winners don't need a whole new identity every week.

Wishboned
10/12/2013, 06:16 PM
We need to burn these uniforms and never speak of them again.

Jacie
10/12/2013, 06:26 PM
Glad I didn't get one of these.

bluedogok
10/12/2013, 06:30 PM
Burn them.....