PDA

View Full Version : College football in Canada...

deweydw
10/7/2013, 08:44 AM
Really, really sucks. This is a video, link (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/canadian-rb-bulldozes-entire-defense-en-route-tecmo-103320020.html), of a college game in Canada. A good American Pop Warner team could beat these two. Heck, Kansas could beat these two.

Incredible.....

KantoSooner
10/7/2013, 10:11 AM
It's true.

Of course, the average neighborhood pick-up hockey team in Canada could play pro hockey South of the border...So there's that.

badger
10/7/2013, 10:25 AM
It's true.

Of course, the average neighborhood pick-up hockey team in Canada could play pro hockey South of the border...So there's that.

Canadians must be uber peeved that their best players go to American NHL franchises to win Stanley Cups.

Like Texas high school recruits coming to OU to win the Big 12 and RRS. :mack: Hook em

KantoSooner
10/7/2013, 10:29 AM
Very similar.

for them the sensation of sleeping next to an 800 lb gorilla is very real.

LRoss
10/7/2013, 10:55 AM
Small anecdote --

Before moving up here to NH we visited and stayed in a hotel. On a Saturday waiting for my wife to get ready to go wherever we were going, I flipped on the tv and saw football. Bingo! But immediately those helmets/uni's were tremendously unfamiliar. And holy cats, those announcers are speaking. . . French?

NH's S of Quebec, which of course is French Canada. I was completely unprepared to have stumbled upon French-Canadian college football. It was a parallel universe moment for sure.

KantoSooner
10/7/2013, 11:25 AM
Did you stare at your brie rind, en la mode Francais, wondering where it had all gone horribly wrong?

Widescreen
10/7/2013, 12:04 PM
According to that article, even though it says "college", it's actually a high school. And you can tell by looking at the size of some of those players. Probably a lot of 14 year olds out there.

deweydw
10/7/2013, 02:00 PM
I think you missread that.

St. Michael's College (Toronto, Ont., where colleges are the equivalent of American high schools).

Then again, after reading that, maybe you're right. But still that is some sad tackling. And they seem to be running in slow motion. Everybody just standing around.

KantoSooner
10/7/2013, 02:32 PM
I think you missread that.

Then again, after reading that, maybe you're right. But still that is some sad tackling. And they seem to be running in slow motion. Everybody just standing around.

It's a very, very white country dewey. go back and watch 1950's football film. It was painful here, too, once upon a day.

deweydw
10/7/2013, 02:58 PM
True, but I've seen better running and tackling by a 9 year old girl.

cdIOOY43HWs

bluedogok
10/7/2013, 11:49 PM
Really, really sucks. This is a video, link (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/canadian-rb-bulldozes-entire-defense-en-route-tecmo-103320020.html), of a college game in Canada. A good American Pop Warner team could beat these two. Heck, Kansas could beat these two.

Incredible.....
I wouldn't go that far...they still have Weis as their head coach.