PDA

View Full Version : Ain't SOONER football but it IS...

rock on sooner
10/6/2013, 07:57 PM
FOOTBALL!...Just watched Peyton Manning and Tony Romo go at it...
Wow, long time fan of both teams, especially since the Cowboys draft
Sooner studs. Gotta say, that is the best two QB duel in a looooonnnggg
time. Manning is a freakin' coach on the field, be interesting to see just
how he adjusts as a coach when he retires as a player....

Thoughts?!

8timechamps
10/6/2013, 08:39 PM
FOOTBALL!...Just watched Peyton Manning and Tony Romo go at it...
Wow, long time fan of both teams, especially since the Cowboys draft
Sooner studs. Gotta say, that is the best two QB duel in a looooonnnggg
time. Manning is a freakin' coach on the field, be interesting to see just
how he adjusts as a coach when he retires as a player....

Thoughts?!

Bronco fan/season ticket holder, living in Denver (that's my fan resume :) )

Our defense played terrible today, but I do have to give Romo his credit, he took advantage of it! Going into the game, I thought the Bronco's would win big, so I was surprised/impressed with the Cowboy offense. It's really hard to watch when the Bronco's are playing former Sooners, and I was happy to see Murray play well.

After watching Peyton Manning for years in Indy, and now having a chance to see him up close (or at least much more often), I've decided that he is the best QB to ever play the game. I would guess he's smarter (football IQ) than 99% of the offensive coaches out there. What he is able to see and do is simply amazing. He is like having a coach on the field.

What a game that was today. Reminded me a lot of last year's OU/WVU game, minus Tavon Austin.

With OU yesterday, and the Broncos' today, I'd be very happy if there are no more last minute/close wins the rest of the year.

rock on sooner
10/6/2013, 08:50 PM
I agree, 8x, my statement to my wife was that Manning is a coach on
the field, in the truest sense....loved seeing Murray and Hanna...really
torn....lived in CO (Ft Collins) for 13 years...met and married my wife
of 36 years...both kids born there...strong ties...but Cowboys were/are
a favorite, too....southern OK kid..DJ on a radio station in college that
carried Sooner AND Cowboy games so I just kinda rooted for the offenses.

8timechamps
10/6/2013, 09:01 PM
Yep, you know the internal struggle. I wanted Murray and Hanna to make good plays, and have great games, but I was torn by wanting the Broncos to shut them down.

Nonetheless, what a great game to watch! (maybe not so great for die hard Cowboy fans)

I like defensive football (like we saw in the OU game), but it's always fun to see high scoring games too.

bluedogok
10/6/2013, 10:12 PM
My wife is a Cowboys fan, I was happy with the outcome today. We went to the game in 2009, had our vacation scheduled around that game. There were two older ladies sitting next to us, one lived here and was a season ticket holder since the first season, her friend with was from Boerne (outside San Antonio) and had come up for the game. The banter was rather fun with the ladies, the one was giving me high fives whenever the Broncos did something good.

yermom
10/7/2013, 12:29 AM
Romo is a world beater until he throws the pick to seal the game. dammit.

how many times has he done that?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/7/2013, 02:48 AM
Does Denver have any former Sooners on the team? If not...ef 'em

rock on sooner
10/7/2013, 06:21 AM

Have had over the years...Steve Sewell from a while back...drafted
Q Carter recently.....

8timechamps
10/7/2013, 04:20 PM

Quincy Cater is on the team, but on IR.

And you can 'em all you want, they won :)

Breadburner
10/7/2013, 04:34 PM
Cowboy's...Heh....That was sweet.....!!!!

70sooner
10/7/2013, 06:30 PM
Bronco fan/season ticket holder, living in Denver (that's my fan resume :) )

Our defense played terrible today, but I do have to give Romo his credit, he took advantage of it! Going into the game, I thought the Bronco's would win big, so I was surprised/impressed with the Cowboy offense. It's really hard to watch when the Bronco's are playing former Sooners, and I was happy to see Murray play well.

After watching Peyton Manning for years in Indy, and now having a chance to see him up close (or at least much more often), I've decided that he is the best QB to ever play the game. I would guess he's smarter (football IQ) than 99% of the offensive coaches out there. What he is able to see and do is simply amazing. He is like having a coach on the field.

What a game that was today. Reminded me a lot of last year's OU/WVU game, minus Tavon Austin.

With OU yesterday, and the Broncos' today, I'd be very happy if there are no more last minute/close wins the rest of the year.

I will have to respectfully disagree with you, but I think his boss was better.....

bluedogok
10/7/2013, 11:47 PM
The Cowboys got Schaub'd......

8timechamps
10/8/2013, 12:19 AM
I will have to respectfully disagree with you, but I think his boss was better.....

Ranking the "best" QBs is always a subjective proposition, so everyone has a different option. I respect that.

In all truthfulness, I posted that comment shortly after the game, and I was pretty happy. I still think Manning is one of the best (how's that?).

Elway certainly is one of the greats. He'll always be "the man" here, and about the only way Manning unseats him is if he were to win three or four Super Bowls here. Anything is possible, but that's probably not going to happen.

70sooner
10/8/2013, 08:56 AM
Ranking the "best" QBs is always a subjective proposition, so everyone has a different option. I respect that.

In all truthfulness, I posted that comment shortly after the game, and I was pretty happy. I still think Manning is one of the best (how's that?).

Elway certainly is one of the greats. He'll always be "the man" here, and about the only way Manning unseats him is if he were to win three or four Super Bowls here. Anything is possible, but that's probably not going to happen.

don't get me wrong, I love me some PM, but Big John was something else and if you lived in Denver or were a fan when he played there, it would be hard to move him from the top spot under any circumstances.

But yer right it is subjective, no doubt....