Texas
KU
ISU
KSU
Osu
Go back to bed -- you're still drunk.

ouwasp
10/6/2013, 01:37 PM
KState will give OU all it wants during the game in November, doesn't matter where we rank them.

OU_Sooners75
10/6/2013, 02:00 PM
OU
TT
TCU
WVU
Baylor
Texas
KU
ISU
KSU
Osu
Go back to bed -- you're still drunk.

I'm still waiting on Baylor to actually play someone.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/6/2013, 02:08 PM
1. Oklahoma (beat LA-Monroe 64-0 and West Virginia 52-7 with Blake Bell as the starting QB plus won at Notre Dame)
2. Baylor (great offense, bad defense)
3. Oklahoma St. (barely hanging on to this spot)
4. Texas Tech (extremely one-dimensional and bad defense)
5. TCU (nice game against OU, but they typically play OU tough for some reason)
6. Texas (when does Mack say the heck of it and throw Swoopes to the wolves. I think it happens this week after a very bad start by Case McCoy)
7. West Virginia (Trickett doesn't follow orders and Holgorson is getting tired of it)
8. Kansas St. (lost a tough one to OSU. They remain in a rebuilding year on both sides of the ball)
9. Iowa St. (got jobed and robbed against Texas' Austin based officiating crew)
10. Kansas (while they are still schematically superior on offense due to Weis *cough*, they still suck)

SicEmBaylor
10/6/2013, 02:48 PM
1. Oklahoma (beat LA-Monroe 64-0 and West Virginia 52-7 with Blake Bell as the starting QB plus won at Notre Dame)
2. Baylor (great offense, bad defense)

1. Are you high or still drunk from last night? You only beat ULM 34-0 and West Virginia 16-7. OU has only put up over 50 once this season against Tulsa. Lay off the crack.

2. Our defense is decidedly average, but it has given no indication that it's "bad" just yet.

SicEmBaylor
10/6/2013, 02:49 PM

I'm still waiting on OU to actually play an offense that is worth a ****. That argument goes both ways.

flysooner9
10/6/2013, 04:48 PM
Had a completely different offense in the first two games.

yermom
10/6/2013, 04:58 PM
have you watched the offense the last two games?

they have been secure with the ball, but they haven't really been piling on the yards or points

don't forget Notre Dame spotted us 14 of the 35 we scored

PalmBeachSooner
10/6/2013, 06:15 PM
don't forget Notre Dame spotted us 14 of the 35 we scored

No, the OU defense spotted the OU offense 14 points.

yermom
10/6/2013, 06:25 PM
either way, it wasn't the offense

OU_Sooners75
10/6/2013, 06:46 PM

I'm still waiting on OU to actually play an offense that is worth a ****. That argument goes both ways.

There is the ignorance I've been waiting on!

You're thinking because your piece of sh1t school as beaten a bunch of teams with losing records that for some reason Baylor is legit.

I remember Leach led Tech teams doing what Baylor is doing only to fumble when playing the other top teams in this conference.

Face it, until proven otherwise Baylor is still sh1t and most likely cheating the SEC way to get some players!

OU_Sooners75
10/6/2013, 06:47 PM
either way, it wasn't the offense

No, the defense only scored once.

But okay!

yermom
10/6/2013, 06:50 PM

But okay!

i'm not giving them the 3rd TD from that pic, but the 2nd one was an easy short field early

OU_Sooners75
10/6/2013, 07:10 PM

But okay!

i'm not giving them the 3rd TD from that pic, but the 2nd one was an easy short field early

So the offense still had to put the ball on the end zone.

ashley
10/6/2013, 07:11 PM

You're thinking because your piece of sh1t school as beaten a bunch of teams with losing records that for some reason Baylor is legit.

I remember Leach led Tech teams doing what Baylor is doing only to fumble when playing the other top teams in this conference.

Face it, until proven otherwise Baylor is still sh1t and most likely cheating the SEC way to get some players!

You need to watch more TV.

OU_Sooners75
10/6/2013, 07:11 PM
Hell while we are discrediting things, let's take away the 80 yard TD run by ND.

OU_Sooners75
10/6/2013, 07:12 PM

You need to watch more TV.

Nah, just watch the results of that one post.

It will get sicem to drink about 12 Zimas!

yermom
10/6/2013, 07:36 PM

so the offense hasn't been going through long stretches of ineptness?

if the defense wasn't tearing things up the way they are, we could easily be 2-3 right now

OU_Sooners75
10/6/2013, 07:43 PM

so the offense hasn't been going through long stretches of ineptness?

if the defense wasn't tearing things up the way they are, we could easily be 2-3 right now

Do you honestly think an offense is going to score every time they have the ball?

Man I too would love that, but it doesn't happen that way!

And as far as ineptness, not as bad as last year or the first two games this year.

yermom
10/6/2013, 08:09 PM
the offense only had 3 real scoring drives in the ND game, and only scored 20 on TCU with the "real" offense

you really think that sort of production can carry us through the conference?

the defense can only hold out so long

8timechamps
10/6/2013, 08:57 PM
the offense only had 3 real scoring drives in the ND game, and only scored 20 on TCU with the "real" offense

I think you're so used to the "old" OU offense, that you feel a let down (or think the offense is struggling) when they don't put 40+ points up every game.

Don't get me wrong, the offense hasn't played excellent every game, but you have to put things in perspective: TCU is a very good defense. The fact that we had 350+ yards in offense is a good sign.

This offense is built to take advantage of what's working. If the defense is defending the run, throw. If the defense is dropping extra guys in coverage, run. I know that sounds like what all offenses should do, but we haven't had that kind of offense in quite a while.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing to know about this offense is that when it mattered, when the game was still in doubt, this offense was able to run time and put the game away. We've seen it three times now: WVU, ND & TCU.

As for the defense, I think you're thinking about last year. The defense was kind of a fraud, and it got exposed. This defense is much, much different. The reason the change was made to a 3-3-5, was specifically to deal with the offenses of the Big XII. If anything, the defense should continue to improve as we see more spread teams. I'm not saying we will shut everyone down, but I don't see this defense having an issue with "holding out" for the rest of the year.

We'll know in a few weeks, because Baylor is really, really good.

OU_Sooners75
10/6/2013, 11:04 PM

Why do you bitch about wins?

ND and TCU are also the two best defenses OU will face all season.

Jesus be happy they are winning and actually improving each week.

yermom
10/7/2013, 12:24 AM
i just think i'd like to see a lot more out of them before having any kind of confidence about that game in Waco

thecrimsoncrusader
10/7/2013, 07:20 AM

You're assuming the other teams remaining on OU's schedule can actually field a competent defense against OU's offense and they can't. OU is 58-1 under Bob Stoops when rushing for 200+ yards, with that one loss being the 2006 OU/Oregon debacle. I suggest that OU tests that record liberally from here on out. If OU can get 200+ rushing against ND and TCU, I have a very hard time believing the Sooners can't do that and even more like 300+ rushing yards against the remaining opposition should they choose to.

And we shouldn't forget, OU's 2008 team with one heck of an offensive line and Demarco Murray and Chris Brown could only muster 25 rushing yards against that 2008 TCU defense. The Sooners went to the air in that game with 3 big plays of 50+ yards each to Manny Johnson and even then, OU only scored 35 points, far below their season average. I guess my point is that TCU deserves some credit. Patterson is all about defense and sacrifices offensive recruiting to maximize their defensive performance and sells out on the run big time.

Soonerwake
10/7/2013, 09:43 AM
It's funny.. For a couple of years people have been clamoring to play "big boy" football similar to what they have done in the SEC lately. Isn't that what we are doing this year?? Running the ball, fast/aggressive defense, throwing when we have to, good special teams.... Seems to me that, especially after watching ND beat ASU, that our boys are making plays to win, even against some pretty good defenses. As was said previously, ND and TCU are the best defenses we will play this season. Won both... Lastly, we have a QB who has a grand total of 3 starts. He is making good decisions, using his feet when needed including 2 BIG first down runs Saturday, not forcing throws, making some good throws down the field... Are we flashy? No. Are we making plays to win? Yes.

I agree that Baylor looks pretty impressive so far and deserve to be considered as the best in the Big XII right now. It's a long season...

Bourbon St Sooner
10/7/2013, 09:51 AM
I said last week that if Baylor had 40+ points on WVU at half I'd be impressed. Well, color me impressed. I'd have to give Baylor the nod as the best team in the conference right now, but I still like our chances down there. We're going to run the ball down their throats with a 240 lb qb and we'll see if that offense can get in a rythm when they sit on the bench for 5 or 6 mins game time.

But that's a month away. For now Tuck Fexas!

picasso
10/7/2013, 10:03 AM
Baylor has been impressive but I don't know if they win at Notre Dame.
I also think that tough game with TCU will benefit us.

Baylor just might be in trouble the first time their back is against the wall.

yermom
10/7/2013, 11:31 AM
You're assuming the other teams remaining on OU's schedule can actually field a competent defense against OU's offense and they can't. OU is 58-1 under Bob Stoops when rushing for 200+ yards, with that one loss being the 2006 OU/Oregon debacle. I suggest that OU tests that record liberally from here on out. If OU can get 200+ rushing against ND and TCU, I have a very hard time believing the Sooners can't do that and even more like 300+ rushing yards against the remaining opposition should they choose to.

And we shouldn't forget, OU's 2008 team with one heck of an offensive line and Demarco Murray and Chris Brown could only muster 25 rushing yards against that 2008 TCU defense. The Sooners went to the air in that game with 3 big plays of 50+ yards each to Manny Johnson and even then, OU only scored 35 points, far below their season average. I guess my point is that TCU deserves some credit. Patterson is all about defense and sacrifices offensive recruiting to maximize their defensive performance and sells out on the run big time.

i'm not complaining per se. i'm just not on board with all the superlatives.

8timechamps
10/7/2013, 04:15 PM

This is a pretty big deal. We've seen it happen to our own Sooners. Blowing out opponents week after week, only to find ourselves in a very tough game, and lacking any experience to cope with the situation. There's a lot to be said for playing tough games early in the season. It's putting money in the back that you hope to withdraw later in the season.

8timechamps
10/7/2013, 04:18 PM
i'm not complaining per se. i'm just not on board with all the superlatives.

What superlatives, specifically, do you disagree with?

I'm curious, because I think there are a fair number of Sooner fans out there that don't appreciate just how good ND and TCU plays defense. I'm not saying you're one of those people, but they're out there.

We will not see another defense, the rest of the year (Bowl game notwithstanding), as disciplined/talented/good as what we saw in ND and TCU. Probably not even close.

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2013, 05:35 PM

The juggernaut of Notre Dame? I'm going to with, yes, we'd demolish Notre Dame based purely on the fact that we absolutely destroyed the other two common opponents we had and the score deferential in those games.

For one thing, I don't believe Notre Dame is even as good as they played you guys. I think they were more motivated for that game than they would be for us -- the opposite is not true.

olevetonahill
10/7/2013, 06:34 PM
This is how it IS

1. Oklahoma
2. Texas Tech
3. Oklahoma St
4. TCU
5. West Virginia
6. Texas
7. Baylor
8. Kansas St
9. Iowa St
10. Kansas

ashley
10/7/2013, 07:09 PM
Baylor
OU
OSU, TT, UT, TCU Tie
KSU, ISU
K

okiewaker
10/7/2013, 07:20 PM
Sooners
TT
TCU
OSU
Baylor
Tex
WVU
ISU
K-st
Kan

8timechamps
10/7/2013, 09:06 PM
The juggernaut of Notre Dame? I'm going to with, yes, we'd demolish Notre Dame based purely on the fact that we absolutely destroyed the other two common opponents we had and the score deferential in those games.

For one thing, I don't believe Notre Dame is even as good as they played you guys. I think they were more motivated for that game than they would be for us -- the opposite is not true.

Wow, you're really buying in that much huh?!

I believe Baylor's offense is one of the top (if not the top) units in the country, but even you know that doesn't mean they'll beat every team by 40 or 50. And even if the Baylor defense is better (and they look to be), you don't go from being horrid one year, then excellent the next.

You can't base anything off of common opponents. There is no way know how Baylor would fare against Notre Dame, at Notre Dame, but unless you are last year Alabama good, nobody has "demolished" ND in a while.

OU_Sooners75
10/7/2013, 10:33 PM

Spoken like a homer and a fool!

yermom
11/8/2013, 09:50 PM
I think you're so used to the "old" OU offense, that you feel a let down (or think the offense is struggling) when they don't put 40+ points up every game.

Don't get me wrong, the offense hasn't played excellent every game, but you have to put things in perspective: TCU is a very good defense. The fact that we had 350+ yards in offense is a good sign.

This offense is built to take advantage of what's working. If the defense is defending the run, throw. If the defense is dropping extra guys in coverage, run. I know that sounds like what all offenses should do, but we haven't had that kind of offense in quite a while.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing to know about this offense is that when it mattered, when the game was still in doubt, this offense was able to run time and put the game away. We've seen it three times now: WVU, ND & TCU.

As for the defense, I think you're thinking about last year. The defense was kind of a fraud, and it got exposed. This defense is much, much different. The reason the change was made to a 3-3-5, was specifically to deal with the offenses of the Big XII. If anything, the defense should continue to improve as we see more spread teams. I'm not saying we will shut everyone down, but I don't see this defense having an issue with "holding out" for the rest of the year.

We'll know in a few weeks, because Baylor is really, really good.

Why do you bitch about wins?

ND and TCU are also the two best defenses OU will face all season.

Jesus be happy they are winning and actually improving each week.

i really hate being right sometimes