PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the first to stop Baylor?

ourichie
10/5/2013, 11:00 PM
I mean jeez 476 yards rushing

Eielson
10/5/2013, 11:04 PM
Normally I wouldn't put anything past a trip to Manhattan, but I have little faith in K-state pulling the upset after what happened last year. ISU and KU are going to get blown out. November is going to be a brutal month for them, though. They're not making it out of that undefeated.

olevetonahill
10/5/2013, 11:05 PM
Have they faced a D worth a shat?

mhackl
10/5/2013, 11:09 PM
The title of this thread is something that I never would have imagined reading anywhere other than The Onion

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2013, 11:16 PM
OU has the best chance, but of all things TCU actually concerns me simply because of our history and rivalry.

SicEmBaylor
10/5/2013, 11:17 PM
The game against Tech may be a shootout similar to Baylor/WVU last year.

I'd say OU, TCU, and Tech are clearly the three that concern me most.

Eielson
10/5/2013, 11:38 PM
I think the question shouldn't be who will stop Baylor, though. I think the question is; who will Baylor NOT stop?

olevetonahill
10/5/2013, 11:42 PM
The title of this thread is something that I never would have imagined reading anywhere other than The Onion

Kinder like OsEwe strivin to pla fer the MNC awhile back!

EatLeadCommie
10/6/2013, 12:06 AM
Alabama or Oregon. They are for real

SicEmBaylor
10/6/2013, 01:03 AM
I think the question shouldn't be who will stop Baylor, though. I think the question is; who will Baylor NOT stop?
This is likely accurate, but keep in mind that it needs to be a team that is clicking offensively well enough to trade TDs with our offense for 4qtrs. Tech may very well be that team.

Okie35
10/6/2013, 05:04 AM
Anyone that can stop Baylor from passing vertically has a shot. Us(since we have a bye before) TCU and maybe the Pokes given that it's in Stillwater have a chance.

ashley
10/6/2013, 06:43 AM
OU might, but can anyone score enough?

achiro
10/6/2013, 08:00 AM
If a team can control the clock, score and keep the ball out of Baylors hands, the score won't need to be 50+ to beat them.

BigTip
10/6/2013, 10:18 AM
Have they faced a D worth a shat?
This was my first thought.

OU might, but can anyone score enough?
This was my second thought.

SicEmBaylor
10/6/2013, 01:36 PM
If a team can control the clock, score and keep the ball out of Baylors hands, the score won't need to be 50+ to beat them.

That was the theory with Wofford too. Wofford, believe it or not, actually had a good offense. Probably the best offense we've seen so far and they absolutely dominated the time of possession. Let's review how that worked out.

It's hard to grind it out and control the ball for 8 minute long drives to catch up with a team that scores in under 2 minutes every possession. The problem becomes a lack of time to make up the deficit. Ball control doesn't mean **** anymore unless it's a one possession game.

And, if you stop the passing game, are you going to be able to simultaneously stop the rushing game? Because we're a good 4-strings deep on that equation.

8timechamps
10/6/2013, 02:10 PM
Baylor will be undefeated when OU goes to Waco on November 7. There isn't a team left on their schedule (between now and then) that will give them trouble.

Kansas State is TERRIBLE, and the Bears will roll them easily (as will the Sooners).

November 7 is when the Big XII will be decided.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/6/2013, 02:11 PM
This is likely accurate, but keep in mind that it needs to be a team that is clicking offensively well enough to trade TDs with our offense for 4qtrs. Tech may very well be that team.

I don't think so on Texas Tech. Baylor can stop Texas Tech's unrun game straight up, so just have to focus on defending the pass. Mayweather is going to have a great career, but them being extremely one-dimensional is a big problem this season when facing a good team.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/6/2013, 02:16 PM
That was the theory with Wofford too. Wofford, believe it or not, actually had a good offense. Probably the best offense we've seen so far and they absolutely dominated the time of possession. Let's review how that worked out.

It's hard to grind it out and control the ball for 8 minute long drives to catch up with a team that scores in under 2 minutes every possession. The problem becomes a lack of time to make up the deficit. Ball control doesn't mean **** anymore unless it's a one possession game.

And, if you stop the passing game, are you going to be able to simultaneously stop the rushing game? Because we're a good 4-strings deep on that equation.

Actually, ball control is a big deal. If a rhythm based offense is off the field for 8 minutes, they're less likely to have those 2 minute scoring drives. In the very recent past, Big 12 teams were used to one team scoring in two minutes and then the other team scoring in two minutes and then the other offense being right back on the field and rinse and repeat. A very systematic rhythm was created. Things are different this year.

SicEmBaylor
10/6/2013, 02:17 PM
I don't think so on Texas Tech. Baylor can stop Texas Tech's unrun game straight up, so just have to focus on defending the pass. Mayweather is going to have a great career, but them being extremely one-dimensional is a big problem this season when facing a good team.

Our secondary is the weakest part of our defense though...they're better than they were, but I truly do fear a competent passing team that can pick apart our secondary. We handled WVU trying to do that yesterday, but WVU is not in the same offensive league as Tech.

OU concerns me for the same reason if it can start firing on more than one cylinder.

achiro
10/6/2013, 03:50 PM

You didn't seriously just compare wofford to...well ANYONE!
I don't think anyone will beat Baylor in a shootout. BUT, keep their defense on the field, use up the clock, score, and make a stop or two and you beat Baylor. OU may have the talent to do that but we will see.

agoo758
10/6/2013, 04:55 PM
Using wofford as an example for why ou winning TOP won't matter was so mind numbingly stupid, I don't know how to respond to that.