PDA

View Full Version : Game Details for Fans – Oklahoma vs. TCU

Jay C. Upchurch
10/4/2013, 08:44 AM
Information and FAQs for Saturday’s game at Oklahoma Memorial Stadium.

NORMAN - No. 11 Oklahoma hosts TCU on Saturday at Owen Field. Here's a quick rundown of information for Sooner fans to answer the most frequently asked questions leading up to the game.

Q. What time is the game?
Saturday's kickoff is set for 6 p.m. CT at Gaylord Family - Oklahoma Memorial Stadium in Norman.

Q. What time does the FOX COLLEGE SATURDAY TOUR begin and how can I participate?
The FOX COLLEGE SATURDAY TOUR comes to Oklahoma on Saturday, Oct. 5, as the No. 11 Sooners host the TCU Horned Frogs.

The FOX COLLEGE SATURDAY TOUR is free and open to the public beginning at 12:30 a.m. CT. The tour will be located on the South Oval of the University of Oklahoma campus and will officially open at 12:30 p.m. CT.

Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops will make an appearance on the set at 10:30 a.m. CT and will talk via satellite with Erin Andrews and Joel Klatt in the Los Angeles studio during the FOX COLLEGE SATURDAY pregame show on FOX Sports 1.

The FOX COLLEGE SATURDAY tour is a unique pregame destination that includes interactive games, a tailgate zone, photo opportunities and FOX Sports 1 gear and gift card giveaways. Fans also have the chance to be on television during live on-air segments throughout the day with FOX college football broadcasters Gus Johnson, Charles Davis and Kristina Pink.

Activities at the FOX COLLEGE SATURDAY TOUR include a skills challenge, a virtual gaming center and a fan lounge viewing area with a 16’x10’ wide screen TV.

For more information, visit the FOX COLLEGE SATURDAY TOUR blog at http://fcstour.tumblr.com/.

Q. What weather can we expect for the game?
At kickoff expect temperatures in the upper 50s to low 60s with the possibility of temperatures in the upper 40 and lower 50s later in the game. Forecasts call for a chance of precipitation. Be sure to check for the latest weather updates as game time approaches.

Q. What TV channel is the game on?
The game is being televised live on FOX with Gus Johnson and Charles Davis in the booth and Kristina Pink on the sideline.

Q. Where can I find the official OU pregame and postgame TV shows?
Sooner Sports Game Day is OU’s official pregame show. Sooner Sports Game Day airs one hour prior to kickoff on FOX Sports Oklahoma at 5 p.m. CT.

Sooner Sports Overtime is OU’s official postgame show. Sooner Sports Overtime is set to air on FOX Sports Oklahoma approximately 10 minutes following the conclusion of the game.

Q. How can I listen to the Sooners on the radio?
Fans can listen to the OU radio broadcast on any official Sooner Sports Network affiliate, Sirius 117/XM 191, or with your SoonerSports.com subscription. Broadcast begins two hours prior to kickoff at 4 p.m. CT with the Sooner Tailgate Show featuring Toby Rowland, Merv Johnson, Chris Plank, Teddy Lehman and Dusty Dvoracek. This show features interviews with coaches and players and a pregame conversation with head coach Bob Stoops. Following the game, the 90-minute Sooner Wrap-up Show features game highlights, player comments and postgame interviews with Coach Stoops and assistant coaches.

Q. How can I follow the Sooners online?
SoonerSports.com will provide comprehensive coverage throughout game day, bringing you closer to the Sooners than anyone else can with photos, videos and insights from inside the team. SoonerSports.tv will also provide an exclusive second screen experience new to this season featuring live commentary, analysis and statistics from the SoonerVision studio to complement the regular broadcast.

Q. Will the Switzer Center be open to fans this weekend?
For home football games, the center is open Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The center is closed on Saturday (for football recruiting) but is open again on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Q. When/where is Sooner Fan Fest?
Fan Fest will be held in the Rhyne Hall parking lot directly east of McCasland Field House. Fan Fest opens at 3 p.m. off Jenkins Ave. See the list of activities below:

*Fans can ask Landry Jones questions live with AT&T @FanZoneTour 4M in the Fan Zone or log on to attfanzonetour.com.
*Fans will have the opportunity to meet Boomer and Sooner and have their photos taken with the Sooner Schooner from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Fans will also be able to meet mascots and members of the OU Spirit and Pom squads from 4:15 to 5:00 p.m. at the OU Marketing Trailer.
*Lower 40 will be performing on the visitnorman.com sound stage from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
*Activities include interactive booths provided by The Norman CVB, Bank of Oklahoma, GMC, Clearsight, OU Book Store, Deep South Equipment, AT&T and Coca Cola.
*Homeland, Kingfisher Cookers, Rib Crib, and Ghengis Grill will be on site with food and drinks available for purchase.
*GoVision will be broadcasting college football games around the country.
*The Sooner Radio Network, 107.7 The Franchise, will be broadcasting live from Fan Fest starting at 3 p.m. with Toby Rowland, Chris Plank, Dusty Dvoracek and Teddy Lehman.
*Pep rally with The Pride of Oklahoma, OU Spirit, Pom and Mascots will begin at 5:00 p.m.
*Fans can purchase 2013-2014 OU Men’s and Women’s Basketball Season Tickets on site at the OU Marketing trailer.
*Fans can sign up for Sooner Rewards for a chance to win a $50 Mid First giftcard to be given away at 8:00 a.m. at the OU Marketing trailer.

Q. When/where is the Sooner Club Tailgate?
The Sooner Club Tailgate is located inside the Mosier Indoor Facility and opens two-and-a-half hours prior to kickoff and closes 30 minutes prior to kickoff. The Sooner Club Tailgate is open to qualified Sooner Club members only.

Q. How many consecutive sellouts for Oklahoma?
Oklahoma anticipates its 90th consecutive sellout for the TCU game. The streak covers every game of Coach Stoops' tenure dating back to the season opener in 1999. In 2012, Oklahoma fans set a program record for average season attendance at 85,243.

Q. What is OU's history with TCU?
The Sooners are 8-4 all-time in their series against the Horned Frogs. Last season, OU claimed its eighth Big 12 championship after defeating TCU in Fort Worth, 24-17. The last time TCU came to Norman, OU reistered a 35-10 victory in 2008.

Q. Where is public parking located for the game?

Public parking is limited on the main campus to the Dale Hall lot and the Elm Avenue Parking Facility on game days. Spaces are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended that fans utilize one of the three shuttle systems available. Free parking is available at the Lloyd Noble Center, located approximately one mile south of the stadium. A shuttle is provided for $2 round trip and unloads one block south of the stadium on First Street. The shuttle runs throughout the game as well as up to one hour after the conclusion of the game. For more information regarding parking on and around campus, please contact the Parking Office at 405-325-3311.

PLEASE NOTE – Parking is NO LONGER permitted on Brooks Street between Jenkins Ave. and Classen Blvd. on game day. This area will remain clear to help ease postgame traffic congestion. Any vehicles parked in this location on game day will be towed at the owner’s expense. This policy will be strictly enforced.

Q. Are there any changes in traffic flow on football Saturdays?
PLEASE PLAN FOR ALTERNATE ROUTES, CONSTRUCTION ON INTERSTATE 35 CORRIDOR
A major reconstruction project is currently underway on the I-35 corridor in Norman that will have a major impact on game day traffic flow. The I-35/Main Street Bridge interchange is being completely replaced, meaning there is no egress to or from I-35 to Main Street. Fans are strongly encouraged to plan alternate routes to their parking destination in advance. Extra time should be allowed for both arrival to and departure from the stadium.

Southbound I-35 Traffic (From OKC)
· Fans are encouraged to exit no further south than Tecumseh Road. Alternate routes include:
o Exit 113 (Highway 77 – left exit) – continues into Norman as Flood Avenue
o Exit 112 (Tecumseh Road) provides access to alternate southbound routes running parallel to I-35
§ 36th Avenue NW (west of I-35)
§ 24th Avenue NW (east of I-35)
o Numerous other alternative southbound routes exist, including:
§ Sooner Road/12th Avenue NE
§ Sunnylane/Porter
§ Western Avenue/60th Avenue NW

Northbound I-35 Traffic (From Pauls Valley)
· The South Canadian River Bridge just south of Norman on I-35 is in the midst of a widening project. Northbound fans should anticipate congestion and delays in this area.

Five hours prior to kickoff there will be three street closures adjacent to the stadium. Lindsey St., which runs east and west along the southern edge of the stadium will close at Elm (west of the stadium) to just east of Jenkins Ave. Only those patrons with parking credentials for the Asp Avenue Parking Facility or the MP12 lot will be able to access Lindsey, and they must approach from the west.

Jenkins Ave. will be closed south of Page to all traffic except for those with a Field House parking pass and south to Farmers Street.

Brooks will be closed from Jenkins to Trout to all traffic but those with a parking pass for the Brooks Lot, Monnett Lot, Duck Pond Lot or East Side Stadium Suites Lot. No traffic except emergency vehicles and authorized support vehicles will be allowed west of Monnett on Brooks or south of the entrance of parking lot A-10 on Jenkins (Field House Lot). Tow away zones will be strictly enforced on both sides of Brooks between Jenkins and Classen.

Q. Where can I park my RV for the game?
The OU Athletics Department is pleased to offer 130 RV hookup spots with both 50 (208 volt) and 30 (120 volt) amp options in the southwest parking lot of Lloyd Noble Center and non-electric spots in the northwest parking lot of Lloyd Noble Center. A shuttle service from RV parking to the stadium is available. For price and registration information, please call 405-325-4666 or visit SoonerSports.com. For more information about RV parking at the Lloyd Noble Center please call the Lloyd Noble Center Business Office at 405-325-4666. RV parking is not allowed in any campus parking lot except for those designated for RV parking.

Q. What are OU's tailgating policies?
The setting up of tents, awnings and similar equipment may commence at noon the day immediately preceding game day (typically on Friday for a Saturday game). The items must be taken down and removed by noon on the day immediately following (typically Sunday). Tents, awnings and similar equipment must be securely anchored. Stakes must not be longer than 12 inches in order not to interfere with underground utilities. See the full list of tailgating policies at SoonerSports.com for more details.

Q. When can I enter the stadium?
Students (Gates 7 & 12), suite, club seat holders and Santee Lounge guests (Gates 3, 10 and Asp Parking Garage Level 5) may enter the stadium at two hours before kickoff. All others may enter an hour and a half before kickoff.

Q. Where can I locate Express Lanes if I don’t have a purse to be searched?
Express Lanes are located at stadium gates 1-7 and 9-12. Express Lanes are available this season for fans who don’t have a purse that need to be searched. Fans should take advantage of the Express Lanes to expedite their entry into the stadium.

Q. Where can I rent chair-back seats?
Chair-back seats are available at Sooner Seat Customer Service booths. Booths are located at Gates 1, 5, 7, 11-12 and on the upper west concourse.

Q. What items are restricted?
Gaylord Family – Oklahoma Memorial Stadium has adopted several “best practices” that have been implemented at many major collegiate, professional and entertainment venues nationwide. Providing a safe environment for our guests remains an ongoing priority at the University of Oklahoma, along with increasing the comfort and efficiency of all individuals entering the facility.

Allowable Personal Items – Revised
• Women’s purses (smaller than 10”x10”)
• Clear merchandise bags that meet specifications
• Seat cushions and chair backs
• EMPTY, clear personal water bottle (for drinking water)
• Approved medical devices
• Approved family care items (diapers, formula, etc. in bag 10”x10” or smaller)

Non-Allowable Items – Revised
• Any and all types of bags and backpacks (conventional or string-type cinch bags)
• Chair backs with armrests and/or wider than 16”
• Merchandise bags

Fans not bringing a women’s purse or another allowable item into the stadium are strongly encouraged to utilize Express Lanes. Chair back seats are available at Sooner Seat Customer Service booths. Fans that purchase merchandise outside the stadium or have items not adhering to these standard should plan to return it to their vehicles before entering the stadium. Advance planning will help our team serve you better on game day and alleviate potential frustration at stadium gates. All carried items and entrants are subject to search. Prohibited items must be returned to the owner’s car or discarded. Any unlawful items are subject to confiscation, and the person in possession of such items is subject to arrest. Items left at gate will be discarded.

For a complete list of restricted items, please refer to the list below.

Q. Can I use tobacco on campus?
As a reminder, last year Governor Mary Fallin issued an executive order that all state-funded institutions, including the entire OU campus and all University-owned, operated, leased and/or controlled properties be tobacco-free. This policy prohibits the use of ALL tobacco products.

Q. How can I find my seat?
Stadium attendants will assist fans in locating specific seating locations. Please refer to the seating chart at SoonerSports.com to familiarize yourself with your section of the stadium. A seating chart is also located on the back of your ticket.

List of Restricted Items
· Alcoholic beverages
· Baby seats
· Baby strollers
· Banners/signs
· Beach balls
· Cameras (professional equipment or cameras with long telephoto lenses)
· Coolers or containers
· Explosives/firearms/weapons
· Folding chairs or stools
· Food and beverages
· Ice chests
· Laptops
· Laser pointers
· Noisemakers of any type (i.e. air horn, plastic horn, whistle, etc.)
· Pets (with the exception of animals used by disabled guests)
· Personal heaters
· Purses larger than 10”x10”
· Chair backs with armrests and/or wider than 16”
· Umbrellas
· Video cameras

OU SID Report

Position Limit
10/4/2013, 09:27 AM
there's not enough q&a in that post. where and what time can i land my helicopter?