PDA

View Full Version : Retired military

texas bandman
10/3/2013, 11:52 AM
Just got an e-mail saying my military retirement pay will NOT be affected by the government shutdown. I feel like a friggin' member of Congress!!! :D

8timechamps
10/3/2013, 12:49 PM
My mom was in a panic that her SSI would stop with all of this mess. After I told her that it would still arrive, she was fine. She can certainly live without the benefits, but she'd have to tighten her belt.

I didn't have the heart to tell her she may have to really worry in a couple of weeks (with the Debt Ceiling vote).

soonercruiser
10/4/2013, 10:11 PM
The House of Reps has now passed enough single item bills to cover about 97% of government operations....to be "open".

But, the only bill that Harry the Body Reid has allowed to a Senate vote, and Obama has signed, is the one to fund the military and vets.

Soooo...it is obvious that the Senate and Obama have closed the government down!

yermom
10/5/2013, 07:33 AM
this is all a retarded show

i still don't know what the point of any of this is

i mean, they shut off websites. websites.

http://notice.usa.gov/

soonercruiser
10/6/2013, 02:10 PM
And, yet they created NEW web sites to tell the public that they can't get into national parks and memorials!
The rangers and park police that they are using to enforce the closeures is more resources than used to keep them open!
DUH!