View Full Version : From cbs sports: Ash won't play against Iowa State

Mazeppa
10/2/2013, 08:28 PM
EyeOn
College Football
David Ash won't play against Iowa State
By Tom Fornelli | College Football Writer
October 2, 2013 5:27 pm ET

David Ash will not be making the trip to Iowa State.
On Thursday night Texas will head to Ames, Iowa to take on Iowa State and it will do so without its starting quarterback.
The school announced on Wednesday that neither David Ash or offensive tackle Josh Cochran will play in the game. The official injury listed for Ash is "head," which means he's likely still dealing with issues from a concussion.
With Ash not being able to go that means Case McCoy will once again take over quarterbacking duties. McCoy has appeared in all four games for the Longhorns this season, and even started the 44-23 loss to Ole Miss. He's completed 36 of 57 passes this season for 330 yards and a touchdown.
Though it's possible that McCoy could get some help on Thursday, as the school also announced that wide receiver Mike Davis is a gametime decision. Davis did not play in Texas' last game against Kansas State, but has caught 20 passes for 223 yards and four touchdowns in three games.

MyT Oklahoma
10/2/2013, 08:41 PM
Is Mack making the trip? :wink:

8timechamps
10/2/2013, 08:41 PM
I'd be surprised to see Ash back this season, but you never know.

I suspect we'll see Tyrone Swoopes (McCoy's freshman back-up) as some point tomorrow night. I can't imagine Mack not trying anything he can to win on the road. Iowa State is a dangerous place to play for the big boys, but Texas isn't really a "big boy" this year (still would be a big win for ISU).

sendbaht
10/2/2013, 08:53 PM

FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badger
10/2/2013, 09:02 PM
It's probably a week too early to pity them so I won't...but they're a classic example of how a team potential tanks when there's not a viable quarterback

8timechamps
10/2/2013, 09:09 PM
It's probably a week too early to pity them so I won't...but they're a classic example of how a team potential tanks when there's not a viable quarterback

What is a little surprising to me is that we're not talking about UTEP or Wake Forest. Texas has far more options when recruiting QB's than most programs in the country...yet they rarely have a really good one.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/2/2013, 09:42 PM
What is a little surprising to me is that we're not talking about UTEP or Wake Forest. Texas has far more options when recruiting QB's than most programs in the country...yet they rarely have a really good one.

That's because the good qb's they recruit they try to make db's.

Dixon
10/2/2013, 09:56 PM

Don't know, but if he is, and the AD asks him to step off the bus for a quick chat, I'd recommend to him that he stay in his seat.