PDA

View Full Version : Hey Vet

diverdog
10/1/2013, 06:11 AM
Did ya get your VA disability check today? My did not show up so I think we don't get paid because of the shutdown.

yermom
10/1/2013, 07:21 AM
Who needs the government anyway?

rock on sooner
10/1/2013, 09:45 AM
Aw, we need A government, just not the 537 knuckleheads currently
involved...

olevetonahill
10/1/2013, 09:48 AM
Did ya get your VA disability check today? My did not show up so I think we don't get paid because of the shutdown.

Its there, Supposedly if this last all month Nov. wont be tho.
Aint skeered, Ill just go live under a Bridge **** em.

diverdog
10/1/2013, 10:01 AM
Its there, Supposedly if this last all month Nov. wont be tho.
Aint skeered, Ill just go live under a Bridge **** em.

Mine showed up late. Normally I bank it but I just paid for some house work and I needed it for the work.

rock on sooner
10/1/2013, 10:07 AM
Do you guys get the disability checks electronically? SS now does it
all that way now, so I don't think you'll miss out, even if this insanity
continues into November....

olevetonahill
10/1/2013, 10:08 AM
Think the Banks are Playing with us bro. The Money is in thebank normaly 3 days ahead of time yet the Banks hold it till the very last minute. They get to use it interest free for several days that way.

rock on sooner
10/1/2013, 10:14 AM
Think the Banks are Playing with us bro. The Money is in thebank normaly 3 days ahead of time yet the Banks hold it till the very last minute. They get to use it interest free for several days that way.

By George, I think he's got it! I am angered by the banks doing that
crap when the few times I deposited big checks (annuity payouts,
insurance payouts, etc). Bank mgr sez "we have to make sure the
check clears." That's nothing but Bovine Scatology! Ask about the
overnight transactions and how much they make on them.

KantoSooner
10/1/2013, 10:27 AM
The trading firm I once worked for showed overnight deposit interest as a top five source of income. Interest rates were higher back then, but still...

Soonerjeepman
10/1/2013, 10:28 AM

reminds me of the "plan" on office space..."just a few pennies here and there"....lol. multiply by the number of checks, amounts etc...it's not "just a few pennies"...

olevetonahill
10/1/2013, 10:46 AM
The trading firm I once worked for showed overnight deposit interest as a top five source of income. Interest rates were higher back then, but still...

reminds me of the "plan" on office space..."just a few pennies here and there"....lol. multiply by the number of checks, amounts etc...it's not "just a few pennies"...

It do add up A Bunch.