PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Stills sighting on MNF

aurorasooner
9/30/2013, 08:57 PM
I guess he's number 84. I sure didn't think there was any way he would make the league, and would be in Canada or the arena league at best.
Saints up on the Fins, 14-10 almost halftime.

Bccajun
9/30/2013, 09:39 PM
Being in LA I have seen him since preseason and like you I didn't think he would make the team but they are high on him. I keep thinking this is not the same player he was at OU. Might be the QB. Brees is very good at finding open receivers. If he stays healthy he will have a good season.

8timechamps
9/30/2013, 09:43 PM
Of all the guys that left, I didn't give Kenny enough credit to play in the NFL. He's clearly got the ability, and Brees seems to love him.

Just another guy the Sooner coaches can use for recruiting..."See what you can do if you come here and play?!"

Curly Bill
9/30/2013, 10:07 PM
Being in LA I have seen him since preseason and like you I didn't think he would make the team but they are high on him. I keep thinking this is not the same player he was at OU. Might be the QB. Brees is very good at finding open receivers. If he stays healthy he will have a good season.

Brees better than Landry Jones? Ya think??? LOL

Bccajun
9/30/2013, 11:02 PM
Brees better than Landry Jones? Ya think??? LOL
LOL I didn't know that. I missed the memo

nighttrain12
10/1/2013, 12:33 AM
Well, Landry did throw 24 TD passes to Stills in 3 seasons. I doubt Brees will throw that many to him.

delhalew
10/1/2013, 07:34 AM
I'm sure Stills will do fine. He was just too much of a selfish prima donna to do us any good.

BoulderSooner79
10/1/2013, 09:33 AM
I'm sure Stills will do fine. He was just too much of a selfish prima donna to do us any good.

Er? Maybe he didn't live up to your expectations, but Stills was solid most the time and made some big plays in big games for us.

Temujin
10/1/2013, 09:58 AM

Stills was one of the best blockers at WR that we've had in the Stoops era. You don't block like he does at WR if you're a selfish prima donna. Stills was the one that threw the sweet block that sprung DD for the 90+ TD at the RRS last year.

KantoSooner
10/1/2013, 10:24 AM
I don't get the hate on Stills. He's looked pretty good so far at the Saints, although I saw more pre-season than regular so far. And when he was at OU, he did a more than credible job in all phases of being a WR. He wasn't an all timer, but few are.

SoonerForLife92
10/1/2013, 10:44 AM
I was also one of the ones who thought stills leaving was idiotic on his part. He has thus proved me wrong. He has done good enough (and with a little injury luck) to earn the third WR spot for them.

badger
10/1/2013, 11:02 AM
I was initially skeptical, then I saw him make the most amazing catch in the history of Sainthood ever during the preseason and immediately recanted everything negative I ever said about his pro prospects.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/1/2013, 12:20 PM
I think Stills has gotten past some of the maturity issues he had at OU. I think it speaks a lot to the way Stoops handles these guys that come in, are immature and get in trouble. Look at Ryan Broyles. I can't really recall any of Stoops guys going to the NFL and getting in trouble.

As far as his position with the Saints, I think he'll make Lance Moore expendable in the next year or two. Moore just can't get through a season healthy.

delhalew
10/1/2013, 01:27 PM
With Kenny it seemed to depend on if he was in the mood.
Could be one of greats. I'm guessing now that he's being paid he won't be jogging through routes and pointing fingers. Glass houses.