QB - Justice Hansen

2015 Offers
LB - Cam Townsend
S - Will Sunderland

2015 Commits
OL - Josh Wariboko
OL - Bobby Evans

Updates

LB Jamadre Cobb and Marcus Ware (both Arizona Commits have elected not to attened this week's game).

Updated (10/1/13) Added more confirmed visitors.
I'll update is others are confirmed.

Ruf/Nek7
10/2/2013, 10:44 AM
This is just phenomenal. Do work coaches! Hope all of our player/hosts are ready.

8timechamps
10/2/2013, 09:15 PM
This is just phenomenal. Do work coaches! Hope all of our player/hosts are ready.

Biggest weekend for visitors, by far.

Adrian Peterson is going to be in Palestine, TX. on Friday, so I'm really, really hoping he'll get to Norman for the game Saturday. Joe Mixon's interest in OU started with his interest in AD. It would be awesome if AD whispered "come to OU" in his ear.

Soonerwake
10/3/2013, 01:02 PM
You would think that with 3 senior RB's leaving at the end of the year, this would be a great time for an elite RB to jump on board. I know there is depth behind them, but there's a chance for someone to take control next summer.

8timechamps
10/3/2013, 01:16 PM
You would think that with 3 senior RB's leaving at the end of the year, this would be a great time for an elite RB to jump on board. I know there is depth behind them, but there's a chance for someone to take control next summer.

I think that's been a big draw for Mixon. He's down to his final 5, but it's really a 3 horse race (Cal - close to home, OU - close with Gundy and huge AD fan, Wisconsin - I have no idea, other that a history of a good running game).

I'd say OU's chances are about 60% with Mixon. I think they can close the deal this weekend (although I don't think he'll commit until the Army All Star game). He visited Cal last week, and he said he liked it, but Norman should be night and day by comparison.

mojorisen2014
10/3/2013, 01:21 PM
I thought Oregon is on mixons radar

8timechamps
10/3/2013, 05:47 PM
I thought Oregon is on mixons radar

I believe they were a top 5, but I don't think they are really a contender. If he stays on the west coast, he'll go to Cal.

Ruf/Nek7
10/3/2013, 08:05 PM
I had heard that AD would be in Norman on Saturday. I honestly cannot remember where i saw that but i know i saw it. Hope i am not mistaken.

8timechamps
10/3/2013, 08:53 PM
I had heard that AD would be in Norman on Saturday. I honestly cannot remember where i saw that but i know i saw it. Hope i am not mistaken.

It would make sense...Let's hope he is!

MyT Oklahoma
10/3/2013, 11:03 PM
I have heard of Mr. Mixon before. Everyone please be loud as all get out.

mhackl
10/4/2013, 12:38 PM
I was just reading about this in the following article on sbnation.
Oklahoma hosting massive California contingent for TCU contest (http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/10/4/4802460/oklahoma-sooners-tcu-horned-frogs-visitors-joe-mixon-adoree-jackson)

Jacie
10/4/2013, 08:19 PM
The list looks good but a visit does not guarantee a commitment.

At least some of those kids are making the trip because they are allowed.

Of course, the coaches have a better chance of swaying them OUr way with a visit than if they did not come here at all.

But the one article makes clear, the West Coast schools have the edge on most of these.

Soonerwake
10/6/2013, 10:52 AM
I noticed that a bunch of former Sooners were in town too. Coincidence?? I would think that they put on the "look at all these NFL players from here" thing...

8timechamps
10/6/2013, 09:27 PM
The list looks good but a visit does not guarantee a commitment.

At least some of those kids are making the trip because they are allowed.

Of course, the coaches have a better chance of swaying them OUr way with a visit than if they did not come here at all.

But the one article makes clear, the West Coast schools have the edge on most of these.

Always the case. A visit is only a visit, but statistically, schools improve their odds with a visit, so anything helps.

It's going to be tough to land some of the west coast guys, but what's new?

Of the guys that made the trip, Mixon and Quick are probably the most realistic. Mixon, because of AD...and Quick, because he played with L.J. Moore and Hatari Byrd in high school.

But, you never know.

8timechamps
10/6/2013, 09:34 PM
RB-Joe Mixon reaction after his visit:

"It was so live out there. It was my first time ever in Norman. The campus was really cool. I got there on Friday and it felt like I was in California. The weather was just like ours, it was pretty nice."

"Saturday, that just blew it away for me! It was just crazy at the game."

"I'd definitely give it a ten."

Mjcpr
10/6/2013, 09:49 PM
Sweet. I guess we shouldn't expect immediate commitments if these guys are as highly rated as you say. I'm guessing these are the type of guys to take their visits and announce later in the process, like at an AA game or something?

Jacie
10/7/2013, 09:59 AM
RB-Joe Mixon reaction after his visit:

"I got there on Friday and it felt like I was in California. The weather was just like ours, it was pretty nice."

Sorry, this one made me laugh. I think of people who migrated to socal from other parts of the country (including my own daughter who attends USC) and universally, they comment about the difference in the weather. We got lucky Mixon was in town that weekend and not earlier . . .

badger
10/7/2013, 10:02 AM
So my guess is they're used to a breezy, cooler coastal climate, as opposed to sit-on-sunny-beach-100s climate?

In any event, hope they had fun. TCU brought a vocal opposing contingent, which I think just made our fans try harder at the end :)

KantoSooner
10/7/2013, 10:27 AM
It was so heart warming to hear the TCU fans joining us in cheering the 'horns down' guy who'd been to 65 straight Ou/Texas games.
We'd found common ground.

but then, almost all good hearted people the world over hate UT.

8timechamps
10/7/2013, 03:47 PM
Sweet. I guess we shouldn't expect immediate commitments if these guys are as highly rated as you say. I'm guessing these are the type of guys to take their visits and announce later in the process, like at an AA game or something?

You never know with these guys, but it does seem like the really highly rated guys wait longer. Mixon hasn't set a date for his announcement, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being a the UA or AA game.

8timechamps
10/7/2013, 03:48 PM
Sorry, this one made me laugh. I think of people who migrated to socal from other parts of the country (including my own daughter who attends USC) and universally, they comment about the difference in the weather. We got lucky Mixon was in town that weekend and not earlier . . .

I've never spent much time in SoCal, so I don't really know much about the normal weather there (other than it always looks pretty nice on TV). I did notice the comment he made, and thought "at least it wasn't 102 degrees at kick-off...or 5 degrees with wind".

Ruf/Nek7
10/15/2013, 12:10 PM
Word is, Smallwood's visit did not go so hot.

8timechamps
10/15/2013, 09:51 PM
Word is, Smallwood's visit did not go so hot.

Really?

I heard the opposite. His high school coach said he had a "great visit".

What are you hearing?

Ruf/Nek7
10/16/2013, 10:09 AM
Really?

I heard the opposite. His high school coach said he had a "great visit".

What are you hearing?

I got the info from a paid site so i do not want to violate any rules but in a nutshell, word is he did not talk with coaches much.

8timechamps
10/16/2013, 06:44 PM
I got the info from a paid site so i do not want to violate any rules but in a nutshell, word is he did not talk with coaches much.

I appreciate you not giving out premium info here.

I hadn't heard anything about his contact with the coaches, so that is interesting. All I have really heard about his visit was that his HS coach said it went great. But, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Ruf/Nek7
10/16/2013, 07:38 PM
I appreciate you not giving out premium info here.

I hadn't heard anything about his contact with the coaches, so that is interesting. All I have really heard about his visit was that his HS coach said it went great. But, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Someone more close to smallwood revealed a different story than the coaches. Either way, it is odd that not everyone was on the same page.

Mjcpr
10/16/2013, 10:27 PM
Someone more close to smallwood revealed a different story than the coaches. Either way, it is odd that not everyone was on the same page.

Seems like every year we have some kind of issue with a recruiting visit. WTF? Seems like if ever there was a time to kiss somebody's ***, that'd be it.

Curly Bill
10/16/2013, 10:34 PM
Seems like every year we have some kind of issue with a recruiting visit. WTF? Seems like if ever there was a time to kiss somebody's ***, that'd be it.

I think the dude's a high 3-star recruit. Too high for us - we're going for lower tier 3-stars, and 2-stars are even better!

Mjcpr
10/16/2013, 10:58 PM
I think the dude's a high 3-star recruit. Too high for us - we're going for lower tier 3-stars, and 2-stars are even better!

I guess it is going to come down to us, North Texas and La Lafayette. *fingers crossed*

Curly Bill
10/16/2013, 11:00 PM
I guess it is going to come down to us, North Texas and La Lafayette. *fingers crossed*

That's about what we're reduced to right now. LOL

8timechamps
10/17/2013, 04:25 PM
I don't think anyone is putting all of their eggs in Smallwood's basket. If anything, he was a bonus to the kids already planning that trip (he was a USC commit up 'til just a few weeks ago).

We'll see how it plays out.