badger
9/30/2013, 02:37 PM
Longhorn alarm clock:
10 am: Hit snooze
11 am: Hit snooze
Noon: Hear what halftime score is... and decide to stay in bed for rest of day

ouwasp
9/30/2013, 03:11 PM
heh... badger's Longhorn clock made me remember--- back in 2001 I took some allergy meds during the first half (I was headed to a church group campout that evening and had to get cleared up)... at halftime, I switched over to the Weather Channel to see what we were in for that night and promptly dozed off. I woke up some while later, and in a panic switched it back to the game... just in time to see Texas fair catch a punt down at their own one yd line (isn't that what happened?). Of course, Superman soon happened...

badger
9/30/2013, 03:31 PM
You lazy wasp --- they made us wake up at the crack of dawn to rehearse our halftime crap that day... and that was also the year they took the bands out of the stands so they could sell more RRS tickets, so we couldn't even see the game, anyways.

I had never seen a UT band uniform before that day. It couldn't be un-seen. :(

SoonerStormchaser
9/30/2013, 03:32 PM
Yep...Nathan Vashar called for a fair catch at the 3 instead of letting it go into the endzone...Superman happened on the next play.

olevetonahill
9/30/2013, 04:34 PM
I hate 11 am KOs , I still aint done with my Coffee and have to start Drankin

mojorisen2014
9/30/2013, 04:41 PM
I hate 11 am KOs , I still aint done with my Coffee and have to start Drankin
I'm with ya. Can't stand getting up at the *** crack of dawn and going to the fair and there not being anything open.

WA. Sooner
9/30/2013, 04:58 PM
Shoot outs should always be High Noon

olevetonahill
9/30/2013, 05:35 PM

Slaughters at evening time.

ouleaf
10/1/2013, 03:13 PM
tickets on the Texas-side on StubHub are going for substantially less than the OU side. Looking like this thing won't be a 50/50 split this year.

SoonerPride93
10/1/2013, 03:45 PM
The thread on Shaggy Bevo is hilarious

rock on sooner
10/1/2013, 03:45 PM

On tha East Coast this year it's at noon...11:00 Central...so all's in
order!! BOOMER!!!!

Wishboned
10/1/2013, 03:48 PM
heh... badger's Longhorn clock made me remember--- back in 2001 I took some allergy meds during the first half (I was headed to a church group campout that evening and had to get cleared up)... at halftime, I switched over to the Weather Channel to see what we were in for that night and promptly dozed off. I woke up some while later, and in a panic switched it back to the game... just in time to see Texas fair catch a punt down at their own one yd line (isn't that what happened?). Of course, Superman soon happened...

I remember the 2000 game. I forgot it was on at 11, overslept, woke up, immediately turned on the game and it was 35-0. I thought my vision was still sleepy blurry.

soonerloyal
10/1/2013, 04:01 PM
I had never seen a UT band uniform before that day. It couldn't be un-seen. :(

You can see the cheezy polyester knap from your armchair watching teevee from home. Egad, the craptasticness of that dimestore plastic-based weave & fringe makes Baby Jesus cry. :cower:

olevetonahill
10/1/2013, 04:10 PM
You can see the cheezy polyester knap from your armchair watching teevee from home. Egad, the craptasticness of that dimestore plastic-based weave & fringe makes Baby Jesus cry. :cower:

Heh, It enough to Gag a Maggot.

cvsooner
10/1/2013, 04:49 PM
Here on the West Coast, it's a 9 am kick, so I don't see what you guys are complaining about.

texas bandman
10/2/2013, 12:44 AM
I had my band scheduled at contest for 8:30 a.m. that day so that I could be home before kick-off. I have my priorities straight!

SoonerStormchaser
10/2/2013, 02:41 AM
The thread on Shaggy Bevo is hilarious

http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_uk/characters/images/link/link.jpg?

sendbaht
10/2/2013, 03:45 AM
Here on the West Coast, it's a 9 am kick, so I don't see what you guys are complaining about.

I like breakfast and the Sooners...for me it's 11pm.... so I guess the party is just starting.....bring it on!

stoopified
10/2/2013, 06:25 AM
Can we kick UT this week and then play the Frogs? I'm ready for a longhorn roasting, now.

Sooners78
10/2/2013, 11:37 AM
Love the 11 am kickoff. I don't remember how to sleep in anymore, so I'm up at 5 every morning. Gives me just enough time to get some good pecan and mulberry coals burning in the smoker after I have my morning espresso. Then, whatever meat I have (preferably baby back ribs) goes in for a long smoke.

DMSooner
10/2/2013, 12:09 PM

This, but I actually like the 9 am start times!

AZSOONER
10/2/2013, 12:46 PM
Too early for me to want to make the trip to Dallas, but I can roll outta bed for it, or at least DVR it. ;)

LakeRat
10/2/2013, 01:01 PM
Can someone link the bevo thread

MichiganSooner
10/2/2013, 02:41 PM
StubHub has Texas end tickets as low as $90; lots for $100. Wife and I have never gone and want to go someday. We are in the 61-63 age range; do not loudmouth, cuss, etc; are respectful of others. Would wear OU clothes and cheer loudly for the Sooners. Should we go or will it be too crazy down at that end? We have been to away games at OSU and Big 12 championship games with opposing crowd members all around us. Any advice?

olevetonahill
10/2/2013, 02:47 PM
StubHub has Texas end tickets as low as $90; lots for $100. Wife and I have never gone and want to go someday. We are in the 61-63 age range; do not loudmouth, cuss, etc; are respectful of others. Would wear OU clothes and cheer loudly for the Sooners. Should we go or will it be too crazy down at that end? We have been to away games at OSU and Big 12 championship games with opposing crowd members all around us. Any advice?

Im 63 and IfI wanted to go I'd go and just ignore any Loud mouths. they gonna be gone by 1/2 time anyway.

BoulderSooner79
10/2/2013, 03:45 PM
Im 63 and IfI wanted to go I'd go and just ignore any Loud mouths. they gonna be gone by 1/2 time anyway.

63? Why, I wouldn't have guessed you'd be a day over 62 1/2.

cvsooner
10/2/2013, 04:45 PM
Betcha David Ash doesn't go. He may be done due to concussions. Jake Trotter reporting Ash isn't even making the trip to Ames for Iowa State. So we will probably face HerpDerp McCoy.

instigator
10/2/2013, 06:23 PM
Can someone link the bevo thread

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/136354-Red-River-Shootout-at-11am/page1

olevetonahill
10/2/2013, 06:35 PM
63? Why, I wouldn't have guessed you'd be a day over 62 1/2.

Why ya think my Tits sag?

olevetonahill
10/2/2013, 06:39 PM
Betcha David Ash doesn't go. He may be done due to concussions. Jake Trotter reporting Ash isn't even making the trip to Ames for Iowa State. So we will probably face HerpDerp McCoy.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwZgVY6Z6eiN6MVXph-k5WYFwAJ1zbTO6l_XqK_4cIASb9yM4L

SoonerDood
10/2/2013, 06:54 PM
lol Face McCoy

cvsooner
10/2/2013, 07:11 PM
This may be my favorite post from the SB thread:

"would be better if it was 11 pm, wouldn't clog up the airwaves and preempt a better football game"

soonerloyal
10/2/2013, 07:35 PM

All pregame revelry aside, bless that poor kid's heart. Ya gotta hurt for Ash; no mark in the W column is worth permanent damage to the brain. I hope that's not the, uh, case. No pun intended.

PhilTLL
10/2/2013, 07:48 PM

I really don't think they'll be in a mood or a position to do a lot of ****-talking. I'd jump on it. I might myself. If we blow it, things might get rough, but other than that I wouldn't sweat too hard. Plus this year a lot of OU people will be doing the same thing.

MyT Oklahoma
10/2/2013, 08:11 PM
"Do we really have to play this game? I don't think I can stand another Stoops raping."

^^ Classic!

bluedogok
10/3/2013, 12:41 AM
I've sat in the Texas many times and never had an issue, never any talk other than some good natured ribbing. Most of those were Texas wins as well. There are some obnoxious fans everywhere but I found most Whorn fans to be fine, many friends from there after living in Austin for 9 years.

OUmillenium
10/3/2013, 01:47 AM
I've sat in the Texas many times and never had an issue, never any talk other than some good natured ribbing. Most of those were Texas wins as well. There are some obnoxious fans everywhere but I found most Whorn fans to be fine, many friends from there after living in Austin for 9 years.

Should not be a problem. Student section is on the 10-20 yard line area. Endzone probably have a more Sooners in it than normal. Most UTerus fans are fine anyway.

Southeast Sooner
10/3/2013, 10:06 AM
StubHub has Texas end tickets as low as $90; lots for $100. Wife and I have never gone and want to go someday. We are in the 61-63 age range; do not loudmouth, cuss, etc; are respectful of others. Would wear OU clothes and cheer loudly for the Sooners. Should we go or will it be too crazy down at that end? We have been to away games at OSU and Big 12 championship games with opposing crowd members all around us. Any advice? My wife and I sat in the Texas end a couple of times and no problems and will be there this year also. There will be other Sooner fans around. I've found it much worse to have to sit among osu fans.

instigator
10/3/2013, 10:11 AM

I've seen some bad Texas that actually get mouthy to people that are minding their own business, but I doubt you'd have much trouble this year. This year they are resigned to how bad they are and don't have much fight in them. Really I haven't seen much trouble over the 10 years I've been going. Most people just enjoy the day and have fun.

PrideMom
10/3/2013, 11:46 AM
MichiganSooner, you maybe sitting with a lot more Sooner fans than you think. Now a portion of the Texas endzone is ALL Sooners to even out the number of seats because of the south endzone entry ramp. Plus, I am sure MANY Texas fans are dumping their tickets.......I would be after seeing the OU defense against Notre Dame!!!!!

MichiganSooner
10/3/2013, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the encouragement.

MichiganSooner
10/3/2013, 10:58 PM
MichiganSooner, you maybe sitting with a lot more Sooner fans than you think. Now a portion of the Texas endzone is ALL Sooners to even out the number of seats because of the south endzone entry ramp. Plus, I am sure MANY Texas fans are dumping their tickets.......I would be after seeing the OU defense against Notre Dame!!!!!
Which section of the TX endzone is all Sooners?