PDA

View Full Version : UConn Coach Fired

BigJerm7
9/30/2013, 02:12 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/aac/2013/09/30/uconn-football-coach-paul-pasqualoni-fired/2895197/

badger
9/30/2013, 02:26 PM
it is too ****ing early to start the annual College Football Coaching Changes thread, dammit!

so somebody else start it so I don't have to :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

olevetonahill
9/30/2013, 04:52 PM
it is too ****ing early to start the annual College Football Coaching Changes thread, dammit!

so somebody else start it so I don't have to :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8TC said he would when hes Dayum good an Ready !

Soonerwake
10/1/2013, 09:43 AM
When you get blown out by Buffalo, it's time to go.

UConn has REALLY fallen fast since the Fiesta Bowl a couple of years ago. WOW!!!

KantoSooner
10/1/2013, 10:16 AM
The Fiesta Bowl against us was the high water mark for the Huskies. They play in a world more appropriately inhabited by UMass/Amherst, Stonybrook, Poughkeepsie State, etc. Large-ish state schools with fun tail gating, the rare elite athlete and mostly mid-tier FCS football.
Great entertainment on beautiful fall afternoons.
But to mistake football in the Mohawk or Pioneer valleys for what exists in major Div 1 schools is to utterly misunderstand reality. Most years Jenks or Union would beat them handily.

badger
10/1/2013, 10:41 AM
Thank you UConn for being the sh!tty BCS opponent OU needed to get that monkey off Stoops back.

**** UConn for stealing one of Sherri's best chances at a national title :mad:

BigJerm7
10/1/2013, 11:46 AM
I lived in CT for 3 years, and yes, the entire region is void of decent DI football. Yale games were pitiful. 30,000 seat stadium with 2,000 people. University of New Haven and Southern Connecticut had decent teams and were OK to watch, but were like watching UCO play. I went to a UConn game when they actually played on campus. The stadium was like a 3A stadium in Oklahoma. High school football is not a big deal up there either. There was plenty of talent, just not real exciting.

David Earl
10/1/2013, 11:54 AM
You people obviously don't get it. UCONN is coming after Stoops... hard!

It's practically a done deal.

badger
10/1/2013, 12:07 PM
You people obviously don't get it. UCONN is coming after Stoops... hard!

It's practically a done deal.

They fired him too soon. Next year UConn is going to be one of the biggest fish in one of the smallest ponds out there, the newly formed AAC.

Shed a tear for Husky --- they're not getting a Big 12, ACC, or Big Ten invite.

David Earl
10/1/2013, 01:51 PM
They fired him too soon.

You mean they fired Stoops... ALREADY?!

:applouse:

Great. Maybe we can get him hired back in time for TCU.