PDA

View Full Version : mark it down...

OU_Sooners75
9/29/2013, 09:30 PM
The BCS title winner will not be from the SEX this year!

I wouldn't be surprised if neither team is from the SEC either.

8timechamps
9/29/2013, 09:36 PM
While it's possible, it's not probable.

You forget how much ESPN has a say in the way things work.

You've already seen what happened with LSU losing to UGA...they didn't even drop out of the top 10. South Carolina has looked very mediocre, and yet they sit in the top 10. Bama, who I think is still one of the best teams in the country, isn't going anywhere.

There's too many SEC teams in the top 10 to exclude them from the title game.

The ONLY way the SEC doesn't get a spot is if at least two other (non-SEC) teams go undefeated, AND the top SEC team just look bad at the end of the season. Otherwise, I can almost guarantee the SEC has one team in the big game.

CatfishSooner
9/29/2013, 09:37 PM
Mark it down...OU gets #8 this year!!!!! ala 2000

Soonerwake
9/29/2013, 09:39 PM
I would almost bet the farm that an SEC team will be in the championship game. But, Oregon is the best team in the country right now anyway....

Blue
9/29/2013, 09:40 PM
Same ol Ducks until I see different. Lets see what they do when they are tested.

8timechamps
9/29/2013, 09:41 PM
I would almost bet the far, that an SEC team will be in the championship game. But, Oregon is the best team in the country right now anyway....

I agree, Oregon looks better than everyone in the SEC, including Alabama.

8timechamps
9/29/2013, 09:42 PM
Same ol Ducks until I see different. Lets see what they do when they are tested.

Very true. The question isn't are they good now, it's are they good enough?!

agoo758
9/29/2013, 09:53 PM
Oregon and Stanford are 1 and 2 respectively.

JiminyChristmas
9/29/2013, 09:58 PM
Marked

8timechamps
9/29/2013, 09:58 PM
Oregon and Stanford are 1 and 2 respectively.

Hard to disagree. What's funny is that Army gave Stanford their toughest game yet, and clearly Army isn't as good as some of the teams Stanford has destroyed this year.

BoulderSooner79
9/29/2013, 11:16 PM
The BCS title winner will not be from the SEX this year!

I wouldn't be surprised if neither team is from the SEC either.

I was so hoping for that last year, but Chip Kelly screwed the pooch. Had he not gotten greedy when he had a short FG, UO wins the Stanford game and we get UO/ND in the title game. If that had happened, I wouldn't have cared who won, I would have just LMAO at all the SEC board meltdowns.

It will be interesting to see if UO is actually better w/o the Chip Kelly arrogance. But the PAC12 has a lot of tough teams and could knock each other off as easily as the SEC could.

BoulderSooner79
9/29/2013, 11:18 PM
Hard to disagree. What's funny is that Army gave Stanford their toughest game yet, and clearly Army isn't as good as some of the teams Stanford has destroyed this year.

And if they played again, Stanford would probably win by 50. Some teams start slow and then start clicking. Just ask OSU how turrible WVU turned out to be.

hawaii 5-0
9/29/2013, 11:23 PM
Imma thinkin' Ohio State and Oregon will play for the MNC.

5-0

Temujin
9/30/2013, 01:05 AM
While it's possible, it's not probable.

You forget how much ESPN has a say in the way things work.

You've already seen what happened with LSU losing to UGA...they didn't even drop out of the top 10. South Carolina has looked very mediocre, and yet they sit in the top 10. Bama, who I think is still one of the best teams in the country, isn't going anywhere.

There's too many SEC teams in the top 10 to exclude them from the title game.

The ONLY way the SEC doesn't get a spot is if at least two other (non-SEC) teams go undefeated, AND the top SEC team just look bad at the end of the season. Otherwise, I can almost guarantee the SEC has one team in the big game.

No doubt about it. Here were my thoughts even with OU going undefeated. If a Pac-12 team and OU goes undefeated, but Alabama or LSU is sitting there with 1 loss, I think it's a STRONG possibility that E-SEC-PN pulls a Mack Brown and pushes the votes toward the SEC. If OU and Louisville go undefeated and a 1-loss SEC team is sitting out there, Louisville gets jumped.

Soonerwake
9/30/2013, 01:50 AM

5-0

And UO wins by three TDs...

SoonerStormchaser
9/30/2013, 05:07 AM

5-0
Then Go Ducks!

Jacie
9/30/2013, 08:15 AM
An unbeaten Ohio State gets the nod over any other unbeaten (in the 3-way scenario) based on being the media darling last year (they love unbeaten teams on probation). Only way bama doesn't go is with a loss cause #1 does not get leap frogged no matter how well #2 is playing.

BoulderSooner79
9/30/2013, 10:05 AM
No doubt about it. Here were my thoughts even with OU going undefeated. If a Pac-12 team and OU goes undefeated, but Alabama or LSU is sitting there with 1 loss, I think it's a STRONG possibility that E-SEC-PN pulls a Mack Brown and pushes the votes toward the SEC. If OU and Louisville go undefeated and a 1-loss SEC team is sitting out there, Louisville gets jumped.

If OU goes undefeated the will be in the title game.

OU wil not go undefeated.

Ruf/Nek7
9/30/2013, 10:11 AM
The only way this happens is for orange aggy get their ish together and win out until they lose to us. Baylor needs to be undefeated come time we play them. If baylor and orange aggy play before Nov. 7, then i hope Baylor wins that game because they are the new kids on the block and if we beat them in Waco, that is style points. IMO....unfortunately, even if we do all of those things, i do not see OU getting one of the spots to play for #8.

DrZaius
9/30/2013, 10:24 AM
OU wil not go undefeated.[/QUOTE]

I am not leaning that way. I think our schedule with the B12 being down this year will hurt us. Plus nobody put BsAeBcY in the corner. They have already started crying here in the south.

BoulderSooner79
9/30/2013, 10:39 AM
OU wil not go undefeated.

I am not leaning that way. I think our schedule with the B12 being down this year will hurt us. Plus nobody put BsAeBcY in the corner. They have already started crying here in the south.[/QUOTE]

Hope you're right, but I'm just talking from a "where would you bet real money" point of view.

SoonerKnight
9/30/2013, 10:47 AM
Ohio State in the title game and maybe Oklahoma gets there?!?!?!?!?!?

8timechamps
9/30/2013, 04:09 PM
I'm surprised at the love for Ohio State in this thread (I know it's not love, but the predictions...). I know we were all on cloud 9 after the ND game, but did anyone watch the tOSU/Wisky game? Wisconsin is good, but their not great, and they gave tOSU everything they wanted.

It's very possible that Ohio State goes undefeated, BUT their schedule would be the weakest of any other undefeated team (sans Louisville). If there are undefeated teams from any other two conferences, OSU gets left out.

BoulderSooner79
9/30/2013, 04:15 PM
I'm surprised at the love for Ohio State in this thread (I know it's not love, but the predictions...). I know we were all on cloud 9 after the ND game, but did anyone watch the tOSU/Wisky game? Wisconsin is good, but their not great, and they gave tOSU everything they wanted.

It's very possible that Ohio State goes undefeated, BUT their schedule would be the weakest of any other undefeated team (sans Louisville). If there are undefeated teams from any other two conferences, OSU gets left out.

The predictions are exactly because of the soft schedule combined with the unlikely event of UO and 'Bama both winning out. tOSU was 12-0 last season and get partial SEC credit due to their coach. Wisky may not be great, but they might be the best team tOSU plays and now that challenge is behind them. Maybe Michigan or Northwestern get better as we go along. As it stands today, tOSU just has to take care of business and wait for UO or 'Bama to falter.

8timechamps
9/30/2013, 04:19 PM
The predictions are exactly because of the soft schedule combined with the unlikely event of UO and 'Bama both winning out. tOSU was 12-0 last season and get partial SEC credit due to their coach. Wisky may not be great, but they might be the best team tOSU plays and now that challenge is behind them. Maybe Michigan or Northwestern get better as we go along. As it stands today, tOSU just has to take care of business and wait for UO or 'Bama to falter.

Agreed, although I think an undefeated OU would get in over and undefeated tOSU. Should something crazy happen, and Baylor go undefeated, I'm not so certain they would get in over the Buckeyes.

And you're right, Wisky may have been the toughest team tOSU plays all year.

JiminyChristmas
9/30/2013, 04:32 PM
There is a good chance Alabama loses to either LSU or in the SEC championship game.

There is also a good chance that 2 teams from the group of Oregon, Stanford, Ohio St, Clemson, and Florida St will go undefeated (I'm leaving OU out just for emotions sake).

Stanford gets Oregon at Stanford and Clemson gets FSU at Clemson. But, Clemson still has to play South Carolina in the final game of their season. Based on that, it would most likely be Stanford and Ohio St as the two undefeated teams ranked ahead of all the one loss SEC teams.

With all that said, I guess I agree with the OP that there is at least a good chance that the SEC gets left out. Problem with that is the national media will give the SEC a pass because "they were penalized becuase they are all so great and beat up on each other". The only way to really put to bed some of the SEC love is to beat there champion in the BCS title game.

PalmBeachSooner
9/30/2013, 05:38 PM
Mark it down...OU gets #8 this year!!!!! ala 2000

We don't have the UT, Nebraska and KSU gauntlet we had in 2000 that shot us up the ranking. We would need a LOT of help. The most important thing right now is preparing for TCU and avoiding a let down. Gotta forget about the ND win and move on.

8timechamps
9/30/2013, 06:29 PM
We don't have the UT, Nebraska and KSU gauntlet we had in 2000 that shot us up the ranking. We would need a LOT of help. The most important thing right now is preparing for TCU and avoiding a let down. Gotta forget about the ND win and move on.

What we do have though, is several ranked teams left on the schedule. One of which (Baylor) should be undefeated and in the top 10 by the time we play.

hawaii 5-0
9/30/2013, 06:33 PM
I picked Ohio State because of the News's love for their QB. They'll want to see him in the NC game. They love Urban Meyer too.

Gotta admit I was impressed with the way he led his team against the Badgers.

Now having said that I hope they lose a few.

5-0

Scott D
9/30/2013, 07:52 PM
An unbeaten Ohio State gets the nod over any other unbeaten (in the 3-way scenario) based on being the media darling last year (they love unbeaten teams on probation). Only way bama doesn't go is with a loss cause #1 does not get leap frogged no matter how well #2 is playing.

Ohio State was far from a media darling last year. In fact many media types were of the opinion that the only reason that Ohio State was undefeated last season is because they were on probation.

stoopified
9/30/2013, 08:56 PM
Mark it down...OU gets #8 this year!!!!! ala 2000From your lips to God's ear.