PDA

View Full Version : Bell-Air???

deweydw
9/29/2013, 07:33 AM
I heard this on ESPNU this morning. Time to end the Bell-Dozer? BB did have some good runs. But when they ran the "Bell-Dozer", it didn't seem to look the same as last season. And it didn't seem to work as well. His passing accuracy is still a little off IMO. But he did well last night. One thing that does bother me is when he goes long he puts a lot of air under the ball. Needs to bring the arch down a little.

So will the Bell-Air stick?

Therealsouthsider
9/29/2013, 09:31 AM
.....Shepard is the Prince of Bell-Air

ss

En_Fuego
9/29/2013, 09:36 AM
.....Shepard is the Prince of Bell-Air

ss

excellent

Position Limit
9/29/2013, 09:45 AM
I heard this on ESPNU this morning. Time to end the Bell-Dozer? BB did have some good runs. But when they ran the "Bell-Dozer", it didn't seem to look the same as last season. And it didn't seem to work as well. His passing accuracy is still a little off IMO. But he did well last night. One thing that does bother me is when he goes long he puts a lot of air under the ball. Needs to bring the arch down a little.

So will the Bell-Air stick?

You're a good example why college football is sucking these days. How is the air under your ball? And your type really needs a nick name branded by espn to really get you on board. Sad...

Therealsouthsider
9/29/2013, 10:04 AM
You're a good example why college football is sucking these days. How is the air under your ball? And your type really needs a nick name branded by espn to really get you on board. Sad...

...if air isn't under the ball you are more than likely watching soccer

ss

SoonerMarkVA
9/29/2013, 10:46 AM
Except it wasn't the Belldozer. It was just a QB run out of a fairly standard formation. The Belldozer was to pack everyone in, with both Rip and Millard, and shove it down your throat. Do that, and a few of those might have worked. String it out with Bell and just Millard--no, that didn't work well at all.

CatfishSooner
9/29/2013, 11:08 AM

calm down there **** face

rock on sooner
9/29/2013, 11:14 AM
Except it wasn't the Belldozer. It was just a QB run out of a fairly standard formation. The Belldozer was to pack everyone in, with both Rip and Millard, and shove it down your throat. Do that, and a few of those might have worked. String it out with Bell and just Millard--no, that didn't work well at all.

Help me out here...I watched the game and the highlights...on the
3rd and shorts, I never saw Rip and Millard in the backfield at the
same time (Now, I was playing with my grandson most of the game
so I may have missed it). The announcers correctly said on those
short downs just follow Millard to the ball and the Domers did, stopping
most of the Belldozers. Seems to me that the Belldozer, as originally
presented, wasn't in the game. So to call for its elimination from the
playbook wouldn't be the ideal....

BoulderSooner79
9/29/2013, 11:26 AM
Definitely not the Belldozer formation. It was just a plain QB run with the O-line trying to use brute force. It didn't work as the ND D-line brute force > the OU O-line brute force. Our run game was effective when we had a trap block or kick-out block or some misdirection to try to create a lane. Just trying to push them back was a phail. Part of the learning process for this team which is a work in progress (in a great way).