PDA

View Full Version : 3rd and Bell needs to go away!

DrZaius
9/28/2013, 06:35 PM
I love having him in there but crap. That 3rd and short with him is dumb. They need to burn that page out of the book with a blow torch.

Other than that BB did well today considering it was his first road test.

BOOOOOMER
SOOOOONER!

SanJoaquinSooner
9/28/2013, 06:38 PM
everyone did great. even Trevor Knight had the longest run from scrimmage for the Sooners (30 yards).

TrophyCollector
9/28/2013, 06:46 PM
everyone did great. even Trevor Knight had the longest run from scrimmage for the Sooners (30 yards).

Unsung hero. He came in and got us points in a critical situation.

SoCalBigRed
9/28/2013, 06:48 PM
I hate 3rd downs.

olevetonahill
9/28/2013, 06:49 PM
I love having him in there but crap. That 3rd and short with him is dumb. They need to burn that page out of the book with a blow torch.

BOOOOOMER
SOOOOONER!

Dumas, They were skeered of thos 3 big boys ND had right in the Middle . Had our front 3 Beat by 60 er 70 lbs

SanJoaquinSooner
9/28/2013, 06:52 PM
BERRY TRAMEL, Columnist

* Notre Dame 20, OU 18: Fool me nine times, shame on you. Fool me 10 times...

Shame on Berry.

agoo758
9/28/2013, 07:04 PM
Poor play calling on third and short with a few exceptions. It blew my mind out it took four quarters for us to figure out that qb draws and handoffs out of the pistol were not working.

OUmillenium
9/28/2013, 07:05 PM
The Bell Dozer is fine. ND might be the only team that can consistently stop it on the schedule this year. But you are setting them up for a big play if they concentrate on stopping it. Gotta run certain vanilla plays to make other things work. The upside is that if the D doesn't execute REALLY WELL, the BellDozer works without a handoff or pass risking a turnover.

dennis580
9/28/2013, 07:07 PM

BOOOOOMER
SOOOOONER!

Thats about the dumbest thing I have heard. Bell gives us a FAR better chance of making 3rd, and short then any RB does. The problem is they needed to run Bell up the middle on 3rd, and short not outside.

To say we need to give rid of bell on 3rd, and short is the dumbest thing i have ever heard from a Sooner fan.

SoonerMarkVA
9/28/2013, 07:24 PM
Thats about the dumbest thing I have heard. Bell gives us a FAR better chance of making 3rd, and short then any RB does. The problem is they needed to run Bell up the middle on 3rd, and short not outside.

To say we need to give rid of bell on 3rd, and short is the dumbest thing i have ever heard from a Sooner fan.

+1. That and they needed to sell out with the actual Belldozer, everyone in tight, behind Millard and Rip. The 3-wide out, Millard-only QB run just doesn't have the push.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/28/2013, 07:30 PM
They need Bell to be going forward and not laterally. Do that and it won't be stopped.

okiewaker
9/28/2013, 07:30 PM
The Bell Dozer is fine. ND might be the only team that can consistently stop it on the schedule this year. But you are setting them up for a big play if they concentrate on stopping it. Gotta run certain vanilla plays to make other things work. The upside is that if the D doesn't execute REALLY WELL, the BellDozer works without a handoff or pass risking a turnover.

Good point. Is ND Defense best we gone see all year?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/28/2013, 07:35 PM
Bell gives us a FAR better chance of making 3rd, and short then any RB does. The problem is they needed to run Bell up the middle on 3rd, and short not outside.

this.

olevetonahill
9/28/2013, 07:41 PM

+1. That and they needed to sell out with the actual Belldozer, everyone in tight, behind Millard and Rip. The 3-wide out, Millard-only QB run just doesn't have the push.

Bell and Th O (Josh) were a skeered of those 3 Big guys ND had as Nose Tackle and Guards In front , The Were sure they needed to Go round em !

aurorasooner
9/28/2013, 08:13 PM
I haven't watched the DVR back but I think we ran a planned QB draw (or planned QB run play) the play following Bell's injury. Kind of head scratcher but I don't know if it was called from the booth or was an audible.
We thought we were going to be screwed when we saw that 1/2 of the Austin Mafia was the head ref of this crew. If Notre Dame fans have any beotches about the refs, they can post it on the whorn boards. lmao. I guess Christal is back in the good graces of our athletic dept, but as far as I'm concerned, it's too soon whenever I see him officiating one of the Sooner games.

badger
9/28/2013, 08:28 PM
It's too bad they only allow eleven out there. Kendall needs to get on the field somehow.... But will he?

nighttrain12
9/28/2013, 11:40 PM
Shame on Berry.

'TR(ansexual) Male' has no shame.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/29/2013, 12:39 AM
Bell and Th O (Josh) were a skeered of those 3 Big guys ND had as Nose Tackle and Guards In front , The Were sure they needed to Go round em !

Bull---Sh!t. There was room. The big boys+Millard+Rip+Bell and a push can get 1 ****ing yard. Those ****** that are coming up starts with an F.

olevetonahill
9/29/2013, 06:19 AM

Bull---Sh!t. There was room. The big boys+Millard+Rip+Bell and a push can get 1 ****ing yard. Those ****** that are coming up starts with an F.

Right back atcha. Just saying WHY they didnt take it up the gut.

DrZaius
9/29/2013, 06:34 AM
Bell just needs to throw or something else. His stumbling for no gain is getting tiresome to watch. Now on the other downs he runs great but for whatever reason on third and short he just craps his pants. Nothing new, he has been doing it since last season.

cherokeebrewer
9/29/2013, 08:12 AM

I dunno man, that's some mild stuff compared to what I've heard.