PDA

View Full Version : Metallica: Through the Never

TheUnnamedSooner
9/26/2013, 10:15 PM
Anyone planning on seeing this? Kirk is going to be at the Northpark IMAX tomorrow night. Reviews are pretty good. I think rotten tomatoes gave it 95%..

Boomer.....
9/27/2013, 08:32 AM
Seems like an odd concept. Part movie, part concert. I'll probably wait for the DVD.

8timechamps
10/1/2013, 08:54 PM
Anyone seen it?

I'll definitely check it out on DVD, and I'm sure the sound at an IMAX showing would be great, but it does seem a bit odd.

sooneron
10/2/2013, 08:22 AM
I know a couple of people that saw it with the band present and they loved it. Of course, they're huge Selloutica fans, so there is that...

TheUnnamedSooner
10/2/2013, 04:53 PM
I did see it. I'm a fan as well, but I tried to be objective. The sound and effects were really good. The concert part was fantastic, they did a lot of stage props to tribute past albums and shows. The story itself wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. Basically it's a roadie that has to go get something for the band during the show and runs into a riot among other things. It's basically a concert movie with the side story. It's cool as in it's something original, and the 3-d was pretty amazing and not overdone.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/30/2013, 01:56 PM
Looks like this movie bombed, only earning $3-4 million with a budget of $18 mil. Kinda sucks because it's a good flick and the band bankrolled it themselves. It was only in IMAX for a week because of Gravity, and I'm assuming a lot of people thought it was strictly an IMAX movie.

DrZaius
11/4/2013, 08:39 PM
Looks like this movie bombed, only earning $3-4 million with a budget of $18 mil. Kinda sucks because it's a good flick and the band bankrolled it themselves. It was only in IMAX for a week because of Gravity, and I'm assuming a lot of people thought it was strictly an IMAX movie.

It also had a very limited release which is why the BO numbers are low. It is actually closer to 7mil worldwide. Movies like this have a very small group it appeals to unlike regular movies. They will probably kill on the BLUray release. I though it was fantastic, but I am a huge fan.

sooneron
11/5/2013, 09:54 AM
I'm still not sure that an Imax screen can contain Lars' ego.

8timechamps
11/5/2013, 05:22 PM

I'm one of the target viewers that didn't see it, but will absolutely purchase it on BLUray.

I'll probably regret not participating in the IMAX experience for this, if only for the sound quality.