9/26/2013, 07:27 PM
Let's see something tonight.
NFL Network
Now

aurorasooner
9/26/2013, 07:52 PM
Let's see something tonight.
NFL Network
Now Rams 3 49er zip, barely, FG kick hit the upright and bounced thru.
I can't believe Sammy B. missed that wide-open TD pass. I don't know if the pass was off or the route was off, but the receiver was wide open.

CatfishSooner
9/26/2013, 07:57 PM
i think the receiver f'd up

aurorasooner
9/26/2013, 08:02 PM
Rams are sort of like us last year. Can't run it for s&^t. S. Jackson was a beast for them last year.
Way too many commercials on NFL Thurs night games. Luckily there's an ESPiN college game to flip to.

sooneron
9/26/2013, 09:21 PM
S. Jackson was a beast for them last year.

Srsly? His 4.1 ypc counts as beast territory? Their line can't run block for ****, I think their pass protection is average - at best.
Their D is suspect in the middle & the secondary. This Finnegan guy :succs:
The positive is that they have a serviceable WR corps for the first time since Sam has been there.
Oh yeah, their special teams may be a weaker link than their running game.
Shottenheimer :succs: too! I sorta knew that going in, living in NJ.

JLEW1818
9/26/2013, 09:29 PM
Rams are a ****ing joke

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/26/2013, 09:59 PM
I feel terrible for Sam. In 5 years, he's had **** for help around him. His o line is always terrible, never has consistent receivers, and he's gotta be frustrated as hell

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/26/2013, 10:02 PM
Jesus this is hard to watch. I'm not a rams fan by any means, but I hate seeing Bradford get handled every ****ing play. Every play he is under pressure or hit. His coaches suck

sooneron
9/26/2013, 10:08 PM
I want to throw something at the screen every time the PBP crew says they need to stretch it out. Kinda hard with a 49er defender convention in the backfield <3.5 sec after every snap!

OUster
9/26/2013, 10:09 PM
I can't watch this game! Sam can't get any help..drops, injuries, confused running back...Sam's talent appears wasted with the Rams. Sam, like AD, regardless of the suckage around him, appears to do something awesome all on his own.

sooneron
9/26/2013, 10:14 PM
I can't watch this game! Sam can't get any help..drops, injuries, confused running back...Sam's talent appears wasted with the Rams. Sam, like AD, regardless of the suckage around him, appears to do something awesome all on his own.

Meh, he has not had a good game on his own merits tonight. He's off. Not hitting guys in stride and locking on when he thinks he has a hot read. He still doesn't have an elite receiver or a running game and with a pocket passer, that is a death knell...

EatLeadCommie
9/26/2013, 10:18 PM
Yeah this game is brutal. Sam has not played well, but it's kind of hard to when you have no time, no running game, and are constantly at 2nd and 3rd and long. And again, he has no help. A lot of optimism surrounded the young receivers this year, but givens is the only one worth a damn

EatLeadCommie
9/26/2013, 10:22 PM
And there's the fumble. Ugh

swardboy
9/26/2013, 10:27 PM
Sam obviously needs tatoos.

Seriously though, he has the lowest release I've ever seen. On one slow motion playback the ball was lower than his helmet at release.

And I'm starting to see why the Jets said adios to Schottenheimer.

OUSKINS
9/26/2013, 10:33 PM
It's on Sam too people. Many NFL experts consider the Colts OL to be the worst in the NFL. To that point, no QB got hit more than Andrew Luck last year....AND they couldn't run the ball. AND the team was 1-15 the year before he arrived. But he finds a way.

Sam was awful tonight. No, he doesn't have much help, that is certainly true. But after five years, at some point you stop pointing fingers and wonder if maybe he's part of the problem too.

soonerloyal
9/26/2013, 10:50 PM
I love Sammy, but this is the second game in what, a week that he's just played badly. It's not like him at all. Bless his heart, he does need dependable talent to play alongside. But his play hasn't been what it usually is. Poor Sam. He'll snap out of it, I'm sure.

P.S. Even on his bad days, he's miles above Tebow. HA-haw.

EatLeadCommie
9/26/2013, 10:51 PM
Andrew luck can also extend plays with his feet. Sam can't. I think Sam was just all kinds of jacked up tonight and hungover from the cowboys game. Playing poorly is out of character for him, regardless of the supporting cast. Schottenheimer is riding his dad's coat tails too. Dude is about the most vanilla play caller in the league

sooneron
9/26/2013, 10:52 PM
It's on Sam too people. Many NFL experts consider the Colts OL to be the worst in the NFL. To that point, no QB got hit more than Andrew Luck last year....AND they couldn't run the ball. AND the team was 1-15 the year before he arrived. But he finds a way.

Sam was awful tonight. No, he doesn't have much help, that is certainly true. But after five years, at some point you stop pointing fingers and wonder if maybe he's part of the problem too.

He's having a bad game, but in those 5 years, he's on his 3rd OC. Or is this his 4th? Also, I seem to remember the Rams being 2-14 the year before Sam and they were a game shy of the playoffs with him winning the Off. ROY award.

Therealsouthsider
9/26/2013, 10:54 PM
...Rams o-line sux, they have zero imagination on offense

ss

aurorasooner
9/26/2013, 11:06 PM
I would've liked for the situation to have been reversed at the end of the 1st half with the free FG kick from 71 yds. I think the Rams kicker might have made it, though it probably wouldn't made much of a difference.
Does college have that same rule as the pros?

SoonerStormchaser
9/27/2013, 01:58 AM
Worse...Rams O-line protecting Sam, or Vikes O-line blocking for AD?

Discuss.

sooneron
9/27/2013, 08:58 AM
AD didn't get 2K on his own. Yeah, he is a beast and got a lot after contact, but there is NO WAY he would get 1500 with this Ram's OL. That said, that Richardson kid :succs:! Maybe they thought they were getting the Richardson from bama...

sooneron
9/27/2013, 09:19 AM
Current NFL WRs I would rank ahead of the Ram's WRs
In no order...
AJ Green
Julio Jones
Dez Bryant
Miles Austin
Anquan Boldin
Victor Cruz
Desean Jackson
Hakeem Nicks
Calvin Johnson
Mike Williams
Stevie Johnson
Mike Wallace
Danny Amendola (Wasn't he a Ram at one time?)
Santonio Holmes
Torrie Smith
Brandon Stokely
Jericho Cotchery
Antonio Brown
Andre Johnson
Nate Washington
Wes Welker
Eric Decker
Larry Fitzgerald
Jimmy Graham
Pierre Garcon
Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Demaryius Thomas

meh, I'm tired

Tear Down This Wall
9/27/2013, 09:35 AM
The Rams are embarrassing.

They got fooled into taking both of West Virginia's overrated wide receivers in the 2013 draft. Both are horribly undersized. In essence, they drafted two slot receivers. And, they both suck.

Here, again, is why you have to be realistic as an NFL GM. It doesn't matter what kind of statistics a kid has in college. It doesn't matter what his "measurables" are.

The reality of these two "receivers" from West Virginia is that they are too small to be leading receivers. They play special teams on any other team in the league...if they could make the roster of any other NFL team in the league.

The Rams at running back...it's not even worth discussing. Worse, by far, than what passes for their "receiving corp."

The person responsible for personnel in the St. Louis football Ram organization needs to fired yesterday, if not sooner.