PDA

View Full Version : Rudy........

SoonerDomiNation
9/24/2013, 12:32 PM
Is getting his arse kicked Saturday.....

badger
9/24/2013, 12:45 PM
If you're not looking to be a gracious visitor but rather a smarky guest, bring up Rudy repeatedly and often. I don't think Notre Dame likes him as much as that feel-good movie would suggest (http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/notre-dame-movie-icon-rudy-seems-to-be-latest-college-football-fraud-122011).

Scott D
9/24/2013, 12:55 PM
Nobody likes him as much as the movie suggested, not even his teammates.

KantoSooner
9/24/2013, 01:22 PM
and, if you want to go beyond snarky right on over to provoking a 'situation', start asking questions about where the 'gray line' is between 'priiestly misconduct' and 'child rape' and then go on to wonder aloud whether it might not be a good idea to jail all priests immediately and indefinitely out of an abundance of caution.

I had a alot of fun with this line of thougth when a bar was invaded by a boatload of Boston College folks a year or two back.

badger
9/24/2013, 01:35 PM
I dunno man... that crosses the line methinks, kind of joking about how much fun it would be to video tape football practice from the top of an unsafe tower.

Considering that it's Notre Dame, you have plenty of "approved" mockery to choose from:

- Fake girlfiends
- Charlie Weis 10-year contract
- Rudy
- Not winning BCS bowls in forever (let alone national titles)

cherokeebrewer
9/24/2013, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty sure Rudy got caught with some financial fraud or somethin' and messed up his role model status.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/24/2013, 01:44 PM
That movie sucked. It made me dislike Notre Dame even more.

KantoSooner
9/24/2013, 02:14 PM
[QUOTE=badger;3996158]I dunno man... that crosses the line methinks,QUOTE]

That's the whole point.

badger
9/24/2013, 02:32 PM
That's the whole point.

:D

Pricetag
9/24/2013, 04:58 PM
Please tell me D-Bob was a real person.

BigJerm7
9/24/2013, 05:23 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Z6HmViPTCs0/TKUuH_upF7I/AAAAAAAAAy0/PKocKYuDCkI/s1600/rudy-offsides.jpg

mainline13
9/24/2013, 06:18 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Z6HmViPTCs0/TKUuH_upF7I/AAAAAAAAAy0/PKocKYuDCkI/s1600/rudy-offsides.jpg

Yeah, but the line judge was Irish.

picasso
9/24/2013, 07:44 PM
Guys, remember the story in last year's Oklahoman?
Coach Merv is the one helped out and coached Rudy.
They are still pretty close.

OKLA21FAN
9/25/2013, 01:11 AM
Rudy was 'over the limit' for NCAA rules for home game 'dress outs'! SI is investigating for NCAA violations. He also received preferential treatment by having a 'university staff member' give him free access to lodging for two seasons. just sayin!

Jason White's Third Knee
9/25/2013, 01:28 AM
The movie Rudy gave us the most memorable "Slow clap" of all time. Remember the Titans was more ridiculous than Rudy and that is saying a lot. As I am going to the game as a Sooner Fan and a goodwill ambassador, I will stand by my opinion and remind the Irish that there is a worse football movie than Rudy. Several, actually. But I HATE Remember the Titans.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/25/2013, 02:28 AM
If you're not looking to be a gracious visitor but rather a smarky guest, bring up Rudy repeatedly and often. I don't think Notre Dame likes him as much as that feel-good movie would suggest (http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/notre-dame-movie-icon-rudy-seems-to-be-latest-college-football-fraud-122011).Good advice, indeed. Good on you!

9/25/2013, 02:38 AM
and, if you want to go beyond snarky right on over to provoking a 'situation', start asking questions about where the 'gray line' is between 'priiestly misconduct' and 'child rape' and then go on to wonder aloud whether it might not be a good idea to jail all priests immediately and indefinitely out of an abundance of caution.

I had a alot of fun with this line of thougth when a bar was invaded by a boatload of Boston College folks a year or two back.yeah, maybe not. To me, it really has little to do with religion. It's about them having such media love, including their own tv network, showing all their home games. In addition, the sneaky, hypocritically unethical behavior of their team back when they ended our 47 game win streak. (if you haven't read "The undefeated", it's discussed there)

Ah, the hell with it. just kick their asses. Beat the mofos by 60 or so.

badger
9/25/2013, 08:28 AM
Good advice, indeed. Good on you!

In fact, just start a "Rudy" chant. Anytime they try to bring up that they ended the 47-game winning streak, who has the head-to-head scoreboard in games, heismans, fake national titles and claimed national titles, just start the chant.

And then if you REALLY want to freak them out, lift them on your shoulders and carry them out of the stadium. :D

Jason White's Third Knee
9/25/2013, 08:39 AM
Good advice, indeed. Good on you!

In fact, just start a "Rudy" chant. Anytime they try to bring up that they ended the 47-game winning streak, who has the head-to-head scoreboard in games, heismans, fake national titles and claimed national titles, just start the chant.

And then if you REALLY want to freak them out, lift them on your shoulders and carry them out of the stadium. :D

Slow clap!!!!!

picasso
9/25/2013, 08:52 AM
I actually liked the movie.
You know who else liked it? The King, Barry Switzer.
Some of you have bigger hard-ons for ND than Rudy.

badger
9/25/2013, 10:37 AM
So picasso... has Max donated you to OU yet so that we can get our marching band back? :P

seriously though, let's just beat ND and then go back to hating texas

Jason White's Third Knee
9/25/2013, 11:19 AM
I actually liked the movie.
You know who else liked it? The King, Barry Switzer.
Some of you have bigger hard-ons for ND than Rudy.

I liked the movie when it came out, but it was VERY cheesy. Now, I can't bare to watch it. It makes me lose my ND hard-on.

Scott D
9/25/2013, 11:57 AM
I loved the mockery they made of the movie on The Herd last week.

picasso
9/25/2013, 01:01 PM
Leave the little Hobbit alone!

Jason White's Third Knee
9/25/2013, 02:14 PM
How many times did it look like Sam and Frodo were going to make out? Seriously???

9/25/2013, 05:48 PM
...let's just beat ND and then go back to hating texasI LIKE tx (with Mack at the helm). If norte dome isn't on our future schedule of games, I'll turn my angst to orange aggy, and try to will them out of existence.

DrZaius
9/25/2013, 07:09 PM
Was still in Hobbiton and could not have made that start....

picasso
9/25/2013, 07:30 PM
How many times did it look like Sam and Frodo were going to make out? Seriously???

That last look Frodo gave the gang was priceless!
You know you cried.

Blue
9/25/2013, 09:16 PM
Im PLAY DEFENSIVE LINE FOR PERDUE!!! Deerp!

Love that movie.