PDA

View Full Version : whorns leading tackler out for season

SoonerInFortSmith
9/23/2013, 11:54 AM
LB Jordan Hicks injured his achilles Saturday against K St. He is reportedly out for the season.

Scott D
9/23/2013, 03:20 PM
I feel bad for the kid. Second straight season he's suffered a season ending injury in the first third of the year. If I remember correctly the talk was that he was considered the heart and soul of their defense. (now let the lack of heart and soul jokes commence)

8timechamps
9/23/2013, 03:25 PM
Seems like he was the best player they had on defense (I know, I know!). Didn't he miss last year's RRR game with injury? Seems like I remember the announcers talking a lot about his absence and how it could be a different game if he were playing (I think that was an attempt to keep some Texas viewers).

Scott D
9/23/2013, 03:33 PM
He got injured last year against Ole Miss and missed 10 games with a hip injury.

budbarrybob
9/23/2013, 05:50 PM
Sucks for him. I hope we score 100+

King Barry's Back
9/23/2013, 06:16 PM
Counter-productive for us. Just makes it that much harder for Mack to meet the minimum win threshold to stay another year.

MyT Oklahoma
9/23/2013, 08:27 PM
I feel bad for the kid. Second straight season he's suffered a season ending injury in the first third of the year. If I remember correctly the talk was that he was considered the heart and soul of their defense. (now let the lack of heart and soul jokes commence)

I agree 100%, however, I still hope that we hang 50 on them.

Soonerfossil
9/23/2013, 08:34 PM
I feel bad for the kid, Whorn or not. The last thing Texas needed was another starter lost. I know most of the posters here have been of the attitude that the RRR is a done deal, nothing left but to jot in the final score and OU wins this one going away. Not so fast my friend!! Do not forget that when this game comes along, records mean nothing most of the time. I sense danger and I am cautiously optimistic but not ready to go all in yet. Beware!!!

SoonerObsession
9/23/2013, 09:34 PM
I feel bad for the kid, Whorn or not. The last thing Texas needed was another starter lost. I know most of the posters here have been of the attitude that the RRR is a done deal, nothing left but to jot in the final score and OU wins this one going away. Not so fast my friend!! Do not forget that when this game comes along, records mean nothing most of the time. I sense danger and I am cautiously optimistic but not ready to go all in yet. Beware!!!

Exactly!

Salt City Sooner
9/23/2013, 11:52 PM
Records may not, but rankings do, at least in the Stoops v. Mack era. The only time in that period that the consensus higher ranked team lost that matchup was 2008.

vtsooner21
9/24/2013, 07:00 AM
The RRR Game will begin with the score of 0-0...The Sooners will still need to go about their business and prove (once again) that they are the better team. Complacency is for shocked losers.

BOOMER

hawaii 5-0
9/24/2013, 09:54 AM
I feel bad for the kid.

He had the most tackles? 4 ??

5-0