PDA

View Full Version : Mack sold out Ash

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2013, 09:24 PM
Ash missing a game due to concussion, gets cleared to play at the last moment, and then gets dinged again in the 1st half. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but I'm skeptical Ash should have been cleared to play. Mack may have risked a young mans long term health to save his own azz.

aurorasooner
9/21/2013, 09:31 PM
Ash missing a game due to concussion, gets cleared to play at the last moment, and then gets dinged again in the 1st half. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but I'm skeptical Ash should have been cleared to play. Mack may have risked a young mans long term health to save his own azz. Ash's obviously got the 'jelly brain'. It'll be interesting to see if Mack plays him the Thurs night a week before the RRR against I-State. Even if he does, I'd be surprised if he runs much against the clones or us. One more good hit and he's in a nursing home.

Therealsouthsider
9/21/2013, 10:14 PM
...Mack has a date with destiny in the Cotton Bowl, his demise will be glorious...his players are only collateral damage along his path of destruction

ss

Statalyzer
9/21/2013, 10:20 PM
He passed all the tests and all the concussion criteria and showed no signs of having trouble. Yes all that can be true of a player and they can still be susceptible, but there's no way to determine if that is the case in an individual instance. Just want to ban all players playing a week after a concussion regardless? That's the only way to stop something like this.

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2013, 10:28 PM
I just said I'm skeptical. Team doctors are humans and I'm sure they feel pressure from coaches and many of these tests are subjective. And of course, players are going to say their fine and so you can't listen to them. It didn't hurt them because they are player better under McCoy and they may have gone by the book on Ash, but I'm still a doubter.

OkieThunderLion
9/21/2013, 11:04 PM
Nah. Same could have been said about Stoops/Bradford. Mack's a lot of things but I can't see him jeopardizing a kid's health. Nor could I Stoops.

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2013, 11:12 PM
And I definitely worried about Bradford that whole game. But Ash is duel threat and was running a bunch tonight.

OUmillenium
9/21/2013, 11:14 PM
Concussions are so outside the lines of medical diagnosis. Gotta ere on the side of safety as a coach because as soon as you dont, bam a player is really messed up.

ashley
9/22/2013, 06:33 AM
I just said I'm skeptical. Team doctors are humans and I'm sure they feel pressure from coaches and many of these tests are subjective. And of course, players are going to say their fine and so you can't listen to them. It didn't hurt them because they are player better under McCoy and they may have gone by the book on Ash, but I'm still a doubter.

Every player takes a pre test before the season. Then after the injury until they pass it. This is just part of the process. Coaches don't pressure doctors.

cherokeebrewer
9/22/2013, 09:50 AM
I wondered about this when Mack announced Ash would start the game, even told my wife it seemed like a desperation move and doubted he would finish the game because of the tendency to run with it. But, no matter what we think of Mack, I refuse to believe he would intentionally risk a players longtime health just to win a game...

Edmond Sooner
9/22/2013, 12:42 PM
I don't know whether he should have been cleared or not, but the parts of that game I watched the Texas QB really took some hits - one in particular when he wouldn't slide while trying to get a first down.

Regardless of what one thinks about Mack or the Whorns (and I don't think much), I believe that all this outside criticism of their coach might have fired some of their players up, gave them some extra motivation to compete.

badger
9/22/2013, 01:10 PM
I would be the first to admit that texas sucks, but I really don't see this as one of those situations.

He had a week off and the doctors had to clear ash for him to play.

Really, does it matter who horn qb is at this point? They lose with ash, they lose with case. Hell, starting to wonder if they'd lose with Vince or colt too

8timechamps
9/22/2013, 03:17 PM
Add me to the camp that thinks Ash was "cleared" too soon.

Maybe he legitimately passed all of the tests, and was really cleared, but the circumstances seem fishy to say the least.

This was a "must win" for Mack, and against a team he hadn't beaten in a decade. Who do you want at QB; David Ash, or the walking jellyfish?

Nonetheless, I suspect it'll be a while before Ash sees the field again, if ever. Two concussions in such a short period of time, surely someone is advising him that football may not be in his best interest.

Soonerfan88
9/22/2013, 03:41 PM
Supposedly, Ash wasn't at last week's game because the noise and lights would be too much for him a week after sustaining the concussion yet he was cleared to practice on Wednesday(?) and then didn't just start but Applewhite called multiple QB runs where he has a much higher potential of getting concussed again.

Yep, call me skeptical.

olevetonahill
9/22/2013, 03:46 PM
Herb and Mushface both talked about Ash in the 1st 1/4 said Mack told them If Ash went down and Colt dint play worth a **** He would put in their 3rd stringer(Dint hear the kids name) To hell with a Red shirt He HAD to win that game.
That tells me Ole Yeller would have done what ever it takes fer a W.

cherokeebrewer
9/22/2013, 04:07 PM

If that's the case, he should have been fired first thing this morning...

8timechamps
9/22/2013, 04:25 PM
Herb and Mushface both talked about Ash in the 1st 1/4 said Mack told them If Ash went down and Colt dint play worth a **** He would put in their 3rd stringer(Dint hear the kids name) To hell with a Red shirt He HAD to win that game.

Tyrone Swoopes

That's the third string. He's a kid we were recruiting pretty hard. I'd just as soon he sit on the bench for a while.

olevetonahill
9/22/2013, 04:27 PM
Tyrone Swoopes

That's the third string. He's a kid we were recruiting pretty hard. I'd just as soon he sit on the bench for a while.

My Point is Ole Yeller was gonna Put him in and Burn the shirt for a W if he had to.
So Yea Ima think he Put Ash back in to soon.

KantoSooner
9/23/2013, 08:56 AM
Has anyone else noticed that Case McCoy looks like someone gathered up all the leftover genetic material in the McCoy household, put it in a Bass-o-Matic and Voila!, Case McCoy?

it's like he's lop sided. Something not right with that boy.

Sooners78
9/23/2013, 09:13 AM
Has anyone else noticed that Case McCoy looks like someone gathered up all the leftover genetic material in the McCoy household, put it in a Bass-o-Matic and Voila!, Case McCoy?

it's like he's lop sided. Something not right with that boy.

I heard it's some condition he had in childhood.

KantoSooner
9/23/2013, 09:18 AM
I only hope they don't have another one, chained in the corner of the basement, choking down his gruel and squealing whenever the stairway door cracks open and light pierces his little world.

badger
9/23/2013, 09:20 AM

I remember when they used to go full-on Aggie when people made fun of how he looked. However, now that everyone is certain that he isn't as talented as his older brother, they join in the mockery. I think the nickname on shaggy is "Derp"

70sooner
9/23/2013, 11:47 AM
looks like the boys at SB didn't like it a lot, either....

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/136010-quot-If-it-s-all-about-the-kids-why-did-you-play-Ash-so-soon-quot

Salt City Sooner
9/23/2013, 02:27 PM
Scleroderma.

Scott D
9/23/2013, 03:23 PM

being a McCoy ;)

cherokeebrewer
9/23/2013, 04:25 PM
looks like the boys at SB didn't like it a lot, either....

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/136010-quot-If-it-s-all-about-the-kids-why-did-you-play-Ash-so-soon-quot

The hate is strong in this one...

KantoSooner
9/23/2013, 04:51 PM
Scleroderma.

As a fancier of bizarre maladies, I'm intrigued. What is this 'Old Skin'? Is this correlated with saggy *** disease? They would both potentially feed into 'slow white boy' syndrome.

70sooner
9/23/2013, 05:27 PM
Scleroderma can effect you in different ways. It can be a skin disease, or it can be a skin and organ disease. My daughter has the type that is a skin disease, only, thank goodness. The type that effects the organs is much worse and can lead to death.