PDA

View Full Version : My confidence took a little hit today.

8timechamps
9/21/2013, 08:29 PM
Something about watching WVU get humiliated and Baylor clown stomping ULM kinda brought me back down to earth about our 3-0 record.

I was sort of expecting the Baylor win (although I though it would be more like 49-21), but the WVU caught me by surprise. Not because I thought WVU was very good, but I thought their defense was at least going to show up this year.

Offensively, I'm not too worried. We have a ton of play-makers, and Bell looked very solid in his one start.

Defensively, I feel like I'm back to pre-season. Are we really that good? Or have we look good because we've played scrubs?

Of course not having a Sooner game today doesn't help.

fadada1
9/21/2013, 08:37 PM
didn't even realize maryland still played tackle football - thought they may have made it club level two-hand touch.

5noubus
9/21/2013, 08:45 PM
Something about watching WVU get humiliated and Baylor clown stomping ULM kinda brought me back down to earth about our 3-0 record.

I was sort of expecting the Baylor win (although I though it would be more like 49-21), but the WVU caught me by surprise. Not because I thought WVU was very good, but I thought their defense was at least going to show up this year.

Offensively, I'm not too worried. We have a ton of play-makers, and Bell looked very solid in his one start.

Defensively, I feel like I'm back to pre-season. Are we really that good? Or have we look good because we've played scrubs?

Completely agree with this.
I'm wondering about our O line- we haven't been tested.

olevetonahill
9/21/2013, 08:51 PM
Dint WVU start a different QB than played us?

Too many variables involved from week to week . I aint Skeered Atall. remember I predicted an Undefeated season and we on track so far.

OkieThunderLion
9/21/2013, 08:52 PM

Too many variables involved from week to week . I aint Skeered Atall. remember I predicted an Undefeated season and we on track so far.
He was benched right afterwards for sucking.

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2013, 08:57 PM
I'm not surprised about ULM or WVU - those are 2 weak teams. It shows just how shakey our offense was trying to run read option with TK. If we were still trying to do that, I'd feel pretty confident that ND would take us. Tulsa was the best we have played, and they are not that strong. But it did show our D has not returned to 2001-2003 levels. Did anyone expect that? ND was exactly what I expected today and we should have a very good idea of what they bring. It's OU that is the big question mark with Bell starting only his 2nd game and 1st road game on the big stage. I don't see our D being as good as MSU, but I feel very good that Bell will be far superior to the MSU QB.

aurorasooner
9/21/2013, 08:59 PM

Of course not having a Sooner game today doesn't help.Hopefully our coaches and players have that same confidence shock. Maybe we'll play to win and not play to lose next week.
I really would like to see something like a reverse from J. Saunders to Finch on a punt or KO return, but we'd probably just screw it up, or run it against some gopher team when we're up by 6 or 7 TDs.

Therealsouthsider
9/21/2013, 08:59 PM
...OU is still very much a work in progress but we have some very impressive and intriguing parts...our ceiling is very high, we just have to avoid submarining ourselves while we develop...if that's cause for your nervousness I'm with you

ss

olevetonahill
9/21/2013, 09:19 PM
He was benched right afterwards for sucking.

So they went with More suck?

thecrimsoncrusader
9/21/2013, 09:58 PM
WVU had 6 turnovers against Maryland. That's the only story to know in that game. Baylor gave up more yards against LA-Monroe in the 1st half than OU did for the entire game. And that was the first game of the season for OU using a basic defensive package where Phil Bennett was using just about everything Baylor has on defense in their 3rd game of the season. Baylor is going to get a big time wake up call when Petty gets hit in the mouth for the first time all season. He's got a number of games to develop a lot of over-confidence before facing the first defense that doesn't fall in the below average category.

In other news, Alabama rushed for 66 yards against Colorado State this evening. Tulsa rushed for 215 yards against Colorado St. Tulsa also had more total yards than Alabama against Colorado St. All of this means absolutely nothing though.

And the question isn't where Oklahoma was with Trevor Knight, the question is where Oklahoma is with Blake Bell right now. That gets answered next week because even though Notre Dame isn't great on defense, they're still vastly superior to any crap the Big 12 defenses will try to field against Oklahoma this season. The outcomes of the LA-Monroe and WVU games would have been much worse for those teams with Blake Bell at the helm.

OU's defense hasn't been good because of the competition faced, it has been good because of having better personnel, faster personnel, a better scheme, using a one-gap defensive front, getting rid of some Brent Venables bad blood players and Mike Stoops having a better feel for things this year. It's real simple, Phillips requires a double-team. McFarland, Walker and McGee never did in their entire careers. That alone changes everything.

Soonerwake
9/21/2013, 10:08 PM
I like the way you think.....

ObiKaTony
9/21/2013, 10:09 PM
WVU had 6 turnovers against Maryland. That's the only story to know in that game. Baylor gave up more yards against LA-Monroe in the 1st half than OU did for the entire game. And that was the first game of the season for OU using a basic defensive package where Phil Bennett was using just about everything Baylor has on defense in their 3rd game of the season. Baylor is going to get a big time wake up call when Petty gets hit in the mouth for the first time all season. He's got a number of games to develop a lot of over-confidence before facing the first defense that doesn't fall in the below average category.

In other news, Alabama rushed for 66 yards against Colorado State this evening. Tulsa rushed for 215 yards against Colorado St. Tulsa also had more total yards than Alabama against Colorado St. All of this means absolutely nothing though.

And the question isn't where Oklahoma was with Trevor Knight, the question is where Oklahoma is with Blake Bell right now. That gets answered next week because even though Notre Dame isn't great on defense, they're still vastly superior to any crap the Big 12 defenses will try to field against Oklahoma this season. The outcomes of the LA-Monroe and WVU games would have been much worse for those teams with Blake Bell at the helm.

OU's defense hasn't been good because of the competition faced, it has been good because of having better personnel, faster personnel, a better scheme, using a one-gap defensive front, getting rid of some Brent Venables bad blood players and Mike Stoops having a better feel for things this year. It's real simple, Phillips requires a double-team. McFarland, Walker and McGee never did in their entire careers. That alone changes everything.

That's a heck of a post!

hawaii 5-0
9/21/2013, 10:12 PM
Lots of teams really racked up some points today, while holding their opponents down. Baylor was firing on all cylinders.

Guess we'll have a better idea after the Domer game, and they're not as good this year.

5-0

ObiKaTony
9/21/2013, 10:13 PM
You can't compare games with other teams in most cases. Far too many variables, and as crusader illustrated, you can play games with this all day. Ou's TEAM is vastly improved on all levels of football, how much is yet to be determined, it's only sept. once again, thank God for Mike Stoops

thecrimsoncrusader
9/21/2013, 10:16 PM
OU beat Baylor last season and Baylor smoked Kansas St. Well, that didn't really help out OU when they faced Kansas St. earlier in the season. Not once in the history of football has the transitive property worked as there are way too many variables. It's kind of like, OU only returned a few starters on defense this season, so they're bound to be worse, right? Well, it's certainly not looking that way so far. Again, way too many variables.

hawaii 5-0
9/21/2013, 10:17 PM
Michigan State was getting some good penetration today against the Papists. I hope Mikey dials up a good scheme.

Those Spartans couldn't throw a pass online and their receivers couldn't get separation or catch anything near them. All they had was power up the gut.

We should spread their defense out much better.

5-0

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/21/2013, 10:29 PM

Wow, even Shipp's problems get blamed on BV.

As for Philips getting double teamed, here is the link -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0GiD54-kHY I stopped counting after the 13 plays with no double team (1 minor chip block). The only guy I saw doubled was Tapper in the entire game.

What I have noticed is this ->

Sanchez is amazing as in best freshman corner I've seen amazing.
Gabe Lynn is playing out of his mind (and wasn't he a punching bag for the forums last year?)
The linebackers take forever to get into the groove, but after about 20 minutes they are playing pretty well.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/21/2013, 10:35 PM
Wow, even Shipp's problems get blamed on BV.

As for Philips getting double teamed, here is the link -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0GiD54-kHY I stopped counting after the 13 plays with no double team (1 minor chip block). The only guy I saw doubled was Tapper in the entire game.

What I have noticed is this ->

Sanchez is amazing as in best freshman corner I've seen amazing.
Gabe Lynn is playing out of his mind (and wasn't he a punching bag for the forums last year?)
The linebackers take forever to get into the groove, but after about 20 minutes they are playing pretty well.

You picked the Tulsa game where Mike Stoops was intentionally going with a read and react defense? Really? I shouldn't be surprised by the guy that was trying to break down the spring game as far as OU's defense having issues. Yeah, you can really learn a lot from a spring game. I told you OU's defense would be significantly better and that Phillips would run circles around McFarland, Walker and McGee. All those viewings of tape and you were still wrong.

Venables problems were tied to being hard headed about always wanting *all* of his linebackers on the field regardless of circumstance and being hard-headed about making adjustments. And that is the exact reason why Oklahoma kept having problems with Texas Tech in Lubbock. Then magically, Mike Stoops arrives and OU whips Texas Tech in Lubbock. Hm.

OkieThunderLion
9/21/2013, 10:50 PM
You picked the Tulsa game where Mike Stoops was intentionally going with a read and react defense? Really? I shouldn't be surprised by the guy that was trying to break down the spring game as far as OU's defense having issues. Yeah, you can really learn a lot from a spring game. I told you OU's defense would be significantly better and that Phillips would run circles around McFarland, Walker and McGee. All those viewings of tape and you were still wrong.

Venables problems were tied to being hard headed about always wanting *all* of his linebackers on the field regardless of circumstance and being hard-headed about making adjustments. And that is the exact reason why Oklahoma kept having problems with Texas Tech in Lubbock. Then magically, Mike Stoops arrives and OU whips Texas Tech in Lubbock. Hm.
You want to talk scheme? Xs?

Break this gem down for me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-TZjLIWm0I&list=PL9DA4023549850F07&index=10

hawaii 5-0
9/21/2013, 10:53 PM
Nice to see some speedy LBs out there that can shed a block.

Lots of times last year Tom was Wort-less. Don't get me wrong tho. He came up big lots of times too.

I feel good about this year's team.

I'm also happy about the Sooner Special Team's play. It needed addressing badly a coupla years ago.

5-0

OkieThunderLion
9/21/2013, 10:56 PM
Nice to see some speedy LBs out there that can shed a block.

I like them vs the 3 teams faced, but I have my concerned if they hold up against uncovered guards vs a physical offense.

BigTip
9/21/2013, 11:40 PM
Yes, my confidence took a little hit watching Baylor.
We are going to have to score a lot of points.

A lot.

Salt City Sooner
9/21/2013, 11:40 PM

I happened to watch this one (the 11AM game selection stunk to say the least) & although it doesn't sound like it because of the score, WVU's defense was pretty much the only thing they had that bothered to even halfway show up. Like CC said, they turned it over 6 times. Included in those were:

A pick 6
A muffed punt on their own 24 that UM cashed in
A pick on their own 6 yd. line leading to another TD

Don't know about y'all, but if you can give me a scenario where OU has to go 30 total yards to get 3 TD's, I'm thinking I'd be all for it. :)

olevetonahill
9/21/2013, 11:43 PM
Yes, my confidence took a little hit watching Baylor.
We are going to have to score a lot of points.

A lot.

Or just STOP them.

BigTip
9/22/2013, 09:05 AM
Or just STOP them.

That's the thing, I don't think we will be able to every time. Our backs seem better, but still not great. Baylor just keeps throwing it down field and it only takes one friggin' reception to score. It's like; stop stop score, stop stop score. The four stops were good, it's the two scores that's the problem.

olevetonahill
9/22/2013, 09:31 AM
That's the thing, I don't think we will be able to every time. Our backs seem better, but still not great. Baylor just keeps throwing it down field and it only takes one friggin' reception to score. It's like; stop stop score, stop stop score. The four stops were good, it's the two scores that's the problem.

So? Put pressure on their QB and slobber knock him a few times and it wont be so easy .

OU_Sooners75
9/22/2013, 11:05 AM
My confidence in this team hasn't taken a hit. Simply because this OU has plenty of upside, and cannot control what their past or future opponents do!

BoulderSooner79
9/22/2013, 11:10 AM
My confidence in this team hasn't taken a hit. Simply because this OU has plenty of upside, and cannot control what their past or future opponents do!

I hope this OU squad has a bit of control of what future opponents do when they actually play them ;)

SoCalBigRed
9/22/2013, 11:54 AM
SOS this early in the season. LMAO

The first 3 weeks of games, really mean nothing. If you think the team you play in week one, is the same team you play in week three... you're sorely mistaken, in most cases.

Trying to figure out football, by results from other games, in other areas, by other teams... then puff yourself up, our blow yourself down... is pointless.

Also, some seem to forget, if not for a couple incredibly stupid officiating calls AND an extremely green QB, we lay waste to WVU. Should have and would have been up big at half.

cherokeebrewer
9/22/2013, 12:21 PM
Comparative scores can be a slippery slope especially considering our early situation with TK. Obviously the ND game will shed more light on where we are at this stage of the game.

Edmond Sooner
9/22/2013, 12:27 PM
Mine too, but for different reasons. I missed both the WVU and Baylor games, but I did watch ND play a pretty solid Michigan State. Like you point out, not having an OU game on while all these other games are going probably has something to do with it. At least Mack got a (temporary) reprieve from instant dismissal by pulling it out against KSU.

8timechamps
9/22/2013, 03:10 PM
I think the lack of an OU game had a lot to do with it.

Still, I've seen enough "great" OU defenses over the past few years to know that I'll reserve judgement until a later date.

The ceiling is very high for this team, no question. But, I'm not assuming anything this year.

And, as I said, should be get by Notre Dame, I still think this is a two game season: @ Baylor and @ OSU.

okiewaker
9/22/2013, 03:19 PM
NOT at all worried or suffer a lack of confidence. OU always prepares well for the whorns. Baylor has supplanted uterus. OU will be prepared and ready to kick Baylor back to that sorry azz city.

Piware
9/22/2013, 05:19 PM
I watched some of all of the games yesterday and, at the end of the day, didn't feel like I learned anything about ND, KSU or Texas we didn't already know. Suckage with WV was unreal and I hadn't heard anything about Maryland since I had too many adult beverages and got lost one dark and rainy night. Found myself driving around on their campus.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/22/2013, 06:33 PM

1) We aren't better in the middle than we were last year, we are better on the edges (specifically Tapper who didn't even play in the spring game). The middle is still getting pushed back but the edges are able to close down better this year since they don't have outside responsibility.

2) Strangely enough, we have MORE linebackers on the field with Mike than we ever did with Venables.

3) I don't think we can count on Gabe Lynn coming up with all of these turnovers per game for the rest of the season. Late in the season last year, no one on this board even wanted him on the field.

4) Nelson has played well in the 2nd half of games, but not so well in the first. We are going to face some offenses this season where that is going to be way too late.

Ruf/Nek7
9/22/2013, 06:48 PM

Didn't we start a different QB than the one starting now? I agree with you here.

OU_Sooners75
9/22/2013, 06:53 PM
1) We aren't better in the middle than we were last year, we are better on the edges (specifically Tapper who didn't even play in the spring game). The middle is still getting pushed back but the edges are able to close down better this year since they don't have outside responsibility.

2) Strangely enough, we have MORE linebackers on the field with Mike than we ever did with Venables.

3) I don't think we can count on Gabe Lynn coming up with all of these turnovers per game for the rest of the season. Late in the season last year, no one on this board even wanted him on the field.

4) Nelson has played well in the 2nd half of games, but not so well in the first. We are going to face some offenses this season where that is going to be way too late.

1. We are better in the middle than last year as long as Phillips is playing. He is gaining double and triple teams from opposing OL. That frees up the middle for run support. Phillips biggest problem this year is he needs to learn to get low on double and triple teams to stop the push.

2. We are playing a different scheme this year that requires more LBs on the field. Gone is the 4-2-5.

3. You are being unfair to Gabe Lynn. He has been playing really well. And I think we can count on Lynn to continue it!

4. Nelson has played well in spurts yes. But he has had a lot of good plays in all quarters not just the 3rd and 4th quarters.

SoonerorLater
9/22/2013, 06:54 PM
I here you talking. We've beaten 3 not very good teams. WV from what I have observed is maybe a bottom 10-20 Div I team. ULM too. Tulsa is probably the best of the lot and it looks like a down year for them also. I think with Bell taking the snaps the upside that the coaching staff envisioned going into the season with TK might not materialize. That being said, I think when it comes time for kickoff Bell might could be a cool headed over achiever. I'm encouraged about our chances with ND.

OU_Sooners75
9/22/2013, 07:00 PM
I here you talking. We've beaten 3 not very good teams. WV from what I have observed is maybe a bottom 10-20 Div I team. ULM too. Tulsa is probably the best of the lot and it looks like a down year for them also. I think with Bell taking the snaps the upside that the coaching staff envisioned going into the season with TK might not materialize. That being said, I think when it comes time for kickoff Bell might could be a cool headed over achiever. I'm encouraged about our chances with ND.

ULM is probably the best team we have faced so far. Tulsa the worst.

bluedogok
9/22/2013, 07:20 PM
I don't think there are 100 teams better than WVU (125 DI-A schools this season), maybe 60 or so. I think all three are probably somewhere in the 60-80 range.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/22/2013, 09:08 PM

1. OU is significantly better in the middle thanks to Phillips than the 2010 through 2012 group was. Phillips whipped a Lombardi Award watch list candidate in the LA-Monroe game and actually required a double team in many cases in the WVU game. And sometimes he absolutely destroyed the double-teams.

2. Brent's problem was he liked his linebackers so much, that he wanted to use a linebacker at the nickelback position as well and OU got eaten alive over the middle just about every single year.

3. Gabe Lynn was moved around too much and wasn't put in a position to succeed. He's found a home now and has been playing very well. The same thing happened with Keenan Clayton where he was abysmal as a safety, but played a lot better in his closing years when they moved him to LB.

4. Can't argue there, but those teams with offenses, don't have defenses, so they have their problems as well and OU will be the best defense they have faced by far and way. Both Baylor and OSU will be in for rude awakening after having it so easy in all of the previous games. Petty hasn't been pressured much due to weak competition, but even when pressued minimally, he has shown to panic. OU will provide much more heat than he has ever seen. As far as OSU, their best threat in the run game is JW Walsh. Both Smith and Roland are a significant step down from Randle.

Tulsa's offensive line is not as good as either LA-Monroe or WVU's yet they somehow blocked OU better? I don't think so. OU was in a read and react defense this game and didn't attack and they didn't need to since OU's offense was on track. Bob Stoops will never run up the score on Tulsa and for good reason.

SoonerorLater
9/22/2013, 09:21 PM
I'll stand by my number bottom 20 even though no way to tell for sure. Time will tell as the season unfolds. WV is about as inept on offense as any team I've seen this year. 7 point win over W&M and their win over what could easily be THE worst team in Div I Georgia St. If they played tomorrow on a neutral field I take Tulsa over ULM. I guess the main point is none of these teams are very good and it's hard to take away a lot from OU's three wins over these teams.

CatfishSooner
9/22/2013, 10:41 PM
why will Stoops never run up the score on Tulsa for good reason/???

BoulderSooner79
9/22/2013, 11:27 PM

I was wondering that myself. Also wondering what it would be like if Stoops *did* run it up.

2013/09/14 Oklahoma 51 - Tulsa 20 W
2011/09/03 Oklahoma 47 - Tulsa 14 W
2009/09/19 Oklahoma 45 - Tulsa 0 W
2007/09/21 Oklahoma 62 - Tulsa 21 W
2005/09/10 Oklahoma 31 - Tulsa 15 W
2002/08/30 Oklahoma 37 - Tulsa 0 W
2001/11/03 Oklahoma 58 - Tulsa 0 W

8timechamps
9/23/2013, 03:05 PM

Good question.

Temujin
9/24/2013, 09:56 AM

I'm a little the same on defense...BUT...

The thing that I've noticed is that offenses so far aren't going nearly as up-tempo as they did against us last year. I think whatever Mike is doing to create confusion is working. We're seeing great QBs makes some great escapes, but instead of that turning into a broken play that goes for 70, it's turning into an incompletion. To me, that's a statement that we're putting the offense in uncomfortable situations, and that's at least encouraging. I don't think we're "back" on defense yet (just don't have the personnel), but I think we're WAY better off than we were last year, schematically at least.

Temujin
9/24/2013, 09:57 AM
I was wondering that myself. Also wondering what it would be like if Stoops *did* run it up.

No kidding. I remember not too long ago that scoring 40+ was considered "running it up".

Scott D
9/24/2013, 01:04 PM
8xc, if you use that as your criteria, then that means that Colorado State is every bit as scary as aTm because Bama didn't beat them by 50+ ;)

8timechamps
9/24/2013, 03:25 PM
8xc, if you use that as your criteria, then that means that Colorado State is every bit as scary as aTm because Bama didn't beat them by 50+ ;)

I know, I know. You can't rely on that method.

So, you're saying Colorado State isn't scary?!

KantoSooner
9/24/2013, 03:28 PM
compared to CU they are.

8timechamps
9/24/2013, 03:35 PM
compared to CU they are.

Sadly, they lost to the Buffs.

There are two kids on the CSU team I've known since they were little fellas (I actually know their parents, but the kids all played together). I had dinner with one of the families last night, and the young man talked about how different the two teams were (CU/Bama). He said that CU talked trash from the first play, and even when they were down, continued to smack talk. He said he never heard a single word (directed at a CSU player) from Bama (when the offense was on the field). I thought that was interesting.

And since this thread has been all over the map, I figured now was as good a time as any to throw that out there.

Soonerjeepman
9/24/2013, 03:41 PM
when you win, it's easy to not be a bully...BUT it's also a mindset. I think Stoops does the same thing.

I absolutely LOVE the fact our guys, be it def or offense...sp teams...whatever..HAND THE BALL TO THE OFFICIAL. I've even seen our D players pick it up off the ground and do that. How's that for all over the place thread~

jkjsooner
9/24/2013, 04:22 PM

There are two kids on the CSU team I've known since they were little fellas (I actually know their parents, but the kids all played together). I had dinner with one of the families last night, and the young man talked about how different the two teams were (CU/Bama). He said that CU talked trash from the first play, and even when they were down, continued to smack talk. He said he never heard a single word (directed at a CSU player) from Bama (when the offense was on the field). I thought that was interesting.

And since this thread has been all over the map, I figured now was as good a time as any to throw that out there.

That's like a UT fan saying that OU has the worst fans in the nation. Of course they see the worst side of us. I'd expect CU to do more trash talking against CSU than Bama. Why would Bama care so much?

Do you think our players talk a little more trash against OSU than they do against some random out of conference opponent?

Let those kids transfer to Auburn and see what happens.

KantoSooner
9/24/2013, 04:32 PM
8TC, you are, of course, correct. I was, however, only trying to slag the Buffaloes. It's a sort of reflexive or de rigeur thing: when the chance arises, slag Colorado football.

8timechamps
9/24/2013, 06:02 PM
That's like a UT fan saying that OU has the worst fans in the nation. Of course they see the worst side of us. I'd expect CU to do more trash talking against CSU than Bama. Why would Bama care so much?

Do you think our players talk a little more trash against OSU than they do against some random out of conference opponent?

Let those kids transfer to Auburn and see what happens.

What does a player (giving a first hand account of what he experienced) have to do with the way fans view each other? I'm not following you.

Not sure if you've ever lived here, but the CU/CSU rivalry in no way compares to any big time rivalry. There is no bitter hatred between the two teams. Maybe there once was, but that's long gone.

8timechamps
9/24/2013, 06:02 PM
8TC, you are, of course, correct. I was, however, only trying to slag the Buffaloes. It's a sort of reflexive or de rigeur thing: when the chance arises, slag Colorado football.

I got'cha my friend!

Curly Bill
9/24/2013, 09:05 PM
Some of you guys are giving Venables way too much credit! While I'm not saying he wasn't stubborn or hard-headed, his biggest problem was he was a dumas! ;)

8timechamps
9/24/2013, 09:12 PM
Some of you guys are giving Venables way too much credit! While I'm not saying he wasn't stubborn or hard-headed, his biggest problem was he was a dumas! ;)

That's Mr. Dumas!

Curly Bill
9/24/2013, 09:40 PM
That's Mr. Dumas!

Fine by me, so long as we acknowledge he was a dumas!

8timechamps
9/24/2013, 09:41 PM

You already know I can't go that far. I will, however, agree that he wasn't a defensive mastermind. That's the best I can do.

Curly Bill
9/24/2013, 09:46 PM
You already know I can't go that far. I will, however, agree that he wasn't a defensive mastermind. That's the best I can do.

And that too is fine. I got enough gratification as his tenure went on and more and more people hopped on the wagon with me in stating that OU deserved better at the DC position. Many of those wagon-hopper-oners having previously been critical of my anti-BV sentiments.

bluedogok
9/25/2013, 10:40 PM

Just in watching games on TV it seems like the further west you get the more the inane the trash talk is. Remember in the Rose Bowl game when OU was whacking Washington State and their receiver kept jawing at Lehman? Remember Lehman knocking him out soon after. It seems the left coasters can't keep their mouths shut when they should. Florida players seem to be the main ones into trash talk on the right coast.

birddog
9/26/2013, 03:59 AM
my confidence took a massive hit after watching Notre Dames O and D lines. I really don't see us coming out of there with a w. it would be so much more fun of a season if we could go at least 8 games before we suffer a loss for a for a change. it'd be nice to hear Sooner Magic and Big Game Bob being thrown around again after Saturday.

swardboy
9/26/2013, 08:00 AM

He's gittin' 'er done at Clemson. Georgia - 35 points, South Carolina St. - 13 points, North Carolina St. - 13 points. And they're 3-0 in the almight SEC.

Therealsouthsider
9/28/2013, 10:03 PM
...feel better? I know little bro doesn't :)

ss

CowboyMRW
9/28/2013, 10:14 PM
My confidence took a hit today....

MsProudSooner
9/28/2013, 10:29 PM

:highly_amused: :highly_amused: :highly_amused:

Seamus
9/28/2013, 10:36 PM
OU's football national championships: NOT RECOGNIZED BY NCAA

OsU's football national championships not recognized by anyone.

olevetonahill
9/29/2013, 06:48 AM

Heh

swardboy
9/29/2013, 07:20 AM
Most importantly our boys got a massive dose of confidence.

birddog
9/29/2013, 09:39 AM
gotta say I did my part in lulling the screw ou football gods into a false sense of security. great W

Therealsouthsider
9/29/2013, 09:44 AM
gotta say I did my part in lulling the screw ou football gods into a false sense of security. great W

....thought OU handled the Irish lines pretty well....now I just pray the coaches/players don't relax, lot of season left

ss

PhilTLL
9/29/2013, 09:47 AM

Maybe so they'll keep coming back. Pretty sure Stoops has played Tulsa more than any other OOC.

birddog
9/29/2013, 10:51 AM
....thought OU handled the Irish lines pretty well....now I just pray the coaches/players don't relax, lot of season left

ss

indeed. but I can personally relax this week. that was huge for me.