PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Games, Anyone watching Baylor/UL Monroe?

aurorasooner
9/21/2013, 03:55 PM
Baylor is stomping a mudhole in ULM. 2 minutes left in the 1st QTR, and Bayor is up 28-0. Baylor just recovered a fumble on the KO. FX-1 Correction. 35-0, 2 min left in the 1st.

cvsooner
9/21/2013, 03:58 PM
That game on Nov. 7 is the one that worries me the most at this point.

LesNessman
9/21/2013, 04:00 PM
Just tuned in. Bears TOP is about 3minutes. Crazy stuff.

EatLeadCommie
9/21/2013, 04:01 PM
Baylor is for real. I think they're Fiesta bound this year

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2013, 04:03 PM
http://cdn.ph.upi.com/sv/upi/UPI-56921338855944/2012/1/9f0778a999bfbd4a06c35fe6e546aab4/Facebook-to-allow-kids-under-13.jpg

OU_Sooners75
9/21/2013, 04:03 PM
Baylor will come back TK reality when they finally start facing some talent.

Remember OU beat ULM with a freshman making his first start 34-0.

ULM has also shot themselves in the foot. 2 4th and goals and no points. A pick 6 and a fumble on a KO.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2013, 04:07 PM

ULM has also shot themselves in the foot. 2 4th and goals and no points. A pick 6 and a fumble on a KO.
This **** from you is getting old. Exactly what is our "reality" that we're going to come "back to" and who, precisely, is going to be responsible for this? You? OSU? TCU? UT? Kansas? IMWTK

The problem is that you're stuck in the past believing Baylor of years ago is the Baylor of today. There is no comparison between then and now. We lose 2 in conference....tops....if that. I'm worried about OSU and OU and that's it....in that order.

SoonerForLife92
9/21/2013, 04:07 PM
Speaking of afternoon games, WVU is getting absolutely embarrassed at Maryland at the half. To make it worse Maryland is wearing some of the most ridiculously dumb helmets I've ever seen.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2013, 04:09 PM

Baylor is playing a first year QB, and your last statement is inconsistent with the bull**** you keep saying about our defense. We suck except we've had a defensive TD in every game this year plus two this year? Ooookay.

Therealsouthsider
9/21/2013, 04:11 PM
...Baylor has played one team this side of a highschool team...big deal

ss

LesNessman
9/21/2013, 04:12 PM
Bears with 21 pts on D.

LesNessman
9/21/2013, 04:14 PM
and 21 on O...

agoo758
9/21/2013, 04:15 PM
This **** from you is getting old. Exactly what is our "reality" that we're going to come "back to" and who, precisely, is going to be responsible for this? You? OSU? TCU? UT? Kansas? IMWTK

The problem is that you're stuck in the past believing Baylor of years ago is the Baylor of today. There is no comparison between then and now. We lose 2 in conference....tops....if that. I'm worried about OSU and OU and that's it....in that order.

Dude, just go post in a baylor board if you don't like disagreement from non-baylor board. Why do you post so much here anyway? It's pretty creepy.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2013, 04:23 PM
Dude, just go post in a baylor board if you don't like disagreement from non-baylor board. Why do you post so much here anyway? It's pretty creepy.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8hrzyDqIF1r72dsbo1_500.jpg

NorthernIowaSooner
9/21/2013, 04:25 PM

Cool story. Door is on the left if you don't like what OU people have to say about Baylor on an OU board.

LesNessman
9/21/2013, 04:25 PM
My mistake. Bears O 28, Bears D 14.

SoonerKnight
9/21/2013, 04:26 PM
Sickem Baylor is much better yes!! But if they do not control TOP and a team with half a D can put up some stops on that O then they will lose. No way do I believe that Baylor is playing great D. Baylor May finish 3rd best in 12 play.

fadada1
9/21/2013, 04:31 PM
Speaking of afternoon games, WVU is getting absolutely embarrassed at Maryland at the half. To make it worse Maryland is wearing some of the most ridiculously dumb helmets I've ever seen.
horrible - uniforms and wvu. helmets look like a pizza hut coloring contest gone horribly wrong.

big crowd on hand as well.

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2013, 04:31 PM
In retrospect, Baylor was our highest quality win last season. We caught them just as they were putting it together and they haven't lost since.

aurorasooner
9/21/2013, 04:39 PM
That game on Nov. 7 is the one that worries me the most at this point. If Heupel goes "belly-up" in the 2nd half with zero points as he did against a$m in the bowl game, then we will be 'sucking hind tit' against Baylor.
Their vertical game is damn good and that RB they have is just as good as anything we've got (imo) & all-america class.
I sure hope the whorns go OOC for a coach & don't throw "Mack Brown type money" at Briles and poach him from Baylor. It may be a good deal for him money-wise, but he doesn't seem like the kind of coach that would put up with their Big-Cigar smooching &^(% and that constant LwH/ESPiN network crap. But you never know.

okiewaker
9/21/2013, 04:40 PM
Ditto on the Maryland helmet to the above. They are definitely making a statement with those things,,don't think its a good one though. You cannot unsee them. Dayum UGLY!

OU_Sooners75
9/21/2013, 04:47 PM

Tell me, outside of the Big 12, who the **** have they played?

They riddle their schedule with scrubs and look awesome. Then turn around an fall when conference play starts.

Seen it almost every year.

Problem with you is you actually believe Baylor is what they seem against POS competition.

Reality is they get bowl eligible and will never win a conference title or be a top 10 team at the end of the year.

That said go **** yourself sickem and go to a board where your sunshine won't get clouded.

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2013, 04:53 PM
If Heupel goes "belly-up" in the 2nd half with zero points as he did against a$m in the bowl game, then we will be 'sucking hind tit' against Baylor.
Their vertical game is damn good and that RB they have is just as good as anything we've got (imo) & all-america class.
I sure hope the whorns go OOC for a coach & don't throw "Mack Brown type money" at Briles and poach him from Baylor. It may be a good deal for him money-wise, but he doesn't seem like the kind of coach that would put up with their Big-Cigar smooching &^(% and that constant LwH/ESPiN network crap. But you never know.

This. I'm not saying we'll necessarily beat OU (though I think we will), but to completely dismiss Baylor is idiotic.

OU_Sooners75
9/21/2013, 04:53 PM
I love it when sicem starts his baby tantrums and ****.

He must be out of Zima and wine coolers today!

Lmfao GTFO here if you don't like I nancy boy!

OkieThunderLion
9/21/2013, 04:55 PM
I'm growing very concerned about next week. OU has truly played 3 tomato cans thus far. Not their fault who's on schedule but playing a close game to WVU is scary, in hindsight. That team is brutal.

OU_Sooners75
9/21/2013, 04:56 PM
Hey sicem...no one has discredited Baylor at all. You're the bitch that took offense to facts.

Now go cry to someone that ****ing cares!

I mean Baylor is looking like they the **** and can't even fill their stadium....lol

Now I'm going to start the hate on Baylor! Wonder how long before SI does a series of articles about Baylor!

SicEmBaylor
9/21/2013, 04:56 PM
Tell me, outside of the Big 12, who the **** have they played?

They riddle their schedule with scrubs and look awesome. Then turn around an fall when conference play starts.

Seen it almost every year.

Problem with you is you actually believe Baylor is what they seem against POS competition.

Reality is they get bowl eligible and will never win a conference title or be a top 10 team at the end of the year.

That said go **** yourself sickem and go to a board where your sunshine won't get clouded.
First of all, Wofford was scheduled at the very last minute because SMU bought themselves out of their game with us and we were left scrambling.
Second, OU's OOC wasn't that much better than ours.
Third, there are teams ahead of us who have played similar competition to us and I sure haven't heard the same **** about them while being ranked higher than us.
Fourth, you sound butthurt that someone else in the Big XII is doing and will do what you believe OU should be doing and won't do. That's the sum of your issue.
Fifth, I'm not going anywhere.
Sixth, you're making Longhorn fans look far more football smart.

OU_Sooners75
9/21/2013, 04:57 PM
Yeah, SMU is so much better!

OUs preseason SOS was #2. Try doing some research before posting stupidity.

cvsooner
9/21/2013, 05:00 PM
WVU is not making our SOS look very good but then we couldn't have avoided playing them, either.

Maybe the Whorns will do us a favor and clobber Baylor. :-)

OU_Sooners75
9/21/2013, 05:00 PM
Sicem your making Baylor look like a hunch if idiots...oh wait!

OkieThunderLion
9/21/2013, 05:02 PM

Which further proves preseason SOS is pretty meaningless.

OU_Sooners75
9/21/2013, 05:02 PM
WVU is not making our SOS look very good but then we couldn't have avoided playing them, either.

Maybe the Whorns will do us a favor and clobber Baylor. :-)

WVU will affect our SOS the same as it will Baylors.

OU_Sooners75
9/21/2013, 05:10 PM

Which further proves preseason SOS is pretty meaningless.

Yes it is.

But when a Baylor dumb **** decides to say OUr SOS is about the same as Baylors...yeah, only a ****ing idiot will think that!

Ranking the 5 non conference opponents of OU and BAYLOR:

1. ND (OU)
2. ULM (both)
3. Tulsa (OU)
4. Buffalo (BU)
5. Wofford (BU)

Yeah let me tell you Baylor has a similar SOS....lmfao at the Baylor dip ****!

aurorasooner
9/21/2013, 05:16 PM
I'm growing very concerned about next week. OU has truly played 3 tomato cans thus far. Not their fault who's on schedule but playing a close game to WVU is scary, in hindsight. That team is brutal. I do agree we've played a bunch of "tomato cans" so far. All that build-up by the press about ULM before the opener was nothing more than selling PPV subscriptions, which that game on PPV with the other lame games broadcast on Fox was absolutely ridiculous. However when a team breaks in new QB(s), sometimes you need 2 or 3 'laughers' at the beginning of the year.
It's now time for our coaches and players to 'put up or stfu' next week, imo. We might not win, but if we look like cheet, with a conservative, lame, "constantly run the stretch play into a brick wall" offensive game plan to try and let the defense win it, then Spencer will have hit the nail right squarely on the head with his comments.

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2013, 05:22 PM
I do agree we've played a bunch of "tomato cans" so far. All that build-up by the press about ULM before the opener was nothing more than selling PPV subscriptions, which that game on PPV with the other lame games broadcast on Fox was absolutely ridiculous. However when a team breaks in new QB(s), sometimes you need 2 or 3 'laughers' at the beginning of the year.
It's now time for our coaches and players to 'put up or stfu' next week, imo. We might not win, but if we look like cheet, with a conservative, lame, "constantly run the stretch play into a brick wall" offensive game plan to try and let the defense win it, then Spencer will have hit the nail right squarely on the head with his comments.

Agree with this and as it turns out, only 1 of those three games was used to break in the new QB that will face the Irish. ND certainly looks beatable, but they will be by far the best competition we've seen so far and it's on the road with a QB with 1 start under his belt. Rushing yards will be tough to come by, so we'll have to have an open game plan as well as play solid D.

Piware
9/21/2013, 05:35 PM
Holgerson and the Hillbillies are having a bad day. They must be blinded by the rain and those gawd awful Maryland helmets.

FaninAma
9/21/2013, 05:37 PM

2 pick sixes. ULM has no cornerback play at all. Baylor may very well win the Big 12 but that is a testament to the mediocrity of the conference as much as it is to the awesomeness of the bears.

Soonerwake
9/21/2013, 05:48 PM
Baylor looks good, ULM does not. Baylor may be for real, but there is a lot of football to go.

As far as the Baylor dude, I know he's been here for a long time, but I will say it for about the umpteenth time. Go away....

Soonerfossil
9/21/2013, 05:57 PM

Goodness! Are we just a tad touchy today?

okiewaker
9/21/2013, 05:59 PM
USuC in a tight one 17-14

NorthernIowaSooner
9/21/2013, 06:33 PM
First of all, Wofford was scheduled at the very last minute because SMU bought themselves out of their game with us and we were left scrambling.
Second, OU's OOC wasn't that much better than ours.
Third, there are teams ahead of us who have played similar competition to us and I sure haven't heard the same **** about them while being ranked higher than us.
Fourth, you sound butthurt that someone else in the Big XII is doing and will do what you believe OU should be doing and won't do. That's the sum of your issue.
Fifth, I'm not going anywhere.
Sixth, you're making Longhorn fans look far more football smart.

Why do you so badly crave the validation of your team on another team's message board? Did you get jealous of all those threads we spend praising OSU, Texas, K-State, etc?

Baylor is no longer the little brother of the BigXII but the complex clearly lives on.

EatLeadCommie
9/21/2013, 06:44 PM
I don't think we can get off on bashing Baylor's schedule. They've absolutely throttled everybody on it and our own schedule hasn't exactly been a murderer's row. WVU got shutout by a very mediocre Maryland team today. We looked offensively bad against ULM and WVU, but granted have had a change since then. Baylor has looked like an offensive juggernaut against everybody, including ULM, and they will put up at least 50 on WVU.

SoonerForLife92
9/21/2013, 07:21 PM
USuC in a tight one 17-14

Who did they play?

okiewaker
9/21/2013, 07:32 PM
Who did they play?

They won,,,beat Utah St.

aurorasooner
9/21/2013, 07:46 PM
MizzOU 14 Indiana zip, 1st qtr almost over. BTN Just noticed Stanford is beating the crap out of ASU. I guess Stanford isn't going to let the PAC refs determine this one. Texas Tech 13 Texas State nothing half

8timechamps
9/21/2013, 08:19 PM
Today, Baylor sold me a little more on their offense. There is certainly something there.

I have no idea what the ULM defensive coordinator was doing early in the game (and possibly later, but I quit watching for a while). On Baylor's first two scores, the DBs were playing so close to the line, and the safety was nowhere to be seen. It looked like a high school defense playing Baylor.

Nonetheless, Baylor did what they were supposed to do. Petty is very accurate, and if anyone in the conference is going to beat them, they'll have to start by getting pressure on him.

Last year, I wasn't "buying" Baylor. For the past few weeks, I haven't really believed. Now, I'm starting to think their offense is very real. Defense on the other hand, not sure what they have yet.